Page 652 of 931 FirstFirst ... 152552602642650651652653654662702752 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,520 of 9310

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

Shop Now
    Haha that sounds like a pretty awesome day to me, though only if it wasn't my car (my baby). I think I narrowly missed my calling: I should have been natty or coast guard. Running around and helping stranded boaters. Yeah, I could totally do that for years and be happy..

I'm leaning the same way with my gut, though I've always known it's a cycle for me (going normal and then not, it's just been not normal more often). I really hope I was right in following the potatoes + yogurt thing. Guess I'll find out soon enough (hopefully for the better!!) I'm going to pick up a couple different starches this weekend--potatoes, GF oats, lentils, plantains if they have them--and I'm taking home a big container of cooked rice from the DFAC (might as well get some use out of it). I've had a cup of RS rice the past two days and didn't get sleepy like I do from fresh rice.

Also, I have Motherlover stuck in my head so badly right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Also, I have Motherlover stuck in my head so badly right now.
    hahaha wwhhyyyy
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

Hulky and I played D3 together yesterday and saw Divergent. I thought it was pretty good, not as bad as I was suspecting. Hulky hated all of the teenage angst moments. There were a lot of those. Definitely not as good as Hunger Games, but I didn't think the book was that good either. I thought some of the music was really poorly placed, it took me out of the moments. Everyone was really well cast though.

Females issues - Follow-up at 4 PM today. My period was a week late. Stress much? That hasn't happened to me since high school. The alternating clindamycin & hydrocortisone didn't work well for itch-relief. The hydrocortisone didn't work at all and clindamycin didn't get a change to work only using it every other night. I hope the gyno has a better idea moving forward, this is such a hassle. I read somewhere that desquamative inflammatory vaginitis can lead to a loss of lactobacillus bacteria in the vagina, so I am still wondering if some kind of probiotic suppository could help (with loss of lactobacillus being a cause and not a side effect). I haven't found any information online suggesting that as a cause and only one mention that an IUD could be a factor.

I guess it wasn't enough for my body to have 1 mysterious disorder (my gut), it just had to pick up another! Yeah, more than a little self-pitying today. I've got no silver linings.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 11-11-2015 at 12:34 PM.
    Journal

Depression Lies

My girlfriend went to see Divergent this weekend and said it sucked. She said the suicide scene was minimized (it was a HUGE deal in the book) and that Al, Christina and Will hardly have any role in the movie. She said Eric didn't give his speech after Al's death and that the movie barely focused on the training. I asked her if it would be good to someone who had not read the books (i.e. Brad). She said it was 2 1/2 hours of jumbled crud and she hated it. She advised me to wait until it comes out on PPV. I kind of want to go see it just to see how bad it is.

There were a lot of teenage angst moments in the book - Tris is a moody little drama queen. lol
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 03-24-2014 at 07:18 AM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I can't help but agree with a post you made a while back that the gut and female issues are linked. Are you still taking the PA? If not, I really think it can help. I took it for a while (2 capsules daily) quite religiously and now it's more sporatically, but it helped me with my gut issues. Things don't feel 100% yet, but they're much better than they were.

I'm taking a different probiotic with soil-based organisms, by NOW foods. With oatmeal for breakfast and something with starch for dinner, plus the probiotic at breakfast & dinner, it's helping my gut, but not noticeable change in the female issues. It's been at least a few weeks since I started taking the probiotic, but only about 1 since I started having a benefit from it (when I stopped using the cascara sagrada). I'm not so convinced it's linked anymore, but who freaking knows. I feel like if it was, I would find at least SOMETHING online, even just a forum post, suggesting this. But this condition seems pretty uncommon so there's not much testimonial information in general.

I don't remember the Divergent book that well. Yeah, the friends were not as major roles, but I can see why they did that. Will's death was down-played and everything related afterwards was cut. I can see why they made all of the changes they did. I think it made for a better Hollywood-cut-and-dried movie this way, though definitely not as good as the book. If they'd kept more of the book stuff in, it could have rivaled Hunger Games. I mean, that book is pretty intense. They played it safe in the movie. I don't know if I'll bother to pay to see any others that are released, but I haven't read those books.
    Journal

Depression Lies

I haven't updated on my supplement use for a while.

-10,000 IU Vit D
    -1000 mg Vit K (Hulky takes these two as well)
    -Ginseng complex (I think the Eleuthero root is key, since I've taken that solo before. I take this 3x daily, morning, mid-day, and evening.)
    -Thyroid (I found it recommended on another site, maybe a Peat one. When I take it with the mid-day and evening dose of the Ginseng complex, my energy and mood stays elevated pretty well, but I am sleeping fine. I may starting taking a drop of Iodine every day again and also supplement selenium.)
    -1 aspirin (because why not)
    -Allergy pill (need to ask doc about a prescription)
    -During luteal phase - progest-e (this may be why my period was late, but I don't know. Last time, within 1-2 days of stopping it, I got my period. This time, it took a week? I've been using 3 drops 3-4 times a day, rubbed on my gums. I'll be stricter about the dose next month and maybe just do 2 drops and see what happens. It did seem to help my PMS a lot though.)

During these stressful times, the Ginseng complex & Thyroid supplement have been very helpful. I can feel myself calm about 30 min after taking them. I even found them helpful in London, so it is not stress alone that causes me to need this. I am wary of treating my thyroid without lab work to back it up, but I am tired of dealing with doctors that won't do the tests that I want.

My nails aren't peeling as badly as they were since before the honeymoon. It stopped entirely while we were there and then they peeled again when we got home, but now my nails are getting longer with no peeling. I am bewildered.

I still need to think about what supplements I want to get for the next month. I think I have enough of all of these things for now. I might be running low on the Ginseng complex and I'm not sure if I should mix & match my own adaptogens. I guess I should get some form of magnesium so I don't have to use the epsom salts.

My mind is in fix-it mode. I am finding myself obsessing over what I could do to help "fix" Hulky's depression. There is a whole world of herbs that might help him. St. John's Wort seems like the most likely candidate but it can take a month or more to really start to help. I wonder if there's any harm in having him try it while he's on the Wellbutrin. If I don't think about these things, I just start to feel terribly helpless. Maybe I should take it. Apparently the tea works pretty quickly and it tastes like licorice.

10 Ways to Show Love to Someone With Depression | The Darling Bakers
    Journal

Depression Lies

Good article. Thanks. I shared it on Facebook.

Shop Now
    deleted
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 11-11-2015 at 12:34 PM.
    Journal

Depression Lies