Page 643 of 786 FirstFirst ... 143543593633641642643644645653693743 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,430 of 7855

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 643

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Can you find a safe thing to punch? I know it sounds daft, but it can help.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Things that helped today: warm beverages (both my own cocoa mix & Swiss Miss which was icky but nostalgic), talking to people (not about my problems, but just in general), and a nice visit with my parents (my dad said it's looking like he'll have a job by Friday). I didn't punch anything, but I did fight with some cables in the server room at work, which was fairly cathartic. They were VERY tangled.

Thank you for the hugs .

The financial stuff is resolving. I had to make the very awkward call to our landlord about late rent. Hulky and I talked about it and came to a resolution. He admitted that he is having a lot of anxiety about getting back to school, but then immediately emailed the people he needed to email to start getting back on track.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Females issues - Something still feels off and I want to start a home remedy, but I've decided to go back to the last gyn I saw. Hopefully she can email any results of the culture, since I'll be in London by the time those go through. My appointment is for Friday morning. If I need another prescription, I can get it before we leave.

Gut - I'm trying out reducing the cascara sagrada to only take at night. I have a feeling that won't be enough, but we'll see. I had some gas after taking my potato starch & probiotic last night and again this morning. I guess that means something is happening, but what? Maybe I should lower the potato starch dose initially, since I'm just starting this probiotic. I don't know, I'm tired of hacking this.

I feel better than yesterday, but not great. I feel like my body is entirely out of sync right now. My gut is its usual wreck, my skin is drier than normal, my nails are peeling more, that problem spot of my gums is still massively irritated, and my knee keeps hurting on and off with any extra exercise (lunges & squats, even when I know my form is fine).

I just called the dentist and they told me to swing by tonight after work so they can check out the problem spot. Their office is right up the street from my apartment . I have a feeling I'll be using some kind of numbing gel for a bit.

It's ALMOST relieving to know that this is all linked, but mostly not. I'm sure a lot of this is just stress right now, but I don't think it's good that my body is responding this way to stress!

We have dinner plans for the next two nights. Dinner with a friend tonight (don't know where, he just wanted to have dinner before we go on our trip) and dinner with the in-laws tomorrow. Hooray for less cooking . I do need to get groceries before we go so there's something to defrost when we get home!

Okay, silver linings.

-The dentist is pretty chill & is letting me "stop by" to check out the problem spot on my gums, rather than schedule a cleaning or full appointment. She can at least advise any OTC remedies until I can come in for a full cleaning. I'm due for my 6-month anyway.
    -Not having to worry about dinner tonight or tomorrow is awesome.
    -Tomorrow, I'm going out to lunch with co-workers to say goodbye to someone who is leaving the company after working here for 19 yrs! The place is very gluten-free, to the extent that they label things CG (contains gluten), rather than GF for gluten-free . My supervisor has celiac, so that's why we always go there for goodbye/welcome lunches. It's fairly affordable, so I'll grab a $20 in case my supervisor isn't covering lunch.
    -My dad is so confident that he'll be employed by end of day Friday that he was able to contribute to our honeymoon fund . I'm depositing the check during my lunch break today.
    -I had my cash back rewards from my credit card ($100 for spending at least $500 during the first 3 months) sent as a check and it has already arrived. I will use that to pay off more of my unexpected medical bill. I can pay off the rest next month!
    -My dad's honeymoon contribution is about $14 short of paying off the Civic. Hulky and I are considering it... I suppose paying it off earlier, even by just a few months, means we save a few bucks on interest. But then again, things have been rough lately so it might be good to hold onto the extra cash. Any thoughts there?

Holy sheet. The mother of one of my close friends in high school (haven't been in touch much since then, he leads a busy life travelling around the world as a trapeze artist) is sending us $$ for the honeymoon. Not an insignificant contribution, either!

This is the second time in the past few months that I've been bailed out by good fortune. I feel immensely blessed.

Depending on how much honeymoon $$ is left after the trip, I think we'll go ahead and pay the car off early. One less monthly expense to worry about, and a little extra to set aside towards repairs/maintenance .

tomi is offline Senior Member
    For "young" people you are very responsible with your finances - or at least as much as I know by what you tell us Just wanted to say I respect that about you. So many young people don't know how to handle money - spend too much and get into trouble. So - here's a cyber pat on the back for doing so well!

Tick Tock......... trip is almost here!!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I was just thinking that too. So many people blow off those medical bills and then the problems really start. Paying off stuff early is also a great way to financial independence as it kinda forces responsibility. I love the freedom I feel when I pay something off
    I would bank the money until after the trip also as you may find something $$ there that you just can't pass up. Enjoy!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I was going to say that having the car paid off would allow for an additional amount of money each month, but it seems you've already decided to pay it off. Kudos. You have some amazingly generous people in your life. I can't think of a single person would give us more than $100 for a trip. Very blessed you are.

I hope you'll be able to pop in and let us know your plane has landed safely in London. I know you'll be too busy having fun to check in regularly, but knowing you're safely on the ground will help us all rest easy. Enjoy your trip!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thanks I'm trying.

It'd be nice to have the car payment money "free" every month, but for the first couple of months, it should go towards repairs/maintenance. We can't take the Mustang in to have the exhaust fixed until the snow stops because it's not a safe car for slick weather driving. The Civic might also have some kind of exhaust thing going on. It's been slowly getting louder & a little rattly when accelerating over the past 6+ months. It's also still due for some insurance-covered repairs to the bumper. Once the cars are squared away (for now), that "extra" money needs to be saved until we can put it towards my student loans or we know that Hulky's job situation is okay. Actually, we might not be able to spend any of that money until we know Hulky is employed...

I'll probably check in with a picture from London just to say hi .

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I feel very torn between optimism and pessimism right now. Optimism because reasons are listed above. Pessimism because Hulky went to his meeting with the dean of students, but nearly passed out due to vertigo. He went to the health services dept. on campus and got prescriptions for motion sickness. We ran out of Sudafed and his cough is coming back sooo I guess we need more of that too.

BIG SIGHS. I have a bad feeling that the abx aren't going to kick this problem in the ass like we'd hoped.