Page 680 of 808 FirstFirst ... 180580630670678679680681682690730780 ... LastLast
Results 6,791 to 6,800 of 8077

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 680

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I am very seriously considering getting the IUD out ASAP and not waiting any longer to try different treatments for this itching problem. It's having a significant impact on my mental health at this point, not to mention dampening my already usually-low sex drive. Worst case scenario, after a few months, I don't feel better, and I can get another one. Best case scenario, my problems are solved and we just have to be diligent with condoms.

I'm supposed to get my period within the next few days, so it might be a good idea to just do it then.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I think that's a good idea. I never did like the IUD thing. Its just wrong to put something foreign in your body like that.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I hope the problem isn't the IUD, but if it is, it seems a quick easy fix. Good luck!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, your issues did seem to start with the IUD.

Tomi, My experience with the copper IUD has been very good. Much better than putting dangerous hormones into my body or risking an unwanted pregnancy.

I really love the idea of the IUD. I got it in late September and the problems started by early November, so it seems likely it's the IUD. I wish there was another convenient, easy (doesn't require me to do much or anything), non-permanent, & hormone-free option!

I've been reading some stories similar to mine that are giving me some hope that the itch will go away upon removal (or shortly after). Mostly, it's people saying they had this problem and then had it removed, with no diagnosis, only the doctors saying what it's not (BV or yeast). I think maybe those people had DIV, like I do. The other thought is that it's a mild copper allergy. Most descriptions I found online of copper allergy and how it manifests for IUD users is that they have skin problems. My gyn has said the DIV is essentially a vaginal tissue ("skin") condition.

I scheduled the removal for May 2nd. The doctor's office said it doesn't matter if I have my period or not, so I'm just hoping my flow will be fairly light at that point, assuming it's on time. I would have scheduled it for this week, but I don't want to go when my flow is heaviest.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    My answer to BC once the baby years are over is the old "snip snip" for the man. But, when you're young......and babies are yet to come you just have to find what works best for you. I'm sorry the IUD seems to be the cause of your problems since it is an easy form of BC. Condoms and spermicidal gel is messy and inconvenient - but pretty much fool-proof if you're 100% compliant with using them.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Condoms have a failure rate of 18%. The numbers I learned in high school were much more reliable, but I'm inclined to trust more recent data. That's a scary failure rate. The IUD is only 0.8%! With a condom, in case of failure, my only option is emergency contraceptive, which is a fairly big hormone dose. I've used it several times in the past and the emotional-hormonal response is really awful for me. I'd almost rather go back on birth control pills, if it weren't for the potential mood-altering effects and migraines that I experienced in the past. Maybe I'll check out the NuvaRing, even though it has hormones.

It mostly sucks because we might not have kids for another 5 years. That's potentially a lot of $$ spent on condoms, as opposed to a $20 co-pay for the IUD! :P It might even be free now under most insurance, since it's an FDA approved form of birth control.

Today's silver-lining: Hulky has been having some positive interactions with Pumpkin, I got free lunch at work, and I have lunch already made for tomorrow here in the fridge so I won't have to transport it if I bike tomorrow.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    No advice, just commiseration: contraception is pretty awful.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

kmarie is offline Senior Member
    You could also look into natural family planning and use back up methods during your fertile times.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by kmarie View Post
    You could also look into natural family planning and use back up methods during your fertile times.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    I like this idea, but it's been fairly ingrained in me that it's a very unsafe method. I will have to do more reading on it. Seems like the "authorities" always say it's unsafe while individual people swear by it.