Page 7 of 749 FirstFirst ... 567891757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 7

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    What the crap is a cherry crisp? I was just trying to enter cherries and couldn't find them! hahaha, I forgot to mention that >< Well there we go, I'm on trap, I'm still just so goddamn hungry all the time.

So apparently I did okay

NoSaladWithoutMeat is online now Senior Member
    You're doing great!
    Though comparing to you my ratios are probably 60% fat, 30% protein, 10% carbs.

Not lately with the coconut icecream, aka the food of the devil.
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    What the crap is a cherry crisp? I was just trying to enter cherries and couldn't find them! hahaha, I forgot to mention that >< Well there we go, I'm on trap, I'm still just so goddamn hungry all the time.

So apparently I did okay
    You did more than okay today if you ate cherries instead of a cherry crisp. (although just thinking about a berry crisp gives me something to miss other than bread)
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    What about a clafouti? I've never made one before, but I'm thinking of doing it this weekend. Berries, eggs... and a little flour and sugar, but not as bad as other desserts, I suspect... Good idea about using coconut milk for sweetness, GA!
    Clafoutis are great ... except for the wheat flour and sugar. It really depends on how you want to play with your 20%. Perhaps almond flour would work as an alternate for the wheat flour. And the cherries are sweet enough that you probably could cut back on the sugar.

Clafoutis is actually rather custard-like and I would be curious to see what kind of recipes there are for a primal custard-y recipe that would give a similar taste/texture structure.

And here you go: Mark is ahead of you on this one
    Or for a savory version

Those look tasty, I'll have to check it out next week (wondering if Trader Joes has almond flour).

I cheated big time yesterday with pizza. It was delicious, really hit the spot, and I don't regret it at all. It did prevent my regular morning BM today though. Today I had a 3 egg omelette with cheese and a generous portion of bacon (pic to come, the omelette came out really well cooked in the bacon juice). My sister and I were out walking around today and I got my navel pierced as get-fit inspiration. My fat has definitely shifted around over the past few weeks, I feel less bottom heavy. My legs were ACHING to move today. I went swimming in my parents' refreshingly cold pool after and just kind of moved around, doing minimal laps. I had ENERGY today and it felt wonderful.

Tonight I'm making the spaghetti squash with meaty marinara sauce! My hunger just set in so it should be done at the perfect time. I'll start the sauce in a little while and the squash will come out to cool off/get cut in half while I finish the sauce.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Tonight I'm making the spaghetti squash with meaty marinara sauce! My hunger just set in so it should be done at the perfect time. I'll start the sauce in a little while and the squash will come out to cool off/get cut in half while I finish the sauce.
    Let us know how it turns out. We're trying spaghetti squash wit Bison Ragu this week (Thanks Mark!)
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Well the sauce was AMAZING and delicious. The spaghetti squash is tasty, though I didn't realize how to get the strands loose at first (it doesn't look like strands until you stick a fork into the inner sides of the squash and pull towards the center). There wasn't much "spaghetti" in mine, but it was a little small.

I am still hungry but my stomach feels bloated. I don't feel like I can eat anything with that expanded feeling going on. I am getting really tired of being hungry all that time.

Well, I don't think feeling hungry is a good thing. If you are still hungry after dinner, I think it would be worth examining what kind of hungry you are. There are a lot of different kinds of hungry and might be useful to figure out what kind of hunger you are feeling.

Are you light headed, jittery, dizzy hungry? Yesterday, I went about seven hours between brunch and dinner and as dinner approached I was feeling a bit light-headed, a lot tired and a bit spacey because my body was ready for food. This is really hungry and you need to make certain you get some food.

Is your stomach rumbling hungry? There is a feeling you get when your stomach is empty. It's a sign you could eat food but not necessarily right away. I often make the mistake of eating too much when I feel stomach hungry and then I feel overly full which isnt any better of a feeling.

Are you hungry because you aren't getting something you want to eat? I know sometimes, I eat what ever meal I planned in advance and it just doesn't 'fill me up'. Then I find myself snacking on all kinds of things until I finally eat whatever taste or texture my mind had decided I really needed. I'm not actually in need of food at that point but I still feel a compulsion to eat something else. Drives me nuts because I know it's not real hunger and my brain is playing with me.

And then sometimes I think there is a form of hunger that I feel when I break a pattern. For example, for a number of years, my then boyfriend and I would share a bowl of ice-cream after dinner. At some point I decided to stop eating ice-cream after dinner (to save money, cut down on sugar) and it took me an awfully long time to recognize that dinner was over because I was used to ice-cream being a part of that meal. Without it I thought I was missing something. It wasn't hunger as I was getting plenty of food, but it certainly felt like it.

There is no correct answer - but it might help to examine what kind of hunger you feel

Often these seems to be a time delay between a meal and the feeling of satiation - but usually you will feel full within an hour.
    Sometimes people feel hungry when they are actually thirsty. I know a lot of friends try drinking a glass of water and waiting to see if they are still hungry after about 20 minutes. It might help to drink a full glass of water after dinner.
    Sometimes people feel hungry because they are hungry and maybe more food is what you need.

And then there is another question ... you mention that your stomach feels bloated. Is it your stomach feeling full because you just ate a lot of food and it's all landed in the stomach which now feels pretty plump with all that dinner goodness? It the feeling painful or uncomfortable? Do you dislike the feeling because you prefer your stomach to feel flat?
    Or iss it feeling of bloating due to gases in your intestine? (a very different feeling than a full stomach)
    Also how long does the feeling last? Does it pass in about 30 minutes? A couple hours?

The hunger is just rumbling tummy. I know it takes some time for hunger to go away, but I get this overall feeling across/down my abdomen of bloating, like there's pressure everywhere, not in my actual stomach, not just in the intestinal area. Sometimes that feeling lasts all day, sometimes it's just after eating for an hour or two. I do drink water when the hungry feeling comes (usually within a couple hours of eating, if it's not just persistent throughout the day), but it doesn't always help. It's possible that I'm just not eating enough, but I get bored if I have too much of the same thing, so if I don't have anything else to eat, I just don't.

I'm getting very bored of eggs in the morning and want to try making custard, but I don't have the right kind of cups/bowls you need to put them in.

It's finally gone today (the bloated feeling) and I wonder if it happens when I eat badly. I haven't had a BM since the pizza (not even gas till this morning) and I can tell it's going to be bad today. I didn't feel like eating this morning so I'm just finishing off my almond milk (unsweetened, actually pretty satisfying). I might go to the health foods store today to look for a good protein powder option for when I'm in a hurry in the morning or for snacks.

Living off of leftover pasta sauce (so good) for the time being. The "Adult Chocolate Milk" did me in last night, my morning BM did not thank me, but the "bloating" I had last night disappeared. Back to work today, boo. It was a nice lazy weekend. I went swimming briefly on Saturday in my parents' pool, but really just lounged around after doing a few laps. It's usually way too cold, but with the heat we had, it felt absolutely glorious.

Nothing to say except that I need to get moving! I won't be able to swim tonight due to other plans so I really need to go tomorrow. I'm liking my body "layout" right now, but I want fitness!

I got my navel pierced for fitness inspiration, been thinking about it for a while. Now to get some abs so it's worth showing off!

Page 7 of 749 FirstFirst ... 567891757107507 ... LastLast