Page 626 of 678 FirstFirst ... 126526576616624625626627628636676 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,260 of 6775

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 626

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by kmarie View Post
    Your hair is adorable! I love both pics! The first is fun, funky and young. The second is chic and stylish with that great color and awesome cut. I'd do it like that for your trip
    The Brun might be pretty dark on your ash hair but I'm sure would look great too!
    I haven't tried henna but it's on my 'to do' list.

K
    My hair is too short now, but that cut is definitely going to happen again. The first pic is actually a slightly more grown out version of the second (posted as After and Before within a couple of months I think). Hulky's vote was red, so I'll probably go with that

The key is to find a henna without metallics. Whole Foods sells some brands that should be good. Henna that is safe to use on the skin (like those henna tattoos done for weddings in some cultures) is ideal. I've bleached over the henna made by LUSH Cosmetics and it was totally fine. Metallic henna would melt your hair if bleached!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I'm having cocoa & watching Dexter with the cat. We'll go out for a matinee tomorrow as long as Hulky is feeling okay. He fell asleep early tonight (not good at napping unless I'm around, I guess) and I know he needs the rest. I bet the beef stew will taste even more amazing tomorrow .

My tummy is a little upset. I'll probably go to bed kind of early, but am just trying to keep myself occupied for now. I keep feeling tempted to go out and buy things =\. I'm out of cocoa powder.

I'll post on this tomorrow, but I think I've got another health-related project in mind: homemade toothpaste to decrease oral sensitivity.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I love the cut! and I'm sorta partial to what nature gave you - so I'd say find a color that is as close to your natural as possible. It might be because I'm a generation older - but I just think natural is so much more feminine and beautiful. That being said -- fun colors are just that - FUN! So I guess it all depends on the look your after. Either way - you're adorable!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Grafter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    A bit of TMI embedded in this FYI.

Over time, the libido effect disappeared from the Vitex, though my PMS week was still better. Then I noticed I was growing dark hairs around my nipples! This seemed to me to be some indication of hormone issues so I stopped the Vitex. Of course the PMS week returned within a couple of cycles, so I resumed the Vitex, and then would continue that cycle on and off for about a year (would discontinue as soon as the dark hairs returned). I just had my hormones re-tested after a month off Vitex and my progesterone is low, but in range (and estrogen was low, but in range, whereas it had been mid-range before Vitex). I don't think it fixed anything. I have no idea why I had the results that I had, but if you want to try it, you'd probably notice a difference within a month if it's going to help (I started during a period and PMS was better by the next cycle). If it DOES affect your libido (negatively), based on how long it seems to effect me, I'd say it could take a few weeks for you to go back to normal.
    Just a clarifying Q (and don't answer if it is too tmi, or whatever). So, the hair just randomly showed up, shortly after taking the Vitex? And it may be a side effect of some sort of hormonal thing? As a few ladies I know get some hair there, but I have no idea if it was natural or potential a sign of some sort of hormonal imbalance.

Lol @ your greeting of calling the readers Muffins (a few pages back). Strangely enough, it was my nickname back in high school.
    turquoisepassion - I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Grafter View Post
    Just a clarifying Q (and don't answer if it is too tmi, or whatever). So, the hair just randomly showed up, shortly after taking the Vitex? And it may be a side effect of some sort of hormonal thing? As a few ladies I know get some hair there, but I have no idea if it was natural or potential a sign of some sort of hormonal imbalance.

Lol @ your greeting of calling the readers Muffins (a few pages back). Strangely enough, it was my nickname back in high school.
    I've never had those hairs before, but it struck me as a hormonal thing. It didn't show up until after I'd taken the Vitex for at least 3 months straight, then would go away within a month of stopping, return again when I'd resumed Vitex for a few months etc. I don't know, I always thought they weren't supposed to be there on female bodies?

Hulky and Fae are Big Muffin and Little Muffin, but Hulky responds to both

The short version of my oral health experiment is this: I want to make my own toothpaste.

Since girly night, when I indulged in a lot of refined sugar products, my gums have been extra sensitive. They have always been pretty sensitive, but worst since college. I remember seeing a couple of dentists about one particularly sensitive area and they prescribed an unhelpful mouth rinse. I saw another dentist and they said it's exposed root (I think? now I can't remember). The dentist that I see now said that I only need gum grafts again it bothers me aesthetically or physically. Well, most of the time it's not an issue. Sometimes I'll eat poorly and that spot will hurt for a couple of days and then it goes back to normal. It's been hurting for two days now. Rinsing my mouth with water & baking soda alleviates the discomfort briefly, which is why I think a homemade remineralizing toothpaste with a baking soda base might be very helpful.

Will my gums grow back to cover the root? No, probably not. Will it decrease the sensitivity? That's what I want to find out. The key, I think, is the pH levels in the mouth. Acidic foods have always been bothersome for me. I was never a soda drinker, so we're talking orange juice and citrus fruits. What I don't understand is why my diet is not helping to regulate this pH level. Maybe the toothpaste can help topically.

