Page 674 of 776 FirstFirst ... 174574624664672673674675676684724774 ... LastLast
Results 6,731 to 6,740 of 7757

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 674

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Jenn, thanks for that. Feral definitely has a huge negative connotation which is why we were pissed about it. That is also probably why the shelter didn't use the term. The shelter did not catch her, some rescue organization in Virginia did, and then she got sent to MA for some reason. Pumpkin doesn't hiss or growl, just crawls away to small spaces, so you're probably right. She's not truly feral, but could have been if she'd been there longer (or maybe had a different disposition).

Thanks Zanna. Pumpkin is coming out a lot at night (she was clawing at a box last night and kept me from falling asleep), but she will explore during the day if we hang out and stay relatively still. She walked across Hulky's legs (on the bed) the other day when he was in there reading. She's definitely progressing. I'll tell Hulky to walk softer when he's in the room and maybe we won't try any petting for now, just keeping company.

We have to get the rug out of there to vacuum so fleas don't make a home ><.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

kmarie is offline Senior Member
    Her ear being clipped tells she was a feral cat, at least that's what they do in my area when they sterilize stray/feral cats.
    You can try food grade DE both internally & externally for the fleas/worms. Also, sprinkle where the cats sleep.
    Check out a site called wolfcreekranch for some good info on DE.
    Best of luck w your new kitty
    K

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Ps.....DE's super cheap and you can sprinkle on the rug and vacuum up some so it's also working in the vac canister/bag.
    K

http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/di...rth_fleas.html

You can usually buy it at your local hardware store for $10/gallon.

Just look for food grade NOT the pool stuff.

Nameless Wonders: One year later - Boston Marathon Bombing

This is all too real today. I feel emotionally fragile. I wish I was home.

After work yesterday, I went cycling and logged 8.3 miles. That is very close to a whole day's commute, so I'm nearly ready to start! I'd like to log at least one more trip that's a little further, or at least the whole commute (8.6 miles? I think?) before I start to bicycle to work. I might just start with 3 days a week. My legs feel great, not really sore at all. I could have gone farther yesterday, but it was VERY gusty out and I was annoyed at having to fight through the wind. I'm amazed at how well my body has picked this back up.

Hulky made pizza from scratch with his mom's help. They came out perfect! Definitely the best he's made yet. I had several slices. I've been eating a bit of wheat every few days lately. It definitely makes my gut gurgle more than other foods, but my response isn't bad with my digestion behaving as well as it is. I think I am getting a few pimples (on my body, not my face) in response though. Hulky's mom's half had onions & mushrooms, ours has pepperoni and mushrooms. C came over and had pizza too, then Hulky and C did physics together.

I got almost all of the dishes cleaned up before bed, but was too tired and forgot about making lunch.

I took both Theanine Serene and Benadryl last night. I had two nightmares. I woke up at some point in the night feeling overheated, it was very warm last night. This morning, I was pretty groggy.

Too bad the nice weather isn't going to last. It's rainy today. It's going to cool off a bit for the rest of the week. I hope I don't have to turn the heat back on.

I need to get more rice milk and oatmeal tonight. If it's not rainy after work, I can bike over to Trader Joes with a backpack.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 04-15-2014 at 06:14 AM.

cycling 2013.png

Fitocracy doesn't have a great interface for looking at past activities. This was my cycling to and from work last year. At the left end is a longer trip I did when I was "training". I don't remember that trip. At the right end are the trips I've taken this season. Actually, it only shows yesterday's trip. I guess it didn't sync with RunKeeper for the 6.3 mile trip last week.

Females issues update: I've been using the probiotic I picked up (as a vaginal suppository) for 4-5 nights. I think it might be improving things. I'm definitely less itchy than last week. I hope my gyno doesn't think I'm crazy for trying this. i want to keep using it for a full week, maybe two or even longer, to see if symptoms continue to improve. I'd like to get the "next step" from the gyno though, to use in case this doesn't actually work, so I can start that whenever I'm ready.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 04-15-2014 at 08:34 AM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Muscle memory is why you have bounced back so quickly. Your body adapted last summer and remembers how to do it now.

PS, great blog post.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Gee - I hope that muscle memory kicks in for me when I get back in gear and start exercising again!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I've never really had muscle memory before, but I've never been as active as I was last summer either! I really didn't think about it much at the time, it became "routine" to bike to work. Until I fell out of the routine with the move to the new apartment.

Poor Hulky. The depression is stable with the Wellbutrin, but we found out today that he is not yet ready to go to appointments on his own. He had a counseling session scheduled for today and was going to go into Boston by himself. He felt like he was going to puke as he got ready to leave the house. I don't know how to help him. I am afraid I'll run out of PTO before we can get this all in order. I think he REALLY needs to find a counselor nearby so it's not such a trek to talk to someone, and visit them weekly for a bit. We also need him to go back to his regular doc next week for another Lorazepam refill and say a) it's helping him sleep but b) he has anxiety attacks when trying to go to school (for counselling sessions or meetings) on his own. I will likely have to take him to that doctor's appointment. He is nowhere near being caught up enough with school work for Incompletes before the end of the month. Just about 2 weeks left... I feel like I've been coping okay, but the stress of this whole situation is catching up with me today. I don't know how to help him any more than I am right now.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    oh man.......... that's tough. Has he always had this sort of anxiety or is this something new? Don't try to carry too much of the responsibility yourself....... that will only make you stressed and anxious too. I hope it all works out very soon...... hugs!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.