Page 91 of 739 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191591 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 91

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    I've never had pannekoeken, and haven't been a big fan of waffles for a long time, but it was free. A really crappy breakfast situation turned awesome. Hooray for super apologetic managers who forget people's orders and then gives us free stuff!

Standard Easter dinner is ham & stuff. Boyfriend's mom made ham & lasagna. Oh that ham. I was nomming on all the fatty pieces. I want more

Standard Easter dinner for my family is meatmeatmeatmeatmeat, some rice & lentil thing, meatmeatmeat, kielbasa, pepper vodka, other types of booze aaannnnd yeap. Of course, now that my dad is apparently vegan...

[[cry face]]
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I really think it varies from person to person, and can change depending on the state of the body. Some people lose weight low carb (50g or lower), some people prefer to stay that way even just for maintenance. Some people function best with 1/3 of calories coming from carbs, and that would make others sluggish. I think, ideally, a body does well on a moderate carb level (100-150g, or maybe 150-200g) when it's not super active, but that is for an entirely healthy body with no metabolic or other issues.

I think I want to try increasing my carbs to 100g+ range, I'm just not sure how to do that without eating a lot of white rice. I also don't want to get burnt out on sweet potatoes. I guess that means more squash? I'm curious to see if my body seems to function well at a "maintenance" level at this point.
    I've upped my potato intake to nearly 2-3 a day (75g of starchy carbs based on what the package says.) Mid sized russet potatoes are easy to microwave and fun to pan fry in beef fat.

I made juliene fries for my wife last night and she enjoyed her first paleo meal in a long time! Sausages, carrots and broccoli steamed/sauteed in garlic olive oil, and fries in beef fat.

She just delivered a baby, so I'm doing all the cooking, and she said she was soooo full, she couldn't finish it!

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I think I have nerve damage in my toes, or something. 2nd and third toe (counting in from big) on my left foot, and 2nd toe on my right foot get very itchy sometimes. I thought it was something fungal at first, maybe it is. I am going to lather them in coconut oil at least once a day while I'm healing my tattoo, which should be plenty of time to take care of it, if that's the cause. 2nd and 3rd toe on my left foot are very stiff and painful to bend sometimes when the itchiness flares up though. This definitely sounds like a good thing to take to the doctor, but I don't want to add more $ that I owe to the office right now. I'm wondering if I should soak them. They seemed slightly frost bitten a while back in the winter, so that may be what happened in terms of the painful stiffness. Weird that just a couple of toes froze! If it *is* fungal, I should probably clean out my boots...

I'm intrigued by this product Vitacost Thyroid Complex
    Every penny is important, so I guess I should not risk it. I don't want to mess up my thyroid if there's nothing wrong with it, but I know I'm not getting iodine & manganese in my diet. I just placed an order for more Tyrosine and 5-HTP. Should keep me going for 2 more months on the 5-HTP, 3-4 on the Tyrosine. If only VitaCost had a rewards program like VitaminShoppe (not worth it because it's more expensive)! The $ I got for selling a dress will cover these supplements though

I feel a bit itchy. I am really hoping that I can keep my carbs up while I do this candida protocol from here on out. I am really hoping I can mess up a bit this weekend when we're out and about and not have another flare-up. I am really hoping that a bit of cider on Easter doesn't mess things up either! At least I know how to manage the flare-ups, right? My sex drive has been poop since late last week and I think I need a break to let things recover a bit more. At least 2 days

Oh and I purposely ate more than usual yesterday. I think I was closer to 1800 calories, but probably still under. I was still hungry after dinner, had a sweet potato, still hungry until I crawled into bed. I don't know if that's because my brain said "welp you're going to bed now so forget that" or "welp you actually weren't hungry, and now you're sufficiently distracted so the feeling is gone!"
    Before you start taking a thyroid supplement, try adding in the potatoes again. I'm feeling a WHOLE LOT better lately, and I'm on only 4 hours of sleep a night .

BTW, you might hit high carb flu. Always eat when you're hungry, choose potatoes in your meals last (because they will fill you up!), and good luck!

Sorry I haven't visited in a while :O.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Hey dude, no worries, you've got another baby to care for now! Congrats btw

I am using avocados and sweet potatoes (as well as bananas because they are delicious & cheap) to fill up, snack on, whatever. This morning I wasn't really hungry so I had a sweet potato with some raw local honey mashed in. I hard boiled a few eggs for lunch. Higher carb (whatever a couple of sweet potatoes and a piece of fruit) seems to be helping with my hunger issues, it's just trial & error and trying to be more consistent. Speaking of which, I'm out of bananas. The trouble with avocados is they all ripen at the same time and I'm not really interested in eating several avocados in one day! Tonight's dinner is yet to be determined, probably chicken & rice & broc. I will try to save the sweet potato for after dinner if I'm still hungry, and have an avocado before dinner if I'm ravenous.

Over the weekend I definitely had some moments where carbs were all I wanted (and I didn't have access to any, boo). Maybe it's just that time (PMS is likely this week), maybe it's my body just telling me what it needs. Sweet and regular potatoes are definitely on the grocery list. Boyfriend likes the oven fries I make and they're pretty easy. Maybe I will get some frozen berries and have some fruit smoothies with breakfast occasionally. Dear Body, are you becoming more normal? Please say yes. Love, me.

