Page 686 of 797 FirstFirst ... 186586636676684685686687688696736786 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,860 of 7966

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 686

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I think he needs to just buckle down and get this hurdle out of the way. Once it's out of the way, he'll feel less stress and will, theoretically, feel better over all. He's got the plan and the exected outcome figured out. Now he needs to just do the work. It's not fun and it's a headache, and most definitely it's stressful and totally sucks... but he's got to be disciplined and get through if he wants it to go away. He's almost done... so very close. Just a couple of days of suck left and he'll be free (with the exception of Physics). Just tell him "do it to it!"
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    He's still on Wellbutrin and when it comes to everyday things, he's okay. MIGHT need a higher dose, but I don't know. I don't have the energy to deal with this right now, right when I thought things were almost finished and okay. Too much of a stress rollercoaster lately. Definitely explains why I'm not nearly as excited about the certification as I thought I'd be.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

It sucks when someone else's stress sucks the wind right out of your sails, doesn't it? It's so hard to be excited for yourself when someone else is struggling. Chin up. You will see the other side of this mountain soon.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on your certs though!

Hulky broke his phone yesterday. He hated it anyway and fortunately the model he prefers is fairly cheap on eBay. I hope we can get it replaced pretty quickly, I don't like not being able to reach him easily. For the first time ever, I wish we had a home phone!

Nothing much to say right now. I'm exhausted. I have no way of knowing if Hulky is working right now. I put him to work on his last response this AM before I left for work. Once this is done, he has until he graduates (this fall is what we're hoping, I guess) to make up the rest of the work for this class, but obviously he should get it done sooner than that. And we need to start looking for a summer Physics course ASAP.

Pumpkin progress report: I said F it and we gave the cats more face time last night. We closed them both in Pumpkin's room and sat around to watch. Pumpkin went first to the top of the 5-drawer dresser (straight from the floor) and then cornered herself between a chair and the side of the dresser on the floor. Fae just lurked around and hissed occasionally. Fae sniffed some things and settled down on a duffel bag after a while. Pumpkin let Hulky scritch her and then she started to come out from her hiding spot and got on his lap! She does NOT stop moving when you pet her, she was rolling around the whole time. Even when Fae started hissing again, she stayed cozy with Hulky. We let them both roam around Pumpkin's half of the apartment for a few hours. Fae slept on the couch and occasionally hissed at Pumpkin, but there was no real aggressive behavior. I don't think Pumpkin is ready to explore the rest of the apartment yet, but this is really good progress.

It was well-timed too because Hulky was feeling really down in general and esp. about Pumpkin's progress.

Will you keep the cats together from now on then or will you segregate them again? Just curious. I have no idea how to acclimate cats to one another - I guess it would be much like dogs - the one that's been there longest will be alpha and the new member will bow to their greatness after a few pecking order squirmishes. Good luck!

And I hope hulky is about done with that danged homework! What a relief that will be!

Hulky finished stuff for the Incomplete deadline.
    Technology class - done, should get a grade.
    Physics - Withdrawn
    Independant study - will complete over 1 week in Maine, probably during August
    Evolution - achieved Incomplete, now just have to figure out when to finish the rest of the work.

Physics make-up - have to find a compatible class at another university, get it approved, and find financial aid/a loan.

And then a job.

We're keeping the cats separate for now. We'd have to move Fae's litter box if we were going to let her into Pumpkin's side of the apartment fulltime now and she always makes a mess (works best in the corner it's in right now). We'll probably do more integration periods with them until we're ready and Pumpkin's ready to open up the rest of the apartment. I need to clean under the big bed first so when she goes under there (if I can't block it all off to prevent a hiding space), she doesn't come out as a dust bunny.

Story time!

I wear black socks.

It started in college, when I was wearing some kind of boots nearly everyday. There were long stretches of time where I probably DID wear combat boots daily, including one of the summers that I worked full-time at technology help desk. Those were the days...sweating my feet off in 8-eye, steel-toed, black Doc Martens. Sadly, I randomly outgrew them in one semester after not having my foot size change since my mid-teens, but they went to a new home and someone was very glad for how broken in those boots were. I bought some Bates Paratroopers after that and haven't gotten nearly as much wear in those. I have been known to wear combat boots with skirts and dresses. Doc Martens have a more classic look than my trooper boots, but they still work. Well, I think they work anyway. I also have a pair of goth boots. The side zip broke on one of them, so I stitched the zippers up with dental floss and can only wear them if I'm willing to unlace them. They're INCREDIBLY heavy and my feet/legs just aren't used to them anymore. I can't bring myself to throw those ratty beasts out, even though they fit better now than they ever did in college, when I wore them most. I think I bought those for myself during freshmen year.

I also had two pairs of tall boots. Both had side-zips and I think both were Christmas presents from my mom during high school. I've since gotten rid of both pairs. The faux-leather pair had a nice chunky heel and I wore those with many semi-dressy outfits. One toe got crushed in during a concert in college and they were never the same. The other pair were made of black canvas and the feet part was always too big and they rubbed my ankles really badly, no matter what socks I wore. I never wore those very much.

My boyfriend at the time also wore boots frequently. I don't remember what kind of socks I had going into college, but once I was there and realized the functionality of wearing athletic black socks with black boots (they blend in and are pretty protective against rubbing), I bought many pairs. I am still wearing most of the pairs that I bought back then so they are surprisingly robust. Hulky has asked me several times why I have so many black socks and I realized it's just a habit that stuck. I haven't had a need to buy new socks much in recent years, except for ankle socks to wear with sneakers & shorts.

My sister and her fiance are really against having socks show, so they have these little footie socks that don't show over the edge of most shoes. I have always HATED socks like that because they fall off your foot when you're walking around. I get that it's an aesthetic thing, but I really have never cared that much whether they socks are showing or not. I don't usually wear my black socks when my legs are exposed though, I prefer to a minimal look, but the socks don't have to be invisible. Hulky is your "average functional guy", who wears his white socks rolled down in just such a way, no matter what he's got on his legs (except dress pants, he does have black dress socks and some argyle pairs that I bought for him).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Pictures to go with the story!
    The knee-high faux-leather boots, and my freshmen year Halloween costume (Harley Quinn).

The goth boots, circa 2009.

The outfit with which I wore them

I still have that dress, but rarely wear it. I've since cut off the sleeves, but need to fix the edges. (ahaha I just noticed the booze in the background on the dresser. I had forgotten about that! I really liked Captain Morgan Tattoo Rum at the time.)