Page 699 of 797 FirstFirst ... 199599649689697698699700701709749 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 6,990 of 7966

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 699

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I'm not really worried about the cost, more so just getting him there. I am worried I am taking too much time off, but I'm going to have to in order to make sure he gets to the doctor. I just need him to make the appointment. I'm too burnt out about this.

Chronic inflammation of the vagina: treatment a... [J Reprod Med. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI
    I found this in doing some searching for my vaginal issues. Hydrocortisone did nothing. The other drug listed is used to treat lupus and RA? Pretty random. I really need to get to the doctor about my OWN issues and start getting answers about autoimmune conditions.

I am considering dipping into my personal savings to get my gut bacteria tested via the American Gut project. $99 through them is cheaper than any other option I've found. I sent tatertot a message to ask about how thorough it is. It would probably take a few weeks to get the kit and then to get the results.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Sorry............ hard to sort it all out.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Hulky: I took him after work and he signed up for his summer class. His mom may be able to come over in mornings and insure that he leaves the house when his class starts. It runs 9 AM - 2 PM Wednesdays and Fridays from June through July. We won't find out for another week or two when he can/will go up to Maine to write that research paper. His prof is doing a class up there now and won't have access to his schedule until he gets back.

Gut: I'm done with the DE for now. From the ~2 weeks I took it consistently (maybe it was only a week, I have no idea anymore), I noticed more nail growth (had to trim my toe nails, which rarely happens). I have also had more pimples on my face, scalp, chest, and back lately. It could be from sweating more, but I wonder if it might have been detox. Regardless, my gut is completely backed up right now. I haven't had a BM in 3 days. Today, I brought Vit C to work to take every 4 hrs to try and get things moving.

I'm messaging with tatertot for advice. (Tomi, you should read this bit!) He suggested starting bentonite clay, which seems overall safer and possibly more effective than DE, as well as activated charcoal. The last time I took activated charcoal was when I OD'd on Tylenol 10 years ago (the suicide attempt). Both BC and charcoal are supposed to be effective for IBS-C and IBS-D. I have no idea how that works...but it seems worth a shot! They are supposed to help clear out toxins and overgrowth. As soon as I get things going well enough post-DE, I will start incorporating those. Tatertot also recommended to try several different probiotics, esp./including s. boulardii, but taken intermittently. I'll get an S. boulardii bottle, a NOW foods Probiotic Defense bottle, and alternate those along with the Primal Defense I already have. The expense for all of this will come out of my personal savings. Hulky and I have talked about it many times, but I feel too guilty taking money from our joint account for these things.

Bentonite Clay: Health Benefits and Uses

The American Gut testing apparently takes about 6 months to get results back and isn't as comprehensive as tests done in labs through doctor's offices, so I guess I'll just keep looking for a lab that takes my insurance.

I need to work on drinking more water for the new supplements.

Body: Of course, I didn't do my 3 x 3 chin-up workout yesterday. I only got in one set this morning so I'll do a whole workout tonight. My arms are still sore when I go to hang on the bar, but aside from feeling like stretching today, nothing is really sore just moving around normally. The bike ride home yesterday was very windy, but I still made good time! Due to the chance of rain, I didn't bike today and probably won't tomorrow.

Oh yeah, more things.

Hormones: I forgot to take a drop of Progest-E today so I may just try to tough it out through the PMS, rather than potentially influence when my period starts. I don't want the flow to be heavy by the wedding on the 1st!

Wedding outfit: I'm totally going to take pictures of the potential dresses & shoes I have to get input form you guys on what to wear. I think I have 3 dresses that I could wear and they all make me feel pretty, so I don't know which to pick! I guess the forecast may influence the final decision. One dress is purple and I've only worn it once (to my friend's wedding in October of 2012). Another dress is also purple and I wore it once on a date that ended early (Hulky was in a lot of pain from his shoulder surgery a couple of years ago). The last dress is my wedding dress, which I've only worn once or twice since then. Would it be weird to wear that one to someone else's wedding, especially since all of our friends were at my wedding and will also be at this wedding? Since it's a multi-wrap dress, I could tie it differently.

