Page 656 of 867 FirstFirst ... 156556606646654655656657658666706756 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,560 of 8667

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 656

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Thrive Market
    Hm. I just ran out of my Ginseng complex. It's not as cheap on Puritan's Pride as it used to be, but it does seem to help a lot. I wonder if I should just get Eleuthero root instead of the blend, since I know that worked well for me before. Not sure what other supplements I need or want to try right now.
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

I am distracting myself by browsing used cars available at local dealerships. Not many with a manual transmission, we'd like that option in order to improve gas mileage. I found a couple of Prius' but I think we wouldn't be able to talk them down to a manageable montly price on a 5 yr loan. The dealership in town actually has the best prices for a couple of Nissans and Chevys, a good price before we would even try to negotiate.

I don't know what we're doing with the cars. Having one car would be great for overall money saving, but it might not be practical once Hulky gets a job (and I can't get to work any other way in the winter). We'll have to wait at least until he's done with school before we make any decision. But I really want to get rid of the Mustang .
    Journal

A terrifying mess of cables work. A guy quit after 19 years with the company and left a lot of junk at his desk. I found a couple of floppy drives.

We went to Medieval Manor with Hulky's parents on Saturday. The jury box seats have the best view. I don't really enjoy the jokes much anymore, they seem too mean spirited.

I came into the possession of a free MacBook Air (first gen). It works pretty well. I'm planning on installing Windows 7 on it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Journal

Kinda talking to myself over here today

That Macbook Air goes for $200-300 on eBay. Replacing the battery would be about $35. As fun as it is to play around with, I think I might fix the battery, re install everything, and try to sell it. The casing is not too banged up. It could probably use a new storage drive, but those are too expensive to bother with. I might get more money for it if I upgraded the drive size, but it's not guaranteed.
    Journal

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Why would someone quit after 19 years? Isn't retirement 20? Just seems like such a waste.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 03-26-2014 at 12:23 PM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Why would someone quit after 19 years? Isn't retirement 20?
    Maybe if you're working for the gov't? I am not sure he's even in his mid-40s yet. He started at this company fresh out of college, when his mom owned it. He was ready for a change of scenery. The company has gone under a lot of infrastructure changes in the past few years. I don't think he was happy with it anymore. He was a systems admin, not the owner or anything like that.
    Journal

At the government, you only have to have 10 years to retire, but must be a certain age... and be fully vested, etc, by paying more into your retirement than you would if you had worked 25-30 years.

I guess standard business practice is retirement is a possibility after 20 years, regardless of age - that's when you're eligible for the gold watch, ya know? But I guess in the day of 401k's sticking with an employer for 20 years isn't as important as it used to be.

My goofy former co-worker messaged me on FB this morning to insist that I wear tights sometime soon. He's not even going to see me, he just says he used to always like seeing me in tights O.O. Is that weird? Yes. Is it flattering? Totally. I am taking it all as compliments and letting it make me feel good. I don't know how to respond to things like "But you were seriously cute in tights" and "a cute troll (sorry i had to)" (in response to me moving to a darker corner of the office).

I think I'll dress up a little today for Hulky . Counseling in the AM, doctor's in the PM. I am going to do some relaxing and studying in between. Despite the stress of the appointments, it will be nice to have a "day off" today.

And I'll dress up a little tomorrow because my former co-worker told me to ><. I don't think he's visiting the office and I hope he doesn't, that would be really awkward. I don't know if he's flirty with all the ladies like this or just me. He does know I'm married now!
    Journal

Ootd

I don't know what I'm going to when spring actually gets here. I love my pashmina scarves.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Cute.