Page 753 of 776 FirstFirst ... 253653703743751752753754755763 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,530 of 7751

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 753

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    ^^What she said. There are days I wish Brad and I had waited longer that 6 months post-marriage to get pregnant. I love my kids to death, but they completely changed the dynamic of our marriage before it had a chance to really blossom. Take your time.

(that said, Brad and I married late - I was 25 when we met, 27 when we married. I wanted kids before I turned 30 - ended up having Makenna the April after my 30th birthday. All the above would have been easier to do if we had met and married at a younger age like you and Hullky did).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    The other thing I realized that I forgot to write is that I think I could learn to be happy without kids too. At this point, I'm comfortable waiting and seeing where our life together goes. If it's just not practical later down the line, then we'll have money to go towards other things and to indulge in nieces, nephews, and friend('s kids). I am sure I would mourn later on if we didn't feel like we could make it work, but it's a decision I feel like I could live with too. Before, when I imagined waiting till 35 to have kids, I just felt sad. With the perspective of taking my time to curate a career and be able to afford to stay at home for a while, I am at peace with the idea.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    most young couples don't wait long enough. I think its great that you know that a life without kids is okay too.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I've been making a big effort to whine less. It's honestly hard. I don't really know what constitutes whining. Is any kind of expression of frustration whining? All in all, it has me thinking more about speaking more positively and less negatively. I think this will be a practice for maintaining a positive state of mind.

I managed 3 chin-up negatives yesterday. It puts a lot of strain on my elbows. Today, I'll just work on assisted chin-ups. I need some more strength before I can work on negatives exclusively.

Tonight, we do some laundry and get our provisions for the lakehouse. I'll have to pack a buttload of supplements for my gut, but it'll be worth it to be comfortable. I want to make sure I have enough food for myself so I don't have to rely on anyone else providing something for me. That should eliminate the temptation to snack on things that I shouldn't. That reminds me, I should buy some bananas tonight (hope I can find some that are close to ripe).

My mom bought these cool laundry balls for everyone in the family. You don't use any detergent. If you want scented laundry, you can use dryer sheets instead. You can still pre-treat stains since that's a small amount. There's small ceramic beads inside this plastic ball and somehow that helps clean your clothes? I've only done one load so far so I can't say how well it works, but my mom loves it.. You just have to air them out in sunlight about once a month, but can do something like 8 loads a week (probably would just need to air them out more regularly in order to do more laundry than that). I think for people with lots of grime on their clothes, or oil, they wouldn't be a smart option.

I watched 4/5 of the stretches/exercises in the Aligned for Wellness DVD I bought (for pelvic floor strengthening). The stretches are very good and very much needed for me. I guess I will make sure to do a set of the stretches after work every day, but I should be doing them 3x daily.

After a 1 week break from the collagen hydrosylate (I ran out), I'm back at it with 4 TB a day! I hope to have my hair entirely able to go into a ponytail by the end of the month, with the only loose strands towards my face instead of around my ears and neck. I think that might be doable within a couple of weeks.

The laundry balls - were they sold to her by a Norwex rep? I've been looking at their products. They have a dishwasher cleaner deal I'm interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    The laundry balls - were they sold to her by a Norwex rep? I've been looking at their products. They have a dishwasher cleaner deal I'm interested in.
    I can't remember the brand. I'll post it tonight. I looked online before mentioning them and could not figure out which they were. I don't think it was through a rep.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I can't remember the brand. I'll post it tonight. I looked online before mentioning them and could not figure out which they were. I don't think it was through a rep.
    It's a Lavlmatic Washing Ball? I can't find a site for it, don't know how she bought them.

Interesting. Thanks.