Page 638 of 797 FirstFirst ... 138538588628636637638639640648688738 ... LastLast
Results 6,371 to 6,380 of 7970

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 638

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Probiotics are probably the only thing he'll be down to try. Everything else is going to be diet-related and he won't change that unless a doctor says to.

He's feeling like utter shit right now and I am fed up. It's been 48 hrs so unless he has a miraculous turn around by tomorrow morning, I don't know what the f*ck to do.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    How long did the doctor say it would take to see some improvement? If he's not feeling some relief by the appointed time I would call the doctor, that's what our ENT tells us to do. It could be that the antibiotic they prescribed is not the correct one. Are his sinus' swollen? If they are he may want to consider a short course of prednisone. Our ENT has prescribed a 6 day course called: Medrol Dose Pack.
    Medrol Dose Pack Instructions | eHow
    I feel for Hulky, I've suffered many sinus infections. Does he have a headache? When I have a headache with a sinus infection this is what works for me: 2 Excedrin, 1 Benadryl and pre-primal a glass of Coke. Now I just skip the Coke.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Clarkie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Probiotics are probably the only thing he'll be down to try. Everything else is going to be diet-related and he won't change that unless a doctor says to.

He's feeling like utter shit right now and I am fed up. It's been 48 hrs so unless he has a miraculous turn around by tomorrow morning, I don't know what the f*ck to do.
    How is he using the Flonase? Once or twice a day? It can take several days for Flonase to kick in. Also considering the fact that he has been sick for quite a while I would expect the Doxycycline to take a few days as well. Keep pushing the fluids if you can and take a deep breath and try to be patient. Husbands really do make the worst patients.

Hulky is not really in pain, only if you press on his cheekbones, so he's annoyed that the doctor insisted on prescribing the Naproxen, which is an NSAID. All the pressure in his head (sinuses are affecting inner ear pressure) are making it very hard for him to think and balance. He can't walk as far as he needs to in order to get to class and he can't focus well enough to read to catch up on his school work.

He is using the Flonase twice a day, as instructed, 2 puffs per nostril. It's been over 48 hrs since he started the antibiotic now. The doctor at the walk-in clinic who prescribed these medications said he should feel improvement within 24-48 hrs. So today should really be better. He is still taking a 12 hr Sudafed & anti-nausea med because he feels like the living death without those. The doctor said that was fine.

I told him to call his regular doctor's office to a) get the referral going (he is using 2 insurances right now, with primary being HMO which requires a referral after going to a walk-in facility) and b) talk to a nurse about the meds he's on and how he's feeling today. I'm so anxious about this.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Have they checked him for mono? I might have had it once (describing it to a doctor afterward), and I felt nauseous, dizzy, and had a massive headache.

Female issues - I had to go back in my journal to try and figure out what night of treatment I'm on. Tonight should be the last night (10). I'm scared to go off the Clindamycin. I have enough for several more nights of treatment. What if I'm not fixed? I guess it's time to find out.

Gut - My guts a mess. I have nothing to blame but myself for that.

I was going to come on here and whine this morning. I was going to talk about how anxious I feel and how depression is settling in. I was going to talk about how various things are aching and in pain on my body, that I'm fed up with not having answers, that I'm scared of being like this forever.

But I do that a lot and it doesn't help. Today I won't. It's a step.

I realize that my emotional problems center around the concept of "control". As a teenager, when I felt like my life/moods were out of control, I would self-injure. That focus allowed me to feel as though I could control something in my life. If my emotional pain was overwhelming, at least physical pain could be within my grasp. Now, if I'm feeling over-emotional, I let myself give up the semblance of control. "I can't do this/that because I'm just too depressed." I can do it, I just would rather take the easy road and give into the wallowing. It's okay to do that sometimes, but I need to stop myself from doing that enough that it doesn't become habit anymore.

Food is within my control. The right foods will make me feel better, even if I don't always know what those right foods are. Tonight, I will have mango soft serve instead of ice cream because I know that does not upset my gut. I will roast potatoes for tomorrow's lunch. I can do these things. I can set out an outfit for tomorrow, have a check in my wallet for therapy, sweep the kitchen, and empty the sink before bed. Hulky may be non-functional right now, but that doesn't mean I need to be. In fact, I need to NOT be. If it would be easier for me to function without him wallowing around right now, part of me just needs to pretend like he's not there.

Budget: We spent close to $200 on prescriptions, supplements, and cold medicine this month. Yikes is an understatement. I spent nearly $100 on doctor's expenses, including two small bills and numerous co-pays. Next month should be better. Hulky's pay is getting split into two deposits because his class credits got screwed up and he was temporarily a part-time student. Things are scary-tight right now, but it should be better before we go away next week.

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Have they checked him for mono? I might have had it once (describing it to a doctor afterward), and I felt nauseous, dizzy, and had a massive headache.
    He's already had it, so unless it's a flare-up (which I guess can happen), it couldn't be that.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    No advice - just hugs. Hang in there.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    *hugs* Have been in a similar boat with my own husband. Reach out to your support network and get some practical help to ease a little of the burden. And vent away if it helps. xxx
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You need an outlet -- and if this journal is the outlet of choice - then by all means VENT!

I think you're doing well at seeing the things that are within your control and wanting to stay on top of them. And I think its also really good that you are seeing the emotional upset tied to things that are outside of your control.

Hulky needs to take his health into his own hands. As wives/partners we feel a compelling drive to be the caretaker of those closest to us. But - he's got to do something for himself. Try to lay out the plan you think he needs to follow and then let it go. If he fails to act on his own behalf its on his shoulders. Yes, it effects you.......... but you don't need to own any of it. And there is nothing wrong with letting him know it upsets you to see him so passive when his actions/inactions impact your life so significantly!

HUGS from me too.

Hope you get yourself fixed and are feeling wonderful before the big trip gets here.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation