Page 625 of 779 FirstFirst ... 125525575615623624625626627635675725 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,250 of 7782

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 625

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    I don't know how much snow we got yesterday. It's very slushy today and we might get more over the next couple of days. Go awwaaayyyy I'm so done with yoouuuuu. At least weekend snow is easier to deal with.

Female issues - Night 1 of treatment complete. I don't think the tube has enough gel in it for 10 nights though! I'm going to call the gyn and leave a message. It barely looks like it has enough for a week though it came with 7 applicators. Maybe I am not supposed to fill them all the way? Anyway, I woke up with minimal itch this morning so that's a good sign. My period is late, so I stopped taking the Progest-E to see if that would trigger it to arrive (edit - just read that I'm supposed to do that, ooops. Period should arrive in a day or two). At least this should offset my period from arriving during the honeymoon!

The beef stew is simmering in the slow cooker. I dumped an unknown amount of red wine into it before adding a jar of homemade turkey stock & then water. I've used commercial chicken stock, beef stock, and just plain water before so I'm sure it will be fine with that combination of liquids.

My finances are in the process of shifting as I change how my paycheck deposits. Next month, I will have $100 for my own personal expenses and I have to consider carefully what supplements I want to try. I might get cascara sagrada to insure motility on the honeymoon, but I also really want to try Prescript Assist.

Gut - I am taking 200 mg of mag citrate at night for the time being. My gut has been a little too sporadic lately. I need a few consistent days so I can figure out what I'm doing right/wrong.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 02-14-2014 at 06:13 AM.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I tell you, all this snow can bite me. It's that time of year where I wonder why I live in NH. I'm dying to do a big cleaning in the house but there is no point until all of the shoveling and tracking snow everywhere stops. My kids have been home from school since yesterday and today and driving me nuts. They will be headed out soon to go sledding and do shoveling.

Are you still taking the ginseng? I've found that's a supplement I do better taking every day, and not missing days. That and the ashwaghanda.

Right! Weekend plans:

-Tonight: nomming on beef stew & going to see Robocop at the local theater (yessss I think I can pay for one of the tickets with the last of my gift card).
    -Exercise here and there. Exercises aimed at strengthening pelvic floor every day (the knee squeeze thing seems to be helping a lot!). Focus on relaxing pelvis when not exercising.
    -I had some thoughts for sewing projects yesterday and started one for mittens. I'll post pics if I make anything. I think some of it will just be organization & cutting stuff off of old t-shirts. I think I unfortunately threw out a sweater that would have been really good to make the cuffs for the mittens (this fleece is not stretchy in the right direction). The faux-fur would be fabulous, but is too hard to sew on such a small item.
    -Laundry, including tablecloth (and putting out a fresh one).

I think I'm going to do a potato hack towards the end of the month, just for the hell of it.

I am also pretty sure I am going to wear/bring my London Fog trench coat to London. From what I've read, the temperatures could vary a lot while we're there in March, but with the zip-out liner, it would be easier to Without a liner and unbuttoned, it's very comfortable on warmer days, but buttoned w/ the liner, it's warm on around-freezing days as well. Since it is long/big, I will be wearing it during our flights. Not the sexiest coat, but I love it. I just need to refresh the water resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Are you still taking the ginseng? I've found that's a supplement I do better taking every day, and not missing days. That and the ashwaghanda.
    I stopped the ginseng blend for now. It definitely helped my anxiety, but I wanted to minimize supplements for the time being. Progest-e seems to work really well for luteal phase anxiety/mood, based on my experience this month! We'll see how the rest of the month goes. I might bring it to London just in case.

Oh yay, Hulky got a diagnosis too! He got his dad to take him to the doctor. The doctor gave him a prescription for amoxicillin and told him to eat Cape Cod potato chips (it's a brand) and drink Gatorade. Basically, he needs to replenish his minerals & electrolytes so that the water he's drinking actually gets retained a bit. There are probably healthier ways to do that, but this is cheaper so whatever! I hope he starts to feel better soon. Assuming the antibiotic was prescribed correctly, it will probably help pretty quickly.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I've been experiencing some mood-related side effects from the Mirena I had inserted in November. My body is not used to hormones and I've been having intense mood swings that are definitely not in the norm for me. I saw my my OB-GYN Wednesday and she said I should try and track my moods for a few months before taking any other steps. Then she said Vitex might help (or chaste berry extract, since it's similar). She also suggested going on an anti-depressant, which was baffling to me. I would rather remove the source of the problem (the Mirena) than adding an anti-depressant to combat the side effects.

Can you give me a rundown of pros and cons of using Vitex? My doc said lack of libido can be a side effect, which in concert with the mood swings may be the reason the Mirena is such an effective form of birth control. I like my libido where it is lol.

