Page 716 of 894 FirstFirst ... 216616666706714715716717718726766816 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,160 of 8935

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 716

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks RR! I have a few birthday cards waiting impatiently to be opened on my computer desk at home. It's soooo tempting to open them early, but it will be nice to have them on the actual day, since we have nothing else planned.

I told Hulky about wanting to make a cake and he got mock-affronted. So now he is making it . I sent him a recipe w/ modification notes. It'll be a 9" round vanilla cake w/ a lemon icing because I couldn't find a dairy-free lemon frosting recipe that I liked. We'll be using palm shortening for the cake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYrkQL1bX4A
    My college friends say I looked like her when my hair was pink (in college).

Circa 2009

Gut timing: Didn't work this AM. Maybe because I had a smoothie for dinner last night? I know, not SCD-compliant. I was worn out after my bike ride and needed fruit. I think I need to go through the Breaking the Vicious Cycle book again for some food ideas. I need to focus on the chicken soup right now (and get in at least 5 days straight of JUST that and meats, no other veggies and no fruits). This is not the best diet to undertake while I'm trying to exercise! I was so bored with it yesterday that I went out and bought some decent jerky sticks for myself at Whole Foods when I got cake stuff. Apparently, my gut is the kind that responds with heartburn to spicy stuff. I'm sure that isn't helping either.

Biking: I biked today. One more day of cycling this week and I'll have done more in a week than I have yet any week this seaon! The forecast has changed again and I might be able to ride ALL week . What a nice birthday gift. Thanks, sky gods!

Female issues: The itch escalated to about a 6/10 yesterday, after starting off at a 4. It was a 6 earlier this morning, but has abated to a 4 again. So tired of these fluctuations.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

Jimmus Prime is offline Senior Member
    I should really invest in a bike... I think that would be a form of exercise that's easy for me because I would truly enjoy it. There are so many paths out here too... Hmmm, maybe a July purchase.

Happy *early* birthday, incase I miss it when it comes around! Hope you have a great time! And that LazyTown comparison is hilarious. Love the pink hair haha. I'm not judging by the way. I think it was as recent as 2007 or so that I had a bleach blond mohawk with purple tips...
    Please feel free to follow my journal, unless you're seeing this link IN my journal... That's quite the paradox! I promise to keep my content up to date, honest, and hopefully mildly entertaining.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread107788.html

Jimmus: I totally recommend cycling if your living/working area is good for it. It's one of the few forms of exercise I enjoy and I am really lucky to live under 5 miles from my job, on a fairly easy route. I plan on going back to pink once my hair gets longer . I had a mohawk in college too, but I am too lazy to do my hair up every day.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Additional thoughts re: cats
    -My mom asked me to feed their cat & take care of the pool while they are in Maine for a week in August. She insisted on paying me for it. Feeding the cat means popping by every other day to scoop the litter box & refresh food/water. The pool means running the pump overnight every other day, probably, and maybe tossing in some shock. Any suggestions for a fair wage for this? I was thinking maybe $60.
    -Both cats slept with us for a bit last night. So cute. Of course, Pumpkin woke us up early again with her solo stampeding through the apartment. WHAT A WEIRD CAT.
    Journal

Depression Lies

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Lazy Town... Yeah, I can safely trace back and blame all my weight problems to that kiddie show. Those bastards made cake eating and lazing out (not to be confused with lezzing out, which are characteristic of the Japanese kiddie shows ) look cool!

You're really cute in the picture. You've got awesome green peepers and the pink just frames your face and makes'em pop!

UH. How do you make your parents PAY YOU for chores? This is an art I must master at once... Whenever I'm invited over as an esteemed guest I'm forced to clean the house and the pool. They must've botched up the Russian translation for "vacation" with "work vacation"...
    Last edited by NoSaladWithoutMeat; 06-17-2014 at 09:15 AM. Reason: cos I be OCD

I guess my mom wants things to be "fair" since I'm all growed up and moved out. Heading over to their house everyday is not far (just a couple of miles up the local highway), but a bit of an inconvenience. She also pays me for my assistance with computer-related things, which I greatly appreciate because I HATE working on computers when I'm not at work. It kind of sucks, because I love doing it at my job.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Pheewwwww

I was all worried that Hulky was not going to schedule an appointment with his primary care doc about Wellbutrin/getting something else. But he did it! 2:45 on Thursday. I offered to have him pick me up at the office, so I could drive him the rest of the way and home/accompany him. I could bike to work and then we could pick it up with the bike rack on the car after the appointment (don't want to drive around on the highway with it on the car). I hope he accepts, even though it'll mean my overtime is probably for naught, because it means I can make sure he gets there!

I still think that he needs something in addition to or instead of the Wellbutrin. He told me the other day that his plan is to get all his schoolwork done before September and that he may end up with a caffeine addiction in order to get through it. This tells me that he needs help focusing through the anxiety and that the Wellbutrin is not enough for that. yeah, I'd prefer he try amino acids or something, but his body adapts to medications too well and they might not work as well for him as they did for me.

Maybe I can find him an adaptogen or something to try for anxiety, that won't interfere with the Wellbutrin. I think I have a Ginseng complex he can try.
    Journal

Depression Lies

tomi is offline Senior Member
    They have Abilify now that is supposed to be a good boost for other meds.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    They have Abilify now that is supposed to be a good boost for other meds.
    I forgot those kinds of things exist. i've seen commercials for them for ages, but never used them myself. A worrying side effect is insomnia, which he has only recently trained himself out of (from the Wellbutrin). But I may bring it up! Thanks.
    Journal

Depression Lies

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    melatonin, valerian root, chamomile tea.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation