Page 640 of 932 FirstFirst ... 140540590630638639640641642650690740 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,400 of 9311

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

Shop Now
    re green thing - why not skip the onion and use leeks (white and green ends) will make a subtle, sweet soup.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    re green thing - why not skip the onion and use leeks (white and green ends) will make a subtle, sweet soup.
    ^great advice plus leeks go very well with potatoes. Just be sure to clean them well, as in this area at least, leeks are usually very sandy.

Cute hair! Looks easy and comfortable.

The stew ended up: gold potatoes, chicken breast, mostly homemade chicken stock (had to add some from a can when I boiled too much off), yellow onions, carrots, broccoli, plus salt & pepper. Simple, tasty. Hulky approved. Leftovers for lunch. I will try leeks another time. I could have easily made a larger batch by adding more chicken & potatoes, but somehow I was lazy enough not to bother.

Hulky explained that he likes the slightly slicked-back hairstyle because it takes the hair off my lovely face . I put some coconut oil in my hair yesterday and it mostly held my hair how I wanted it. Not sure how to transport the coconut oil in a non-sketchy manner to London haha. I have it styled like that again today.

Gut - Still happy with the cascara segrada, I just hope it doesn't stop working. Supposedly there is a risk for dependency if I take it too long, but since I don't poop without supplemental aid anyway, it really doesn't matter to me. I do intend to get some kind of bacterial analysis of my gut as soon as I can, but I'm wary of having more testing done while I'm paying off another medical bill.

Females issues - We had sex a day after finishing the treatment. I've been very slightly itchy since then, but can't tell if it's just irritation or a return of the dreaded itch. I'm just waiting right now to see if it goes away.

My mom came by to watch some of the Oscars with me last night. I like seeing all the fancy dresses & handsome dudes all dressed up. I thought Ellen DeGeneres was a great host. I only watched until about 10 PM EST, then Hulky and I watched some early Mythbusters on Netflix and went to bed. I slept really poorly, no idea why. I kept waking up feeling really uncomfortable.

I could use some positive vibes sent to my dad... He's been out of a job since November, searching since October or earlier, since he found out the company was going under. It's tough out there, perhaps especially for a man nearing retirement age who has an underage special needs child to care for.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

Gums - It could be something else I did/ate, but the occasional brush with baking soda and oil pulling a few times over the past week seems to be helping that sensitive gum area heal up. It still gets aggravated pretty easily, but it's getting better.

Pull ups - I feel like I'm stuck. I can't get past hanging on the bar for 15 sec at a time. Maybe I need to up the frequency. I can, however, "pull" with my arms more now. Maybe other parts of my arms & body are catching up now. I added a single-arm overhead press with the kettlebell to my little routine. I lost strength since the last time I tried to do those. I used to do at least 5 reps per side, now I can barely do 3. My arms are going to look super sexy by this summer though.

Probiotics - I am trying to give myself more than a few days before I say that they aren't doing anything, but so far, my gut seems unresponsive to the new probiotics. I'm not sure if I should take them on an empty stomach & with the potato starch, or with food. I'm not sure when I should take my other supplements. The only way to figure that out is to try it, but what if nothing changes? I feel like my gut is dead. I wish I knew what started all this. The constipation started after I finished a course of Candex, to treat a yeast infection. I'd already taken it several times that year. Buutttt it also started right after a trip to my friend's lakehouse so maybe I have a parasite? Who frickin' knows. I wish my gut would RESPOND to something.

The mental mantra of "What can I control?" has been helping a lot the past few days. Whenever I get frustrated or feel like something is out of my control, I look for something to do that I CAN control. Lately, that's been cleaning projects, like disassembling the cleanable parts of the vacuum cleaner, sweeping the kitchen, or cleaning up the litter box area (Fae is a digger, tends to get cat litter outside the box from kicking it out). At work, I find it's harder for me to keep busy. The environment is not conducive for my focus so that I can read my A+ certification study book.

I downloaded some books by Tamora Pierce and loaded them onto my Kindle for the trip . I've only read a few from her popular series in the Tortall Kingdom, the ones I'm reading now are from earlier generations of the same family that she writes about (kind of prequels).

I'm worried that I'm bordering on a sinus infection. I guess I will just do a daily neti pot flush with tea tree oil before the trip and hope for the best. I've been having some mild sinus pain for the past week or so, I just keep waiting for it to go away.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 03-03-2014 at 08:06 AM.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Bananas are not a safe food for my mouth. They are apparently acidic enough to irritate my gums (well, that one super irritated spot). Mangoes are the only fruits I've eaten lately that seem safe, but there are plenty of other fruits I could try. Supposedly, the banana irritation is "oral allergy syndrome", linked with ragweed allergies, which I know I have. Maybe the bananas were just not ripe enough?
    Journal

Depression Lies

Yeesh, I really freaked myself out last night. My gums were massively irritated after eating bananas in the morning and stayed that way for the rest of the day. It was so bad that ALL of my gums looked receded when I went to brush before bed. I rinsed with hydrogen peroxide and it stung everywhere. It looks better this morning, so it must have been inflammation. The problem spot feels better, but still sensitive. I oil-pulled this AM and want to do it again after work.

I slept badly again. I keep waking up feeling uncomfortable. A clingy Hulky does not help. I like snuggling before sleep, but can rarely fall asleep intertwined with someone. Maybe it's just anxiety about the trip.

Breakfast was small, two smallish potatoes microwaved & an egg over easy, all with salt & butter. Lunch is potatoes & salt.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 04-01-2015 at 01:33 PM.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Dammit, bad anxiety today. I am not pleased.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Nameless Wonders: Eat, sleep, story time, repeat.

Anxiety is bad today. Writing helps.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Shop Now
    I'm sorry you're feeling so anxious right now. Your gut issues, the financial issues you mentioned and the upcoming trip likely are the main culprits. I hope you feel better when that plane takes off.

How is Hulky doing? Is he getting better?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)