Page 699 of 931 FirstFirst ... 199599649689697698699700701709749799 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 6,990 of 9310

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

Shop Now
    Dress 1
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/punkki...7641062239305/

Dress 2
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/punkki...7641062239305/

or Dress 3 (which has a bunch of way I could tie the straps)
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/.../june_0016.jpg

Proof that I sewed
    Before https://www.flickr.com/photos/punkki...7641062239305/
    After https://www.flickr.com/photos/punkki...7641062239305/

It requires a little finishing inside, but is wearable! It needs a chunky necklace, IMO, for a complete outfit.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

I like option 2

I can't decide between 1 and 2, though 3 looks great too! I'm no help.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

I forgot to describe the dresses: option 1 I have never gotten to wear out, bought it for myself with one of my first post-college paychecks. Option 2 was worn to a friend's wedding in Oct 2012, but none of the people I'll be seeing at the June 1st wedding were at that one, so I don't feel too odd about wearing it again (plus it'll be nice out, so I don't have to wear a scarf around my shoulders). Option 3 was *my* wedding dress so all of the friends at the June 1st wedding HAVE seen me in it before
    Journal

Depression Lies

I agree. Option 2 is the clear winner. Option 1 seems a bit clingy and that would drive me crazy. I like the darker colors with your hair and skin coloring too. Plus option 3 was your wedding dress. My 2 cents. Congrats on sewing success too!

Wow we have quite the vehement troll right now.

I have no idea when I'll get to wear Option 1. I feel kind of bad that I STILL haven't worn it anywhere and I've had it for almost 4 years! I'll probably wear 2 to the wedding this Sunday. It'll be a bit less toasty.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Blargh. I woke up way too early this morning and was incredibly grumpy for a couple of hours. The rest of the day has been okay. I'm still easily irritated though. I get a long weekend next week too! *fist pump*

My period should start soon. I hope sooner rather than later so I don't have to worry about going to the beach next Monday! This will be my first since I got the IUD out.

My mom offered to get us a new vacuum for an anniversary gift. We get anniversary gifts from other people?! Our vacuum works pretty well. My mom actually bought it for us when Hulky and I moved into our first apartment just about 3 years ago. The one she linked to sounds pretty awesome though. Oh gourdes help me, I'm getting domestic. I'm thinking we might ask for a cat tree for Pumpkin instead. I'll have to think about it. I can't think of anything immediately that we *need* or even really want.

I need to find Hulky a nice bathrobe. Maybe we should forego anniversary gifts this year, money is going to be really tight starting next week for the rest of the summer =\
    Journal

Depression Lies

Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

2 is sexy. Hot.

3 is summery, girly, flirty, and romantic. Hence, it's better for a summer soirée. You can always rewear the straps and throw on a floral crown or something if that fits the event. Accessories really change a look. I imagine something of a Grecian goddess look with gold strappy sandals and gold jewelry but I understand you don't like gold accents...

1 is too "serious"... Too much cocktail formal so if that's what the event is like, then do that one.

In other words...it's hard to compare the dresses as they are different in vibes. I would wear 2 on a date or to clubbing, 3 to a law semi formal reception/awards, 3 to a more outdoorsy but still fancy event.

Ps. Is the brand of 3 Von Vonni by any chance? Looks familiar from a dress I shot/styled for the brand.
    Last edited by TQP; 05-26-2014 at 01:19 PM.

3 is from Target, don't know what the brand is . Good call on the florals and such, I'll keep that in mind.

I guess I need some cocktail-attire events to go to . Oh... I might have worn this to a holiday work party once? The trouble with having two purple dresses .

Since a lot of my friends have seen me in 3 at my own surprise wedding, I think I'll stick with 2 and just be ultra sexy. Hulky will love/hate it (he really likes me in this dress). I will probably wear some black faux-patent pumps and have some Fast Flats in my bag for dancing. Sandal-type heels would probably be better, but I don't have any and don't want to buy any right now.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Shop Now
    Gut: still working out the logistics of the activated charcoal & bentonite clay. I have to use some kind of laxative with these, but I haven't decided on one yet. Maybe a dose of Vit C in the morning will be sufficient. It's too soon to really say.

Weird gut observation: This is kind of a gross detail, so fair warning. A month or two ago, I noticed that the scent of my poop/gas changed. It was not a smell I associate with illness or anything. I'd almost say it was "oily" though I don't know why. Since two days ago, when I started the bentonite clay & activated charcoal, the scent changed again. I think it smells better, but it's poop/gas so it's really hard to say .

Body: I haven't been doing chin-up workouts like I wanted, but I am doing my reps spread throughout the day. I can do more/better and I will, dammit! Yesterday, I felt quite lean. My stomach was really flat. Pretty funny since I also started my period. I was going to take pictures for the Motivational Vanity thread, but I cannot seem to master the full-body selfie, esp. with no large mirrors.

I think I should be able to bike to work tomorrow and Thursday. Hooray for 4-day weeks!

Last night, we joined up with some friends for a BBQ, so I had all meat for dinner plus a marshmallow.
    Journal

Depression Lies