Page 680 of 785 FirstFirst ... 180580630670678679680681682690730780 ... LastLast
Results 6,791 to 6,800 of 7850

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 680

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hulky is having a hard time not feeling rejected by Pumpkin. He keeps saying, "She likes you better already," to which I say, "You need to be more patient and spend more time with her!" If she's on top of her little cat tower, he'll walk right over, slowly, with his hand extended. She runs under the bed. I sit on the far end of the bed, and move over a foot or two every 5 sec or so, as long as she looks calm and isn't staring at me. I don't look at her while I'm moving. I'll make little pss pss pss noises while I'm doing it and talk softly to her. I'll slowly extend my hand after I'm close and she's still calm. She'll sniff my hand and usually start rolling around and rubbing her head on my hand. Then I can actually pet her. I've gone over this with him so many times and he is just too impatient to be consistent with it. It's only been two weeks!

Poor Fae got some gross nodule on the back of her neck where we applied the Advantage. I hope it goes away, otherwise I don't be able to apply another treatment next month. Fleas suck. We need to wash the sheets and vacuum the mattress in there (outside of the bedroom of course). I think I'll look for diatomaceous earth this weekend.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Oh haha oops now I feel like a jerk. Hulky called the nurses station at his doctor's office and they said his increased irritability is from the concussion. He should be feeling better within a week.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    The approach you use with pumpkin also works with shy dogs and I think with kids! It's best not to look at either just be near them with calm energy, eventually they get curious and come and check you out. My terrier will always back away if she thinks you "want" her. She comes to sit on my lap because I never try and get her to. My son laments that she won't jump up on his lap, I tell him that's because he's trying to get her to do it.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

I'm gonna profess some love for my body because I'm mean to it sometimes and it deserves more respect.

When I was a meatless twig, I loved my legs because I felt like they were long and slim. For a long time, they were the only thing I loved I about my body. Now they are fatter and have more muscle and I love them. They get me where I need to go. They retain muscle pretty well. I hate how they look when I wear bathing suits, but love how they look when I'm wearing underwear (especially my butt). Does anyone else feel that way? It doesn't seem to matter what the swimsuit cut is, they never look as good.

I have, I think, an excellent frame to become an athlete of some kind. I used to hate how wide my shoulders are, but now I love them. When I put on muscle, I love their shape. They soften at the edges, but to me, they look stronger, and less boxy. I can't wait to see how my shoulders and arms look as I eventually get closer to doing a pull-up. These are the hardest muscles for me to maintain, but well worth it!

I love that my eyes are not a set color. At the optometrist two weeks ago, he looked up close at them and asked me what color I'd call them. They usually appear green & hazel, but up close, have some gray and blue. I call them "chameleon", because they definitely change depending on my hair color and what I'm wearing. (Funny enough, Hulky's eyes are similar.)

My butt is bigger than last year. I found out for sure this morning when I put on my padded cycling shorts and they were a little more snug than I remember. This might change as I start cycling (it'll either compact or get larger), but I have no problems with it. I've been amassing clothes that actually fit me, rather than feeling upset about having clothes that don't. It seems silly to hold onto things that aren't right for my body. I'd rather do right by me than by the clothes. I swapped out and gotten rid of several pairs of pants this year in favor of ones that fit me now. Money may cause me stress, but it's just money. My body and comfort is more important.

You know, I totally forgot that I had gotten my belly button pierced 3 years ago. It never healed right. My piercer said I could try again if I wanted, but it was painful for a while and I had to be really careful with it. I'm not sure it's the right piercing for me, but I did think it looked pretty cute. I had wanted to get it as a treat for losing 10-15 lbs (when I went primal). I remember I was not totally satisfied with the weight loss at the time and now I can't imagine why!

Probably the only picture of the piercing. You can't even really see it. Sometimes I lament over my belly not being as flat as too many advertisements have lead me to believe is ideal. I was never a magazine reader really, but it still creeps into the psyche over time. A part of me still believes that being a meatless twig would be most beautiful, but I choose to focus on strength now. I like being active, being able to move. It's never something I did much of before or enjoyed!

I'm very proud of how far I've come in the past 3 years. There are always low spots, but overall, I think I've improved my body image a lot. Even buzzing my hair last year was good for my self-esteem. I felt a lot more comfortable with my face during that time. I feel less comfortable with it now and am torn between keeping it very short and continuing to grow it out. I'd like to get back to a length like this or longer.

