Page 716 of 782 FirstFirst ... 216616666706714715716717718726766 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,160 of 7817

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 716

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hulky and I ate something off yesterday morning. Maybe it was residue on the pan, or a bad batch of eggs, or the frozen breakfast sausages. Those are the things we both eat. He also had a burger bun & cheese (to make a breakfast sandwich). While at the office doing my overtime (got in 2 hrs, but that was my mental limit, it's a frustrating project), I had to run to the bathroom at one point and had some really bad stomach cramps. The BM ended with diarrhea (sorry, I barely bother with TMI warnings this day). Hulky's hit late in the evening. He was almost stuck in the bathroom at the movie theater, but a friend had some kind of herbal thing that stopped the flow long enough for me to get him home. Then I made him take activated charcoal and drink lots of water before bed. I'm wondering if I should have him take more today.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

The Wisconsin dream is dead. The guy who talked about the job apparently could not really offer it until a few years from now. Hulky and I haven't talked about it much yet because we just found out last night, but we are both down about it. The reality of finding Hulky a local job and finding a cheaper apartment that allows us to both commute easily is setting in. It stings.

Hulky's tummy was still off yesterday, mine was a little weird (not nearly as bad as his), but seems fine this morning. I hope he feels better today.

I had a nice dinner with my parents and brother last night. I borrowed a history book from my dad. I don't know why, seeing him open his new book (third of a trilogy on WWII) just got me interested. History was always a weak point for me in school. I think it was partially my learning style and the way it was being taught, and partially a lack of interest. I wanted to know things, I just couldn't retain the information. Then I got to the point where I stopped trying very hard because it was too frustrating. After I got my Executive Functioning Disorder diagnosis at the end of high school, I found ways to learn better. Knowing there was a reason for my struggle and that I wasn't stupid helped a lot. This book seems very readable. It's from an American perspective, so I won't get a lot of the story of the things my grandfather would have gone through (in the Red Army).

I biked today. It was a slow-ish ride. I felt like I struggled a fair bit, but it still wasn't that bad. I should be able to bike a few times this week, the forecast looks good! I am falling behind on my chin-up workouts though, need to get back to that.

For lunch this week, I have chicken soup w/ carrot, all blended up. I wonder if I should eat it for lunch AND dinner for at least a few days. Probably. Sigh, so boring. I should get some squash this week. I know that doesn't give me any digestive issues.

Cats: After an initial surge of movement when I started giving Fae the Dasuquin supplement, she has slowed down a little again. She's still clambering up into window sills and onto the bed, so at least she's mobile. I am trying not to focus on how much time I might have left with her. It might be years still! She made some hurking noises this morning like she was going to puke, but after we shooed her off the bed, she didn't. No idea what that was about. She didn't really eat dinner last night. She never has hairballs. We snuck up on a sleepy Pumpkin yesterday and trimmed ONE claw. Man, they have gotten THICK.

Gut: A while back, I read about re-training your bowels when dealing with constipation, by sitting on the toilet for 15 minutes every morning, just relaxing. I brought my phone in, propped my feet up on the foot stool, and produced a comfortable BM. I am going to try to do this every morning. It went especially well this morning because I woke up early so it didn't interfere with my breakfast & morning prep time.

Female stuff: The itch is lessened this morning after a 3-4 day flare-up. It was not the worst it's ever been, but fairly bad. Maybe an 8 on the itchy scale, with 10 being I want to rip my parts off. Today is not noticeable yet, but I imagine there will be some itch later in the day, maybe around a 4 (noticeable, but not distracting).

29 Signs You're Doing Just Fine
    I needed this today. Saying goodbye to the premature Wisconsin dream.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I am throwing out the dark chocolate! I feel like a fool continuing to eat something that gives me intestinal cramps and diarrhea. Idiot. It's soy and dairy free so I STILL don't understand why I have that response!
    Same here.

Gut: A while back, I read about re-training your bowels when dealing with constipation, by sitting on the toilet for 15 minutes every morning, just relaxing. I brought my phone in, propped my feet up on the foot stool, and produced a comfortable BM. I am going to try to do this every morning. It went especially well this morning because I woke up early so it didn't interfere with my breakfast & morning prep time.
    This timing technique is very effective. Oddly, my night shift means that I like to go within 2 hours of waking up, either side of the clock! I really would rather "go" on the clock at work because I have a finicky septic system at home, and why not get paid to do what I'm gonna do anyway?!

Best poops I ever make are goat stew and yogurt. The gelatin, starchy veggies, and fermented dairy make for a happy gut - for me at least.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 06-16-2014 at 09:02 AM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Sorry about Wisconsin.............. but there will something else. There are always door to open and close - we just have to stay alert, and I know you both are!

I hope the new potty schedule works I your favor
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    This timing technique is very effective. Oddly, my night shift means that I like to go within 2 hours of waking up, either side of the clock! I really would rather "go" on the clock at work because I have a finicky septic system at home, and why not get paid to do what I'm gonna do anyway?!

Best poops I ever make are goat stew and yogurt. The gelatin, starchy veggies, and fermented dairy make for a happy gut - for me at least.
    Hulky is on a 2-hr post wake-up schedule. I'd like a first thing in the morning schedule because I don't want to hang around at work waiting . Also I have my nice little foot stool at home.

Mmm goat stew. Any form of dairy aggravates my post nasal drip, unfortunately. Too bad because I really love yogurt.

Stayed up late watching Smallville with Hulky then woke up early due to cat noises = super friggin' sleepy. I went for a walk an hour ago so as not to fall asleep at my desk, but now I'm super sleepy again.

I need to get more meat for the cats tonight. I need to get more small glass jars so I can make a full week's batch at a time. Such a hassle to mix up the raw food two times or more per week!

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Mmmm goat stew. As if I didn't need another reason to drool over the food over at the gilly household.

My birthday is on Wednesday. I think I want to make myself a gluten-free vanilla cake, elimination diet be damned. I probably just need coconut flour, as I already have tapioca & arrowroot (plus eggs, sugar, and all that other good stuff).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think that's a great idea! Or better yet.............. Hulky should make it for you!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.