Page 763 of 808 FirstFirst ... 263663713753761762763764765773 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,630 of 8077

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 763

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member

June to July hair growth

August (I slept on wet hair again, hence the little flip on the left)
    I think it's easier to see the growth with three pictures now. I couldn't really see it in the photos from the first month.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

June to July hair growth

August (I slept on wet hair again, hence the little flip on the left)
    I think it's easier to see the growth with three pictures now. I couldn't really see it in the photos from the first month.

If I don't get it cut, do we think I could have it to my shoulders by the end of the year?
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 08-25-2014 at 07:27 AM.

AND there's a chance Hulky and I will be flying out to Iowa (driving from Minneapolis with his family probably) for his oldest sister's wedding (a half-sister, Chip's sister) in October. We are pricing out flight costs now. If we can all pitch in for the rental car & hotel room (depending on who is going), it should all be pretty affordable. We are fortunate to be in a position to do this right now, thanks to living at my parents' house. I'm only hesitant because it's still a fair chunk of change that we could be tossing into savings or a loan.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I think you're making good progress with the hair growth. I'm not sure about the shoulder length by years end though. Most people have a growth rate of about 1/4" a month, some a bit more. But the DE should speed that up. All you can do it let it grown and see what happens.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I think you're making good progress with the hair growth. I'm not sure about the shoulder length by years end though. Most people have a growth rate of about 1/4" a month, some a bit more. But the DE should speed that up. All you can do it let it grown and see what happens.
    I'm not using the diatomaceous earth anymore, but I take collagen hydrosylate daily (about 1/4 cup). It's definitely sped up growth. I thought it was supposed to be about 1/2" every month? I think it might be brushing my traps by December (I don't have a long neck heh).

To clarify, I think the longest part at the back will be that long by December. It's hard to see that part in the photos, much more apparent in person.

oh, I knew that......... sorry. You're right - I googled it. 1/2" it is. No wonder I've been having to get my hair cut so often since going short! I do believe mine is in the grow out stage. I just can't stand having to get it cut every 4-6 weeks!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    oh, I knew that......... sorry. You're right - I googled it. 1/2" it is. No wonder I've been having to get my hair cut so often since going short! I do believe mine is in the grow out stage. I just can't stand having to get it cut every 4-6 weeks!
    I'm at two months since my last trim, I think? Before that, I was aiming for every 6-8 weeks. I am pretty sure I last had it trimmed before the wedding we attended June 1st. The ends feel good, so I'm holding off on a trim, even if it looks a little shaggy to me. The back could probably use a re-shaping, but I want to hold onto the length that I have!

In other news, the new car won't be ready today! The body shop was understaffed this weekend. Aarrgghhhh so impatient

Sorry about the car............. so hard waiting when you're so excited about it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I had a terrible nightmare last night. I'd say 90% of the time, my dreams are just craziness that my brain concocts. 10% of the time, I can easily identify parts that are issues in my every day life that my brain is trying to sort out. This time, there are pieces pulled from reality, but I don't care to analyze it.

I dreamt that my dad was dead. He had died during the night on the guest bed. My sister found him and we quickly made sure my brother stayed in another area of the house. At that point in the dream, my mom had died some time prior. I remember a sense of panic, wondering how we were going to care for my special needs brother. My sister refused to let me call the police and get an ambulance to take my dad's body away. I remember saying, "We can't just leave him up there!" but thinking "it's just a body, it's not him anymore." My mom came back from somewhere (as though she had not been already dead earlier in the dream) and I remember crying to her that my sister wouldn't let me have the body taken away. She seemed exasperated, like she just didn't want to deal with it, and wouldn't help me. I went to look at the body. It looked like he'd been resting or relaxing. My sister said it looked like he had choked on an olive pit (I saw one next to him). The dream ended with me in bed with Hulky, up in the attic, suddenly bursting into tears as it all caught up. He consoled me and then I woke up in the same position, which was very disorienting.

I told my dad that I had dreamed he had died. First he said, "Well now is a good time to tell you: I'm immortal." I told him he had choked on an olive pit in the dream and suggested that maybe has Harry Houdini's control over his throat muscles, so he can swallow or disgorge things at will. My dad said, "Just don't punch me in the solar plexus." I felt better after that, but it was still so upsetting.

I know part of the dream is based on reality: Hulky's grandpa died on the couch at his parents' house. Hulky and I were asleep in his room upstairs and his sister made him come down to see if their grandpa was dead. They had the police/ambulance come to take the body away, declared dead at the scene. I think he had a heart attack, I can't remember. This was 3 years ago. I got to go out to CA with his family for the funeral. I think the potential trip to Iowa for the oldest sister's wedding w/ Hulky's family in October made me think of the trip to CA and why it had happened.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I think I might get myself a flower tattoo at the Boston Tattoo Convention this weekend.