Page 679 of 776 FirstFirst ... 179579629669677678679680681689729 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,790 of 7757

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 679

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'll bet more of that exam prep is sinking in then you might think. Just prepping flash cards is a material review in itself. Fingers crossed, hope you ace it!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Positive thinking is always to your benefit when its test time. Go in there telling yourself you know the material and you're gonna kill it!

You can do this, Tasha!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Good Luck NW. You can do it!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck, Tasha!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Thank you to all of my cheerleaders . First exam = passed. What a relief. Hulky offered to come with me to the exam center when I told him how nervous I was feeling over the weekend. If I focused on the material in front of me, I felt fine (if a bit frustrated), but if I thought of the actual exam, my stomach would clench up and I felt like crying. The exam didn't take me long. I'll take a few days off and then resume studying for the second exam later in the week. I feel a lot more confident about the second one, both because I passed the first and the second would is covering material that I mostly already knew.

My stomach/gut have been kind of a wreck for the past few days. Off-track food and stress are definitely factors. I just had some kielbasa for lunch because I failed to prepare anything. I'll get some groceries tonight and try to plan out some meals. Since I want to switch to sweet potatoes to try a lazy autoimmune protocol (I'll cut out other things as I go), I need to think about other forms of RS to include in my diet. Nothing is quite as easy as potatoes/potato starch.

The weather is lovely today and should be fairly nice for the rest of the week. I plan on going cycling after work today and doing a cycling commute at least once this week.

We picked up some dry food for Snuggle Pumpkin this weekend. She hasn't been eating all of her food consistently and she needs to put on weight. She went straight for the dry food this morning, so she must be more used to that than canned from her past life. We'll come up with a mix of both once she reaches a healthier body composition to maintain and then I might see about switching her to raw. No rush though. She is getting more friendly and more adventurous, so we'll probably be halving the apartment soon so she can explore. I think we'll get better sleep too, since she'll be able to play in another room. The cats really want to meet, coming closer to the door when Hulky and I rush in and out from Pumpkin's room, but I don't think it's a good idea yet.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I knew you'd do great on the test!!! Congrats!!

I'm happy to hear the new kitty is getting more comfortable in her new home.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Blacksmith is online now Senior Member
    Congrats! What certs are you taking?

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Haha well Snuggle Pumpkin is apparently doing a lot of hiding in her newly expanded exploratory space. I had to soothe Hulky and remind him that it took 2 weeks for her to warm up this much just in one room, so it's going to be at least a few days for her to get used to having room to roam. She was hiding behind my computer earlier. He just needs to let her take things on her own time right now.

I am working towards CompTIA A+ certification right now. After that, I figure Network+ and Security+. I might go for Cisco things after that, but I guess that depends on where things are job-wise. We'd like to move out of MA later this year, and that's currently dependent on what work I can find. I just did a quick browse on Craigslist and Monster and found nothing appealing or that I am remotely qualified for (beyond what I'm doing right now). I want to move into network/server administrator stuff, but don't have much experience in that area so I think it'd be hard to get hired as anything other than a help desk flunky.

Urgh, what a rough night.

First Hulky kept me up with his rolling around. Then Pumpkin kept me up playing under the bed. Then she puked up her dinner, so I cleaned that up. Then all I could hear was her scratching a bunch. I'm worried about that. She didn't scratch hardly at all before she had the flea treatment (over a week ago). I finally moved to the other bed, but still didn't sleep much/well. I had several bad dreams, all way too real.

Did I mention Hulky got a concussion on Friday night? Yeah. So he's extra tired/cranky and feeling groggy. He just cannot catch a break.

We "lost" Pumpkin for a bit yesterday after letting her out to explore the front half of the apartment (well, more than half, with enclosed porch/computer area, living room, dining room, plus her bedroom). We let Fae in after looking around hoping she might spook the cat out of hiding. She didn't find Pumpkin, but I did, hiding behind a closed door of the TV stand. I forgot those compartments don't have backs. She shot off to her room and we closed her in there again. She was back to her increasingly-friendly self in a couple of hours. She even jumped onto the bed and head-butted my elbow before hiding under the bed. I think if we let her out to explore the larger apartment area, we're just going to have to leave her alone for a few days so she can acclimate. I don't know if she's ready, but Hulky is too impatient right now to deal with her. I am trying to be patient and encouraging with him, but it's frustrating.

I biked to work this morning. It was rough, but I'm sure I'll get back into it pretty quickly. I forgot that I might be able to pick up my new glasses today. Hopefully I can get home after work, grab the car, and go get them, assuming they arrive today.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Congrats on passing test #1

Sounds as if Pumpkin will be a fabulous cat friend.