Page 715 of 934 FirstFirst ... 215615665705713714715716717725765815 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 9339

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

Shop Now
    They have Abilify now that is supposed to be a good boost for other meds.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    They have Abilify now that is supposed to be a good boost for other meds.
    I forgot those kinds of things exist. i've seen commercials for them for ages, but never used them myself. A worrying side effect is insomnia, which he has only recently trained himself out of (from the Wellbutrin). But I may bring it up! Thanks.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

melatonin, valerian root, chamomile tea.

Melatonin is (questionably) not safe to use with Wellbutrin. I will worry about this if he gets a different medication. I did get him an herbal thing that worked well before, but left him pretty groggy in the morning.
    Journal

Depression Lies

oh yes - forgot about drug interaction. Maybe if he takes the other herbal thing earlier in the evening he won't feel so groggy the next morning?

No, unfortunately if you don't take it within 30 min of bedtime, it doesn't work. If you fight through it and stay up longer, it doesn't help at all.
    Journal

Depression Lies

melatonin is like that too........... if you go past the "oh man I'm sleepy" stage - you've waited too long. I did that last night.

If I fight Benadryl, the same thing happens . I try to only take stuff with the express intention of going to bed soon after!

I had a little coffee today (just now). Darn cats keep messing up my sleep! I feel much perkier, thank goodness. Time to drown myself a little before the end of the day so I don't end up dehydrated.

I'm a little sad that nothing is planned for my birthday tomorrow. Birthdays were always celebrated when I was growing up, including birthday breakfast. My mom would get pastries and donuts early in the morning and we would eat breakfast on the bed of the birthday person. Presents and cards would get opened at that time. As we got older, my mom switched from Dunkin Donuts to a local donut shop that has HUGE and delicious donuts. I bought Hulky donuts from there on his birthday this year and surprised him with one donut w/ a birthday candle before I went to work . He is not big on celebrating his birthday (doesn't even like people knowing when it is), but loved the gesture. Hulky making my cake makes me feel better. I wish I could have sushi for dinner. I will wear a dress to work . According to Hulky, I told him last year that I didn't want to do anything for my birthday this year. I don't remember that (which doesn't mean I didn't say it), but I really wish I hadn't! Maybe he was joking. Wow, I am being whiny and privileged. Shut me up, please. Should I open my cards first thing in the morning or after work? I guess there's no reason to wait.

10 years ago tomorrow, I was celebrating my 16th birthday. It was my last day at the mental hospital day program, I think. I wore my favorite skirt (black, knee-length, has a gauze-y top layer that has some wide points at the bottom that makes it look witchy), which I still have but doesn't really fit anymore. I think I might have to make a new version of it. I'll drag up a picture for a blog post soon. I think I had one chunk of pink in my hair at that time. I felt pretty damn cute.

I need to make my SCD challenge less boring. Maybe I should get some regular gelatin in a canister and make some fruit gelly things. They are fun to eat and I could get in 3-4 TB of gelatin per day like that. Of course, that would mean making a batch nearly every day. Probably just easier to bring a canister to work and dump it into my tea. I want my hair to grow faster
    Journal

Depression Lies

I hope Hulky surprises you with something special for your birthday. If not - do something special for yourself.

Personally I've never really cared anything about birthdays, with the exception of it being acknowledged. I never really wanted presents or a fuss made about it. My ex was not at all into celebrations of any kind, so I was lucky to get a card or even an "happy birthday" as he left for work or the coffee shop. Mine is coming up next month - just about 5 weeks from now. I'll be 54. When you've had that many it doesn't really matter anymore! haha!

Shop Now
    Abilify and Lamictal are both used as "boosters" to antidepressants, and the problem here is that they are designed for bipolar disorder... I would recommend looking into Deplin. Deplin is a megadose of folate - a necessary vitamin - that is also used to boost antidepressants. It's something like 15 mg of folate (which is 15000 mcg?). It helped tremendously when I was having issues while on meds. I had decided a while back that if I ever had to go on meds again, I would opt for Deplin over SSRIs b/c it's a vitamin not a drug. Might be something to look at if you wanted to stick with the non-drug route. And there's a generic (l-methylfolate).
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 06-17-2014 at 02:53 PM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)