Page 646 of 933 FirstFirst ... 146546596636644645646647648656696746 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,460 of 9327

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

Shop Now
    Interesting recap. Sounds like fun. Tell us about the touristy stuff you did.

I want to eat all your wordsssss yum.

Welcome home!! Mda missed you (obviously... with that spam thread LOL joking).

<3

Welcome back, glad you had a good time.

Those eggs are exy, I can get two trays of 30 for a bit over 7, mind you I live 120 miles from London....up north its right popular having hot pork pie with mushy peas and mint sauce, well it was in Otley! And you can't beat a good Indian...

I'll write about the touristy stuff a bit, but most of it will be on my blog.

haha I don't know what to do about the spam. I just tidy up after the mess. I hope they sign on more moderators. It's silly that it gets that messy without me here.

Dave, I'm not surprised eggs are more affordable that far from London . We decided we'd definitely venture farther afield if we went back, probably staying in a smaller town or city to explore more countryside.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

The eggs can be kept unrefrigerated because they aren't washed. Unwashed eggs have a coating on them that protect them from spoilage but once they're washed they have to be refrigerated. All eggs sold at supermarkets in the US have to be washed.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Gah sounds like you had so much fun! I wanna go next!

The black stuff in your nose? It's from being on the tube. I lived in central London for ten years and on days I got the tube (I stopped commuting by tube after a few years) I'd get a grey/black crust around my nostrils. Gross. However, on days I walked or got the bus, no grim stuff around/up my nose.

So glad to hear you had a good time. It's always slightly odd to hear about your home from a stranger's words, but I'm really pleased you liked the place.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    The black stuff in your nose? It's from being on the tube. I lived in central London for ten years and on days I got the tube (I stopped commuting by tube after a few years) I'd get a grey/black crust around my nostrils. Gross. However, on days I walked or got the bus, no grim stuff around/up my nose.
    Aahhh yeah we took the tube almost everywhere, every day.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Anxiety & travel

I would have been fine with skipping Daylight Savings. It was getting light enough in the evenings anyway. I will admit, it was nice to leave work with even more sunshine yesterday. I had a strong desire to get out my bike, but it's still pretty cold. It's going to warm up a bit this week and I'm tempted to go out for a spin. The gears need cleaning. I guess I'll lug it up to my parents' house soon and seek my dad's help with that.

I should be able to start cycling in the evenings soon to get my strength back for commuting . The weather just has to get a little bit warmer and I'd like to get a long-sleeve cycling shirt.

----

At the start of the honeymoon, my anxiety was how it usually is. I worried about Hulky's schoolwork. I worried about him getting a job. I worried about him not working on either of those things. I started whining about something early in the trip and Hulky told me to stop worrying, we're on our honeymoon! After that, I was able to mostly put the home stuff out of my mind.

In London, I found that I had more "acute" anxiety episodes than I've ever had at home. I found relief in deep breathing. My mind would start to race about what-ifs and I would start to feel tense in busy crowds or I would feel completely physically lost. A few deep breaths would at least clear my mind, even if it didn't fix the situation. Hulky had to take over navigating the streets most of the time, but I felt more comfortable doing it by the end of the trip. I found I didn't need to stop & breathe much at all. I had to deal with being bored while Hulky needed naps more than anxiety!

At the end of the trip, I did my best to focus on immediate stressors, like traveling. Those things were easier to handle. Sunday, I still mostly felt good because I knew I didn't have to do anything except unpack at my leisure, do some laundry, and set out an outfit for Monday. Of course, by yesterday, back at my usual routine, all of those home-worries came back. Yesterday evening, I felt pretty gloomy. Hulky was out with friends, drinking of course, and I stayed home to read & cuddle with the cat, fighting my anxiety. She must have really missed us, she has not missed out on an opportunity to curl up on our laps once.

Doing the deep breathing helps here and now, too, but it's harder to let go of the long-term worries & the ones that are out of my control (Hulky's problems). He knows these things worry me. They probably worry him too. There doesn't seem to be any point in talking about it, but I still want to because I'm so afraid that he doesn't seem to be doing anything about these things. And they affect BOTH of us. Wasting our savings this summer because he doesn't just get any old job, even if it's not something he wants long-term, would be so stupid.

---

We walked several miles every day in London. My legs were sore all the time, but by the last day, they were just tired. After two days of rest (traveling on Saturday, vegging at home on Sunday), I felt bouncy on Monday! Sitting still all day was torture. My hip flexors felt stiff at the end of the day. Going for a mid-day walk is not going to be enough to really mitigate that. I kind of want to set up a standing desk at home. I worked on my pull-up hangs yesterday, finding that the pain in my hands was the only thing holding me back from a 15+ second hang. My hands are getting a bit tougher. For now, I feel quite motivated to work on my body.

I had some good and bad body image moments in London. Our hotel suite had large mirrors in a couple of places, so for the first time in a while, I was able to look at all of myself at once. A few times, I felt very positive about what I saw. And then a couple of other times, I felt unhappy and avoided the full-length mirror after that. I'm glad we only have the small bathroom mirror at home. When I was a skinny & un-muscled kid, I loved my long skinny legs. Now that they have some meat on them, I feel uncomfortable. Everything seems too jiggly. The solution is relatively simple: build muscle. Things will firm up. I can't wait until I can afford a gym membership& personal trainer to teach me how to lift weights someday.

Sexy By Nature - A Book Review | Everyday Paleo
    Thought this might be a good read for some ladies struggling with body image (and weight loss).
    Journal

Depression Lies

Shop Now
    On the deep breathing, I'm amazed how much better good posture and belly breathing makes me feel. Totally works when I'm not freaking out too much to remember lol.