Page 715 of 798 FirstFirst ... 215615665705713714715716717725765 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 7971

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 715

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I'm still thinking about starting a new journal next month, but I don't know what to call it. I feel like I want to write a bit of a mission statement about my goals for functional fitness and sticking with diet challenges (to identify my sensitivities/intolerances). I want to focus on moving forward, on making progress, and on finding solutions, rather than wallowing. I've made so much progress in many ways over the past three years and I want want to spend more time looking towards the future.

Recently, I had a nice glimpse back at how my anxiety used to be. I remember I used to feel like my head was stuck in a loop in the mornings. I would start drafting my journal entry for the day (here on MDA) in my head while I drove my scooter or the car to work. It was frustrating because I would just get anxious trying to clear my head. Now, I might start drafting a post in my head, but it feels productive. I often don't end up writing any of it here because I forget by the time I get to work. It's mostly just a habit now. I find that narrating things in my head helps me sort things out. I have come to a lot of realizations regarding my health and mental state that way! That's how I resolve minor arguments with Hulky, too.

Hulky gets his contact lenses tonight, I'm so excited (focusing on that rather than how I'm bummed about not being able to get a tattoo). He had trouble taking them out last time he was at the optometrist's. His fine motor skills are not the best. I expect he'll get better at it over time, enough to keep using them anyway. I imagine I would be pretty bad at it too. I can barely put on eye make-up whiteout my eyelids fluttering all over the place. I hope he still plans to get a pair of glasses with the proper prescription so he isn't switching back and forth between an up-to-date and outdated prescription.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I've been thinking about a new journal too.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I have written out several very long vents and then decided it was best if I didn't post it, but it still made me feel better to get it out of my head. That's great you've been able to improve your anxiety.

On the rice, I fatten my carbs or there's zero satiety. I either have it with meat with some natural fat or I add something like avocados, coconut milk, or butter. Super satisfying then, but then again, things that work for me aren't supposed to.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    on the rice --- yes, it leaves me hungry again very soon after eating it.

I tried to start a new journal and I got a message that said I could have only one journal on this site. Whats up with that?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Tomi, that's weird about that message. I haven't tried yet myself.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

vh67 is online now Senior Member
    I wanted to share a success I have had with my IBS-d. I am not sure if I would recommend this but for the first time in years, I have seen a major improvement. I know you have IBS-c but I think it was the process that allowed for my gut bacteria to get to a happy balance. I have to have a lot of diagnostic testing done the last six weeks and about every 10 days I was having to do an emptying of my entire digestive track like you do for a colonoscopy. Each time after I was finished with the testing, I started back on prebiotics and probiotics of various kinds. The prebiotics were a mix of RS, inulin and konjac root as well as fruits and vegetables. The probiotics were various pills I had plus homemade water kefir and kimchee/sauerkraut hybrid I make. I tried to mix things up. Each time I saw improvement but after the last time I noticed a significant improvement. I had to have an exploratory laparoscopy of the abdomen and it is easier if the intestines are completely empty so I did the normal laxative cleanse and 36 hours of clear liquids but I only had clear liquids for the next day following the surgery too, which I think really gave my system time to rest. Again, not sure I would recommend it as it requires some seriously unpleasant intestinal emptying but I kind of feel like I did a reset of my gut. I have a week of normal poos for the first time in years.

Moving to a new area is exciting and scary. We did it recently and I am so glad we did! But I hope you can find away to not be apart for long.

Ouch V, that sounds rough. At least it worked (hope so!!). I have been thinking if this is still a problem after the army (hey stress affects the gut too!) I'll do a fast, but only when I don't have extreme mental and physical requirements. Cause I'll probably just sleep through it lol.

I have thought about doing some intense cleansing stuff, but I really don't have the resources to do that (not to mention can't remain by a toilet for a week straight, or several).

RR, do you get to take leave? Do you ever leave Korea for that & does your gut improve in that time? I have found that my gut is always better on vacation, but I think it's mostly the happy feelings & adrenaline, not actual proof of no sensitivities/intolerances etc.

Hmmm Gut TMI: My gut is not ready for just 1 Constipation Stop capsule. I took one two nights ago, didn't poop yesterday, took two last night, had to sit on the toilet (with feet propped up on a foot stool) (stool, haha) for about 20 min to feel comfortable again. But poop, I did!

Slow morning, I slept poorly. I should eat & shower before I go do my overtime.

Hulky looks great with his new contacts .

I did take leave, but tickets and arrangements are so expensive I only took about two weeks at home before coming back (for another two weeks with my mom in jeju, an island in south South Korea). The best my gut had been was actually in jeju while eating yogurt each morning and fermented meats.

I really need to start that up again, I'm just also sort of suspecting the Korean gut biome for replacing mine. I also are exclusively Korean food, which would match the local biome. I am VERY curious as to how it will work when I move back stateside. I'll have to be very proactive with the fermented foods and I'll probably do an SCD as soon as I can manage.

Not gonna lie though, a lot of the old school paleo and gut health folks have kind of scared me from qualities of dairy, even though I know it's good for me and no one else's rules apply to my body. Because FML.

Basically, it's been a month since my last change and nothing but my diet has actually changed. Normally I'd stick it out longer, but I'm really to the point of being more frustrated with the amount of work and less patient with the lack of any returns. At this point I'd actually eat junk good SAD to get a baseline if I didn't know that I'd be sick, fat, and covered with cysts. At least with primal I have control of those things for the first time ever.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm finding good results with the psyllium powder. Just have to remember to drink it with LOTS of water or it causes cramping and BIG AIR BUBBLES!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation