Page 656 of 933 FirstFirst ... 156556606646654655656657658666706756 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,560 of 9327

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

Shop Now
    deleted
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 11-11-2015 at 12:30 PM.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

deleted
    Journal

Depression Lies

Suck it up and eat that chicken and rice. It might help you feel a little bit better... on the other stuff... no advice, just hugs...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Gguuyyyssss it's in the 50s today! I will perhaps take a stroll around the parking lots after I grab some food (too hungry to skip lunch). My desk is moving at work soon and I won't get sunlight from two sides anymore . I will get no sunlight at all!

Tomorrow is supposed to be similarly "warm" and I think I might drag my bike up to my parents' house to clean up the gears w/ my dad's help. I really want to start cycling ASAP.

I miss my body looking like this. It's so crazy how I didn't feel happy with my physique last year and now I wish it looked exactly like that.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Yay for Hulky! Hopefully getting some work accomplished will help him move forward.

Yay for lunch and walks outside. Boooooo for office spaces with no sunlight...

Yay for bike riding!! With any luck, the season will help you get back to that body you like.

And with the pull-up bar, my upper body should be even better. I definitely got some strength from cycling, but the most I'll get will be from that pull-up bar. I'm happy I'll be able to even things out a little, as I am like most women in that it's easier to put strength on my lower half.
    Journal

Depression Lies

+1

I'm sorry you are faced with so many difficult things right now. Hulky's health is obviously weighing heavily on you....... or the results of his poor health perhaps is the real issue?

He seems to be sick an awful lot............ if it were me and hubby -- I would insist he get a full work up - blood work, physical exam, eye exam, chest x-ray, and anything else. He needs something............ less drinking and better eating would most definitely help. but if he's anemic or has vitamin deficiencies then he needs more than just a diet improvement. He obviously has a weak immune system cuz he's always getting viruses that just kick his ass!! Most people recover from a virus in 7-10 days --- he seems to be sick for a month at a time!!! I'm sure medical expenses are a concern - but you do have money left over from the honeymoon right? Or did that go to pay off the car? If you don't spend the money on getting him healthy -- you will continue to lose money from him being sick.

Sometimes in a marriage you have to take on the role of the "caretaker/parent" ............. its awkward, but is sometimes what we're called to do. I think you might find yourself in this place right now. If hulky isn't being responsible with his own health, for whatever reason (lack of energy, lack of caring, lack of knowledge or direction) then you must step up and be his help-mate. Take charge. If this angers him........ be honest and let him know how concerned you are that he is not being aggressive about his own health - and if you're feeling other things be honest ............. "I'm angry that you don't seem to care" -- "I'm confused by lack of action to get better" -- "I'm scared because you aren't getting better" -- "I'm hurt that you aren't seeing what this is doing to me" -- "I'm worried about what this is doing to us".

The college stuff will work itself out. Taking an incomplete is far better than taking an F for the course. It just means the lack of grading won't effect his overall GPA or his loan status. But the class will have to be completed which most likely means repeated to get the credit and the grade on his records. Most universities require a minimum of hours spent in class to receive credit and grade.

As for you......... be honest with what you're feeling. A marriage needs transparency on both sides in order to grow. True understanding needs pure openness. As long as you aren't blaming him for what you are feeling ............... our feelings belong to us, not anyone else. What he's doing may be resulting in what you're feeling -- but we always have a choice about how we are going to respond/react to any situation....... so we must own our feelings and not project them onto others. Remember the "I" statements.

deleted
    Journal

Depression Lies

Shop Now
    Thinking of you and Hulky. Hope things get better soon.