Page 739 of 798 FirstFirst ... 239639689729737738739740741749789 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,390 of 7978

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 739

Nellodee is offline Senior Member
    Raw chicken liver?

Sometimes y'all take the primal thing a little too far... blech

That's probably why you're anxious today; you've a stomach full of raw organ meat! :P
    token vegetarian

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Like I said, you couldn't taste it! I put raw eggs in my smoothies usually. They made the texture very creamy with a light foam. I don't see any difference in that really (raw meat vs. raw eggs). Since I don't eat organ meat (and one should, it's very good for you), I figured hiding it in a smoothie is as good a way as any to eat it!

I have been anxious all week, especially in the afternoons. I think my habit of under-eating is affecting me in that way. I have definitely been under-eating this week.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    In terms of undereating, I wonder if that's a manifestation of gut problems for you. You're not hungry because you don't have the gut microbes or something to handle some major part of the proper diet, or some theory like that.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    In terms of undereating, I wonder if that's a manifestation of gut problems for you. You're not hungry because you don't have the gut microbes or something to handle some major part of the proper diet, or some theory like that.
    My appetite is unaffected. I am hungry most of the day, just not eating because I've been a petulant child aka. too frustrated to prepare/find foods to eat that don't hurt my digestion. It's all a mental thing, I just have to stop being lazy about it =\

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I think there's such a thing as a crockpot clafouti or quiche. Maybe make that on the weekends and preportion it out for breakfast, as well as a crockpot meal to portion out for lunch (plus a few extra servings for nights like last night.) If you don't have the patience for the crock pot, a pressure cooker can be put to a similar use (not sure on the eggs.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pre-cooking a quiche-like thing is a good idea, though I would have to keep in mind the need to eat something in addition. Eggs alone, even when loaded up with veggies or bacon/sausage, are not filling for me. I need to start brain-storming some easy grab-and-go kind of breakfast things, even if it's just components of a breakfast (similar to how a SAD eating person would grab a granola bar to eat with their bagel or smoothie or whatever). I also need to stop putting off making bone broth. It never lasts as long as I want it to and the good bones are expensive, but it's well worth it for my health.

I freaking love deviled eggs and I think it's time I try to actually make some on my own. A batch could last for a week (if I boil enough eggs) and would be a great at-work snack. I could even make my own mustard from my grandmother's recipe (need to get that from her).

I think I really need to start snacking. If I wasn't bicycling so much, I could probably be okay eating less, but I need some extra fuel. That's just how I feel about it anyway.

I'm trying not to make excuses, I swear! Okay, I really just need to read some recipe books and brainstorm. Nuts are not tolerable for my digestion, so they're not an option. I'm just super limited right now because I haven't been sticking with my elimination/testing BUT as soon as I DO stick with it, I'll find more foods that I can safely eat. Jumping to starches might not be a good idea, but once I get back down to squash, eggs, meat, and green beans for a bit (to see if normal digestion is restored like it was a few weeks ago), I want to try red potatoes. They are cheap and filling.

I am doing something right now that I really dislike seeing other people do: setting a quit/start date. I generally feel that if you're going to start something, start right away, but now that I'm in this position, I don't want to. I will start my renewed elimination efforts on Monday, after we eat our entire anniversary cake .

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Yes have the cake first and then start the elimination! Seriously in order to be successful with an elimination diet it's best to be prepared and not have any special occasions during that time or at least not at the beginning.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Wooow happy anniversary! Enjoy your cake! Hope you and Hulky have a great day!

The only reason I get through a day is because I have most of my food already ready to eat. It takes a bit of throwing together to make it impressive, but that's optional. It does require a bit of work (2-3 hours max?) on the weekend, but it's either that or I don't eat because I work 15 hours a day. That's pretty pod motivation for me.

I had a stressed-out meltdown when I got home from work yesterday. I gave Hulky his t-shirt early because I knew it would make me feel better . He likes it and asked if I had a matching one haha (not yet, but now I've have to make one!).

We went out with friends and didn't spend too much money. We didn't buy any food, Hulky bought only one drink and split a pool table with his brother (we thought more people would play). I was pretty worn out and quiet for a while, but once we moved to t he couches, I found it easier to engage with everyone else. I think Hulky is less comfortable with not drinking when we're out with our friends than I am.

I'm two weeks out from my most-drunk-night and still really feeling like I never want to drink again. Thinking about alcohol makes me feel queasy. I guess it's not something I have to proclaim, but I might take on the challenge of not having any alcohol for the rest of the year. If I can stop weighing myself, why not stop drinking? It's not like either was an unhealthy habit for me.

-edit- Oh and good job, me. I got my piercing infected. I must have jostled it or accidentally touched it too much one day, or maybe my hair got too dirty. Warm salt water compresses will hopefully make it feel better by the end of the day.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 07-12-2014 at 08:03 AM.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I took a week off from drinking, (I only had a drink about 4 times a week) and last night I had 1 and half glasses of wine and woke up today with the nastiest headache. Maybe I can't drink any more.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.