Page 753 of 894 FirstFirst ... 253653703743751752753754755763803853 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,530 of 8934

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 753

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Same concept but not the same product.

I found it didn't get rid of some under arm odor in a particularly large load of laundry. It's probably just best on smaller loads, or not the largest fill setting.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

The lakehouse weekend was great. I didn't drink any alcohol aside from a taste of Hulky's Shipyard Pumpkinhead (my favorite, it's fairly good this year but not super pumpkin-y the way I like it). There were several other people up there not drinking this year so that helped me feel a bit more at ease. It felt good to focus on keeping my body comfortable. I felt like I had a much easier time than I have in the past opening up with our friends and chatting with less inhibition. If I was feeling too worked up from so much talking or company, I could go stand by Hulky, listen, and decompress. For physical activity: lots of swimming in the lake (in the middle, so plenty of treading and floating on my back when I needed a break) plus a kayak session (my arms and core are still sore). I got some compliments on my body from some of the other ladies. I don't know why those compliments hit me in a more meaningful way than when from Hulky. Maybe it's because I already know he's attracted to me and thinks my legs are great.

There's a pontoon boat up there so we went out on that a few times. Hulky jumped off of it while it was moving (slowly) and the driver jokingly sped away, obviously with the intent to turn back, but I panicked. I started yelling to go back and worked myself up to cry. I had to breathe carefully to calm down and avoid sobbing. I was surrounded by good people though, someone reminded me to breathe and someone stroked my back. I don't know why I got so scared. I don't like that my general anxiety has made way for these acute anxiety episodes.

We were on the boat for longer yesterday morning than on Saturday and I started to feel a little sick, so Hulky and I got dropped off back at the dock while everyone went out for longer. We packed our stuff up and headed out after everyone returned. I ate only pre-planned and totally me-friendly food.

The pelvic stretches I have (still need to get that last exercise off the DVD) definitely help with some of my pelvic floor issues. I wonder how long it will take, if I do them at least twice daily, for me to notice longer improvements and not just immediate/momentary.

Later in the week, I have to sneakily make a double layer cake for Hulky, for our moving party on Saturday. I'm going to attempt to cover it with black fondant.
    Journal

Depression Lies

I had the opportunity to speak with a couple of friends from south-central Asia (I think? Nepal and India) this weekend. My grandmother gave me a sari for my birthday last year (haven't gotten the story for it yet, but she said her sister bought it). I wanted to know if it could be considered offensive if I learn how to wrap it properly and wear it for a fancy occasion. They said that most people in cultures where saris are worn LOVE it when people from other cultures wear them (well, they said "white people" specifically haha). I think that's pretty cool and I'm glad I asked. It's a really pretty light blue, almost periwinkle blue, with silver details on the edges. Now I just need to have them show me how to wear it! I think I would have to get a special shirt & skirt to wear under. No idea when I'll ever wear it, but at least I'll know how.

Hulky and I had a nice long chat about observations of our friends and their relationships. It is weird to realize that we have the most stable & secure relationship out of our all friends AND to have nearly everyone else in the group tell us that. I think that we manage pretty well, but there's always something that could use improvement. We're definitely doing better than ever before in terms of communication and working to understand each other. It's more of a passive thing for us than my therapist showed us how to do it, but I think it works well for us. Sometimes I think that Hulky thinks we're doing better than we really are, but I realize that I worry a lot and it's hard to see how things are going overall when I'm focusing on negative things like depression and anxiety. This weekend gave me a chance to lift that veil a little and just enjoy us.
    Journal

Depression Lies

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I think one of the (coolest? Not really the best word, but it's early!) things abut your relationship is your willingness to reach out and ask for help. And to not see that as a negative. I think most people would freak out at the idea of seeing a therapist, while at least through here, it seems pretty mundane for you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    yeah, but "hey i'm Khan the sword king" is not normal.... the universe is being fickle... this is a thing... ignore me for a few weeks.

I think for both of us there was definitely some "oh noes this must mean our relationship is imploding" but when I framed therapy to Hulky as something that I thought would help me improve communicating, he was on board. Then he learned that there were things he could DO to help. Now, he's told some of our friends about it and explains it as "fine-tuning". We both agree that it's a good idea for any couple to investigate even or especially when things are going well. It doesn't hurt to have more tools in the shed, this is the kind that you can't overcrowd. Not saying we don't butt heads still, but our bigger flare-ups are much less frequent and we are both finding it easier to let stuff go. I wouldn't feel bad if we went back someday to check in or get some more resources. I do think we'd go to a different therapist though. I like mine, but I felt like she was really focused on me and didn't take as much time to get to learn how Hulky responds to things. We left a couple of sessions kind of frustrated with how she presented stuff to Hulky, it wasn't in a way that really spoke to him. I suppose that is something I could talk to her about, but I don't know we'll be going back together all that soon anyway.

(I am trying not to sound too much like a know-it-all or that I'm bragging. I know I am young and we have a long ways to go. I am far from having it all together and my relationship with Hulky isn't perfect, I'm just really happy about where we are right now.)

RIP Robin Williams. The Genie was my favorite Disney character growing up. I always wanted to meet the man, just to say I had. I hope he's found peace.

Gut: Nothing new or exciting. I've been eating a lot of bananas lately and that's throwing off my supplements. Seems like I'll go a day without a BM, but then it's too soft the next day. Before primal, going every other day was pretty common for me, so if it settles to that, I'm fine with it, but I think I'd prefer to go daily (seems healthier). I'm still just trying to find a balance, but I have a lot of good tools right now.

Female issue: At the end of the week, I'm supposed to taper my hydrocortisone suppository use to 3x weekly or about every other day. I don't think I'm ready for that, I still feel like the skin hasn't healed. I guess I"ll follow the doctor's orders and we'll go from there.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Robin Williams' death is making me a lot sadder than I would have expected. I guess it's because I relate to his struggle with depression and Petey's suicide is not even two months ago yet. Lots of feelings today.
    Journal

Depression Lies

tomi is offline Senior Member
    As a woman on the other end of life.......... I think you and Hulky are extremely wise in seeking therapy now. And your attitude about it is perfect. I think you will have a long and happy life together.

Robin Williams was a brilliant and talented man. It is so sad that he was so tortured emotionally that he felt his only escape was death. He brought much joy and laughter into the world and will be missed.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

https://www.flickr.com/photos/punkki...57641062239305

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to paint the attic...but if you did, what color would you go for?
    Journal

Depression Lies

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Its a small space so I'd do something light and soft. Seafoam green or a nice butter yellow.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    Sunny yellow or a kelly/ emerald green.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal