Page 669 of 807 FirstFirst ... 169569619659667668669670671679719769 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,690 of 8068

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 669

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I guess I'd be a great old one. I've been here 4.5 years.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Side effect of the Wellbutrin

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    AW - yes -- that will do it.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member

Snuggle Pumpkin is spending less time under the bed when we're the room, but still hides we enter, exit, or try to pet her. Sometimes she'll let us scritch her a little when she's in her favorite box under the bed. Slow progress but progress nonetheless.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I guess I'd be a great old one. I've been here 4.5 years.
    4.5 years, wow a positive relic then....

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Snuggle Pumpkin is spending less time under the bed when we're the room, but still hides we enter, exit, or try to pet her. Sometimes she'll let us scritch her a little when she's in her favorite box under the bed. Slow progress but progress nonetheless.
    Not really a cat person, but that one is a cute little bugger, keep at it you'll get there! Whats the names of the ones to the right and just behind....

^Hahah you know, we never thought to name Hulky's bunny slippers, but it's totally something we would do. I'll get back to you on that. Those poor slippers are flattened inside from only 4 months of wear. He loves them though, he's never had slippers before. Oh crap, I just remembered I had planned on getting him a bathrobe for his birthday, but I've already bought concert tickets (for next month) and a sweatshirt for a game he likes. Maybe an anniversary present in July :P

The weather is really starting to turn around here. The magnolia trees are prepping for a second bloom. My allergies are getting worse. It's all lovely . The temperature dipped a bit low last night and the heat turned on, but we're getting pretty regular temperatures at least in the mid-50's most days. It's supposed to be in the 70's on Monday!

Once again, I tell myself perhaps I can go out for a spin on the bicycle after work today... I reminded myself this morning that not starting to exercise as soon as I meant to does not mean I've failed. Every attempt is a good thing. Every trip, no matter how far apart from the last one, is a step towards fitness and good habits. I haven't been working at the pull-up bar much this week, but I can still see an improvement in the turn of my shoulders and my posture. One day at a time. I've found a daily approach is easier better for me than trying to keep track over longer periods of time. This way, I don't feel like I've failed and I feel more encouraged to continue.

My weekend plans are shaping up, I think. I should be spending Saturday night with my sister and her fiancÚ. I'm nervous, I don't hang out with her that often anymore and feel awkward with her fiancÚ. I don't know him well so his sense of humor tends to catch me off guard. I don't like feeling like people are making fun of me. I think they want to take me out for drinks, which should make things easier, but of course my gut will end up a mess. Oh well.

Female issues: 2 nights of probiotic treatment. No change.

Appointment for allergy meds has been scheduled for Monday. I'm hoping to get Flonase and some kind of pill.

Oh my gourde, my head is so itchy. My scalp has been out of sorts since London (wow, we were there a month ago). I used the hotel shampoo & conditioner while we were there. I started using my Yes to Cucumber SLS-free shampoo and conditioner when we got home. It goes something like this: day 1 - shampoo & condition, day 2 - avoid getting wet, day 3 - water only, day 4 - water only but consider conditioner, day 5 - probably shampoo & condition again because it's too grungy, or conditioner only and full of regret. I don't know if it's just timing, maybe my hair is too long now to get away with the lazy water-only washing I was doing for so long. I can't seem to get out of the washing cycle. It just gets too gross, more gross than it ever was before I started trying to do no-shampoo stuff over a year ago. My head has never had all these itching problems before either! I am not sure if I need to do some kind of deep clean or deep condition. Maybe both.

I am trying to remain hopeful that today is not actually a really bad day.

Hulky is somewhat despondent today. I think it's just from not getting enough sleep lately. He slept better last night, but not enough to make up for 3 nights of insomnia.

I am having the urgency symptoms indicative of a UTI, as of this morning. No other symptoms. It could be muscular, as I've had this problem before (feel like I need to pee, but really don't, no other symptoms), but it's bad enough that I am seriously distracted and kind of just want to cry about it. Pressure on my bladder makes me feel like I'm going to piss myself, though I won't because it's empty. I took a walk and it felt so much worse. Squatting is comfortable, though I can't do that at my desk. I could not think of a good excuse to leave work and curl up miserably at home. I need to reserve my PTO for helping Hulky anyway. I got an appointment for tomorrow AM with my doctor. Maybe I can talk about the allergy stuff then too. I hope it's just a UTI.

The shelter called & Snuggle Pumpkin's stool tests came back positive for tapeworms. LOVELY. I got an appointment at a different vet's office (my usual place for Fae is booked out for months on Saturdays) for early Saturday afternoon. Hopefully the paperwork gets mailed in time for the appointment, otherwise they can't give her any medication. I found some over-the-counter stuff online with good reviews, but I don't want to take any chances since we just got her. This should be a one-time thing, since she won't be an outdoor cat and neither is Fae. Fortunately, their separate litter boxes means Fae is safe.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Our dog used to get worms when they were outside in the grass all the time. Over the counter stuff that you pour on the food has always been helpful. If you follow the directions, you should be fine. Our vet recommended it over paying the high price for prescription.

Ref her hiding... have you thought about moving her 'safe box' out from under the bed? Maybe if she has her safe place moved, she'll be more inclined to stay out? My thinking is that she'll still go to that box b/c that's her safe place, but you'll be able to approach her more frequently without cornering her (under the bed). I really have no experience with this and am just throwing ideas out there. Our cat warmed up really quickly (she was maybe 4-5 months old when we got her). Her safe place was her crate with a towel the shelter gave us that was in her bed at the shelter (smelled like her and the shelter, so it was familiar to her).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

We moved the box once and she found a new place to hide. I think we'll start moving the box eventually, but it seems too early right now. I want her to feel like she has an escape route when she wants it. Her blanket from the shelter is in the cat cave (cat furniture I bought for Fae but she never uses), and Pumpkin will go in there sometimes, but she likes the box under the bed best, with the faux-lamb's wool fabric from the shelter. Maybe we'll move the faux-lamb's wool into the cat cave and get rid of the box.

Catching her to put her into the carrier on Saturday is going to be tricky. All her shelter notes indicated she is very shy, but very loving once she warms up to you, so I think it's just going to take some time. Her coming out to play and explore is progress. Maybe treating her for the worms will help!

http://namelessw0nder.blogspot.com/2...oon-day-6.html

Just one more honeymoon post left to get up! I can't believe it's been a month.

In 2 weeks, I could get my hair trimmed. I'll wait and see how it grows out. So far, I don't feel like it needs a trim, but I think I want the back shorter soon.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Will you buzz it again? That was a good look for you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)