Page 66 of 751 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166566 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 66

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ah, your journal reminds me of my youth when Dumb-as-a-Stump and I were living in Attleboro or Framingham or somewhere. He quit his job in a huff and was commuting to CT to work at his old place, I couldn't find a decent job after getting my master's and was working as a temp in the financial district. Always working, always broke. Ah, good times!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Boyfriend did his working, 3 years in the Army, commitment ended when he got broken and they realized after he was done with his first 3 year commitment (was supposed to be 8) that he was too broken to be called back. Now he goes to school & gets money every month (of the school year) for living near the city, which pays for rent & he has a good amount leftover (but did not start saving up soon enough for a good cushion). Problem is, the VA (Veteran Affairs) office hasn't been paying promptly and keeps messing up the payments so he hasn't been getting enough. He's going to have to find a job for the summer to cover rent, and I'm quite nervous that he won't find anything or will refuse to take the more menial jobs (like grocery stores, which he did in high school) because of his stupid pride.

We'll cross that bridge when we get there. For now, we are afloat.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I'm struggling with budgeting because I'm not seeing an immediate OH WOW response to giving up my fancy foods and the book habit. Most of my problem is that my bills are front-loaded on the first paycheck and I also cleared out a couple that I've been putting off. Next paycheck should be more impressive. However, I think the effect snowballs once it gets under way. That's what I'm telling myself anyway

According to my parents, the gub'ment was without a doubt their worst client. They NEVER paid their bills on time. Good luck with them?

Can you stop and pick up just a pound of ground chuck on the way home (if you're not already there)? It should only set you back a couple of bucks, and I know I feel better with red meat. Lately I've been crumbling it into the frying pan, browning it, and then scrambling it with eggs. Veggies and herbs/spices are optional.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    -I'm making due (do?) with the clothes I have and (at least) thinking about how I can use my meager crafting/sewing skills to change things up without spending anything.

Check out 365 days. 365 items of clothing. 365 dollars

New Dress a Day

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by validboy10 View Post
    You shouldn't need to cool the eggs. If you want, you can run some cold water over them to make them easier to handle. Otherwise, I just crack them, roll them and the shell kind of peels off in relatively few pieces.

Hmm, as an egg- connoisseur, I'm going to advise against that. adding vinegar to the cooking water will help with peeling, as will using eggs that are a few days old. Eggs continue to cook after removing them from hot water, forming nasty-smelling green-ringed yolks. if you peel them right away, not only will they be too hot, they won't last as long in the fridge.
    Last edited by Rasputina; 01-12-2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: mind re-meld

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Cute emo photo
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

You guys are sweet. I might have more emo photos to share, but not for this page of the thread heh. I like to mix things up... Uh..or so I've decided to say right now.

On to the report!

Food: Yesterday was meager pickings and we ordered out again (maki rolls for me). That's more rice than I'd like to have during the average week, but I'm giving myself a pass because it's been a rough time with the stress and all. Plus it's not like I can't stand to gain a little weight. My budget is also not happy about this, but I do what I can. When can I win one of those contests I sign up for every day so I can pay off all my student loans in one fell swoop? Aaaaaanyway, after I ate I perked up a little and made some ground beef & veggies all mixed up with olive oil. It smelled amazing, but it was bed time. I had one container (with 1/2 lb of beef) for breakfast and the other is for lunch! I thought about looking for the sun, but it was cloudy and I'm not sure which was is east, heh. Dinner might be pickings from boyfriend's mom's stew, but I don't know.

Sleep: I was out before 11, I'm sure, which means I definitely got enough sleep. I was still VERY groggy and tired this morning, but not exhausted and run down like yesterday. If I can manage a few more nights of proper sleep in a row, I will be in good shape, but it's making that a habit that's the hard part.

Boyfriend: His surgery was this morning. He called me (at my insistence) when he was out and sounded alert and happy. They did something to the nerves in his arm that will take 24 hrs to wear off, so he can't move his arm except his thumb. Pretty cool way to manage pain without pills and prevent him from doing any damage immediately after the procedure! Science is cool. He texted me a little later and said he was going to sleep (stayed up all night). I sincerely hope he can get on a normal sleep schedule next week so he doesn't miss classes! I'm so glad that everything seems to have gone well with the surgery though.

Dad: My dad had a heart attack right before Thanksgiving last year and apparently his recent EKG came back indicating that his heart function is very good and "very near to normal". Relieving to hear, though I still worry about my family suddenly getting concerned about "lean" food. I have given myself enough distance so that I don't have to stress myself out hearing about their "heart healthy" attempts. Must do laundry this weekend though...

Symptoms: I'm pretty much convinced that the post nasal drip and congestion is environmental now. I haven't had a runny nose for at least several days, so it's unlikely that this is leftover from the cold I had last week. Once I get to start taking my big probiotics regularly (keep forgetting to even take the little ones I have, but the stuff that's coming is in powder form), if I don't see a difference, I will try out some OTC options again. I just want my nose to feel clear!

I'm going back to my rarely implemented rule of "no MDA on weekends" so I'll see y'all Tuesday. Saturday I think I will get my bangs trimmed & buy some loose leaf tea. Sunday I will do laundry and work on my brother's birthday present (punk-ish vest of mine that needs some fixing). Monday I get to go play laser tag for my brother's birthday party, but I will eat beforehand so the pizza and cupcakes are less tempting. And somewhere in there I will get groceries and continue to make boyfriend eat good food (somewhat) against his will.

HarpLady is offline Member
    Is that Rob Schneider or Giorgio A. Tsoukalos from Ancient Aliens? Or Rob doing an imitation of Giorgio? : D
    Terri the Harp Player
    www.harpsinger.net

Wherever you go, there you are!

Giorgio, apparently. Haha I've seen that meme (ALIENS) around, but didn't know what it was from. The more you know...