Page 739 of 806 FirstFirst ... 239639689729737738739740741749789 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,390 of 8053

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 739

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    I took a week off from drinking, (I only had a drink about 4 times a week) and last night I had 1 and half glasses of wine and woke up today with the nastiest headache. Maybe I can't drink any more.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I get awful headaches from anything that isn't based hard liquor and everything screws with my gut (least is the bloating, which is fairly bad

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Nellodee is online now Senior Member
    Alcohol most always seems like a bad idea. Yeah it can be fun, and sometimes people like to talk about the health benefits but I've always felt those were played up by people that desperately want their bad habit to be healthy. Really you get empty calories, tummy no-noes and a crappy high from poisoning yourself... all resulting in a painful headache and flu-like hangover.

Honestly idk why we had to pick alcohol as the socially acceptable drug. Why not GHB? Very similar to alcohol, calorie-free and doesn't cause those stomach problems.

but then maybe im crazy
    Nell's music link of the week (or whenever she gets around to changing it):

Scout Niblett - Big Bad Man

I'm gonna cook you some real food...
    --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ4VaKByCpk

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    X]

GHB has the connection of being the date rape drug soooo I kind of doubt that's going to take off as a safe alternative. But hey, I ain't in the party scene, what do I know. I haven't done any drugs and don't intend to.

Today, Hulky and I looked at cars . We test-drove a Prius. It was awesome. Great price, but they wouldn't give us what the Civic is worth as a trade-in. Another family was looking at it, so we suspect the manager was just trying to get rid of us so they could get more money from that family (since they weren't trading in). All in all, a worthwhile trip just to see our options. We had fun. We talked about how we miss going out on dates like we used to. I still want to go for a light hike tomorrow, but it depends on our energy levels in the morning. We took a nap together after our adventure today and are just bumming around now.

Our plan for the Civic is to start putting some money into fixing it up. Hondas can last for ages, so we can probably keep this thing for another 10 years. First up is getting the rear bumper reattached properly (I knocked it loose when I backed into another car last year; the other car was blocking our driveway and I didn't look as I was backing out), then we'll look into fixing up some of the more obvious scratches, getting the outlet to actually work, and new tires.

Nameless Wonders: Silkscreen stenciling, the lazy way

Here's my tutorial on how to do lazy silkscreen stencils!

The last photo in the post shows Hulky in the shirt, also wearing the tungsten ring I bought him. He loves it

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Very cool Nameless!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    The more time goes by without sugar, the more I realize I'm not thathe big of a chocoholic.

The taurine thing... I have a theory that feeding cats corn ruins both their health and personality. POCKET is so addicted to canned food he thinks about it 24-7 and once he's been fed he will be very ungrateful and distant. Only purrs when you feed him... I remember him being a much better cat on chicken livers and carcasses.
    "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

I just added chicken livers (and a little soaked chia seed) to the cat food this weekend. I wonder if I'll notice a change in behavior or energy. Fae is a fat lump all the time anyway. Pumpkin is crazy and spends most of the day running around. Pumpkin still has blood on her poop =\. I really don't want to shell out tons of money to find out what's wrong. Maybe I can bring in the stool sample only for testing? That would be a hell of a lot cheaper than bringing her in for abdominal x-rays or ultrasounds or whatever.

Maybe I should get them some cat grass.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    All in all, my anniversary weekend was quite nice . Saturday, after the car dealership, we talked about doing a double-date with a friend and his fairly-new girlfriend. We drove past a roller rink and Hulky expressed interest in doing that, so we're going to see if that works for the other couple . Hulky used to skate as a kid, very often. I have gotten on roller blades only a handful of times and not in recent years. Hulky also said he'd be interested in rollerblading for exercise/fun. I said if he's sure he'll do it, he should absolutely buy some skates. It's great to see him interested in something active/outside. Saturday night, we got ice cream and went to see the Supermoon, got some bugbites and went home. Sunday, I gave him his tungsten ring, we vegged, baked the anniversary cake (delicious), hung out with a friend at our place, and made chili for dinner. I wore my wedding dress on Sunday .

Food: I had rice last night, as an exception for our anniversary, but no more rice for a while. After the cake is gone, there'll be no more paleo baking for a while. After today's lunch is eaten, I won't be having garlic, onions, beans, or tomatoes until I test those individually. I am working my way down, step by step, to my elimination diet. Tonight, I must bake up some squash!

Sleep: I think I am sleeping better. I did not sleep well most of last week, but I feel much less exhausted today, even though I stayed up late over the weekend and didn't sleep in.

Ear: the infected piercing is healing up, slowly. Warm sea salt compresses twice a day, plus I'm using Bactine spray. Probably not advised, but fuck it. It's my hole to mess up. I'm keeping my hair off that ear with a bobby pin.

Hair: I am shooting to make it 5 days between washings, which means the next one will be on Wednesday. I am going to decrease the amount of baking soda to 2 tsp (2.5 tsp = 1 TB which is what I was using before) to see if that keeps my hair from getting greasy so quickly. I don't think it's the ACV, since I'm only using that on the ends of my hair, but I'll probably reduce that in the same way if this next adjustment doesn't work. It could also just be that I've been too sweaty or something so my hair isn't being as cooperative in general. I bought some hair elastics over the weekend: my hair is long enough for pigtails

Body: rain forecast is throwing off my bicycling yet again. Probably won't be able to ride until Thursday.