Page 9 of 751 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 9

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    Got home and got into an insta-bad mood. Part of it is thinking about my boyfriend sitting around playing video games all day while I have to go to work (so I walked in and was a mega-bitch to him though I really didn't want to be), and part of it is just being TIRREEEDD.

So I had a brownie. I really want pho right now, and we could go get it, a few stops away on the subway, but my boyfriend, surprisingly (he loves this stuff), doesn't sound that interested. Grumble. I wish I could kill these random bad moods in the face. Instantly. With a shotgun.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Boyfriend sitting around the house all day while you are working - grrr. I've been there and my now ex would still be in his boxer shorts. It's not a memory I'm fond of.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

Apparently it's just bad timing and he's not playing WoW all day, but just like 5+ hours a day from before I get home till bedtime. Last night I forced us to go out so we could get out of the house, which resulted getting ramen, which resulted in lots of pent up gas this morning! Hopefully it doesn't drift over the walls of my cubicle haha.

No more cheating! He leaves for Costa Rica today through the weekend. I will get food for myself and enjoy it (BAACCCOOONNNNNNNN) and then enjoy a nice weekend up at a friend's lake house. With a grill, I imagine paleo eating will go pretty well. I've already let them know of my gluten-intolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Apparently it's just bad timing and he's not playing WoW all day, but just like 5+ hours a day from before I get home till bedtime.
    akkkkk .... of course he does because it's always so attractive to watch your boyfriend glued to the computer on a virtual quest.

The weekend at the lake sounds lovely. I remember you have been looking forward to a break and, although this one is just for the weekend, it will probably be a really nice change of pace for you.

I never got into gaming, and I hate to sound judgmental but a grown man spending all day on it seems... childish. But hey, I'm allowed to be a crusty old SOB, since I'm 47 today! If I have a couple of hours to do nothing, my choice is to open up a book. I can def see why coming home to that would be Just add water for Instant Bad Mood!

Last night I forced us to go out so we could get out of the house, which resulted getting ramen, which resulted in lots of pent up gas this morning! Hopefully it doesn't drift over the walls of my cubicle haha.
    I used to share a double-cube at a former job, and I got tired of trying to ease out the flatulence. Finally I got to that point of not giving a shit and would just snap the bastards out, but I would cleverly disguise it by "accidentally" kicking the trash can. Which sounds nothing like a fart, but it did become a running joke with Mrs. FW. As in, taking in leftover chili? You'll be kicking the trash can today!

Grillin' and chillin' by the lake, sounds excellent!

Haha yes, it does seem childish. He's not as mature is he seems/he thinks he is, sometimes. Don't even get me started on why he won't talk to my parents anymore. But I love him anyway. and Happy Birthday!

Feeling pretty okay today. A bit tired, but also energetic (never understand how that works), which makes me frustrated with lazy boyfriend who doesn't want to listen to me talk a mile a minute while I wander around outside during my lunch break. I should really stop complaining about him, makes it sound like we're very unhappy, or I'm very unhappy with him, but we work very well together and I have a lot of hope for our future.

Anyway, was hungry this morning, didn't feel like eating so I had a couple spoonfuls of almond butter. It's so tasty, but it's like my tongue can't handle more than that, even if my belly is still growling. I have this problem with a lot of fatty foods, makes my tongue feel fat! Having some veggies and a can of tuna for lunch. I didn't realize that cans I got were small though I have to get food tonight! I really want to make meatza, but I think that's better for sharing (eating alone the next 2-3 nights).

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlarchitect View Post
    Boyfriend sitting around the house all day while you are working - grrr.
    Does he not work/go to school? I play WoW. It is a way to blow off steam. Childish? Perhaps, but no more childish than watching television or going outside 'to play' (something Mark advocates). Of course, I work and go to school, so there is more to life than WoW. Judging the OP's bf based on her being frustrated after working seems unfair.

Now, if all he does is sit on his butt and play games then one would wonder why the OP is with him at all.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Thank you!

I didn't notice the irony of a) talking about something being childish, juxtaposed with b) a farting story. Until just now.

It's OK to vent about stuff. What a journal is for, no?

Do you like sardines? I've loved them since I was a kid (Lincoln was still president), and I sometimes throw a can in the ol' lunchbag. King Oscar is my fave.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Does he not work/go to school? I play WoW. It is a way to blow off steam. Childish? Perhaps, but no more childish than watching television or going outside 'to play' (something Mark advocates). Of course, I work and go to school, so there is more to life than WoW. Judging the OP's bf based on her being frustrated after working seems unfair.

Now, if all he does is sit on his butt and play games then one would wonder why the OP is with him at all.
    WTF? I have no problem with him playing WoW and I really don't see that in my comment. My comment wasn't about WoW at all.
    If you go back just a bit in this thread you'll see the boyfriend isn't working this summer. My comment was regarding the fact that he is at this point in time at home during day while she is trekking to the office for the usual long day in a cubicle (or whatever). Not really a judgement on his employment status either. Just a bit of bonding over the reality that it is frustrating to come home sometimes in that situation. That's it. Nothing more. No anti-WoW agenda here. Okay?

I think Finnegans Wake's comments were more generational regarding choice of a hobby than anything. I don't think he intended the comment to be taken personally. We all have our passions and interests and what seems normal to one person is utterly strange to another ... and I thought he did I nice job of expressing his viewpoint while clarifying that it was nothing more or less than that.

I've never had sardines, but the stereotype of them being a gross food does stick with me.

What is it with older men being attracted to my blogs (was on a car forum once for my '77 Beetle, sold it 2 yrs ago though, the guys there loved me)? =P

Yes, he's a full-time student, but it's summer. He took a summer course, but could not afford more to get ahead (biology major), the courses are something like $3k and if he uses his GI Bill for it, he'll owe a lot more during his last semester (so better to save them for regular school year). I realized just now that his mood tends to deteriorate/he gets "lazy" when he doesn't have a regular activity like school. I've tried to encourage him to stay active, and he does like to be active, but he doesn't go swimming often despite buying a gym membership with me. I think he's just got summer-syndrome right now, but there's nothing I can really do about it, he has to find his own motivation. He'll be fine once school starts again (then he'll complain about his school work and get really good grades, damn him). He does not like it when I try to tell him that it seems like he's been irritable lately, but I know what that's like ("Are you okay?" "GAWD YES I'M FINE WHY ARE YOU ASKING?!?!?").

Oh and he has not been able to find a summer job. They are scarce nowadays. Though he refused to even work at a local grocery store, which would probably give us discounts and he could work there for a very short amount of time and it not really be an issue. He puts a lot of effort into his guild on WoW, and might be given temporary leadership since the original leader has been offline for months and there's no organization right now except what he does when he's on (which is great, getting people to group and do arenas etc.). But still. He likes to be active, he needs to be active, and I've given up expressing to him how frustrated I get that he sits on his ass playing WoW because it just results in arguments that have no end/no solution.

I whine enough as it is. I hate whining. I tend to make everything sound worse than it is and can't tell when things are really that bad. Which meant that when I was depressed, I denied it for a while and didn't seek help and I still have this problem. Learning to read oneself is hard.

Page 9 of 751 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast