Page 680 of 934 FirstFirst ... 180580630670678679680681682690730780 ... LastLast
Results 6,791 to 6,800 of 9339

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

Shop Now
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

Yes, good post............ I feel stuck - but more due to circumstances I can't or don't know how to control/alleviate. If I could get the gut issues straightened out I think my whole outlook on health and fitness will change. Its really hard to stay motivated and keep you're eye on the goal when you feel horrible every day.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Yes, good post............ I feel stuck - but more due to circumstances I can't or don't know how to control/alleviate. If I could get the gut issues straightened out I think my whole outlook on health and fitness will change. Its really hard to stay motivated and keep you're eye on the goal when you feel horrible every day.
    I've been there . It still hits me sometimes. The last bit about being honest with ourselves about our motivation and everything is really key for me. The first time I did a Whole30, I did really well. I was 100%, as far as I can remember. Since then, I've never made it so long. The only way I succeeded in some kind of dietary goal for a long time was to truly embrace it as a necessary part of my diet and then only go from meal to meal or day to day. No counting, just accountability per bite. That is honestly easier and less stressful for most people, I think. Now, I have found that the less I commit to something, the easier it is for me to stick to it . It is fortunate that I don't have any true allergies (or severe recations) or it would not be as easy for me! Right now, I want to switch to sweet potatoes again for a while, so I bought some sweet potatoes. I might eat red potatoes tonight. That's okay. Eventually, I'll be where I want to be. I can make those choices in the moment and somehow it makes it easier for me to make the "right" choices more often over time.

Also, I question myself frequently about why I'm doing something "wrong". "I want this cake, why is that? Is it because I didn't eat enough today and am so hungry I would eat anything?" Yes. Note to self: eat breakfast tomorrow. "I want this drink right now and I don't care what it will do to my gut. Is it because I am really stressed about [something]?" Yes. Note to self: take specific steps towards alleviating that problem tomorrow. Enjoy the drink for now . Self-blame doesn't get me anywhere.

The fact is, some people are more comfortable waiting for a better life than they are embracing it. Perhaps that describes all of us at the beginning of the process, but I’ve seen many people over the years self-sabotage their processes because they were (deep down) afraid to be genuinely happy or vibrantly healthy or in charge of their lives. I’m not trying to out anyone here, but I want to also say that if you identify with any of those points you shouldn’t be ashamed. Trust me, the best thing you can do is realize the truth.

Read more: How to Get “Unstuck” | Mark's Daily Apple
    That part really resonated with me.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 04-24-2014 at 11:29 AM.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Totally random and I won't be able to act on this for ages bbuuttttt

I found a new tattoo artist . The artist who did my half sleeve & Fae tattoo is still around and I want to have her do more on me, but not this next one I have planned. It just didn't seem like her style to me, but I don't know, it might still be a good fit. Anyway, there was another artist at that shop who I was going to see in March to start a new piece on my right forearm. Life happened, I had to cancel my consultation. Now that artist is moving to Oregon! Looking around randomly today, I found a shop in another town and there's an artist there whose style I like a lot. I think she might be a good fit for this piece. Good thing I have plenty of time to think about it .
    Journal

Depression Lies

Snuggle Pumpkin was being really friendly this morning!

Banana, oatmeal, and chocolate chip breakfast cookies.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Journal

Depression Lies

Food: I made oatmeal banana chocolate chip breakfast "cookies" this morning. Scroll up for the picture. Definitely too many chocolate chips, I don't like that kind of sweetness in the morning anymore. I used 2 bananas and 3/4 cup oats. I should have smooshed the bananas separately first, then I might have gotten away with only 1. Baked at 350F for 10 min. You can thank TQP for this recipe. I will go without chocolate chips next time and maybe try some coconut shavings. A nice break from my usual oatmeal. I think I might try lightly blending the oats next time to make them smaller. I might also try a little vanilla & a pinch of salt. And I will sprinkle in some gelatin to help them hold together a little better.

Cats: I am 80% certain Pumpkin is mostly Russian Blue. Her coat is not dense in the same way as Baba's cat's coat (who is a Russian Blue), but it's close. She also has the faint striping on her tail that is characteristic of Blues. Pumpkin was super friendly this morning. She was standing on her hind legs to rub her head into my hand when I went to feed her. After she ate a little, she rolled around on the bed and let me pet her more. Fae LOVES the new treats I bought. She tried to bite my fingers just from having the treat dust on them! She actually bit Hulky this morning because he fed her the treat haha. Definitely need to wash our hands after that one. Pumpkin doesn't seem as enamored with them, but she eats them from her food bowl. We combed both of the cats with the flea comb (Pumpkin liked it, so I think we'll start brushing her more often) and I only saw a little dry skin and some hair, nothing small that might look like flea eggs, so I think they're both okay. Pumpkin was puking up her dry food, so we're mixing canned & kibble so she slows down when she eats. No puke last night, so I think she's okay. I can't wait to get her onto raw food, her poo stinks!

DE: I sprinkled diatomaceous earth on the 6x8 shag rug that was in Pumpkin's room, using a flour sifter. With gloved hands, I rubbed it into the carpet, then rolled it up. I'm sure that'll take care of any flea eggs that might be in there. I need to sprinkle some on Pumpkin's bed and a little on her. I rubbed a little into Fae yesterday. I put a teaspoon in some almond milk yesterday and drank it. I think I'll just put it into water from now on and chug it. Maybe at bedtime, with some potato starch. I hope it gives me amazing hair and nails, but we'll find out!

Bike: I didn't bike today. I think I could've, but I didn't want to do two days in a row just yet. I'll hopefully get in 3 days of cycling next week. My hamstrings and glutes are a bit sore on stairs, but I otherwise feel good. My Runkeeper app is really motivating. Since it's the first week, basically everything I do is a "new personal record" . It'll be exciting to see me break those records as I ramp up the cycling. Once I'm able to do 5 days a week comfortably, I'll probably start a Couch to 5k program again.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 03-30-2015 at 06:22 AM.
    Journal

Depression Lies

My mood has been fairly positive the last couple of days. No idea why, but I'm not complaining, especially since I should have had PMS (period started today). I take it as a sign that my hormones are getting sorted out. Perhaps thanks to better digestion over the past 6 weeks? I only took 1 drop of Progest-E per day for the week before I was supposed to get my period. I think I'll try without next cycle.

Despite this, there is some strong anxiety trying to resurface just from the minor involvement of helping Hulky with his schoolwork schedule. I am trying to focus on other things while I am 90% certain he is not doing any work right now at home.

Thinking about moving has gotten me thinking about spring cleaning and trying to make extra money. I hope to do a bunch of tidying and real cleaning at the apartment this weekend. There's a lot of dust that needs to be cleared out, but unfortunately the weather is not going to stay nice enough for open windows. I'm still fairly sure we have nothing worth selling, but I'll see if there are any books in decent condition I could throw on Amazon.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 03-30-2015 at 06:23 AM.
    Journal

Depression Lies

deleted
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 03-30-2015 at 06:23 AM.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Yeah! Good job, Hulky!

Shop Now
    I think if I need a break this weekend, from studying and from Hulky, I might go over to my parents' house and dig around in their attic crawl space. There are boxes in there full of stuff that hasn't moved since my dad finished the attic maybe 14 years ago. That stuff was probably untouched when we moved in too, ~17 years ago. I just feel like uncovering new things. I'll need a dust mask. I can make an inventory of anything I find there and reorganize some of those things so anything they might want to check out is easier to access.

Tomorrow afternoon, Hulky and I are taking my brother out for a very belated birthday dinner & movie (his b.day was in January). We're seeing Captain America again (first time for my bro). Not sure what dinner will be yet. I guess we could make pizza at home, that would probably be cheapest, though there's a $5 pizza place right next to the theater that's pretty good. The movie is a 4:30, it's about 2 hrs long, so I guess we'd see the movie first.
    Journal

Depression Lies