For now, I might buy Sensodyne so I can at least have some pain relief. The OraWellness brushing blend oil works great for the rest of my gums, but that one problematic area is not helped by it right now. When it's not already hurting, the oil works fine. Oil pulling on a regular basis would probably also be a good idea for me.

Sugars and dental caries
    Homemade Remineralizing Toothpaste Recipe for Oral Health Too expensive to make right now, but this is my base concept.
    Squeezable Homemade Toothpaste Recipe (Remineralizing) - Wellness Mama

*My first gum graft surgery was when I was 12. The orthodontist said I needed it on my front lower teeth before bottom braces could be installed. I don't remember what my gum line looked like before, but the gums have slowly been receding since. I think diet and poor oral hygiene is at fault there. I don't think there's any way it could have gone differently though so I don't blame myself.

I have been struggling not to spiral into some negative space due to stress lately. During PMS week, my mood was okay except for evenings. Once I stopped the progest-e in order to get my period, my moods lowered. I am trying hard not to be at Hulky's throat about little things and for just coughing! I don't feel much better today. Hulky feels so useless from being sick and I feel so fed up with doing everything myself, so I'm basically resorting to avoiding him so he doesn't have to feel bad about that.

I drank some Smooth Move tea (has senna in it) last night because I hadn't had a BM in 2-3 days. All I could get out from Vit C and mag citrate was gas. I plan on having more of that tea tonight and maybe for the next few nights just to get some regularity back. The tea was effective within a couple of hours last night, though not as much came out as I expected. In the past, it's resulted in diarrhea, but not this time. Possibly as a result of the tea, I woke up feeling terribly dehydrated last night, including a headache.

I had two gluten items last week: one brownie and one cupcake. My knee started to hurt very badly within an hour of eating those and lasted a whole day after the last one. I am sure these foods affected my digestion. They were delicious.

Now it's time for some scrambled eggs w/ mushrooms. I have to get groceries today, we're basically out of meat & frozen veggies and the goddamn potatoes get eyes so quickly.

Later: shoveling. We got a couple of inches last night.

I waited long enough to shovel so one of the upstairs neighbors did most of it . I don't know why they never target the driveway apron. Ugh, it's not going to get above freezing today, so we won't even get any meltage before more snow tomorrow. At least it's only 1-3". F*ck, it's been updated to 3-5". *cries self a river, which promptly freezes*

I spent way more than I had hoped on groceries last night. If we keep dinners simpler next week, we should still come in spending less than we did last month. That's my budget goal for right now. I am not sure if I can make the meat I bought last all week. I told Hulky I might do another potato hack and he begged me not to because of how grumpy I was last time ><. Dear lard, please let my paycheck arrive today so I can deposit it after work!

I have been feeling dehydrated and had a headache for the past couple of days. It might be the Smooth Move tea... I'll make sure I meet my water goal today and re-evaluate. I started my day today with a glass of OJ with 2 T collagen hydrosylate and 1 tsp sea salt, along with my supplements (resumed ginseng complex for mood support, for now). Kind of icky, but it did make me feel a little better. I also used the neti pot and I think I will use tea tree oil in it tomorrow. I know you can't catch sinus infections from other people, but I've been more congested than usual for a few weeks now and I don't want it to get any worse, like Hulky's did. So far, he's not feeling any better from the abx, but the Powerade is helping him actually retain water. Thankfully, it's on sale this week.

Sleep - I slept poorly for the past two nights, but had lots of very vivid dreams (some nightmare-ish). My nighttime routine is shaping up quite nicely. I'm inspired by the nightly reminders from this site Unfuck tomorrow morning | Unfuck Your Habitat. Yeah, obviously, there's "language" on the site . This will be a good habit to get into esp. when I start cycling again so I don't waste any time getting ready in the morning.

Gut - I read yesterday that cascara sagrada (aka. senna, what's usually in those laxative teas) can cause insomnia. Oops! That must be the cause of the poor sleep. I will take it in the morning instead, starting tomorrow. I had a BM yesterday mid-morning and last night after taking the tea, so everything seems to be catching up comfortably. In the past, this stuff gave me terrible gut cramps, but not this time.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Honeymoon is quickly approaching - you must be getting so excited! Glad the tea is working - that gives you confidence for a comfortable time in London. Do they make a tea that does the opposite??
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Nameless, have you tried hot prune juice for your constipation? I know it is an old person's remedy but after my first knee replacement I tried everything, including a prescription med with no success. Two hot shots of prune juice and I could tell it was working. Within 4-5 hours, I had my first bm. I had 8 ounces, as hot as I stand it, every hour until I pooped. I was pretty heavily medicated for pain but I thought it tasted much better hot too.