(I am wearing that same dress & shirt today haha)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad you loved on your body. There are little spots on my body I appreciate and I don't appreciate them often enough. For instance, I love my forearms and neck. And my eyes do the same color changing thing. Brad loves them and is super excited that Makenna's are the same. They're green on "happy days" and closer to brown on not so happy days. Makenna's are a mix of green and blue. Brad's and Brady's are straight up blue - nothing else.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    very good exercise......... we should all practice doing this on a daily basis. As women we all tend to beat ourselves up too much!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    Agreed. Nice exercise. Maybe I should do one to see if it'll shock me out of this funk! That and sun. It's finally getting nice and warm in Korea.

Good to hear about Hulky--not the concussion of course! But that he should be doing better soon and hopefully his irritation is just a temporary side effect. How is he with just sitting in pumpkin's room while he's chillen at home?

I don't think he's been doing that, RR. I've been encouraging it, but he is mostly being a mope at his computer all day . Right now, he's waking up feeling awful from the concussion, so I've been feeding Pumpkin. She was cute & chirpy this morning, dancing away from me, but clearly interested in the food I was holding. She jumped around on the bed last night while I was trying to sleep (Hulky stayed up late, stupid head)!

So that should tell you that I did not sleep well last night. Stress? Diet? WTFIDK? It's been at least two weeks since I had natural, solid sleep. I forgot to take 2 Benadryl last night (only took 1). I'm going to have to put it somewhere easier for me to remember. I'd rather be tired and groggy all day but actually sleep at night than wake up bored and uncomfortable several times, just listening to the cat scratch herself. I also keep forgetting to try taking the potato starch again. I have run out of the NOW probiotics with SBOs.

I ordered some diatomaceous earth, a flea comb (don't know if Pumpkin likes being brushed/combed, but I guess we'll find out), and some special treats that are apparently good for getting rid of bugs on cats/dogs. They are made from liver, too, so very nutritious. All this should arrive tomorrow.

Oh yes, clearly I made it home from work via bike yesterday. Yay! I managed to hit a ton of green lights and made my BEST time ever cycling home! What a nice way to start the season. I took the car today so as not to push it and am hoping to bike again tomorrow.

Hella grumpy today.

From the "raw vegan" thread in the Nutrition forum. Not really directed towards this quote, it just got me rambling.

Quote Originally Posted by CaveBug View Post
    Also, don't feel bad. So v*gan didn't work out for you. That's fine, you found something that did work for you. I have had v*gan/veggie friends and it always sounds like, "well if I just do it harder, be more pure, then symptom xyz will disappear." It is food, not a religion, at least it shouldn't be. Your personal nutrition isn't something any amount of self flagellation will fix.

You owe it to yourself to say, "you know what, I tried it, learned some stuff, took what I like, added what is uniquely my own, and moved on to something new." Don't obsess over a different body's response to a different diet.
    This is something that a lot of people refuse to apply to ALL diets. This is going off-track, but why should this not apply to Primal as well? I'm sure I've said it myself in the past, but I've seen people come on to the forums and say "here is what I'm doing but I don't feel great, what is wrong?" to be told "Do primal better." Maybe there ARE things that this person could change, but seriously, if you felt fine before, why change it? The thing that leads MOST people to do Primal and other diets is because they DON'T feel great. If Primal doesn't net the results you want, change something. Don't do Primal, do your own diet. Try different things and don't feel bad for it.

I also see people "fail" Primal over and over. While yes, you can make arguments about willpower and all that, maybe that means the right diet for that person is NOT the one they keep failing. A good diet should leave someone healthy, happy, and unstressed about food or their body, IMO. Go Kaleo is all about eating what works for YOU. Sure, maybe you can go to therapy and work on your commitment issues with a diet or something, but why not find a diet that works for your health instead of trying to make yourself fit the diet? I'm not saying overeat sweets and junk food, I'm saying find a diet that lets you eat enough amazing & delicious that the occasional treat is not going to ruin your day, hour, week, or life. And DON'T rule out seeking professional help from doctors of any kind. I know I'm not the best example of doing that, but I enjoy my diet explorations at this point.

I do feel like a hypocrite for sticking around here much of the time. I'm not really primal. I'm probably more in line with WAPF stuff now, which is still "ancestral". Even so, just as I don't care to pick a name to assign to my sexuality, I don't really care to call my diet anything other than "what I eat".
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 04-23-2014 at 06:18 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am very seriously considering getting the IUD out ASAP and not waiting any longer to try different treatments for this itching problem. It's having a significant impact on my mental health at this point, not to mention dampening my already usually-low sex drive. Worst case scenario, after a few months, I don't feel better, and I can get another one. Best case scenario, my problems are solved and we just have to be diligent with condoms.

I'm supposed to get my period within the next few days, so it might be a good idea to just do it then.