Page 640 of 797 FirstFirst ... 140540590630638639640641642650690740 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,400 of 7970

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 640

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I was diagnosed with "it could be mono" in college by the quack shack. My immune system has been nowhere near as good as it once was since then. When I had "it could be mono," I had NO energy, to the point that getting up and going to the bathroom down the hall felt like I had run a double marathon with two people strapped to my back. Every single part of me hurt. Light was the devil's creation. If I sat up, the room spun. I almost failed that semester because class was out of the question for a good week. When I first went back after it, I nearly passed out in the bathroom after making it out of the lecture hall.
    Whatever it is Hulky has, I hope he gets better soon.
    Along that same note, take care of you before him. You can't help him if you've worried yourself into a corner or a sickbed. You can't enjoy your honeymoon if you're sick from worrying over him.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Yes eat ALL THE GOOD FOODS. And don't stress AS MUCH OF THE STRESS. Lol.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Yes eat ALL THE GOOD FOODS. And don't stress AS MUCH OF THE STRESS. Lol.
    Haha yes >< I am doing my best. Better best now than I was before. I had a good mental kick in the pants today, but in a very loving and kind way. That seems to work better for me than when I berate myself, since that's kind of an every day occurrence.

I accomplished all my evening tasks (including mango soft serve mmmm) except for lunch prep, but I realized I have pre-cooked rice & torn pork that I can put together. Yay. I wonder if any bananas will be ready tomorrow.

One episode of Farscape then bed!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Man, season 2 of Farscape is not very good so far . I finished Dexter yesterday and now I know why everyone says the ending sucked. Really, I would have been okay with it if they'd taken out or changed the last minute.

Couple therapy today. I feel nervous about it. I kind of wish we had cancelled, but maybe it will be good to go right before our trip (well, a week out). It's been helpful, even when it's difficult. There was a bad moment yesterday when I expressed my concerns about my gut to Hulky, in regards to our trip, and he did not realize how insulting it was to me for him to say, "Well, maybe you should have figured that out by now?" WHAT THE F DO YOU THINK I'VE BEEN DOING THIS PAST YEAR AND A HALF? To be fair, I do not talk to him about all my gut experiments and readings because he didn't seem very interested. He also does not seem to understand how frustrating this is. I think he spoke without thinking, but this would be a good topic to make sure we are both understanding the other's view. I just want him to understand that it's on my mind 24/7, that it's a VERY slow process, that I have learned things over the past 18 months, but I don't have a solution yet and may not still for a long time. I need his support.

My NOW probiotic with SBO's arrived yesterday. I'm finishing the Threelac with my breakfast of bananas & lunch today (torn pork & rice). I plan on taking the new probiotic twice a day, with meals. If that doesn't seem to do much, I'll try between meals.

Cascara Sagrada - My detour to ice cream land this week threw off my experiment, but overall, this stuff has been very gentle & working well for me. I have a BM at least once a day, sometimes twice. I've been taking a capsule in the AM and right before bed (with a full glass of water), each one has about 450 mg. I'm hoping I can continue taking it for a while so I can have a dependable supplement for gut motility, while I figure out the trigger foods for my constipation. The saline laxatives (Vit C, mag citrate) don't work consistently for me anymore.

I'm going to get my hair trimmed before the honeymoon, probably in week since I took the day of our departure off from work. I'll run around all day, anxious and excited, getting things together, and then hopefully sleep on the plane.

I don't know what to do with this messssss. I guess just get the back trimmed.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    *hug* hope ct goes well!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I think Hulky may have said what he said, how he said it, b/c he's frustrated over his own health concerns and didn't have the patience for yours as a result... but definitely something to discuss at therapy today. He may not have realized how brash it sounded.

And I second the recommendation to tell the clinic you'll pay whatever you can each month. A lot of clinics will only charge a percentage of the bill over a period of months. The University here requires a payment of 25% per month for balances below $100, 15% for balances over $100 but below $500 or something. Or they'll split it evenly over a period of months. When Makenna had all the urology tests our portion of the bill (after co-payment and insurance) was $71 a month for 3 months, but with her pulmonology care, we paid $25 a month for about 6 months (same hospital). Just be certain to tell them if their payment suggestions don't work for you. They've usually got more than one option to work with. We've even done a weekly payment plan (b/c one of us gets paid each week, so it worked for us and made for a less difficult payment plan).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    yes, remember when people aren't feeling well - they tend to be not very sympathetic, and sometimes not very nice.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

My doctor's office is now owned by Mt Auburn Hospital, a major hospital in this area (where I was born, too), so all the billing goes through there. It appears that they are more prompt about billing than the facility itself was, so that's good. My bill was for an appointment on Feb 3. Usually I have to wait over a month to get a bill after it has gone to insurance. The bill is for $150 after insurance, from getting my hormones tested. Someday, I will learn to ask about costs before demanding these things! I didn't think it would be such a costly test. I called up the hospital billing dept and they have a minimum of $25/mo, so that's what I'm doing until I can spare the money to pay off the rest of the balance. With any luck, we'll have enough spare cash this month from the honeymoon. I'm using PTO for it, so I'll still be getting full paychecks.

Therapy was difficult, but helpful. Hulky and I are not realizing where the other is coming from, much of the time. We have apparently talked about my gut and how much $$ and effort I have spent on it several times. I don't really remember those conversations. I think I keep bringing it up because I didn't feel like he understood how I felt, or I was just hashing it out and using him as a sounding board. He seemed to think that I was looking for advice and not taking it, or something. Anyway, I think if we look into what we're expecting from each other in a conversation, that will help a lot.

Any thoughts on hair care for me?

So when I used henna on my hair a couple of weeks ago, the lingering scalp flakes I've had for the past year or so (it's been a while...not sure how long anymore, kept away when I was using shampoo regularly) went away for about a week. Now they're back worse than before, in new spots. Before, it was just by my window's peak, now it's behind my temples too.

I'm thinking of doing a hot oil treatment this weekend, maybe just coconut oil with a few drops of tea tree oil. Should I use a shampoo first to strip off as much oil/residue beforehand? Maybe I should just start shampooing/conditioning regularly for a bit. I'm thinking of using diluted Selsen Blue in case it's a fungal thing that needs to be smothered.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I suggest shampooing first to get a good clean start. Use something gentle and as natural as possible. I used to buy Neutrogena Shampoo when I wanted to get a good clean and strip away the residue. If you suspect a fungal thing is happening then I think a nightly treatment of coconut oil would be a good idea. Unless you want something fast - then go for the anti-fungal shampoo.

I know you love to color -- but most coloring agents are pretty harsh. You might just stay au-naturel for a year and see if things improve with the condition of your hair and scalp.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation