Page 77 of 786 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177577 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 77

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Aaw! *Hug*

What's wrong with leftovers for lunch? And the key to a filling salad is copious amounts of meat/cheese/olive oil as desired. I really like topping a salad with half a can of tuna that's been marinating in olive oil and vinegar all morning. For veggies- mine are pretty simple- carrots, lettuce, um- that might be it. (Apparently I need to work on my salads, too.) I'm also a fan of slices of cold medium-rare steak on my salads.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I should put this in my signature because it's been coming up lately. I hate coconut oil! The smell of it is somewhat sickening to me. I managed to cook some steak in it this morning and did not taste it, but I definitely taste it with eggs. I'm aiming to use it in cooking at least once a day, but that's all I can manage without feeling vomitous haha.

Thanks for the bulk suggestions, that may come in handy if I stay on these supplements for a while. Now to find some conversion charts so I can figure out how much 100g is compared to...anything else.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Piping in with another endorsement for TrueProtein. I love that you can customize the mix.

And why do you want to do salad? I eschew salad these days. I spent years trying to make myself eat it/enjoy it, but it's not worth it. I prefer to get my veg on in other ways.
    Also also, I hear you on the coconut oil. I use it to bake with and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Aaw! *Hug*

What's wrong with leftovers for lunch? And the key to a filling salad is copious amounts of meat/cheese/olive oil as desired. I really like topping a salad with half a can of tuna that's been marinating in olive oil and vinegar all morning. For veggies- mine are pretty simple- carrots, lettuce, um- that might be it. (Apparently I need to work on my salads, too.) I'm also a fan of slices of cold medium-rare steak on my salads.
    I don't know. Histamine increases in leftover meat, I guess? And increased histamine means increased allergy response. And the longer meat sits around, the more yeast it can grow, but I don't know if that's true for every meat or just things like sausage. The nutritionist said to try to have fresh food whenever possible. I don't feel like this is the issue, but I don't know if it might take a couple weeks for histamine levels in my gut to sort themselves out.

I sucked it up and had a couple spoonfuls of coconut oil last night (ew) and at least two spoonfuls of coconut shavings (unsweetened, less ew). At some point the scent was too much for me and I wanted to barf and die, so I went to bed. My punishment for not eating enough will be coconut oil, hah, as it seems to help take the edge off the hunger ><

Food: I only track on FitDay as needed because I have to write down everything I eat for the nutritionist anyway. It's just too much of a pain to record it all in a million places, hence why I've cut down on specific food reports here. Breakfasts lately have been 3-egg omelettes with steak (usually leftover, sometimes freshly cooked) with my water w/ probiotic and supplements (taken just before eating). I've been skipping lunch, but that needs to change. Dinners are varied, but usually reported here. I'm not sure if I'm overdoing it on carbs to kill of the candida, with a few servings of potatoes and rice every week. But I can change that, I've only really been thinking about the anti-candida stuff for two weeks (and last week I was still eating sugar). Anyway, I have been entering my food in FitDay lately only because I am apparently not eating enough and I want to make sure I'm keeping in a good range for calories and macros. Yesterday I was fairly under for fat and protein, and apparently pretty low carb (26g) even with the fries I made. I'm not good at guessing for amounts though, so it could've easily been twice that much. I ate about 1500 calories, give or take. The bacon on my burgers helped tip me up into a more acceptable range

Despite my usual routine this morning, I am feeling pretty hungry so I'll probably eat lunch earlier. Possibly hungry from yesterday's deficit? Or dehydrated, she says, as she feels a headache coming on.

Sleep: Got caught up in a book, again. I am getting tired at appropriate times and just not going to bed. Try again tonight, as always.

Exercise: I feel kind of sore from the squats I did yesterday, but it feels more like a soreness due to lack of stretching than from the work. Either way I will have to wait until the soreness dissipates before I try anything else. Next time I focus on core and upper body. I haven't done any core work this week. I am struggling to keep good posture while sitting at work today because my upper back is sore and I know it's good for me overall! I think the back is just from hunching though.

Brain shizz: So far so good today, but afternoons and evenings are the true test. I am WORRIED today. Very worried. I am really worried about Boyfriend's school and financial situations. He is also pretty worried and getting depressed about being broken, in pain, and feeling sick. We talked a bit about him maybe taking next semester off to work and recover and had some fun looking at Craigslist job ads. I just hope he feels motivated enough to work on his resume before the end of the semester, or has the wits to withdraw from his courses before it's too late and it messes up his GI Bill benefits.

