Page 646 of 905 FirstFirst ... 146546596636644645646647648656696746 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,460 of 9044

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 646

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    We did get to sit together, on both flights. The flight attendants were very helpful and mentioning the honeymoon helped, I'm sure. On the second flight, the person in the middle seat never showed so it was pretty easy .

Nameless Wonders: London Honeymoon: Travel Day
    Nameless Wonders: London Honeymoon: Days 1 & 2

And a link straight to the photos!
    London Honeymoon - a set on Flickr

Not sure how often I'll upload.

Today I REALLY need some Ibuprofen or something. My poor legs are not used to this much walking!
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

Hopefully someone can answer this:

Is a wet shave at a barber's/salon ALWAYS a straight razor shave? Hulky wants to get his hair cut & a straight razor shave. I also want to get a trim. I found a likely candidate in Soho called "Groovy Hair Salon". We're trying not to break the bank with this, and most results I'm finding online are absurdly expensive. I'm assuming people don't go to a hair place to get shaved with anything BUT a straight razor, otherwise they could just do it themselves...
    Journal

Depression Lies

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Every time I've had a wet shave it's always been with a cutthroat razor, my tonsorial artist uses a scolding hot towel, king of shaves gel and a cutthroat, you don't want to try using one yourself, there's a bit of a knack to it....

A friend of ours bought a bunch of straight razors in high school for friends. The best one, apparently, was the vintage one. The new ones didn't hold an edge well. I don't know if he ever got the hang of it, but he loved it.

Hulky did get his shave, but there was no hot towel, just a lot of massaging with the lather & brush beforehand. It came out great, so smooth . He said if he could do this once a month, he would never shave again.
    Journal

Depression Lies

So tired today. This morning's blog post, covering yesterday's adventures, really reflects that.

Nameless Wonders: London Honeymoon: Day 3

We're going to try London pizza tonight. We had ice cream at Harrods earlier (soooooo goooood) so I'm bound to be a pile of dairy gas.
    Journal

Depression Lies

tomi is online now Senior Member
    looks like you're having a wonderful time! How is Hulky feeling? And your gut issues??
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Yay! I'm glad you're having fun.

Are you taking OJ + gelatin as the liquid meal? Or just eating alllll the london goodies?

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    So glad you're having fun! You make London sound very appealing!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I went all out for London goodies and it was totally worth it . No OJ because I've realized citrus does not sit well with me (esp. in regards to my sensitive gums), haven't been very vigilant about gelatin lately so I didn't even pack it. We are hoooommmeeee. I missed Fae so much, I feel a bit silly about it. She's my fur-baby. Hulky is feeling loads better, I think having the stress of school off his back for a bit did wonders for him.

I think stress counts for a LOT of the issues I have. My gut was still as sluggish as it has been for the past 18 months, but I didn't have joint pain or break out until the last day. I'll write more on all that later. I made some observations on my anxiety too.

I've got some blog posts to catch up on. Most are written I just need to get my photos onto my regular computer and edit them a little.

Right now, we're waiting on food to arrive and will probably snuggle on the couch while we wait for the apartment to warm up a little.

Can't wait to tell you guys about my food adventures! They were almost entirely non-primal
    Journal

Depression Lies

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    Welcome home! Can't wait to hear about the trip.