Page 656 of 768 FirstFirst ... 156556606646654655656657658666706756 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,560 of 7678

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 656

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    I'm not sure what I'm feeling today. I'm exhausted on all counts. I slept poorly, Hulky didn't sleep at all. I gave him 5-HTP last night and while it definitely perked him up, he didn't sleep. I guess I won't experiment with him anymore. We just have to wait it out until Thursday and talk to his doctor. The Wellbutrin seems to be working less and less, his body adapts to medications too quickly. I think I might get him Valerian root, though, to see if it helps him get some decent sleep.

I can't tell if this depression, anxiety, or what. I don't know what to do about it either.

My gums are bugging me today. I just have to tough it out until my dentist appointment on Saturday.

Females issues - The doc said come back when my period is over. I started crying when I told the nurse my period had been a week late due to stress. I really did not want to talk about Hulky and all that. They were nice about it, at least.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I made a realization today about where I want to go with my career. I like helping people hands-on with computers, but I don't like watching queues and being forced to work on what's there instead of what I want. I suppose my own business is the only way I'd really have that control and that's not going to happen. Instead, I'd like to work more with the backend processes, like servers & networking. I think I'm done being a front desk tech.

I also decided that I will give one more round of treatments a chance for my female issue, but if it doesn't work, I'm getting the IUD removed to see if that helps. I'll be mad regardless of the outcome of removing the IUD. I don't want to lose it, but I also don't want it to be the cause. Time to buy some stock in Trojan?
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 03-25-2014 at 08:07 AM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    It's too bad Hulky won't take the VA help seriously. They have programs specific to veterans with depression and anxiety - and it's free... as disabled veteran, he's entitled to free health care through the VA... that includes all forms of treatment - cold, flu, serious illness, chiropractic, mental health. He should really take advantage of it. (I think it depends on his disability rating - it might only be 30% and above that get EVERYTHING for free, but I'm willing to bet they offer mental health counselling and med management to ALL veterans given the rate of veteran suicides and their desires to tackle that).

Re: 5-htp - I thought you weren't supposed to take that with an antidepressant...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Have you considered the possibility that rubbing the progesterone on your gums might be adding to your issues. I have never heard of doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    It's too bad Hulky won't take the VA help seriously. They have programs specific to veterans with depression and anxiety - and it's free... as disabled veteran, he's entitled to free health care through the VA... that includes all forms of treatment - cold, flu, serious illness, chiropractic, mental health. He should really take advantage of it. (I think it depends on his disability rating - it might only be 30% and above that get EVERYTHING for free, but I'm willing to bet they offer mental health counselling and med management to ALL veterans given the rate of veteran suicides and their desires to tackle that).

Re: 5-htp - I thought you weren't supposed to take that with an antidepressant...
    He's only at a 10% rate. Could get more, but doesn't want to deal with the VA. He's very stubborn about it. I don't know what it would take to have him give up that grudge.

Like most supplements, combining amino acids & anti-depressants are loaded with "consult your doctor before use together". I ignore those almost 100% of the time. I'm pretty sure they give that warning to every supplement. That's not to say it isn't warranted sometimes, but I won't be giving it to him again while he's on the Wellbutrin anyway. It seems to have caused insomnia together, but if I do have him try 5-htp again, maybe we'll try doses earlier in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Have you considered the possibility that rubbing the progesterone on your gums might be adding to your issues. I have never heard of doing that.
    Ray Peat's recommended mode of transit for Progest-e is rubbing into the gums for quick absorption. I'm just going to back off on the dose next month and see what happens. My period is a bit heavy right now so I think I might have used too much.

Are you asking about the female issues or oral issues? It's just progesterone & Vit E. Oral: The irritated spot is not near where I apply the Progest-e. I only use it during the luteal phase and the problem started before then and has persisted after. Female: the itchiness started before I started using the Progest-e.

I believe he will be required to get re-evaluated every 5 years, so eventually he'll have to go back, whether he wants to or not. How long ago did he get out? And what is his beef with the VA anyway? Quite possibly, he had a bad experience with the VA and that I can understand - the VA can be a headache, but likely it was an isolated incident and would not be that bad a second time. I sure hope you can get him past his issue with the VA b/c they take mental health issues very seriously and would ensure he got the care he needs.

His contracted was ended about a year ago or the year before, I forget. I can't remember what his beef is with the VA, honestly, but I know they kept screwing up his info for a while. Not to mention how hard it is just to get in touch with someone and get questions answered. I have to do all the phone stuff for him because the menus are just crazy. I usually press 0 to try and talk to a representative or I have to talk for him because the automated system doesn't register his voice and understand him when he says anything to try and navigate the phone menus. It doesn't give him a good impression so he's had nothing to really chip away at the bad one he has ingrained.

If I bring up the VA, he is likely to walk away. He's pretty childish about it but I don't think he has much control over that response right now. If he lets me sit in on his counseling session on Thursday, the counselor might bring it up and we'll see what he says.

I will agree that it's hard to get a hold of someone. I experienced that when I was receiving GI Bill benefits for school - I wouldn't be surprised if that was where he got his bad experience. Hopefully some day soon he'll get over his issues with them and use the services he's entitled to - I mean, free is better than co-pay.

Good luck.

I sent an email to his dean last Friday, we got a response yesterday. She's reaching out to his professors to see what can be done about his classes. One prof responded so far and we got the forwarded response: if he submits all his missed work so far before the end of the semester, he could take an incomplete. I don't know what that means for finishing, presumably he'd submit the rest over the summer? Hulky will have to meet with that prof to talk in person about this arrangement, I think. Basically, this is good because his professors MIGHT be willing to work with him, but bad because he does not currently meet the criteria for an incomplete.

Withdrawing is not an option. If he withdraws, he won't be able to finish school period. Enrolling with financial aid for one last semester in the fall is not possible for us.

I can't worry about this today. It's all on Hulky.

My mood has slowly been improving over the past couple of days, so I think I am still getting a massive mood dip right before my period. At least it's not the entire week before. PMS sucks.

Hm. I just ran out of my Ginseng complex. It's not as cheap on Puritan's Pride as it used to be, but it does seem to help a lot. I wonder if I should just get Eleuthero root instead of the blend, since I know that worked well for me before. Not sure what other supplements I need or want to try right now.