Okay one more pooosssttt before the weekend.

I'm thinking of using henna on my hair again. Last time was 2011 and I used LUSH's caca rouge henna (yeah I don't know why they call it "caca", all the shades have that in the name). My hair smelled great for several days after, was super soft for a couple of weeks, and the color faded with no problems. It's metallic-free, so safe to use even over processed hair. You can also mix in stuff like coffee, tea, spices, or vinegar to change the outcome of the shade.

Clicky to embiggen. This is with caca rouge.

My natural color is kind of a light ash brown or dark ash blonde. This photo is kind of light, but you get the idea.

I have never had brown hair. I've done red and blonde plenty. I just want a change for now so I can feel less fed up with growing it out! Should I go red-brown, red, or brown? For red-brown, I'd get caca marron and brun, use a bit of each, and mix with coffee. For red, I could go with marron for a darker outcome or rouge like the one above. Brown would just be brun, but I'm not sure how muted it would come out on my ash hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    I've been experiencing some mood-related side effects from the Mirena I had inserted in November. My body is not used to hormones and I've been having intense mood swings that are definitely not in the norm for me. I saw my my OB-GYN Wednesday and she said I should try and track my moods for a few months before taking any other steps. Then she said Vitex might help (or chaste berry extract, since it's similar). She also suggested going on an anti-depressant, which was baffling to me. I would rather remove the source of the problem (the Mirena) than adding an anti-depressant to combat the side effects.

Can you give me a rundown of pros and cons of using Vitex? My doc said lack of libido can be a side effect, which in concert with the mood swings may be the reason the Mirena is such an effective form of birth control. I like my libido where it is lol.
    A bit of TMI embedded in this FYI.

Interesting that lack of libido could be a side effect, as that was not my experience, but mine has always been low. How do you feel about going with Paragard instead of Mirena? There are some methods for combating the increased menstrual flow (Vitamin E during luteal phase, but there's still an adjustment period that could be several months to a year), and you'd do away with the hormone factor completely.

So my situation is that I'm sensitive to hormones, which I've noted after years of being on birth control pills in college. I went with the Paragard for that reason. For me, Vitex helped for a little while, but not long term. I was first told to use it when diagnosed with low progesterone (right when I should be ovulating, when progesterone is supposed to be highest). It was below the recommended range. The nurse said to take it every day for a few months at least and that it might take a cycle or two to help. My symptoms prior to taking it were bad depression for the entire week leading up to my period, plus anxiety, with the worst day being the first day of my period and improving very quickly after that. By the first cycle after starting Vitex, the week of PMS had improved a lot!

I have always struggled with low libido and at first, Vitex helped with that! I increased my dose and found my libido was kind of overwhelming (for me) and used that as a way to find a comfortable dose. I don't know what it was in mg, I just went by # of capsules for whatever brand I was taking (leaf extract, not liquid).

Over time, the libido effect disappeared from the Vitex, though my PMS week was still better. Then I noticed I was growing dark hairs around my nipples! This seemed to me to be some indication of hormone issues so I stopped the Vitex. Of course the PMS week returned within a couple of cycles, so I resumed the Vitex, and then would continue that cycle on and off for about a year (would discontinue as soon as the dark hairs returned). I just had my hormones re-tested after a month off Vitex and my progesterone is low, but in range (and estrogen was low, but in range, whereas it had been mid-range before Vitex). I don't think it fixed anything. I have no idea why I had the results that I had, but if you want to try it, you'd probably notice a difference within a month if it's going to help (I started during a period and PMS was better by the next cycle). If it DOES affect your libido (negatively), based on how long it seems to effect me, I'd say it could take a few weeks for you to go back to normal.

Knowing where your hormones are now might be good, but not sure how accurate the results would be with the Mirena. I don't know how much it affects blood hormone levels.

Now I'm trying Progest-E (Ray Peat's progesterone & Vit E product). No PMS this month, but next month will be more telling since I was not that long ago taking Vitex. Libido has been really low for the past few months so can't really comment on that yet either. I know some people here take it with hormonal birth control so I don't think it would counteract the effect of the Mirena's localized hormones. The presence of the IUD acts as birth control pretty well on its own, I think.

Sorry if that was massively confusing, but hopefully it gives you something to think about!
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 02-14-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Oh, lastly, check out the IUD-Divas livejournal community! There might be some helpful testimonials there.

kmarie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your hair is adorable! I love both pics! The first is fun, funky and young. The second is chic and stylish with that great color and awesome cut. I'd do it like that for your trip
    The Brun might be pretty dark on your ash hair but I'm sure would look great too!
    I haven't tried henna but it's on my 'to do' list.

K