Weekend goals: Hey, it's another weekend! Despite the difficulties I had this week with sugar detox & not eating enough (both leading to terrible mood swings), it seemed to go pretty fast! Tomorrow I am taking my brother to see The Phantom Menace in 3D, as he loves 3D movies and Star Wars (he is truly one of my family haha). I plan on doing a slightly longer exercise session including something cardio related (probably jumping jacks) at least once. Ummmm and throw out that pair of shoes I gave another trial run to this week after having them for at least 8 years and they still don't fit well. Some meager goals, but if I manage to do more, I'll feel that much better for it.

Monday morning I see the doctor who ran my tests. Here's hoping I can try a round of an anti-fungal. I can't imagine it will do much harm since it works differently than an antibiotic, so I'm willing to give it a try. If he wants to re-run the labs to check ferritin levels, I really hope the bill ends up being smaller, though fortunately that's exactly what my Flexible Spending Account is for. I hope I won't need it next year. I also hope that they can do allergy testing (for environmental, not food, allergies) at that office. I know they used to, but I feel like that might've changed. I'll probably wait to do the testing until after February though, or it might have to wait until Spring, to see if the anti-fungal has any affect on my congestion. I am highly doubtful.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    My bff is a singer and she used to live in fear of sinusitis. Then she got her allergies tested and she came up allergic to pork, oranges, grapes, beer and a bunch of other stuff. She completely stopped eating them and now the problem has cleared up. If she does indulge in something she's allergic to, she's stuffed up for a day or two and then it clears up by itself without the massive antibiotic doses she used to have to take. Her chiropractor also had her on some anti-candida thing, but I don't know what that was.

If you hate coconut oil you could take some other healthy oil like flax. People seem to hate the taste of flax oil, I used to take Barleans which I thought was the only tasty brand. Or hemp, that doesn't taste like anything.
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Monday morning I see the doctor who ran my tests. Here's hoping I can try a round of an anti-fungal. I can't imagine it will do much harm since it works differently than an antibiotic, so I'm willing to give it a try. If he wants to re-run the labs to check ferritin levels, I really hope the bill ends up being smaller, though fortunately that's exactly what my Flexible Spending Account is for. I hope I won't need it next year. I also hope that they can do allergy testing (for environmental, not food, allergies) at that office. I know they used to, but I feel like that might've changed. I'll probably wait to do the testing until after February though, or it might have to wait until Spring, to see if the anti-fungal has any affect on my congestion. I am highly doubtful.
    True anti-fungal medicines are brutal :/

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    I feel kind of sore from the squats I did yesterday, but it feels more like a soreness due to lack of stretching than from the work.
    Haven't really stretched in a while, doesn't seem to affect my soreness.

I sucked it up and had a couple spoonfuls of coconut oil last night (ew) and at least two spoonfuls of coconut shavings (unsweetened, less ew).
    Yep, it sucks, though I'm sure you'll make it through.

Keep your head up.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Really? Ugh. I tried to look up side effects of Nystatin (it's what the nutritionist mentioned the doc might put me on) and didn't find anything other than stomach upset really, and I figured I'd probably be okay considering how well I eat now. Lately overall I feel itchy everywhere (including lady parts), but it's a dry-skin kind of itchy (and I actually have unusually dry skin right now) as opposed to the kind I associate with a yeast infection (the dry-skin itch is also occurring on the lady parts, but no other YI symptoms there now). I'm not finding overall dry skin and itchiness related to candida though. Upon review of some more candida research sites, I might try oil of oregano instead of the anti-fungal.

Ottercat, I'll probably look into getting some kind of quality fish oil since I could use the Omega3s anyway. We eat frozen wild caught fish once a week now, but with all the conventional meat, that's probably not enough to balance.

Gods I hope I'm not allergic to pork or any meats. My congestion has changed ABSOLUTELY NOT AT ALL over the past few months (since I started paying attention to the fact that I was still having it in Winter), except that it was slightly worse with milk. Some days I have thick post nasal drip, other days it's just all up in my schnozz, being fairly dry but very not clear in the ways of breathing nasally.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    Haven't really stretched in a while, doesn't seem to affect my soreness.

Yep, it sucks, though I'm sure you'll make it through.

Keep your head up.
    The soreness in my legs was just inner thighs and felt kind of tight this morning, so I assumed it was from not stretching. It feels better now though so maybe it was just a morning things for today or related to not getting enough of something (from not eating enough).

Either way I intend to do something in the form of exercise this weekend! I want a cute(r) butt! haha