Page 716 of 932 FirstFirst ... 216616666706714715716717718726766816 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,160 of 9311

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

Shop Now
    Abilify and Lamictal are both used as "boosters" to antidepressants, and the problem here is that they are designed for bipolar disorder... I would recommend looking into Deplin. Deplin is a megadose of folate - a necessary vitamin - that is also used to boost antidepressants. It's something like 15 mg of folate (which is 15000 mcg?). It helped tremendously when I was having issues while on meds. I had decided a while back that if I ever had to go on meds again, I would opt for Deplin over SSRIs b/c it's a vitamin not a drug. Might be something to look at if you wanted to stick with the non-drug route. And there's a generic (l-methylfolate).
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 06-17-2014 at 02:53 PM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Decided to google it to see what I could find (b/c I'm still struggling with mine and this reminded me of that promise I made myself) and I found this: Depression Won't Go Away? Folate Could Be The Answer | Psychology Today

And this by the NIH: Folate and depression

And it seems both Amazon and Vitacost have it over the counter:

Amazon.com: l-methylfolate
    l-methylfolate - Vitacost

I think I might order some.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Melatonin is (questionably) not safe to use with Wellbutrin. I will worry about this if he gets a different medication. I did get him an herbal thing that worked well before, but left him pretty groggy in the morning.
    Not super safe to use at all... Plus, I'm starting to think it becomes useless after a while.
    It does nothing for me now.

The less you take by the way the MORE effective it is. It's just best to use it for jetlag and not abuse be.
    'Cause, the devil knows, if it actually worked I'd be popping it like candy...
    "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Om nom nom melatonin NO BAD DON'T DO IT. Theanine Serene works pretty well (take it a few hours before bed).

It's mah birfday! I dressed up for work and drove in because I'm allowed to be lazy on my birthday . I had butterflies in my tummy this morning so I only got down a few microwaved sausages before leaving. My mom is taking me out to lunch and I picked a place that has a TON of gluten-free stuff, to the point that they label all the things that CONTAIN gluten (with CF on the menu).

Speaking of tummies...

Tummy log 83010193: My gut was a WRECK last night. I cooked some plantain slices in coconut oil after work and I think the coconut oil was too much for me (didn't measure it, that was a mistake). I was back and forth from the bathroom for several hours, with lots of pain. I guess I'll use even less when I finish off that other plantain tonight. Yeah, I'm persistent. My belly was miserable at bedtime. There was no point in taking the Constipation Stop before bed.

Food challenge: I need to re-evaluate this. It's kind of a waste for me to have this soup all ready and not actually be following my intro SCD challenge. I had some pieces of jerky last night (finished it off) and some marshmallows because I was craving something sweet. I pulled out my BtVC book last night and there are no dessert recipes I can have (most contain nuts). I want to do this, I just need to be better prepared. The SCD Lifestyle site says that if you get bored during one of the phases, move on. I guess I need to incorporate more foods. Squash should be safe and will be more filling.

Birthday loot: 4 cards, $150 and $25 Amazon gift card! As I wracked my brain this morning for something to get, I remembered I've been wanting Xero shoes since forever. I'll measure my feet tonight and get the DIY kit . I could get some bike things, or maybe some dresses and/or skirts... Plenty of time to think about it.

Cats: Woken early again by Pumpkin doing the solo stampede. STOP BEING THE MOST ENERGETIC CAT EVER.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

Ooo I could get a new bathing suit! I've been wanting one. The rest of today's posts are probably going to be me thinking about what to buy with my birthday money?

Is it bad that I am going to spend it on myself? I feel like I should feel guilty and put it in our joint account, given our solo income situation right now.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

Happy birthday and don't feel guilty spending your gifts on you! If someone gets you a present you don't need to give it to your spouse. It was meant for you! Enjoy your gift dreaming today

Happy Birthday!

Of course you should spend it on yourself.

Shop Now
    Happy birthday!
    Who was born today, 20someodd years ago? You were, not him. Ergo, that money's for you, not him. Spend it on you.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal