Page 745 of 931 FirstFirst ... 245645695735743744745746747755795845 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,450 of 9310

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

Shop Now
    I went to the dread thread. I note at least one person saying that's not cultural appropriation is using the 'I'm Australian' defence. They still openly, obliviously sell 'golly' dolls in shops here. The racism is shockingly overt and the attitudes are jaw dropping. And yet, still, frequently they say 'that's how it is here because we're not a racist country/have no history of slavery...'

Er... History of Indigenous Australians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia yeah, right.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Okay my hair detox thing didn't really help at all. Honey just doesn't jive with my hair. Still has a weird residue feeling. I am just going to wash & condition normally tonight to prepare for my one-month photo update. I'll resume no-poo attempts at a later date.

More thoughts in a bit.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

I woke up very moody today. I'm sensitive to music right now, which means my emotions are very fragile. I'm basically expecting my period any second now. I just want it to show up so my mood can start to get better.

Hulky and I went out on a bike/rollerblade trip again after work yesterday. As long as it doesn't rain, I think we'll do that again tonight. I didn't bike to work today because of the threat of thunderstorms. Probably tomorrow will be the same forecast.

I'm tired today, but I think I slept better than I have been lately. No idea what was different. I played too much Lego Harry Potter (years 1-4) before bed though, I had Lego people running around in my head. I had some amusing moments before sleep hit where I could tell my brain was getting into sleep mode. I like being able to realize it's happening. It's a delicate balance though: too much focus and I wake back up.

I'm back to negative chin-ups! I only did two this morning, but I plan on doing a full set/workout tonight after work. It feels more difficult right now than it did when I first reached negatives, I don't know why.

The MacBook Air is on eBay. Oh wow, it's already over $100! I started it at $50. Even if it doesn't go up much more, it's already worth it!
    Journal

Depression Lies

How-To Hair Girl | Troubleshooting: ShamPHree (No-poo) for different hair types

This site is really dedicated to the baking soda & ACV method of no-poo (but I really like her name of ShampHree). I've read other sites that are REALLY against it, saying it's damaging. I've noticed some short hairs that indicate some hair loss or breakage, but I don't know how recent that is. The hairs are a couple of inches long, so they could have fallen out 4 months ago, or broken off at any point.

I guess my hair is typically fine, oily, and limp. I don't think a sea salt texture spray would help me much since my hair is straight as pins (though ocean hair with short hair is a blast). I need to get some bottles to make the application process easier, so I can try applying the baking soda before showering. How my roots respond is really the core of the issue for my hair. I know there's a transition period, but I've already been going silicone-free for so long, I can't imagine my head needs much more adjusting. Maybe it's time to just buy a bottle of distilled water instead of using my own boiled water. I don't want to give up on this (why? I don't know, it just seems like a good thing to do for my hair).

Reassessment after clay hair mask last night: A few hours after waking, the length of my hair feels okay if a bit oily, but my roots feel grimy (hair mask included honey, had the same feeling with just honey). When I tried brushing it this morning, the whole length of my hair felt really stiff and dirty.

One of these days, I should do an overnight coconut oil treatment. That sounds like a weekend experiment.

I'm missing my shorter hair today. It's so much easier to deal with. I really want to grow it out so I can learn to braid my own hair. I know how to braid, but it's hard doing it on yourself. Forget french braiding.

Am I obsessing? Hm. I guess I am. I think this is a way for me to distract myself about the serious things going on in my life. Today, I am pointedly ignoring the fact that we have to move next month. It's stressing me out too much. But I brought home some boxes from work and I do want to start packing some things up soon.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Distraction isn't a bad thing. It gives our conscious mind a rest from things that get too heavy and daunting.

French braiding your own hair isn't really all that bad. That's how I learned how to french braid, actually. Works best with wet hair, obviously, but it's hard have a perfectly smooth finish with wet hair compared to dry - when doing it on yourself.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I learned that way also. Then learned how to do it on my step daughters. Now my hair is way to short to braid.

My hair is too short for french braiding like you're thinking, Jenn. I can't just grab long sections and go to town on it. I want to be able to braid like the front/fringe area so that it's off my face and then pin it behind my ear. Also to keep my hair off my healing piercing. Yesterday, I just started at the part and twisted it in small sections, working my way down/back and then pinned it. A braid would look better. I guess I just need to practice.

Hulky probably sprained his ankle again. The same ankle that was sprained in January. He never did much PT exercises to get the strength back up, so it's not surprising that this happened when he was starting to use his rollerblades. Since he can't drive himself anyway, I took the car today (supposed to rain) and we'll go to the walk-in clinic tonight. I am honestly trying not to fall apart about this. It's just one more bit of stress that we really didn't need. He's going to have to walk to the train station and to class on that ankle tomorrow.

Here's my hair length as of June 24, 2014.

Here's my hair length today, July 24, 2014. Wow, how frigging tired do I look? I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in several weeks.

I can't tell how much my hair grew. My nails are definitely stronger and they aren't peeling anymore. Is the collagen worth it for hair growth (for me)? I don't know. I guess I'll continue for now. Why not, after all? I can get my hair into a small ponytail now, but there are a lot of wisps. Pigtails work better.

Sorry the photos are huge, too lazy to resize.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Gut: My secret experiment has been not so effective lately. It may be from dehydration, so entirely my fault. I have some plans in mind for how to fix this.

Hair: Do I sacrifice my baby pony-tail ability in order to even out the length? I don't know. About 25% of me wants to cut it off and give up the grow-out effort (current inspiration). Maybe this project would be better suited for pregnancy in a few years. I've heard people have hair-growth like crazy during that time. 9 months from a pixie-cut would put me at about the length I have now, maybe longer.

Silver-lining: My menstrual sponge order arrives today. Thrilling, I know (and I know you wanted to know). I am really hoping it makes nighttime during my period much less stressful. I wish I could think of another silver-lining for today because I really need it. Waiting at the walk-in clinic tonight is going to suck. I wish we could just go now. I might leave work a little early, but that won't help much because we would probably get stuck in traffic just trying to get there.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Shop Now
    Sorry........ seems like its always something! Life is series of this and that......... we just hope its more good this and bad that I guess. Hope he's feeling better soon.

Be patient with the hair......... it will grow, but it takes time.