Page 758 of 859 FirstFirst ... 258658708748756757758759760768808858 ... LastLast
Results 7,571 to 7,580 of 8585

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 758

Shop Now
    Every wonder what a cat or dog thinks when they see someone scooping their poop up and saving it?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Every wonder what a cat or dog thinks when they see someone scooping their poop up and saving it?
    Dogs might say, "My snack!" Cats might say, "Yes, my loyal subject, scoop all the poop."
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I'm so behind...

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    It was a light yellow or yellow-white originally. I don't really like yellow, but I do think it would suit the space. I probably won't paint, that would require more effort than I think I am ready for right now. If we had more time, I'd go for it (especially because my mom would pay me back for paint). My dad doesn't like the blue. My sister painted it blue when she was living up there for maybe 2-3 years.
    Maybe a pale blue? It'll reflect light but also offer a calming, soothing hue to the room. All of the rooms in our house (with the exception of Makenna's bedroom) include a blue tint (the color is called Ice Cube or something) and offers just enough blue to eliminate the starkness of white. I have navy blue curtains in our bedroom and bathroom, and burgundy in the main living spaces, and it works with both colors. I'd maybe add a bit more blue, and plan to in our bedroom - aiming for a soft, relaxing blue - kind of like this color.

I had coffee today so MOAR THOUGHTS

What are the star looking items and the two curved line looking things in these pics? EDIT TO ADD: Now that I've looked again, the curved things look like cats? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    I honestly think he's always late to the group events because you guys never directly called him out on it (telling him he is late is not exactly the same as telling him he is late and therefore his actions are unacceptable). The gf probably would dump him if he was that late, so he was on time for her.

People only will try as hard as you make them... If he can get away with being late, he will be late. Start ordering food promptly and finish the food without waiting for him. Inform him "you were late and we started without you" in a straightforward fashion. He will learn quickly that he either needs to be on time or be left out of the agenda.

A stressful life isn't an excuse to act like a baby at a social event. By agreeing to attend a social event, one should have agreed to leave the drama at the door. We all have stressful lives.
    ^^THIS!! If there's no reason for him to show up on time, he's not going to. Start eating/partying/whatever without him and he'll start showing up on time. He knows that as time has gone on, there have been no consequences for being late, so he sees no reason to make arriving on time a priority. You guys still like him just the same, you make a fuss when he comes in (life of the party syndrome, maybe - especially since nothing starts without him - like "hey, they don't start without me, therefore I bring the party"), and there are no negative consequences for being late. Institute consequences and he'll start showing up on time.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Speaking from the other side of the coin here. My life runs late. If it's just me and things go according to plan, I'm right on time or a little early. More often than not, I'm 5-15 min late. Throw in more people and that 5-15 is a given. I've tried trying to leave earlier, prepping to leave on time, yadayadayada. Something always happens to eat my buffer time (usually other people.)
    That said, I could never understand (or forgive) being hours late to a party. Even half an hour makes me feel like something the dog drug in.
    I am constantly late. As hard as I might try, I cannot get out the door on time to save my life! There are times, like Naiad, when I can if I'm alone, but when I have kids in tow, you can forget about me being on time. I've gotten up earlier in the mornings only to still find that time eaten away and ending up late for work anyway. Or I'll be on track and traffic will slow me down. I am consistently 10-15 minutes late for work every day. Luckily, my office is cool with it (I stay late to make up the time). It was easier to be on time when my kids were confined to baby carriers! lol We're even late for family events - like Brad's birthday dinner at his mom's. She lives across the yard... and we were still 5 minutes late. I'd never show up 2 hours late though - I'd skip all together if I was going to be that late.

Dogs might say, "My snack!" Cats might say, "Yes, my loyal subject, scoop all the poop."
    ^This... definitely.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

The star things are coat racks to represent the small garment rack that will take our hung clothing. They didn't have a garment rack in the software :P Haha yeah the other things are cats.

Yes, pale blue is definitely my vote. I think there's still a chance I'll paint up there, but only if I can get a low/no-odor primer/paint. I may paint the stairwell & risers at the very least, since those are also all blue and it just looks weird to me. I think I'd paint the risers white though, or whatever the ceiling color is.

Ugh in more cat news: the poop on the rug this morning apparently smelled REALLY bad. On any food except raw, Pumpkin has the most foul smelling poop. Fae's is odorless. I suspect a lingering parasite. I hope it's nothing serious.
    Journal

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I vote parasite as well. Since Pumpkin was a feral she could have been loaded with them! The poo analysis should give you answers.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I vote parasite as well. Since Pumpkin was a feral she could have been loaded with them! The poo analysis should give you answers.
    It would be weird though, because she had her stool analyzed at the shelter. Two days after we brought her home, the results finally came back and that's when we found out about the tapeworms. Maybe they weren't treated effectively the first time? I haven't seen any other symptoms that would indicate tapeworms (seeing eggs or worms in the stool, weight loss, exhaustion, cleaning butt a lot or scooting it on the carpet). She's had the bloody stool for I think about 3 months? Not sure when I switched her to raw, but I think it started before that? Maybe she got something from my raw food mix I would feel very bad if that's the case!
    Journal

I believe I remember you saying the bloody stool started shortly after she came to live with you - before you went to raw. The first poo analysis may have missed something. Maybe the shelter wasn't using a comprehensive exam.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    There is a paint made by Dutch Boy I think that includes Arm & Hammer baking soda. I used it in both kids' rooms when they were little b/c who wants a bedroom that smells like stinky diapers? The paint was also Low VOC, so it smelled fresh and new rather than painty. I love it and will continue to use that brand of paint. I'm not sure about primer, but I would suspect they have something similar out there that is Low VOC.

All this talk about paint is making me want to repaint my house. It's been 7 years since I painted the house - and our bedroom NEVER got painted so the walls are straight up drywall and texture - not a drop of paint on them. And we never painted the ceilings in any part of the house except the bathrooms. As the only person in the house who's willing to do the work, no volunteers to help and no money to hire it out, it's too much work for me to handle so I never take it on. Maybe I need to take a 2 week vacation with the sole intention of painting the house. hmmmm....
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I find biting off small pieces is best when it comes to painting. I would suggest you start with the bedroom ceiling. Just do that much. Then, when the mood and money happen again at the same time - tackle the walls. Approach the rest of the house the same way.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I would love to paint the exposed ceiling beams to match the rest of the ceiling color, but I don't think my dad would approve. He probably likes the bare wood look. The flat ceiling and sloped ceiling/walls will remain as is, mostly just concerned about the blue (at both ends of the space and the "knee high" walls, plus stairwell).

Jenn!!!! Paint your room!!!!
    Journal