Page 738 of 797 FirstFirst ... 238638688728736737738739740748788 ... LastLast
Results 7,371 to 7,380 of 7970

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 738

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Today feels like a better day already. I am anticipating that my mood will plummet later today so I am going to try to waylay that as much as I can.

Sleep: Woke up too early, but feel better anyway.

I did a little sewing while watching Bob's Burgers after work (to unwind) yesterday. Tonight, I'll finish Hulky's t-shirt. It won't take long. Slicing out the template from freezer paper will be the longest part, since I don't have an exacto knife (using a knife from a multi-tool, it's pretty sharp but not very thin). I know what I'm making for dinner, just need to let the ground beef defrost in a bowl of water when I get home.

I biked today. My body feels good. I expect my shins to hurt later, so I will probably ice them tonight. I read somewhere that if you can do a 30-second negative pull-up or chin-up, you should be able to do a normal one, so that's going to be the goal. Doing negatives feels more productive than supported chin-ups. I do need to do a set of support chin-ups before I can do controlled negatives though. I guess it helps me warm up.

Cats: One of them has blood in their stool . I suspect Pumpkin, since she's the one who had the weirder poop and let's not forget the tapeworms/fleas when we got her. Her poop smelled atrocious when we first got her and was very voluminous and soft. I sprinkled a probiotic capsule on her food for a while and that helped with the odor. Switching her to raw fixed the odor completely and the consistency hardened a little (which is good, also got less voluminous but still larger than Fae's), but the blood is a very recent change. Today, I added 1/4 tsp of soaked chia seed to their meal and will do so again tonight (may increase to 1/2 tsp), which should help with any constipation. I'll monitor over the next few days to see how this changes their stool. They tend to share a litterbox so this will take some finagling to figure out. I might get some plain pumpkin puree to mix into their food. That's supposed to be good for both diarrhea and constipation for cats and dogs.

Itch: I need to get back in to see that doctor. I got some more information that will hopefully lead to a better treatment plan.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Refontai is offline Senior Member
    Re: the shin pain, I used to run a lot and would get shin splints pretty badly. What fixed it for me was actually stretching and foam-rolling my calves. Apparently there are muscles or tendons that wrap from your calf to the front of your leg and when your calf muscles are too tight they pull and apply pressure to your shins. Stretching or rubbing my shins didn't help at all. Foam rolling was really the key but if you don't have a roller try just stretching and massaging your calves really well. I suspect you could use a can (like canned food can) too it would just be more pressure. Eventually the muscles build up and it goes away.

Good luck!
    You have to fall in love with the process of becoming great.

I'll see if I can do some kind of make-shift "foam" rolling tonight if the shin pain kicks in. My DOMS is always the afternoon after an exercise, so they aren't hurting yet. I've been doing some light stretching at my desk that's supposed to help calves & shins and that all feels good. I iced my shins briefly after the run attempt last night and then took a cool shower, so that might have helped to mitigate some of the discomfort.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    30 second negative chin up sounds very difficult. I've been stopping at 3 points in the negative and holding for 2-3 seconds, so that makes it about a 9 maybe 10 second negative. It's made a huge difference, I can now do a chin-up from a standing position, not full hanging but I think I'm getting close.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

It's nearing late afternoon and my shins don't really hurt! That's promising. I'll still wait a day or two before I try running again.

Our weekend is likely going to be awesome and busy!

More on that later.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 07-10-2014 at 02:48 PM.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    pics of the shirt???
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Not done yet!

Well fffffff

I screwed up dinner. That's what I get for thinking I know how to cook beans. I guess I'll have eggs and Hulky can forage.

Haha and then I boiled over the oatmeal TWICE

FML why does the stove hate me tonight?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Last night's food fiascoes should have left me feeling pretty bummed, but surprisingly, I was not! I finished Hulky's t-shirt aside from ironing the paint (front and back). It isn't supposed to be washed for 5-7 days to make sure the ink sets completely. The shirt was pre-washed so he can still wear it right away if he wants to, just no getting it wet . It's not perfect, but it came out pretty good. I want to put stuff on more t-shirts, but I only have primary paint colors and black so the designs are somewhat limited.

So excited for our weekend! It should be busy and fun.

I put a raw chicken liver in my smoothie this morning. I *think* it gave me more energy? I feel like I slept pretty well, so I really can't say for sure. The smoothie was not super filling though and I wonder if I should have added an egg as well. I felt pretty nervous drinking it, but the berries covered any liver flavor completely.

My calves & shins are more sore today than they were yesterday. I iced after work, but didn't get around to trying to "roll" them. My bike ride this morning felt pretty good aside from some pain.

I feel a bit anxious and stressed today. Little things are bugging me, like I really wish I could brush my teeth right now. My piercing is bothering me and I want to rinse it with saline solution. My hair feels grungy and I want to wash it.