Page 688 of 798 FirstFirst ... 188588638678686687688689690698738788 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,880 of 7977

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 688

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like food poisoning.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Yeah definitely/hopefully (if you can be hopeful about food poisoning). Could also be the rush of supplements/magnesium on a constipated system.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, maybe I caught up on magnesium. I was pretty drained yesterday. I stayed home from work today, I just needed a day to play hookie (can't even call it a mental health day because I feel okay). I promised myself I'd get things done today though, so I'm helping Hulky out with some summer course follow-up, grocery-getting, and apartment cleaning. We've put away the laundry and tidied up the big bedroom, so that's a start, and I took the trash out this AM barefoot. Ouch. Rocky driveway.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Grocery shopping done. Bedrooms tidied (but still some more cleaning I want to do). Papers acquired for Hulky's summer course. It's only going to cost about $500, so we are just going to pay from savings rather than try to find financial aid for it. I'm printing out his unofficial transcript tomorrow & he should be able to go back later this week to hand everything in and officially sign up. It runs from early June to end of July, IIRC, and the hours are something like 9 AM - 2 PM, two or three times a week. That includes the lab work. I hope he can find a part-time job for the days he's not at class.

I need to bike over to Whole Foods to get frozen pet food for Fae. Both cats are being friendly today, they even sat kind of close to each other with no hissing (one on the floor by the bed, one on the bed). Pumpkin has free reign of the apartment today and is hiding under the big bed (I didn't close off the underneath well enough).

Breakfast was a mango smoothie (almond milk from Trader Joes, frozen mangoes from Trader Joes, maple syrup, collagen hydrosylate, diatomaceous earth). Lunch was leftover sweet potato fries. I will probably make more oatmeal banana "cookies" later. I need to make lunch for this week, probably will be a fried rice thing with chicken & frozen "Asian veggie" mix.

My dad said he'd give us another $500 for the honeymoon after we got back since he has a job now, but still hasn't. I don't want to bring it up, but we could use that money.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 05-05-2014 at 01:21 PM.

It took until the end of the day for me to realize I was anxious all day yesterday! Somehow, the thought pattern just didn't set off alarm bells earlier in the day. By the evening, I was avoiding doing things I needed to (prep lunches, buy food for Fae), feeling like crying, was really unfocused, and hyper-sensitive (emotionally and physically, that's the worst symptom for me and usually a pretty bad sign). To be honest, I ate homemade pizza two days in a row. It was delicious, but it is without a doubt making me break out (on my chest so that's one small wonder) and making my anxiety terrible. I did drag myself out to get frozen meat for Fae and picked myself up some coconut aminos and a kombucha. I forgot to bring the kombucha to work today . We fortunately had leftover stir fried rice from last week in the fridge, so that's my lunch today, but I absolutely must make lunches tonight. I enlisted Hulky to help me be wheat-free for the next week or two. He is good about making me stick to my food plans.

I should take a picture of my supplement shelf for you guys. It's not as full as it used to be, but still pretty crazy. I haven't touched a lot of the contents in months. I don't think I have anything in there that's good for anxiety right now. I guess I could have taken some Eleuthero root.

I biked this morning! It was rough in parts that usually aren't, easier in parts that are usually harder. My new bike seat is much smaller than the old one and it will take some getting used to so I stop trying to sit down in the wrong spot, plus I have to adjust my posture, but it's much more comfortable. I'm not sore at all. If all goes well, I might be able to bike tomorrow and Thursday as well. Hooo wwhhheee but I am a stinky woman and need to wash my cycling jacket tonight. No matter what I eat, I am prone to stinky-ness. The crystal stone deodorant only prevents me from reeking until the end of the day on really sweaty days. Sometimes, I am less fortunate.

sorry you're dealing with anxiety issues........ sounds like a very good reason to swear off glutton completely.

My supplement cupboard is also quite full!!! I think that's what happens when you have troubles and are trying to find a non-medical fix.

Good to hear you're biking again! Nothing like the freedom of being on bike! I've always loved the feeling.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

So Hulky's concussion is still bothering him 2-3 weeks later. He's light sensitive and gets headaches. Yesterday, he hit his head on the corner of a cabinet. Fortunately, his hair is long, so it cushioned the impact and only barely broke the skin, but he felt out of sorts afterwards. I think we need to get him in for an MRI. One of his knees has been hurting a lot for the past couple of months so that probably has to get checked out too.

Fortunately, he's still covered by two insurances (his dad's and mine) until the end of his 26th year, so if we can get the hospital to dual-bill, we shouldn't have to pay much out of pocket. As long as the weather is good and he is feeling okay to drive, he can probably get all of this checked out soon.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    There is a thing called Post-Concussion Syndrome that has these very symptoms. Brady still gets headaches occassionally. PCS can last for up to 6 months post concussion. But if he didn't have a CT scan after his fall, it might be a good idea to have one - just to make sure he doesn't have any significant damage. They did a CT scan after Brady's and showed us there was no bleeding or bruising, but he still gets the occassional headache. They've been less frequent lately - his last one was three (?)weeks ago, I don't exactly recall it's been so long...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

If you feel he is still having troubles from the concussion - don't wait to see the doctor. That's not something to be taken lightly. I would call the doc today and get things moving toward an MRI.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hulky is at risk for a brain aneurysm due to family history, so it's definitely a concern. When he was randomly getting migraines a few years ago (wow, feels weird to realize we've been together that long, over 4 years), he got an MRI and we learned just how crooked his nose is .

I gave him a To Do list today and he's working through it. I forgot that he doesn't have a working phone right now so he can't call the doctor's office. I'll leave him my phone tomorrow.