Page 699 of 808 FirstFirst ... 199599649689697698699700701709749799 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 6,990 of 8077

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 699

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    In regards to hulky and the doctor. Maybe you can just load him in the car and take him to an urgent care clinic? The meds obviously aren't working for him, his condition is still bad and now it's affecting your well-being. It's time to take him in for the med change. Don't give him a choice. Just go.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    He does respond well to me going "We're going places. Now." Such as yesterday, signing him up for his summer class . I'm not sure urgent care would give him SSRIs though.

Fae's vet appt went well! She's down to 12 lbs from 14. The vet said Fae has a bit of arthritis in her rear joints, so I ordered the recommended Dasuquin for cats to add to her food. The reviews for it on Amazon are amazing. I hope this will make her a little more agile and as a result, she'll be able to lose more weight. The vet agreed with me that an ideal weight would be around 10 lbs.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    Well at least the kitty things seem to be going well. How is pumpkin and the flees? My best friend's aunts cat just had kittens three days ago and I'm dead from kitten text pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Well at least the kitty things seem to be going well. How is pumpkin and the flees? My best friend's aunts cat just had kittens three days ago and I'm dead from kitten text pics.
    I'M SO JELLY OF THE KITTEN PICS. The fleas seem to be gone. I can't remember seeing either cat scratch under their chin (they both were between the first and second Advantage application) since the second Advantage application. I'm going to sweep under the bed, vacuum the rug, and roll it back out in Pumpkin's room this weekend. That girl sheds a LOT so I am going to have to keep up with the vacuuming. It's overdue in the whole apartment, truthfully.

I'm so happy that Fae is healthy. Once Hulky is done with school & working, I want to have bloodwork done for Fae and get her teeth cleaned. Then I'll be able to keep them clean with semi regular brushing on my own. I don't know if she's ever had her teeth professionally cleaned, but I don't want her to lose any.

We saw the new X-Men movie last night and it was SO GOOD. I think it's my favorite one yet (I do love these movies though, even the awful ones). There is totally a full-body rear shot of Huge Jackedman's body. The movie was fairly dark and pretty violent, so fair warning for anyone who might want to bring their kids. There are apparently plans for another movie in 2016, which I am totally psyched about.

We went to the movie last night because Hulky got a last minute text from the best man of the wedding we're going to on the 1st. The bachelor party is tonight, but I don't think anybody knew until yesterday. Hulky isn't a groomsmen, but he was still invited to the "bachelor party" since he's good friends with the groom and two of the groomsmen (I don't know how many groomsmen there are though). It basically sounds like NOTHING is planned for this party and we all feel really bad for the groom. The best man has been really AWOL about the whole thing, apparently. We don't know him, I think he's a childhood/high school friend of the groom, whereas the other groomsmen and Hulky have only known the groom since college, even if they are arguably closer.

I'm exhausted today due to staying up late and also not sleeping well, so my day will have plenty of coffee. Maybe it'll help my gut along!

Gut: With about 2000 mg of Vit C yesterday, I got my gut catching up in the bathroom after 3 days of being backed up. That was less than enjoyable. I'm not sure if I should continue with a morning dose of Vit C for the time being, since mag citrate doesn't seem to work well enough. As I said yesterday, I'm done messing with the DE for now. My new supplements should arrive tomorrow! I'm looking forward to getting started on the bentonite clay and activated charcoal. I feel optimistic.

Body: My armpits were too sore for chin-up work yesterday, so I will do my workout routine tonight while Hulky is out. I'm sure I'll be bored anyway!

Weekend plans: cleaning the apartment, looking at dresses to wear for the wedding, sending the Offbeat Bride book to my sister, hopefully getting some good sleep.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Just heard a short review of X-Men and they emphasized it was not a good movie for children.

I'm glad you tackled the flea issue! I wish I could figure out why my kitty is losing hair on her back. Up both sides of her spine and a little on her tail. There is no redness to indicate a skin infection, she just licks and pulls it out. Maybe its just a behavioral thing? When I tell her to stop she does. She leaves clumps of hair all over the house! I haven't taken her to the vet for it because it seems obvious to me there isn't anything physically wrong with her. She needs a kitty shrink?

Sounds like Mr. BestMan is falling down on the job. Poor Mr. Groom.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Treesa is online now Junior Member
    If your kitty goes outside and comes in contact with rabbits..she could have contracted mange. It causes dramatic hair loss.

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    Oh dear poor kitty. My best friend's cat is we guess allergic to fleas and is terrible about rubbing off his flea medication. Little butt.

Good to hear the kitties are doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Treesa View Post
    If your kitty goes outside and comes in contact with rabbits..she could have contracted mange. It causes dramatic hair loss.
    She goes outside -- but in the 10 years I've been here I've never seen a rabbit.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Tomi, get that kitty to a vet! If it's a behavioral thing, they do have something like kitty Prozac, but it could also be a parasite or allergies. Is she on a grain-free food?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    no not grain free. Been feeding her the same food her whole life so don't think its the food. She's 11 years old and the problem started about 3 years ago. Never gets worse, doesn't really change at all. And she isn't bald, but has thinning in the areas affected. I can't find anything online that is similar to her type of hair loss.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation