Page 690 of 933 FirstFirst ... 190590640680688689690691692700740790 ... LastLast
Results 6,891 to 6,900 of 9327

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

Shop Now
    VFFs are on sale at Zulily.com today. I still don't know my shoe size for VFFs. I'm waiting until next paycheck and getting the DIY Xero Shoes kit anyway. I'd make the myself, but it's cheaper to buy the kit than to try and source cheap sheets of Vibram rubber or a similar sandal base material.

I slept poorly last night and didn't bike this morning. I could use that as an excuse, but I won't. It was a choice. The forecast is looking okay for tomorrow, so I can probably bike then. Hulky slept poorly too so he said I could have the car today and he'll sign up at the community college tomorrow. The reason I slept poorly is that I took Benadryl after 10:30. I need to take it at 10PM so I am super drowsy by 10:30 and asleep not long after that. I also need to make sure I have an outfit picked out for the next day before I go to bed. It only saves a couple of minutes in the morning, but it's one less thing to stress about. I am not a morning person.

Nothing exciting on the cat front. Fae and Pumpkin avoid each other all day and stay separated at night and during meals. Hulky managed to get the Advantage on Pumpkin on Monday, though she did manage to wipe some off on the comforter cover (which should be washed & put away anyway). Hopefully enough got onto her skin for a treatment. I'd like to start leaving the doors open at night since it seems like they're chasing each other less, but I really don't want to be woken up by them stampeding again.

I wish I had access to a pull up bar that would allow me full extension, instead of tucking my legs behind me. I don't know if I could effectively use pull-up straps on the pull-up bar that we have. I'd really like to start doing assisted pull-ups. I feel like I'll make better progress doing the full motion instead of working my way up from a dead hang. I can't always have Hulky help me and I feel like using a chair won't really train me to use the right muscles. I guess I'll just have to try it. Something is better than nothing.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

I requested June 2nd off from work, fingers crossed they approve it. I'm always anxious about requests for a day off. Our friends' wedding is June 1st, in the later afternoon. We booked a room at a b&b a mile from the reception for Saturday and Sunday night. If I can't get the 2nd off, I won't drink at the wedding and we'll see if we can give the room to friends instead.

But I really hope I can get the 2nd off. I'm looking forward to a little getaway. We really need it, so I don't feel bad about the expense (which isn't outrageous anyway). I hope we have good weather that weekend! The wedding location is very close to a beach.

My annual review should be this month. It didn't happen last year, but I still got a raise. I am really nervous about it, though I'm sure it'll be fine. I just want to know already how much my certification will get me as a raise!
    Journal

Depression Lies

Some of the girls want to do Girly Night Take 2, but go out for brunch mimosas. I honestly don't want to do it right now. I just don't feel like socializing. Maybe it would be good for me, but I get stressed just thinking about it. I don't know what to say to get out of it, can't think of any good excuses.
    Journal

Depression Lies

I find it odd when people work in an office-like setting as a full time employee and can't get time off. I can see it in a restaurant like setting, but in an office setting where work can really just wait a day or be handed to someone else, I don't understand leave refusal. Maybe that's a product of working for the Army for so long where if you have leave, you can take it without issue (unless you'll be gone for a really long time or you have a mission critical task that must be done during that time frame). here, things just wait or someone else takes care of it when fires crop up. I hope you can get the time off.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Jenn, can I come work at your office??? Most offices don't work the way you've described. In my office everyone has their own assigned tasks to keep up on. For example: my job at the doctors office is to take care of the daily mail and prepare the bank deposits, then take the deposit to the bank on my way home from work. I also abstract new patient charts into the computer and I do most of the providers credentialing paperwork. I do lots of other odds and ends as the needs arise. No one else in the office does what I do - in a real pinch my jobs could be picked up by others but they all have their time occupied by their own tasks. What I do can't sit around a wait - it must be handled daily - and asking someone else to do it would put a burden on them. When I was out for 2.5 weeks from my surgery I made arrangements to be able to do my work from home. They set me up so I could log into the system remotely and keep up with the new patients and the manager brought the mail and deposit stuff to my house.

Yeah, I'm the only one in my office who does what I do. If people needed desktop support assistance, they can submit tickets to the queue, but anything hands-on would have to wait until I'm back. Most things aren't so urgent that I'm needed in person, so it's not a huge deal, I just get anxious about it since I have sick days pretty frequently =\. My local supervisor said it's fine, but my actual boss is on vacation or travelling (he has an out of message up, but I don't remember him saying anything about being away so I hope everything is okay). Hopefully I get an answer soon.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Rootology: Breathe Free

someone posted this on facebook -- might be worth a try??

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Rootology: Breathe Free

someone posted this on facebook -- might be worth a try??
    Interesting. It has really good reviews on Amazon. Maybe for next month, I don't want to add/change any supplements right now. The Nasacort seems to be working really well for the post nasal drip (and Allegra/Zyrtec for everything else except evening allergies), though obviously it'd be nice to cut it all down to just one thing. That would make the cost worth it.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Tomi, everyone in my office is capable of doing each other's jobs. It's just administration - calendar work, office admin, phones, proofreading, etc... Out on the floor, things are a little different, but there are at least two people who can do every job on the floor - the person who's assigned to that task, and a person to cover down should the need arise. I guess the Army does a better job of CYA and I just take it for granted. It needs to be that way b/c people travel for their jobs all the time or they take temporary positions for exerience elsewhere, or they deploy, leaving their jobs for weeks at a time. Missions are too critical to leave unmanned. SOMEONE has to be able to do the work while they're gone, so we have the two people rule. No one's job ever goes "unmanned" or "undone" b/c they're on vacation or away on travel. For example, right now I do the payroll for another team in the command b/c their admin person took another job. And if I were to leave for an extended period of time, there's someone else who can do my payroll work and the payroll work for that office. So, because of this, if I want to take leave, I don't have to worry about whether or not it'll be approved. In fact, I'm taking 40 hours off in July, around the holiday, that was approved 30 minutes after I submitted the request b/c the other person in the office will be around to cover. And even if he was gone, we have people on the floor who get tasked with sitting in our office and tending to the Colonel's whims. This has been my experience for my whole adult life (I joined the Army at age 20 and have been working with the Army in some capacity since then) so I know no other system... it just seems oddly unfair that a company would give you vacation as a benefit and then not let you use it when you want to (barring any projects or whatnot that you hold a key role in that you KNOW are coming up for the period you wish to take off - then I could see them denying).

Anyway, I guess it's a perk I just assumed was universal.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Shop Now
    I don't know how your days off work, but I accumulate PTO (used for sick days and personal days) with every hour I work. I earn roughly 1 day off per month if I'm working 40 hrs a week consistently. I'm kinda low on PTO right now, so that's another concern with taking a day off here and there =\.
    Journal

Depression Lies