Page 757 of 931 FirstFirst ... 257657707747755756757758759767807857 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,570 of 9310

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

Shop Now
    I believe I remember you saying the bloody stool started shortly after she came to live with you - before you went to raw. The first poo analysis may have missed something. Maybe the shelter wasn't using a comprehensive exam.

There is a paint made by Dutch Boy I think that includes Arm & Hammer baking soda. I used it in both kids' rooms when they were little b/c who wants a bedroom that smells like stinky diapers? The paint was also Low VOC, so it smelled fresh and new rather than painty. I love it and will continue to use that brand of paint. I'm not sure about primer, but I would suspect they have something similar out there that is Low VOC.

All this talk about paint is making me want to repaint my house. It's been 7 years since I painted the house - and our bedroom NEVER got painted so the walls are straight up drywall and texture - not a drop of paint on them. And we never painted the ceilings in any part of the house except the bathrooms. As the only person in the house who's willing to do the work, no volunteers to help and no money to hire it out, it's too much work for me to handle so I never take it on. Maybe I need to take a 2 week vacation with the sole intention of painting the house. hmmmm....
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I find biting off small pieces is best when it comes to painting. I would suggest you start with the bedroom ceiling. Just do that much. Then, when the mood and money happen again at the same time - tackle the walls. Approach the rest of the house the same way.

I would love to paint the exposed ceiling beams to match the rest of the ceiling color, but I don't think my dad would approve. He probably likes the bare wood look. The flat ceiling and sloped ceiling/walls will remain as is, mostly just concerned about the blue (at both ends of the space and the "knee high" walls, plus stairwell).

Jenn!!!! Paint your room!!!!
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

I think any light colored paint would be great in that space. I'm partial to natural colors so I would go with a soft beige or yellow, a very light seafoam green. I think blue is good and brings a softness and a calming sense to a room. I agree with your dad on the beams - they are beautiful!

Except, I have to move/cover things to paint. I don't want to do that multiple times. I'd rather do one entire room at once. I don't tape so it doesn't take a long time, but it's enough that a weekend won't cut it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

That's too bad. The last time I painted a room was my bedroom at my parents' house (now my brother's room and it will probably stay that rich purple until my parents' win the lottery and redo the second floor) and I took a couple of weekends, just pulling stuff away from walls as I needed to. If I do paint the attic, that's the route I'll go because it's not happening in the next couple of days.

Tomorrow evening, we are going to look at a car. Thursday evening, I have dinner out with some girlfriends. Friday night, we are going to be packing!

Tonight, I need to run the Macbook to the post office before 5:30, the cat's stool sample to the vet's office, and bring the bookcase & some books over to my parents' house. So much driving, blegh.
    Journal

Depression Lies

I've started to fiddle with my hair when I'm nervous or anxious. I think I'm going to get the back trimmed after I hit my 2 month point for the collagen experiment (next week). I'll lose the ability to have a pony tail again for a couple of months, but I think I'll like how it looks a little more as it continues to grow out. The shorter bits in the front (not the bangs) are now down to my jaw so I think I can ask for an A-line cut. In another two months after the haircut, I'll probably be able to pull it all back again.
    Journal

Depression Lies

I go back and forth with my hair............ do I keep it short or let it grow out again. I hate having to maintain a short cut with trips to the salon every 4-6 weeks. But I do love the ease of having it short!

Shop Now
    I got all my tasks done last night, including moving my brother's old dresser out to the curb and new dresser (my sister's old one) down from the attic into his room, with Hulky's help. I brought a box of books & various clothing items over to put in the attic for long-term storage. They are things I think I want to see in 10 years, but don't need. There's a chance I'll throw some of it out before then, but for now, I just want it out of the way. My parents don't care, they only go into the crawl space for the Christmas stuff. Hence why my brother's crib is still in there and the bunk beds my sister and I used 14+ years ago. Well, I used them as bunkbeds when the room became mine alone (great for sleepovers, nice for the occasional swap) too, but I'm not sure when I ultimately separated them and went down to one bed. Then at 16, I got my first full-size bed, which lasted through college.

Tonight is car viewing night! I'm nervous. I'm not sure how down payments are handled. Can we write a check? Should we get our credit card limit raised temporarily? If I do the test drive, I'm afraid I'm going to be stuck driving in rush hour traffic! I'm sure they know how to handle that though. The car we're looking at is a 2011 Honda Civic LX sedan, manual transmission, 33k miles. The price is pretty good, though we could probably wiggle it down a little more, plus hopefully about 3k for trade-in (or cash, if we sell our current car to Carmax) and probably $2k for down-payment. That should make for reasonable monthly payments, though I haven't been thinking about insurance ><

Unfortunately, any auto loan we get approved for will probably give us a terrible interest rate, even though it's supposed to be mostly credit based. My income is fairly low and Hulky has no income at all . All the pre-approval things have come back fairly high at 4.25%, but I keep seeing much better deals than that. I wonder if it would work out better to have it just under my name, maybe add him later when he has income & we can refinance it or something? Anyone have experience with this?
    Journal

Depression Lies