Allergy appointment tomorrow. I will let you all know when I get my results! I know for sure soy will turn up in the results, but I'm really curious what else might (esp. the seasonal stuff).

My legs are killllinnnggg meeee. Worst pain I have ever felt as a result of motion. I walked a lot this weekend at PAX East, and I wore my moccasins. I guess my legs are not used to "barefoot" walking and I overdid it. I will be living off of Ibuprofen for the next few days, at least. I am wondering how often/much I should walk in these shoes in order to avoid that kind of pain again. It definitely felt better when I slipped on some regular sneakers yesterday. It would probably be a good goal to take at least one longer walk every weekend, maybe an hour?

I am using avocados and sweet potatoes (as well as bananas because they are delicious & cheap) to fill up, snack on, whatever.
    Can I convince you to try white potatoes? It was eye opening to see how they keep me full for so long. Also a big bag of them is nearly 2$. It's a small price to pay.

One last thing, I love bananas now and they fill me up good too.
    Follow me on google+

I will get me a big bag of russets and sweets (I'll save those for breakfast) this week. I think it's my turn for groceries anyway.

Yay! Good luck!
    Follow me on google+

I forgot to note that I've been getting heart burn lately. Seems like it could be from eggs, but I'm sure I remember it happening after eating anything. I haven't been taking my probiotic powder as much lately, so I'll get back on track with that and we'll see how this goes. It might just be something from the anti-candida supplements, in which case, it'll go away in a couple of weeks when I run out and keep my fingers crossed for no major yeast symptoms.

Ramblings, Ravings and Rants.: Coconut oil during tattoo healing process
    I just wanted to write something, so it's not super polished or well-edited.

I found a tasty snack: raw local honey mixed with mashed avocado. It's pretty filling and mostly tastes like the honey. I added some cinnamon, but couldn't taste it. It's nice to have something like pudding, I want to try that chocolate-avocado pudding recipe now. I had this snack last night after dinner, which filled me up, and with my 3 hard-boiled eggs at breakfast. It didn't feel like enough this morning though and I was too tired to make lunch so today is probably going to be rough. I'll have a sweet potato after work before my appointment and hope for the best.

I ran out of 5-HTP and my new supply is on the way so I am inadvertently taking a week off from it despite not wanting to. Based on the poor sleep I've had lately, I'd say I still need it. I've been waking up super groggy and discombobulated, to the point that I can't shave my legs or I risk falling over in the shower. I keep running into door jambs because I don't estimate my distance to the door frame properly. Feels like high school all over again. Could be a combination of the cheats on the weekend and lack of 5-HTP, but I won't question it until I get 5-HTP back into my life. Magnesium does seem to help me sleep, but it takes about an hour to kick in. I forgot to take the first dose (I split it up because 6 pills at once is a bit daunting to me) with dinner so I was late taking it and had some trouble getting to bed.

Allergy testing at 6pm tonight. I keep mentioning this so I don't forget to go! I wonder how it will work, I'm pretty sure it's a skin-prick test, but do I fill out a list of things I want to be tested for? Local blossoming trees, bee stings, soy, eggs, meat proteins, corn, wheat, yeast, pet dander are all on my mental list. The trees are the only things I want to see about getting shots for, the rest is just for confirmation (I really hope I'm not allergic to eggs or meat proteins, but I think I'd know by now).

My legs are much less sore today so I could probably start exercising again after destroying them this weekend. I'm on the fence about doing a work-out circuit using that "30 Day Shred" video set. On the one hand, it's helpful to have a set routine I have to follow, on the other, I fucking hate it. It's probably the only way I'm going to get cardio in unless I start swimming again, so I guess I'll do it. Maybe tomorrow after work though, because then Boyfriend won't see me ><

I found out that you can freeze ripe avocados by wrapping them in plastic wrap, then bagging them in a seal-able bag in the freezer. Leaving them in the fridge overnight will defrost them. Sweet! I finished off my avocados already (the last one had a little section of mold I had to cut out, ew), but I will definitely do this for the future.

Damn allergies, my right eye has been leaking randomly this season and it's super obnoxious.

No-poo update: It's been 6 weeks since I started my second no-poo experiment and I think I've finally figured it out (though I have no idea if my head has transitioned yet or not)! I boiled some water (a couple of days ago) & mixed in my baking soda and used that to wash my hair those morning (also have a boiled water & WV solution read). I didn't get around to using the conditioning rinse, but my hair feels clean and thick! My hair has always been fine & a bit oily in the past, so this is a really nice improvement. I'm very curious to see how this works out going forward, and how long I can get away not washing again. I might wash twice a week just for appearances from now on, but we'll see how my head feels about that.

So I am officially allergic to a ton of pollen (incl. oak and ragweed the worst, some summer grasses), mold, and dust. The allergist tested for food allergies and said that my reaction to soy (itchy throat) and wheat (heartburn) may be due to their grass-like (pollen carrying) nature, and I should avoid anything that makes me sick (duh). I am apparently a good candidate for allergy shots and may get them as soon as I find out how my insurance will cover it. But for now, nasal sprays and Zyrtec galore!

The doctor was nice, basically just talked at me about allergies. I'll include more information on what he said about post nasal drip tomorrow. He did not seem super interested in "natural remedies", but I may ask him what he thinks of raw local honey & some of the allergy supplements I've found the next time I go (in a month).