Page 86 of 798 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186586 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 86

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I've been looking forward to the day when I'm old enough to know better and too old to care for some time now. I find it's approaching faster than it probably should. On the other hand- behaving myself has gotten me nowhere and since I'm not crazy (my therapist told me so) that means it's time to try something new to get new results.

I find that two things help me in big social situations. One- they aren't my strength and that's ok. It will tire me out and sometimes it's best to avoid them if it's just not a good time- even if it is a once-a-year event. Two- I break it down into smaller pieces. If I approach and meet ONE person- it's a win. That's all I need.

I also wanted to mention that your skin is AMAZING in your new picture. Milky and smooth. Gorgeous!

We can be crazy cat ladies together. All I'm missing is the cats. (Although Boyfriend might miss you if you take that route)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I think Boyfriend would not mind being an old cat lady (yes) with us, but he'd be the most crochety and probably beat people with his cane. I would also like a really large and lazy dog, the kind that small children wish they could ride. Unfortunately, most large dogs slobber and I'm much too lazy to deal with that so I'd have the most sticky and gross-tastic floors.

Just a note, please don't use the term "retarded" lightly in my journal. If I can keep a few spaces of the interwebz free of that word, I will be glad. My brother has Down Syndrome so...I get sensitive about the use of that word. Speaking of which, yesterday was some kind of awareness day and I had a t-shirt for it and forgot to wear it. D'oh. It has a specific date on it, but I'll probably wear it anyway.

Thanks for the skin compliment. I think the edit smoothed out my skin a bit, but it's overall not bad, though my cheeks are pretty much perpetually pink. During the Whole30 it was pretty awesome, so I think I will be mostly avoiding dairy continuously, and I KNOW sugar has an affect. Mostly I strongly dislike (trying to get out of the habit of using "hate") my chin! It's always the first thing to break out and it seems like it never truly clears up. Doggone chin. I'll figure you out yet. Tack "get raw local honey" to my weekend goals list, I may start washing my chin with it haha.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Oh almost awkward moment of the day is brought to you by virus-guy, a co-worker out in Santa Barbara, who, when I mentioned my personal blog and how I edit it, asked for me to share. The conversation tactfully continued past this request, and I promptly went through my tag words and deleted any entries that might've sounded negative about my current job. I don't think I'll share it with him because of the most recent content, but it made me re-consider what I want to write about in that blog. I would like it to be something a bit more polished, someday, and I'm not sure how much I want my co-workers to read about my history with depression and self-injury, despite my willingness to share it with the rest of the world (people I know and the internet). I don't like keeping multiple blogs though so I'm not sure how I'd split it if I did keep one that is super personal and one for universal sharing.

I'm all for equal-opportunity crotchityness and today- I fully support beating stupid people with canes. He's welcome to join in!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Ramblings, Ravings and Rants.: Planning for stardom

Weekend plans
    -get bacon & eggs tonight for breakfast till vacation & feeding friends Sunday AM
    -go to Staples to buy locks (for lockers at hostel next week) & "My Name Is" stickers for party game Saturday night
    -make sure to eat dinner before party so I don't get sucked in by pizza
    -WORK ON THE DAMN SCOOTER (fill up the tank, replace that bearing that might make it go faster, see if it goes faster!) on Sunday and enjoy the nice weather
    -locate a backpack for travelling

Ugh, my keyboard is greasy. No matter what I do, it seems to get greasy pretty quickly after I clean it off. I guess I'm just doomed to having greasy hands. I'm keeping the coconut oil in my bedroom so it stays a bit softer than when it's left in the pantry, and so I remember to try using it as a moisturizer. It doesn't seem to help my hands, which have still been pretty dry lately, but it always helps my legs. I'm also using it on my lips (which have also been dry) and face. My face feels pretty nice today! It did not cure my little acne outbreak, but I imagine it might help over the next few days.

I'm a bit apprehensive about drinking this weekend. It'll be nice to hang out with my friends, but I don't think I want to drink very much and I'm not sure how to make any primal-friendly drinks that I could sip on over decent lengths of time. Actually, I think we have some gin, so I just need tonic & lime... Crisis averted! I shall be classy.

I had a hard time falling asleep last night, I got excited about the party we're planning right before I was going to go to bed. One earplug in got me to drown out raiding Boyfriend and I ultimately got to sleep. I felt pretty dead this morning, but despite snoozing the alarm till 8AM, I was out of bed at quarter-of with no chance of falling back asleep.

Last night, we went out for dinner & used a coupon so it was pretty cheap (buy 1 dinner, get the 2nd half off, equal or lesser value). I got steak picado at our favorite Mexican place. I ate everything, including the rice and refried beans, so there was definitely some corn exposure, but I'm feeling fine today aside from mildly gassy. My stomach appears even less bloated than yesterday. Carbs seem to do my body good, but they make me hungry, or maybe it's just the rice. I didn't eat the corn chips and I ate slowly and was full when my plate was empty. It felt good. I feel like my gut has recovered a lot over the past couple of months, but I will need to be careful not to let that confidence lead me to too many wheaty or sugary indulgences.

It's going to be a long day. There are some things I could do, but I'm just not feeling motivated. I wish I could go home and be crafty, but I know I wouldn't do anything once I was there!

I'm going going to get tested for allergies on April 10 after work. The money I set aside with every paycheck should cover any lab costs, so it'll feel like I don't have to pay for it since it essentially will get paid for throughout the year I'm excited to find out what I'm allergic to! I'm going to make them be as thorough as possible, with pollen, mold, and any food stuff they can do.

Side thoughts on body image: My body image has vastly improved over the past 8 months, but it still gets pretty low from time to time. I am not sure if it's a good or bad thing that we don't have a full-length mirror. Sometimes I just want to know what I look like. Looking at pictures on tumblr, pinterest, and weheartit of women with chest tattoos don't really make me feel better: most women have a larger bust-body ratio than I do! And I don't know many women who have broad shoulders, but are lean like me. So it's a bit unnerving that I have nothing to compare myself to, makes me feel abnormal, BUT that isn't a bad thing. I said to Boyfriend the other day, in a moment of gloom while oggling titties on those sites, "I feel like I might want to get a boob job someday" and he jokingly slapped me and told me "No!" He doesn't often bust out those heart-felt compliments because he really doesn't need to, he is is constantly expressing how attractive he finds me in one way or another (I'm pretty damn lucky I guess, but my self-esteem comes in its own time), but I get the sentiment anyway. I guess getting carded for the next 17 years or so (maybe I'll look like I'm 30 when I'm 40?) won't be such a bad thing?

BUT GUYS. DRESSES JUST DON'T FIT ME. I really need to start making my own shizz. I got a cute sundress last year from Target (pretty cheap as I recall) with some plastic boning in the chest and I was able to easily modify it so I can wear it without a bra and I get a bit of boobage, but not so much that it looks malformed or doesn't really fit me. Most dresses can't be modified so easily, and with my budget in place, it's not likely I'll be buying anything new for a while anyway, but it's something that bothers me nonetheless. I want to dress purty

I hear you about things not fitting. I'm built differently than you, but according to the fashion industry I'm also built all wrong. I find that if I find things that fit and look good- and I get good quality- then I just do my best to hang onto it. I recently lost my favorite blazer ever due to an accident in the washing machine It really does do a number on your self-esteem though. I mean- we're taught that we're supposed to be able to just go out and buy things. I think there was a thread on here a while ago about tailoring and how it used to be the standard since we're all . . . different.

I suck at accessorizing, but would that help you feel dressed up? Also- since you've got sewing skills, maybe if you haunted second-hand shops until you found dresses that could be altered? It is nice to feel purty sometimes- but you need the clothes to fit to make it really feel good- so it can be hard.

Hooray on the boyfriend that likes you the way you are and TELLS you so!

Oh yeah, I'm the worst at accessorizing. I like my silver rings, my occasional necklace (but I lost my ankh so I don't wear them often anymore) and a scarf on cooler days. I don't really wear things that aren't practical, so I don't really "dress up" or accessorize. If I can work something in that stays out of my way, it's all good. I do need to go thrifting, my weekends just seem to be consumed by a lot of other things lately (though admittedly I'm often bored and just enjoying the nothing).

Most days I really don't care past "how recently have I worn this," but I'm discovering that I have some days where I know ahead of time that I'm going to shave my legs and either set out my clothes or get up on time instead of snoozing so late so I have time to really put myself together. There might be a little makeup or hair accessories and just wearing a skirt and heels makes me feel girly. It's far from a daily thing, but it feeds my girly side occasionally. Now for my knee to quit whining long enough for me to get used to my hooker Mary Janes again . . .

Embrace the nothing! Sometimes it's the best thing ever.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ah make-up. I don't wear it often because I feel like my glasses overshadow any glam attempts. I might get a little glitzy this weekend for our partay, but that's just because, our theme is Daylight Savings haha. Not like it's anything super special awesome. I have this idea of an outfit with my new moccasin ankle boots (so really, suede ankle boots; and they are super comfy btw) and dark tights and a dress, but I don't think I actually have a dress that'll work with it. And tomorrow is going to be chilly. Boo.

I wanna do this!