Dream: Why do I always dream of going back to high school to take remedial classes? In the dream, a kid (maybe 15 yrs old, shorter than me) shouldered me and said something vaguely threatening. I lowered my voice and told him to back the f*&k off and not to touch me. I think I also mentioned my age. I was then in the cafeteria eating some kind of meat with sauce & rice (something "Asian"). Fae (my cat) was with me and I decided that she must be along with me as therapy and I had a doctor's note for it (some lucidity in that part). My college ex came up to me and sat down. I felt confused for a second and couldn't recognize him so I nearly kissed him, thinking he was Hulky (in the dream, I couldn't remember what Hulky looked like!). Then college-ex introduced his girlfriend (short girl who definitely had Chinese ancestry). I offered some of my food to college-ex and he tasted it and then spat it out, yelling, "This is fried?!" I apologized, confused, saying I didn't know he didn't eat fried food anymore. His gf then started to spout some bullshit vegan wisdom (mentioned something about "eating only naive foods" but I think she meant "non-sentient") at me and I said something rude and left. I think I said, "Well, we can never talk about food together, but we might be able to be friends!". Fae kept falling behind because people were petting her and she's a slut for pets. IRL, Fae comes with you call in the house at least, but I don't know if that would carry over in a strange environment .

I know high school came up in the dream because Hulky and I were talking about high school yesterday. But why do I have dreams about going back to hs without any kind of prompting, pretty regularly? So weird.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I am thinking about trying DE, but not sure if it is a good time to change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I am thinking about trying DE, but not sure if it is a good time to change anything.
    I think I'd suggest you look into bentonite clay instead. There's much less controversy surrounding it than DE for one!

Oh lard, watch out, I'm in ramble mode.

I am monitoring my mood this morning. I thought, "Hey I'm feeling much better today than yesterday!" True, but it's precarious. Yesterday, my mood crashed after a misunderstanding with Hulky and stayed low all day. I was exhausted by the end of the day. I took a thyroid supplement and my energy and mood improved, but I didn't remember to pack one just in case for today. I am "sensitive". I feel okay right now, but I feel like one slip could ruin the whole thing. I don't know what to call this, but I don't like it. I think I associate this precarious feeling with hormonal imbalance.

A couple of months ago, I started spring cleaning, but I've kind of fallen behind on those efforts. The floors need sweeping, rugs need vacuuming, surfaces need dusting, and the sheets really need to be changed. I fully intend on working on all of those things this weekend. I just got a vet appointment for Fae for this evening so yay for being productive/on top of that.

This also gets me thinking about clothes. Lately, some of my drawers have seemed too full. I think I am going to get rid of some more things and actually drop off the donation bag at the Salvation Army truck in town (it's always there, don't know how/when they unload it). I have more pajama pants than I need, more sleep shirts than I need, more tank tops than I ever wear, and a few t-shirts that don't fit well/have never fit well.

My closet needs attention too. There are still a few items in there that need to be packed away in my parents' attic. At some point this summer, I want to take a bunch of stuff out of their crawl space & label the boxes. I want to make a document/list that uses a number system so we can look at the inventory list and say "Hey, I think I want to look at [this thing]" and then go find the box with the appropriate number. I guess a spreadsheet would be good for this, but I'm not sure how to organize it yet. I'm not good with Excel.

I really want more skirts. I wonder if my mom has any dresses or skirts she's willing to part with that I might be able to tailor.

I feel hopeful about this new approach with my gut. Tatertot is assuring me that it all sounds like gut dysbiosis, which formerly would have been frustrating, but now seems like something I can tackle.

New weapons
    -Bentonite Clay (will start with 1/2 teaspoon in water before bed, only drinking the water & leaving any sediment, will eventually drink all of it and then increase to at least 1 tsp)
    -activated charcoal (hello, black poop; will take according to directions)
    -S. bouldardii
    -NOW foods Probiotic Defense
    -Primal Defense probiotic

For the probiotics, I believe I'll take at least one at bedtime with the clay, but not sure how/how often I'm going to use all of them.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Wow dat dream. Usually when I dream, mine are like that too. All kinds of crazy lol.

I may be jotting down this list for myself. Probably won't be getting to it until I'm back in America, but then I should have better access to things too. I have to track down a few orders that didn't make it to me in two months; dress shoes, an amazon order, and I think one other, but I may already have emailed them. Gotta check my email. Ah USPS. Or Korean postal services. One of them. Bastards.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    In regards to hulky and the doctor. Maybe you can just load him in the car and take him to an urgent care clinic? The meds obviously aren't working for him, his condition is still bad and now it's affecting your well-being. It's time to take him in for the med change. Don't give him a choice. Just go.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)