Page 714 of 783 FirstFirst ... 214614664704712713714715716724764 ... LastLast
Results 7,131 to 7,140 of 7829

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 714

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah, but he's still avoiding any school things other than the physics class, like those two Incomplete courses (anxiety?). I should take my wins and run with them, I guess!

Change is good, I think, and exciting, but also terrifying. I don't know how long we'd have to live apart or how often we could see each other (I guess we'd have to start Skyping!). In theory, he'd be making enough money for each of us to visit pretty regularly, but just doing weekend visits would be rough (looks like a 5 hr flight, no direct routes). Anyway, we're getting a little ahead of ourselves! It's nice to dream though.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I already told Hulky he's going to have to let me have a tattoo allowance if he ends up making all this money . Maaaannn I didn't even consider paying off my student loans even faster! 3 more years instead of 6? Or we could just make massive savings and start saving up for a house downpayment . This job would probably only be temporary, but who knows for how long...

A Prius would be awesome, but it might make more sense to get a larger car (maybe a compact SUV or mini-van). It would be helpful in a few years when we want to have kids, not to mention moving furniture.

I'm going down to 1 capsule of Constipation Stop. It might still be from the chocolate I had last night, but it seems like it's a little too effective right now.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Brad and I got a really good wireless router for $80 at Walmart. Easy for me to use, so someone with your background should have zero issues with it. It's Belkin brand. Not sure if it's any good, but it's working great, and it has two sign-ons - one for regular internet use, and one for streaming videos. And it's got incredible range! I can pick it up with my cell phone more than a block away from home. At $5 a month, it would pay for itself in 16 months.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I don't know if we'll be living in this apartment/area that long, so it's not a worthwhile investment right now.

But you can take it with you when you move to be used with your next ISP. *shrug* Ok. Just thought I'd mention it.

I guess it's not worth it to me because we don't know what we're doing past July. Maybe we end up with an ISP that does not allow personal routers! Just a bit of stress I don't want to deal with because I WILL be reading specs & reviews for routers haha. We are pretty thorough with our gadgetry.

So I've gotten involved with this Food Forest group in our area and they've been posting some things about beneficial 'weeds' that grow in yards. The dandelion was one of them. It made me think of you b/c it talks about how dandelions can help alleviate constipation through the liver. Maybe a dandelion salad or dandelion tea could help you? Here's the info.

Dandelion
    Taraxacum officinale [Asteraceae]

Edible: leaves, flowers, roots
    Medicinal: leaves are diuretic, liver and digestive tonic, root is liver tonic, promotes bile flow, duiretic, mildly laxative, anti-rheumatic
    Contains: carotenoids, protein, magnesium, potassium, iron, calcium and many other minerals, vitamins A, B, C, D

Leaves: harvest throughout growing season - younger leaves are less bitter
    Leaves (Edible): use fresh as salad green and cleansing remedy; Leaves (Juice): puree leaves when diuretic action is needed; Leaves (Infusion): mild diuretic, cleansing remedy for toxic conditions including gout and eczema, also use as a gentle liver and digestive simulant made with freshly dried leaves; Leaves (Tincture): often added to remedies to boost potassium intake

Roots: harvest in the fall; Root (Tincture) use the fresh root for toxic conditions such as gout, eczema, and acne, also used as a liver stimulant in liver disorders and related constipation; Root (Decoction): use for same conditions as tincture, good digestive bitter

Flower (Edible): raw or steamed

One of the most revered medicinal plants throughout the world, dandelion has been and is currently used as a food source and as a medicine in much of the world, especially in China, Germany, and England. It has been used for over 1000 years by Chinese medicine to treat breast cancer and current European herbalists use the root juice to treat diabetes and liver disease.

I've read good things about dandelion root tea. I think you can buy it, which would probably be better since I couldn't guarantee any around here hadn't been treated with pesticides. None grow in my parents' yard (or our apartment's).

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    On the SCD, that's what I was thinking. I have no idea what shape mine are in, but I don't seem to react as violently to some foods as I used to, or not at all, so I'm cheering for the good bugs.

Maybe I missed it if you already posted, what's in the constipation stop?

Great to finally here good things regarding money! Hope it continues!

I've been so jealous of Knifegill and his nettles lately... Maybe I'll pick up some dandelion tea tomorrow. It's supposed to taste like coffee right?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Constipation Stop
    Ingredient Amount % Daily Value**
    Magnesium (as magnesium hydroxide) 230mg 58
    Propriety Blend 1100mg
    -Cape Aloe gel
    -Rhubarb root
    -Buckthorn bark
    -Okra
    -Marshmallow root
    -Slippery Elm bark

** Percent Daily Value is based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
    Daily Value not established.
    Ingredients:
    Other Ingredients: Vegetable Capsule (vegetable fiber and water) and vegetable cellulose.
    No idea what dandelion root tea is supposed to taste like! I really want a non-coffee drink that isn't just tea. If only they weren't all so expensive.

I had a reaction to something in Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate mix yesterday. I don't usually have it, but they have tons of packets at work and I wanted something warm that wasn't coffee or green tea. My itch flared up soon after. It's better today, though not as subdued as it was earlier this week. The ingredients:

Sugar, corn syrup, modified whey, cocoa (processed with alkali), hydrogenated coconut oil, nonfat milk, calcium carbonate, less than 2% of: salt, dipotassium phosphate, mono- and diglycerides, carrageenan, acesulfame potassium, sucralose, artificial flavor
    None of those ingredients are things I have on a regular basis (generally not eating processed foods), but it still has something I want to avoid. I guess that just means a ban on ALL processed foods for now.

Rice leaves me hungry. Anyone else experience that? It's so convenient and tasty, but I never feel full when I eat it.

Rain today: no biking.

Tonight: I had plans and then my sister texted saying she'd get me a Friday the 13th tattoo at a shop up in Nashua. I wasn't feeling that into it, but the 13th is our wedding day (July, one month until one year anniversary!), and it's a full moon tonight. Then I found that the deal is only until 7 PM and I wouldn't be able to leave tonight until 6 PM because Hulky has an optometrist appointment at 5. I was really disappointed when I saw that, so I guess I really did want one of those tattoos. Oh well. The plan is to finish up the photo frame for Baba, bring it over to my parents' house, and have seafood risotto for dinner with them and my godfather.

Weekend: Overtime Saturday AM, probably. And then vegging because this is the first weekend I'll be home in several weeks! Sunday, I should be going over to my parents' house for father's day dinner in the afternoon. I need to get a card and bring a check for my sister, who is buying a whiskey-making kit.