Page 624 of 769 FirstFirst ... 124524574614622623624625626634674724 ... LastLast
Results 6,231 to 6,240 of 7681

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 624

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    BTW, I got my fall of 2012 hormone results re-sent to me. Both tests were taken 7-10 days before my period, so should be luteal phase. The numbers in parentheses were the "healthy" ranges provided at the time. Interesting that the numbers were different this time around. In Fall of 2012, the range was called peri-ovulatory, and now it's referring to as mid-cycle and luteal phase.

Fall 2012
    Estradiol 327 pg/mL (95-433 pg/mL)
    Progesterone 0.9 ng/mL (0.31 - 1.52 ng/mL)
    TSH 0.64 uIU/ML (0.40 - 4.50)

February 2014
    Estradiol 72.4 pg/mL (63.9 - 356.7 pg/mL)
    Progesterone 3.44 ng/mL (2.65 - 21.1 ng/mL)
    TSH not tested

The nurse practitioner said that since the progesterone numbers are higher, she's not worried. Well, that's only one month off of Vitex, so I'm not surprised. I'm now using Progest-E during my luteal phase, a few drops on my gums a few times a day. My libido has already improved. I figure I'll do this for at least 6 months and then taper off.

But this means my estrogen levels have lowered? Not what I expected. No idea what to do about that.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I am working from home today, which means I'll probably do some tidying up around the apartment. Maybe some workouts.

Hulky is still mega sick. He feels like he got sick "again", but hasn't actually recovered from the viral cold he was diagnosed with last month. He's been sick for a month now, it's absurd. I am supplying him with tons of water, tea (Egyptian licorice, his favorite), and making sure he takes his pills (Vit D, Vit K, Zyrtec just in case it's allergy-related, and Mucinex). I don't know what else to do for him. We are both sick and tired of him being sick! I'm starting to feel really irritated when I hear him cough .

The snow isn't supposed to pick up until noon-ish, but I will have to go out during my lunch break to get more cat food. We have on opened can of wet food left and I ran out of the frozen raw stuff. Here's hoping the roads aren't too crazy when I need to go. I'll go to the Whole Foods in town, as that will be an easier trip (basically a straight shot there).

Female issues - My pelvic floor muscles are a problem again. I can feel them tweaking & spasming uncomfortably. I'm looking into exercises I can do at home. I can't afford to spend any more money on doctors or potential fixes this month.

kmarie is offline Senior Member
    Hope your Hulky is feeling better soon!
    K

Thanks. I made a game for him: every clear of the throat = sip of water. Every cough = a good pull of water. That should keep him hydrated . Our goal is two bottles full (a 27 oz Klean Kanteen) today, not including the tea he drinks. He's usually good at hydrating, so he should go over the goal, which is perfect.

I have a boneless pork butt or shoulder or something in the slow cooker. It sat in the fridge overnight slathered in spices, wrapped in plastic. The BBQ sauce I picked up is less than primal, but at least soy- dairy- gluten-free. I think it might be without questionable oils as well. I looked into making my own sauce, but it's a very involved process and I don't think it would work well without a food processor. The Ninja blender I have only does so much. Plus, buying a bottle is definitely cheaper than making my own sauce. Anyway, this is going to become pulled pork. If there'd be room in the budget, I would have gotten some rolls for Hulky to make sandwiches. I guess we'll just have it with oven fries.

I spent $50 on groceries this week. I think I can make that work through next week, though we're low on frozen veggies.

I got answers!

This is all about my vag, so if you don't want to know, don't read.

The gyn called me back and had the results of my vaginal culture. Negative for yeast, negative for BV, but a lot of white cells, more than usual, which is indicative of inflammation. She said that what is probably happening is the inflammation inside is causing excess secretion (but not so much that I notice it) and irritating the skin outside, so the steroid cream is only going to treat the symptom. She prescribed me clindamycin, a vaginal antibiotic gel (one that I have not yet tried), and diflucan, to help mitigate any yeast infection that might occur during treatment. The diagnosis is "desquamative inflammatory vaginitis". Basically, they don't know what causes it (but it's not sexually transmitted), but it's essentially a vaginal skin condition. Clindamycin is also used orally to treat acne. I still wonder if using acidophilus capsules would resolve this, but I will go the doctor's route. I feel hopeful, but also really nervous that this won't help. I want to get this resolved before London! I found information stating that 90% of patients get this resolved with clindamycin during a first course of treatment, so fingers crossed.

The treatment is for 10 days. I am about to get my period (possibly today, if things are on-time), but she said I could start whenever I want, just discontinue on heavy-flow days. If my period times itself right and the flow is light/not present at night, I will start using it immediately. If my period doesn't show up by bedtime tonight, I'm starting it (she said it would be fine to start it now and discontinue once I get my period).

I found some information that links Vitamin D deficiency with DIV. I have been taking 10,000 IU per day for probably around a month, but maybe I'll up the dose during my treatment just in case.

I walked to and from CVS, the roads are a mess so I guess we'll go without cat food for a little longer. There's enough in the can to last until Saturday, but then I will absolutely have to get cat food. I should defrost some chicken so I can give her a little extra food tomorrow though.

When I got back, I shoveled the sidewalk around the house, plus the apron, front walk and a path down the driveway. The snow is big and fluffy, coming down fast. It's supposed to turn to rain later and then MORE snow on top of it tonight. Underneath is bound to be all ice by tomorrow. I have to go back out later to shovel more . The driveway can't stay covered. I really wish Hulky was feeling better so he could help.

I'm a bit sore from the shoveling I already did so wary of doing much more.

I made a tasty scrambled egg lunch, Gordon Ramsey style. I dumped the eggs & butter on a pan (instead of a pot like he uses) and stirred continuously, occasionally taking it off the heat to cool for a minute while still stirring. When the eggs were getting a bit firmer, I added the salt & pepper, then mixed in a dollop of sour cream. That sour cream really made it. I threw out the rest so I won't eat anymore, no dairy for this gal . I put some guacamole on the side. I wish I could make eggs like that more often but daaaiirrryyyy In the Youtube video, Ramsey uses creme fraiche instead of sour cream.

Shoveled

again

so

tired

YYAAYYYY for having a functional body.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Good for you!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear you finally have a diagnosis and a treatment plan ! Going to London with that issue would certainly put a damper on things. Hope to hear you're feeling much better in a few days!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    YYAAYYYY for having a functional body.
    Jealous! But not of the snow. It's been to dry and cold here to snow most of this winter (is it spring yet? ;w; ). Hope this treatment works for you. Sounds obnoxious and bad for honeymoons.