Page 626 of 894 FirstFirst ... 126526576616624625626627628636676726 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,260 of 8932

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 626

vh67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Nameless, have you tried hot prune juice for your constipation? I know it is an old person's remedy but after my first knee replacement I tried everything, including a prescription med with no success. Two hot shots of prune juice and I could tell it was working. Within 4-5 hours, I had my first bm. I had 8 ounces, as hot as I stand it, every hour until I pooped. I was pretty heavily medicated for pain but I thought it tasted much better hot too.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Nameless, have you tried hot prune juice for your constipation? I know it is an old person's remedy but after my first knee replacement I tried everything, including a prescription med with no success. Two hot shots of prune juice and I could tell it was working. Within 4-5 hours, I had my first bm. I had 8 ounces, as hot as I stand it, every hour until I pooped. I was pretty heavily medicated for pain but I thought it tasted much better hot too.
    I tried dried prunes and those worked okay (just a few in the morning). I forgot about those. I'll try prune juice if the tea stops working or has any other adverse effects. If prunes work well enough, I am sure I can get those in London when we're there.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

I am feeling nauseated today. Is this a new lovely side effect of my period or is it just from being tired?

Today could be over any time now and that would be fine by me...
    Journal

Depression Lies

Clarkie is offline Senior Member
    Dried apricots are supposed to work well too. Eat a handfull in the evening for a BM the next morning.

Liquid Gusto is offline Senior Member
    Carlson makes a vitamin E suppository. It is quite the multi-tasker. You can use it to help with a BM or as a lubricant prior to getting frisky!

Vit E suppository for BMs? That's a new one. Not something I see as a sustainable practice though.

Gut - I think this Smooth Move tea is dehydrating me. I had some Powerade last night to test that theory because I still felt dry & had a headache after meeting my usual hydration goals yesterday. I had about 1/2 a mug of the tea this morning, but if I can get out tonight, I'll grab either prunes or prune juice. My gut was regular enough a couple of weeks ago just with a morning carrot & the potato starch (which I've stopped for now) that I think prunes might be sufficient. We'll see. I started getting stomach cramps last night, about 22 hrs since I'd last drank the tea, and had BMs every 4 hours or so throughout the day (comfortable passage though). No idea what will happen today, I don't feel any urge to go.

I made spaghetti and meatballs last night. It was quite a bit of effort, but delicious. The meatballs were browned in tallow before I tossed them in the sauce. The sauce was a mix of storebought marinara with some plain tomato sauce (from one of those huge cheap cans, I had frozen what was left in a jar ages ago; my mom used to always use those as a base for pizza sauce), plus some sauteed onion and mushrooms. I roasted spaghetti squash for me and Hulky cooked his own spaghetti. I have some leftovers for lunch. I am not doing potato-only lunch right now because I want to make sure I'm getting more calories, but I might resume that as early as tomorrow. I HAVE to start eating breakfast again though.

Dinner tonight is probably going to be sausages, rice, & broccoli. I'll get the chicken salted & wrapped up in the fridge to roast on Thursday. I'm pretty sure we have enough groceries to last the rest of the week. As long as I spend under $100 on groceries next week, we'll have spent less than last month.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 04-01-2015 at 01:22 PM.
    Journal

Depression Lies

I slept better last night after not having the Smooth Move tea before bed, but still restlessly due to my period. I am still having very weird and sometimes scary dreams. I have taken the past few days off from supplementing potato starch or probiotics (Threelac) because I felt like my gut was really screwed up. I'm not sure yet when I'll resume. The bad dreams are exhausting and certainly not helping my moods. I wish I could sleep restfully without dreaming.

I feel defeated today. I want to know that I can have healthy children someday and support them. I don't want them to have the same problems that I have had, in terms of physical or mental health. How can I know I'm doing what's right for them? I need to know what's right for me first.

BTW, I used henna on my hair over the weekend. It came out darker than the last time I did it, but I used a different brand and it's not summer so my hair is darker anyway. Haven't had a good hair day since, so no pictures yet. Hulky likes it, I don't like it as much as I'd hoped. I might go for something more brown next time.
    Journal

Depression Lies

My hope to get out tonight for prunes or prune juice was a bit premature. It's pretty nasty out there right now, though not a lot of accumulated snow on the roads. I'm leaving work soon and will not be leaving the house again today!

I should have had a whole cup of the Smooth Move tea this morning =\
    Journal

Depression Lies

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Be careful having too many prunes. I wasn't feeling any relief with 2-3 a day, so I was eating 2-3 frequently (like maybe 2-3 times a day - haha so upwards of 9 prunes day), and it turned my urine red, and my poos purple... poos were still not frequent or substantial enough for the amount of effort required to have them. Prescript Assist has helped though, quite possibly it has helped too much? And the die-off from the bacterial wars produces quite the noticable amount of gas and stench - my cat doesn't seem to mind though... lol But, I know it's all temporary. I take two per day (both at the same time) so far. Once I feel satisfaction with the changes, I'll drop to 1 per day, and maybe less frequently than that after a while. If I complete the whole 90 capsule bottle and still don't find relief, I'll see my chiro about that Candibactin AR and BR.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    Checked out UFYH and I so want the app! But not sure I want to pay $2 for it... I also like the site A Slob Comes Clean. She doesn't drop the f-bomb as much as UFYH does (which provides an atmosphere I enjoy, actually - kind of like a "do it or I'll kick your ass" kind of atmosphere), but is equally as effective. I've been working very hard and keeping our house in order (with the exception of the kids' rooms... oy there's no hope there lol) and we're rather enjoying it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)