Page 78 of 769 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178578 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 78

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Either way I intend to do something in the form of exercise this weekend! I want a cute(r) butt! haha
    I make no comment on this, though I will say squats, deadlifts, and kb swings are good for this.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Yessss I am on my way to success. Even if I don't reach my 1 pull-up goal by my birthday, maybe I will have a cuter butt to show off for the success stories page =P
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Wow, nice to have the site back! I have to say I missed MDA quite a bit, but I'm sure it was healthy for me to take a break

Ramblings, Ravings and Rants.: Sense of me.

I owe you guys a photo for the week. I haven't touched my camera in a couple of weeks. Must get on that.

The Whole30 Gone Bad | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
    The problems described here occured for me before I did my Whole30, not during or after! That's good, if maybe a bit strange. The structure works for me, I guess. I will definitely repeat another Whole 30 this year, even though I'm kind of doing one now. I just want to make sure I have another month where I dedicate my eating to whole and unprocessed foods without exception. It seems to help make that a habit and to make fake foods less of an option.

Doctor's appointment: The doctor confirmed that an anti-yeast diet would be best for the next 6 weeks (cry) and wants me to get a homeopathic remedy called "C Away". You guys! This is why I like this doctor! Check it out! The ingredients are a number of things that I was considering trying on their own! I am hunting down the best price including shipping and will order it ASAP. He wants me on 1 pill 2x daily for the first week and 2 pills 2x daily for the other 5 (damn which means I need two bottles). If I don't have improvements after that, he will refer me to an allergist for testing. Their preferred allergy testing facility is in Wellesley, which is not super close... So I might just try Quercetin and raw honey at that point (my seasonal allergies don't start until Summer usually so I have time). It's just too impractical for me right now (this Spring) to go back and forth from Wellesley to try and get the testing done at reasonable times without taking time off work. Not to mention he said I'd be given syringes to INJECT MYSELF. Eff that, not happening. I'd make Boyfriend do it, but that seems unfair. I had some blood drawn this morning and will know my iron level results in a few days.

Sugar-free/modified Whole30 continuation: Still sugar-free! One week completed. Some minor "cheats" that I am not counting would be a thoughtless bite of my boyfriend's refried beans on "dirty Mexican night" (Saturday night), a handful of corn chips, and a couple of slices of lime (in my water and then I ate them). All delicious and doubtful that they put me off track in any way. Oh yes and almond milk with the sample Jay Robb chocolate protein powder I got. Oh man, whoever said that might trigger my sugar cravings was right! It was delicious though, and I think I'll go with that brand if/when I get more protein powder. Probably not till March if I can help it. The budget must be abided. I think I will be able to handle it in the future, but I really wanted another later that evening and wasn't sure if I would be able to resist if I'd had a tub of it in the apartment.

Symptoms: Ye gods, the migraines. I am pretty sure they are related to my congestion as I have felt more congested since late last week. In the movies Friday night, I started getting a migraine. It was gone by the time I woke up Saturday, then I got another at a different theater when I took my bro to see The Phantom Menace 3D (which I actually enjoyed, more so for the fact that it's Star Wars than for it being any kind of quality film, because I don't really think it is) Saturday afternoon. And then all-day Sunday until the evening. And again today. I feel nauseous, which is probably going to help me not think about my lack of lunch today, but that's not a good thing. I had a random outbreak of acne on my chin, the usual place, I think that was before "dirty Mexican night" so I have no idea what that could be about. I also got a couple of canker sores inside my lower lip (labrum area), but they're not painful.

Supplements: I got a bottle of Cod Liver Oil, unflavored, It's not horrible, but not terribly pleasant either. I take my teaspoon before chugging my probiotic water & supplements. It gives me fishy burps, but I don't think it would if I mixed it into something (I just don't want to encourage oxidation otherwise I'd try mixing it in the eggs). I spent a long time in WF on Saturday looking at supplements, but I'm glad I didn't get anything considering my doctor's recommendation. Considering my occasional difficulty winding down at bedtime, I think that I need to get back on 5-HTP when I can.

Sleep: Yeah yeah, still not getting to bed early enough. Boyfriend and I discussed possibly keeping the shades cracked to let the morning light assist in waking us (mostly him) up. Today was a big fat fail because last night we both had trouble falling asleep, he did not sleep restfully, and then he wrenched his shoulder when his alarm went off and startled him.

Cholesterol results: They came back very quickly, within a week! I'm concerned though. Well fasting Glucose was good at 90.

HDL: 69
    LDL: 157
    Total: 248

Triglycerides: 110

I've been waiting for the forum to come back up so I could read about cholesterol and how bad this might actually be. My HDL is unchanged from July '11, my total is down by 7, and I didn't have the other two results from my regular doctor's office.

Budget: I overshot last week's spending because of the movies (I paid for both movies I saw over the weekend) and the fish oil ($28.99 for that small bottle!!!), but I should still be in a good range for savings as long as we don't go crazy with groceries for the rest of the month. That is dependent on whether Boyfriend has enough to pay for another week, or if the rest is on me =\ I am doing some window shopping online for the moccasins I want to get to see if I can find a better price or a cheaper, similar style. I actually found Minnetonkas, the loafer style, in TJ Maxx the other day! Very comfy, but not a style I would wear regularly. I also found a pair of Merrell Train Pure Gloves, in Chili Pepper. The box toe was HUGE and it's again not a style I think I would wear regularly. Plus they were still at least $70 and that's too much for any pair of shoes for me these days. AND it's not what I'm saving for I ALSO found a pair of flats that I really liked the look of and fit me really well (I rarely find ones that stay on my feet, no idea why), but they were Vera Wang, aka. designer, and still about $80. Boo.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    HDL: 69
    LDL: 157
    Total: 248
    Triglycerides: 110
    OH NOES LOOK OUT FOR THAT LDL UR GONNA DIE CAUSE THE CHOLESTEROL IS BAD.

Ok jokes aside,

It looks like your triglycerides are still a bit high. Another good reason why your LDL is high is because you might have a lot of oxidized LDL particles.

I had similar results but my homocystine levels were so low that it didn't matter. In fact, my HDL was down a lot. Don't worry about it. Just avoid da grains and da starchy tubers.

You're fine.

You can even get your fasting blood glucose down to 80. Good luck though!
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

I wonder if I could get access to grass-fed beef (I mean if I could afford it every time I was gonna eat it) if that would make a difference. I get free range chicken when I can, but that's about all I can manage for proper meat supply

I forgot to add, my legs have been REALLY sore since last Friday. I did more KB swings this morning to see if I needed a stretch or what, but it didn't help. I took some some Ibuprofen and it helped my legs, but not my head. My weekend just had a few episodes of "functional fitness" which comprised of moving a heavy couch across a room and walking the very heavy laundry basket around.

Final thoughts of the day:
    -I love the smell of coffee (grew up with coffee drinking parents), and the taste is growing on me. I do NOT want to get a caffeine addiction, but the energy boost really helps me in the afternoon. I forgot to take my afternoon supps today. I had the coffee to see if it would help my migraine, and it did, for about 30 min. Then the nausea came back (taking my appetite with it again) full force and so did the migraine. FML, can't wait for this supplement to get here and hopefully do something beneficial!

-Fishies for dinner tonight, not the cod I've been getting, but I forget what (something wild caught and frozen). I might try to pan sear to avoid smoking out the apartment with a 500F oven, but I'm very nervous about it getting stuck to the pan!

-So I don't forget, Quercetin will be the next supp I try to see if that helps the allergy sytmpoms, if this C Away stuff doesn't fix it (assuming candida or some other intestinal issue is the cause).

Ramblings, Ravings and Rants.: Happy anniversary of the stoning of a Christian saint.

I remembered my earbuds & iPod today aahhh. I've been wanting a little more control of the noise in my life at work.

Food: I don't know what kind of fish I got last week, but it was not very good. Maybe it was the kind that's better suited pan seared and/or with lemon instead of butter. It was just too fishy. Yeah, I know. I made mashed potatoes last night, they were lacking in something, but I don't know what. Tasty anyways. It was a meager night with the crappy fish and I really should've cooked up some veggies to go with it all. Maybe that would've stopped me from being ravenous in the evening

Boyfriend is handling dinner tonight and I have lunch, woot.

Brain Shizz: Didn't report on this yesterday, but adding Tyrosine seems to have helped immensely. Of course I'm about to run out and won't be able to get more until Saturday when I can trek out to the Vitamin Shoppe. Don't want to waste money on shipping. Overall been feeling okay lately as long as I remember to take everything (afternoon Theanine...just can't remember it for some reason).

Symptoms: Mild itchiness persists. Dry skin has improved slightly. I wonder if some of this is sugar detox? Meh, whatever, I just want my new anti-candida supps to come in some I can see if those do anything! Congestion is thick and obnoxious again today, as it has been lately, but at least the migraine has not returned since it disappeared late yesterday afternoon.

Exercise: I did some squats to try to stretch out my thighs yesterday and they were still sore, but on a different level from the kind of soreness I get from squats. They hurt when I drive. It's the surface muscles, if that makes sense. It's better today, but still pretty sore! I wonder what I did to make this persist. Oh yes apparently last week I was still somewhat bloated from something because yesterday I appeared to be much slimmer & flatter. Nice! But it's gone today, probably from the potatoes =P

Sleep: I slept okay last night, but since Castle was on, I didn't get to bed early enough. Try again tonight!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Love the blog post. I'm actually wearing black and blue today because I don't seem to own any green work clothes. Yes, I'm bitter and whiny about this holiday. It's partially anti-consumerism, but mostly sour grapes. Hope your boyfriend does something sweet!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

He better, because he got me all grumpy thinking about money and whining about not having the car. On a normal day it's no issue because he's in class and/or doesn't need to go anywhere once he's home. Today he wants to go out and get things and refuses to ever take the bus (really fucking obnoxious point of pride I guess), and bitched at me about getting a car. I'm not driving the slow-ass scooter without proper gear, which I can't afford, and I'm not buying a car, because I can't afford one!

If I had a few hundred more coming in every month, I could save up more easily for a down payment & afford to pay off a fairly cheap new or pre-owned car (from a dealership) and the insurance for it. My good credit score would probably help too. But no. I has no moneys. I has no additional income. I has frustration instead. And have resorted to meme-speak.

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    why does da boyfriend not get his own car instead of complaining that YOU don't have one? Tell him to start saving

about the fishy burps, try keeping the bottle in the fridge, and eat them with a meal

I'm going to look into the Candida stuff too, maybe that is why I still get an irritated gut so easily...

speaking of meme-speak, I haz cheeseburger for lunch. really