Page 65 of 797 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165565 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 65

canio6 Guest
    Hey, you can't discount the importance of a really good emo picture.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I think I've got more than a couple, unfortunately, this just happens to be my favorite.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    For the lawls

Circa early 2006. I dyed my hair black on my 1-month boyfriend's insistence. I'd had it black once before and both times it was a terrible mistake. At least I got one really good emo picture out of the deal. Note the teenage acne, heavy eye-liner, and super skinniness.
    I think this is beautiful. Your boyfriend is lucky.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I've always been a fan of black hair, fair skin, and light eyes, so I think it looks good! Of course, it helps that it's a decent black dye and not that cheap matte stuff that looks so horrible. (This is the seldom-expressed goth in me- but can you go wrong with well-applied black eye-liner?)

Keep on keepin' on with the diet- it sounds like you're doing well! You're right though, about the depression thing. There's sad, there's tired, and there's depressed. If you're familiar with depression, it doesn't matter if it lasts five minutes or five days, it hurts. But it sounds like you're managing it well!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    I think this is beautiful. Your boyfriend is lucky.
    Well said.

Thanks guys. The boyfriend at the time is not the one I'm with now (fortunately). Current boyfriend doesn't care, in typical guy fashion, what I do with my hair, as long as I like it and I don't somehow become another person.

What a long day. Lots of disasters at work. I rushed about, kept my cool, and now I'm brain-dead. Time to make some burgers (broiler, you are my BFFL today)!

Food: Welp, I went for the cast iron and the burgers were (pretty much, okay who am I kidding they were) raw in the middle. But effing delicious (is it weird that I purposely censor just because that's how I want it to be read, not because I'm actually censoring? It's just word choice)! I made boyfriend a double-cheese-egg burger. Two patties, cheese on each, with an egg on top. I didn't fry the egg properly though so it gushed too much, but he loved it. I forwent the bun & my pee still smells terrible. Asparagus also apparently gives me gas. Dear probiotics, please come sooner! Love, me. Let me just say that I DESPERATELY wanted an egg on my burger. I'm about 90% sure I have no sensitivity to eggs and that the post nasal drip is not going to go away. I don't want to pay for allergy testing!

Sleep: Epic fail. "Sleepless In Seattle" was on last night, I haven't seen it in ages, and I got sucked in. During commercials I'd flip back over to HGTV and oggle home transformations. I grew up with my dad doing a lot of handy-work around the house, but never really finishing anything (except the attic, which is now my sister's room), so it's nice to see a real transformation from start to finish within 1/2 an hour. Anyway, that all finished around 10:30, I cleaned up some dishes, and wasn't in bed till closer to 11. I did the usual snooze till 8AM and still don't feel awake.

Non-TV things I can do tonight: Sew some patches onto my old denim vest for my brother (birthday present, he turns 14 in a week aaahhhhh). Embroider around the bleached text on the black apron I got for boyfriend for Xmas ("Kiss the Cook") b/c the bleach job was pretty messed up. Unfortunately none of this will take very long, but I can listen to music while I do it, maybe play some WoW, and get to bed EARLY.

I was also not hungry this morning until I was on my way to work. The idea of food was an exhausting concept today, so I just grabbed a sweet potato, banana, and filled a bag with some brazil nuts (they're okay) and a little tupperware with almond butter. I might eat that sooner rather than later. I am SICK of chicken and that's all I had ready in the fridge this morning. More red meat please! Dinner will be ground beef & veggies, probably just salt & pepper. It's easy, delicious, and I'm lazy.

Hair: I used my repairing conditioner this morning that I got back when I put in highlights in October. I love the smell and it made my hair feel much better. I had a bit more hair come out in the shower than I have been getting lately (past few days), but I did wear it in a pony tail for a little while last night. Back to the usual routine tomorrow and I may get my bangs trimmed this weekend (need to find good reference photos).

Mood: Just exhausted. I am completely uncoordinated, nearly dropping things all over the place, but thinking clearly enough.

Exercise: I did some core exercises last night, but could not last long. 20 sec in a knees-plank position, rested for 20 sec or so, then another 20 sec. Pathetic, but I need to do this kind of stuff if I want to do pull-ups! It makes me very uncomfortable knowing how weak my core is, like my body is going to snap in half.

Symptoms: Post nasal drip and congestion, aka the usual. Getting old. Bowel movements have been slightly irregular (not everyday anymore), but good consistencies when they come, so I'm not worried. Heh, I don't think I'll tell the doctor though.

Mood: Just exhausted. I am completely uncoordinated, nearly dropping things all over the place, but thinking clearly enough.
    I can't stress protein in the morning enough while your hormones are shifting. Then you should look outside about 2 inches below the sun within 5 minutes of waking up (or turn on ALL the lights in your house to wake up.)

Look near the sun for 20 minutes. Then eat a precooked breakfast of nearly 50g of protein. Promise you'll feel better.
    Follow me on google+

I know, I know. I just need to find food that motivates me to eat. I am mildly stressing about budget again. I really need boyfriend to help fund the grocery expedition this week/end, but his financial situation is much tighter than mine. I've spent about half the amount I'd hoped to spend for groceries this month so far. We have enough veggies in the freezer to last us the rest of the month probably, and enough meat for another week, but not what I want (red!!!). Being completely out of ideas and never successfully cooking red meat correctly EVER is not helping in that area. I am so good and over and under cooking.

I was contemplating breaking the Whole30 this morning to have the cafe downstairs make me a few eggs over easy with bacon (they use Pam and I'm sure the bacon is cured), but now it's too late. Maybe I can drag my ass down to look at the salad bar later. I know I can get by on the snacks I brought, but it's far from ideal. I'm terrible with these kinds of priorities. I'll probably feel better with some real meat in me, but that would require spending money.

Positive things about the budget implementation I put in place thus far:
    -The holidays kind of messed things up, but other than gifts, I haven't bought anything I didn't need in over a month. Need = groceries, utilities including gas for car, supplements. I hardly saved anything since I've been paying for most of the essentials (boyfriend's budget has been a big problem for the past semester, with the VA office withholding money), but I did save something.
    -I'm making due (do?) with the clothes I have and (at least) thinking about how I can use my meager crafting/sewing skills to change things up without spending anything.

Sometimes I need to see these things to remember that there is a point to all of this. Next month I'll buy the stand-up storage shelves to go over the toilet (~$30) and ideally, nothing else except maybe one small thing for boyfriend for Valentines Day. And if boyfriend's budget can't pull it off b/c of school issues and accidental debt (a bed "gift" that his parents didn't and now can't pay off that is ruining his credit), I will be paying for our hostel stay in DC in March as well. If it comes down to my choice, though, we'll just do 3 nights and spend the last with my aunt near Annapolis.

WHERE'S MY GODDAMN SNOW.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I just need to find food that motivates me to eat.

LOL I hope you appreciate this XD.

Either way, You'll figure it out somehow, you've made it this far. Keep moving on!
    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 01-12-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    Follow me on google+