Page 765 of 906 FirstFirst ... 265665715755763764765766767775815865 ... LastLast
Results 7,641 to 7,650 of 9056

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 765

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Grills and pets: two of the biggest temptations for getting married just to live in a real house!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    gas is good. Grilling with charcoal too often has health risks.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Grills and pets: two of the biggest temptations for getting married just to live in a real house!
    Pshaw, you don't need to be married to have those things! I could mooch off my parents for both pets and a grill
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

Sorry for the crummy phone picture. The new car is sooo fun to drive . I'm kind of terrified of it though and it honestly feels like a rental car. It's going to take me a bit to get used to it. I already ground the gears once (this morning) ><. The sound system is nothing special, but mp3 CD's sound GREAT on it, especially compared to the tinny-sounding FM radio. It has an auxiliary port so we can plug in any device with a headphone jack to play music as well.

I took Theanine Serene last night around 7 PM but forgot and also took Benadryl later. Understandably tired today! Time for coffee. Tonight, I'll just take the Theanine Serene! At least the mattress is less stinky (new mattresses from IKEA smell awful) and I didn't wake up with a headache, even if I was groggy as a mu'fu'er.

My upper back is so tight and sore lately. We are definitely going to get the pull-up bar installed somewhere. If we can get it in and out of the brackets easily, we could probably use the kitchen doorway and just take the bar out when it's not being used. I need to work on my sitting posture.

I drove today. I think I am almost ready to start doing Couch to 5k, but I have to get up at 6 AM and have everything else ready to go the night before in order to do that. It takes me so much longer to get ready at my parents' house because I keep having to go all the way back up to the attic to get/take things I forgot. Eventually, I'll get it down to just one trip downstairs .
    Journal

Depression Lies

Sorry not sorry, kind of obsessing about my hair growth right now

August 2011 (in Santa Barbara for job training, what a fun week despite having incredibly sore abs from a workout video and being lonely without Hulky)

January 2012, right before getting it chopped into a pixie. Yes, it was green-ish from having dyed it blue in October. I was also experimenting with no-poo methods so it was constantly grimy. Not going to let that happen again, I have a piercing to take care of! If I had styled this length a little differently and kept it clean, it would have been great! The grass is always greener... I am trying to learn to love things about myself in the present so I don't have regrets. Seeing these pictures is encouraging though. My hair is probably long enough for two french braids now, but will be more braidable by December. I think I might go for some angled bangs (shorter than in the first pic) again, but not until I grow my hair out more. I want to have more length to play with overall before I do any drastic changes.

(click pictures to embiggen)
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 08-28-2014 at 07:37 AM.
    Journal

Depression Lies

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    The new car is sooo fun to drive .
    Awesome! Great looking car. Enjoy the hell out of it (In a responsible and safe manner of course)

Garrrrrr why does our landlord/landlady keep putting us in awkward positions? It's recommended in the MA rental laws that they give 24 hrs notice before stopping by. Just recommended, unfortunately not mandatory. They gave us just a couple of hours notice several times before showing the apartment to prospective tenants. They would then leave messages asking us to do whatever we could to make the place look more "homey" (as we were moving things out and packing stuff up). They were even going to bring people by during our moving party, but thankfully got a hold of Hulky so he told them we had people over. They wisely cancelled their showings for the day. Hulky was prepared to drunkenly badger anyone who came by to see the place, which is hilarious but mortifying to think about. Then, they flip-flopped about some of the furniture we said we'd be willing to leave behind. Finally, they said to leave the couch (which saves us from moving it except to clean underneath, hooray). NOW they are asking if the new tenants can move some things in on the 30th.

1. I would like to accommodate them because moving sucks and it helps to have more time to move than just one day. I am definitely going to prune our belongings before we move again.
    2. We are not going to inconvenience ourselves for strangers. Hulky wanted me to ask for $50 each to store the things there, but I was not willing to say that (the landlady has mostly started contacting me because I will respond). I am not going to be around on Saturday and Hulky was going to spend the day cleaning/moving things. Now, it's likely he'll clean things, but won't move the computers out until the 31st, to make absolutely sure nobody moves in early without our consent. Also, we don't want anyone else to have access to the place while our most expensive possessions are still there.
    3. The landlord/lady has been really flaky and awful about repairs in the apartment and we don't want to do them any favors. Best to have some space from them before we interact in a friendly, non-apartment-related manner again. They are required by law to return our security deposit within 30 days. Here's hoping they comply.

Of course, the landlady sent this email about the new tenants moving things early to me AND the new tenants. So I sent my email response to her and Hulky only, "We would not be comfortable having anyone move things in before we are completely moved out." I think that's pretty sleazy to give my email to these people.

Never rent from a family friend.
    Journal

Depression Lies

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    AND there's a chance Hulky and I will be flying out to Iowa (driving from Minneapolis with his family probably) for his oldest sister's wedding (a half-sister, Chip's sister) in October. We are pricing out flight costs now. If we can all pitch in for the rental car & hotel room (depending on who is going), it should all be pretty affordable. We are fortunate to be in a position to do this right now, thanks to living at my parents' house. I'm only hesitant because it's still a fair chunk of change that we could be tossing into savings or a loan.
    Where in Iowa?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Where in Iowa?
    I have no idea. Maybe somewhere near Silver Lake? I don't know anything about locations in Iowa except that the capital city is Des Moines
    Journal

Depression Lies

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    Storm Lake?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)