Page 635 of 786 FirstFirst ... 135535585625633634635636637645685735 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,350 of 7856

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 635

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Waiting for Hulky at the walk-in clinic. I wish I had pushed him to go to the doctor's on Friday.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Amazon.com: Garden of Life Primal Defense Nutritional Supplement, 90 Count: Health & Personal Care
    This has "HSO"s which are the asme thing as SBO's, as far as I understand. SBO is soil-based organism, but I'm not sure what HSO stands for.

It's not the same blend as Prescript-Assist, but it's pretty extensive. I think I'll go with this one. It was recommended in the Resistant Starches thread.

P, I am eating rice & potatoes, but not a lot. I still need to fix my lack-of-breakfast situation and that will probably help loads. Undereating is really not good for constipation! Right now, I skip breakfast, have a mid-morning snack of clementines, have potato-only lunch, and then dinner is rice or potatoes w/ veg & meat. It's not enough food for me. I have to find the energy to break out of this bad routine.
    Hmm that looks familiar. I just started mine yesterday. Really hoping it helps (for you too).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Hoping to hear they find something worthy of treatment for hulky ....... and not the standard - "you have a virus - lots of fluids and let it run it course" ........... that answer is not helpful when you've been feeling so poorly for weeks on end!

I think a good blood screen would be helpful since he gets sick quite often.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Hulky got diagnosed with Acute Maxillary Sinusitis. I think? The prescriptions: Flonase (a steroid nasal spray, I used to use it for allergies, to reduce post nasal drip and open up the nasal passages), Naproxen Sodium (a prescription NSAID to alleviate the pain from the sinus pressure and hopefully reduce the vertigo as a result), and Doxycycline (I think? we were told it's the preferred antibiotic for respiratory & sinus infections). If the abx is going to help, he should feel a difference in 24-48 hrs. He got another doctor's note and fingers-crossed this will help clear his vertigo enough that he can start catching up on reading.

I think I want to get him on a regular probiotic to see if he stops getting as sick, once he's done with all this.

I have a little bit of hope that he'll be better soon...but it's hard to believe since this has been going on for so long.

Females issues - I'm pretty sure last night was night 7 of treatment. I have enough for more than 10 nights, but as long as the itching is gone by the 10th treatment, that's where I'm stopping (as prescribed). I'm tired of wearing pantyliners.

Sleep - Potato starch last night. I guess I'm doing that again, 1 T morning & evening. I felt like I slept better. I don't remember my dreams.

I had ice cream for dinner last night (~1/2 a pint). I was too stressed and tired after the walk-in clinic and I've been craving ice cream for weeks. There were some noxious gasses emanating from my lower regions before bed. I didn't bother getting a "good" one, I got Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra because it's my favorite. We watched the first episode of True Detective. It's pretty intense, but good. We need a break from Netflix and its incessant re-loading.

Heeyyyyy guess what? I had breakfast! Go me. Microwaved potato & two eggs over easy, cooked in butter. Hooray. It was sufficiently filling.

I'm going to make Hulky finish off all the OJ I bought. I am not sure what to do with the rest of the clementines since he won't eat them. I want to take a break from citrus fruits. Fortunately, mangoes are not a high acid fruit . Alllll the mango custard! Need more gelatin. I'll get a red canister of Great Lakes gelatin one of these days.

I am planning on getting some baking soda to leave at work, so I can rinse my mouth with a little water & baking soda after every meal. My sensitive gum area is still really bothersome after about 2 weeks. I might see if I can get to the dentist before our trip. I'm nearing my 6-month cleaning anyway.

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Fingers crossed for Hulky!
    I'm not an emo, I swear

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    We have a lot of experience at our house with sinus infections. Our ENT would prescribe what Hulky's doctor did but in addition a short course of prednisone and daily saline sinus rinse. Fortunately neither my son nor I have had a sinus infection in almost 2 yrs.
    I hope Hulky gets better soon.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    We have a lot of experience at our house with sinus infections. Our ENT would prescribe what Hulky's doctor did but in addition a short course of prednisone and daily saline sinus rinse. Fortunately neither my son nor I have had a sinus infection in almost 2 yrs.
    I hope Hulky gets better soon.
    Hulky's deviated septum makes it difficult for him to sort out a neti pot. His original doctor did tell him to use a saline nasal spray, but I don't think enough flow was getting in there. I would have made him use the neti pot with some tea tree oil early on if he was willing to keep trying . Hopefully the Flonase will be enough to reduce swelling, as it is a corticosteroid like Prednisone, but used locally. Thanks!

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    My son uses a Neilmed sinus rinse and he has a deviated septum. Since my son has to do the rinse daily I mix up a large container
    and then it's ready for him. If you have a microwave you can warm it very slightly and that makes it much nicer to use. The ENT wants him to use saline spray throughout the day but he's never made that a habit. Using Flonase daily will eventually make a big difference.
    NeilMed Pharmaceuticals - Sinus Rinse Isotonic
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Aaahhh thank you! I looked at the directions and I can see why that would work better than just a regular little squeezy bottle.

I microwave my water for the neti pot (in a bowl, not the plastic pot) before using so it's a comfortable temperature. I test the temperature on my bare wrist, baby formula style . If I can barely feel it or it's slightly warm, it's perfect (not too hot or cool for discomfort).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sure hope this is the ticket for getting Hulky well! Happy thoughts your way!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.