Page 623 of 777 FirstFirst ... 123523573613621622623624625633673723 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,230 of 7762

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 623

canio6 Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    snipped...[/IMG]
    *tips fedora*

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Hhaha oh gourde.

So, I have already spent the $500 required on my new credit card to get $100 cash back. Yay. I guess I'll wait till the end of the month at least until I decide what to do with it. Most likely, I will end up using it to pay to get my name updated on title & registration for the Mustang, and get that stupid thing inspected (erm, when the snow thaws, I ain't shoveling it out).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread101764.html Favorite recipes for leftover wine

Anyone have suggestions? Post on the thread!

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    To be quite frank, I've NEVER enjoyed most female contact. I was/ am a tomboy, one of the guys. They wanted to play Barbies or talk about boys or other girlie shit.
    I think a small part of it was the twin girls across the street I occasionally played with before I started school. They were girlie girls. About once a week, either I or they would bail because we couldn't understand why the other wanted to do whatever it was. There was never any animosity, that I recall, just "WTF are you doing? I'm gonna go do my own thing."
    I've been to a few girls nights with gaggles of girls and 9 times out of ten ended up in a corner with a book while they yapped away about stuff I couldn't care less about (no, I really don't care what the celebrity is doing or if Jimmy thinks you're cute.)
    I figured out early on that I prefer guy company. Less drama, less trying to figure out what who actually meant by what, and more realism. (Realism is where you can tell when someone is being truthful and not a jerk, and less unnecessary conversational fluff.) Hell, I think by the time I was 3, I was spending more time hanging out with the neighbor boy than the the twin girls.
    ^^^THIS THIS THIS^^^

Stick blender - I got one at Walmart for $20. Proctor Silex I believe is the brand. Works like a champ.

Credit card cash back - sometimes they offer it as a credit on your credit card... just something to be aware of so you don't get disappointed if you don't get a check. I currently have a $46 "cash back" bonus on my credit card that I can't touch b/c it's not $50 yet, and it doesn't come by way of actual cash, which is bogus. It's more like a discount than anything. Brad has a "cash back" bonus on one of his cards too that works as a discount in certain stores (Cabela's being the only one we'd shop at). I hope yours is a true blue cash reward and not one of these fake rewards.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I posted a recipe on the thread!

Jenn, my cash back gives me several options. I looked into that before I got the card I can have it direct deposit, go to a gift card, send me a check, or go towards my card balance. I'm waiting to decide what I want to do so it's not wasted.

Thanks Zanna!

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread101764.html Favorite recipes for leftover wine

Anyone have suggestions? Post on the thread!
    Whut leftover wine??

(Checking this one out for sure. Will probably post. )

Wine gives me a headache and seems to irritate my female issues, so I don't drink it anymore. The girls did not drink much at girly night.

Female issues - I know, lucky me, right? The f*cking steroid cream isn't working anymore. I might use some of Hulky's hydrocortisone cream instead. There's plenty in the tube and he hasn't been needing it. I'm so fed up with this. I have no idea what I could be reacting to and why it would be ONLY there. The gyn was so nice, but I think she is just as clueless about this as everyone else has been. I'm supposed to get my period within the next couple of days and that is bound to make things worse.

Gut issues - Between the tortilla chips and the sour cream, my gut stopped up from Sunday till yesterday evening. I took mag citrate mid-day and it was very effective, so many my gut was just taking its time? I took it again at bedtime. The chips are gone and the sour cream has nothing else to go with, so I'll ditch that and continue to avoid dairy and now corn. I don't feel like I had that much sour cream, so that's why I'm considering that corn could be an irritant for me.

Mood - Overall, my moods have been decent lately BUT I keep getting INCREDIBLY irritable in the evening. This could be PMS, but I don't know why it's only that time of day. Maybe it's because I'm not eating much. I guess step 1 is resuming breakfast.

I didn't go grocery shopping last night so now I'm stuck going tonight while everyone else stocks up for the incoming weather. Right now, the forecast is 4-6", but a high of 38F so I think it's going to be wet and heavy. Loooovely. I want to get mushrooms, onions, red potatoes, stew meat, water chestnuts (is that going to be totally weird in a beef stew?), beef stock, garlic, and asparagus. We probably need some more meat to stock the freezer too. Tonight, I want to make some kind of white wine sauce with some chicken breast, which I'll serve with oven fries & broccoli. I hope it comes out okay. Valentines Day dinner is going to be beef stew (with some of the leftover red wine). I had wanted to make pot roast since that is Hulky's favorite, but I think that requires more maintenance than I can provide since I'll be working most of the day.

I don't know what kind of coat/jacket to bring to London or shoes. How rainy is it (drizzly, just wet, or actual accumulation)? Will I want something to cover my head? I don't like getting my head wet in the rain or snow, for some reason. It doesn't bother Hulky at all. I need to re-waterproof my shoes.

Because I'm a smarty-pants, I got $16 cash back from the tours & things I booked from viator.com by using a cash back site that I signed up on ages ago. That will help make up for the extra-large electricity bill we got this month! I guess the PS3 drains a lot of power.

I was feeling achy this morning so I didn't do much of my pull-up workout, but I did a set of each activity. Odd, my right shoulder feels weaker than my left now. I have always been right-dominant. My legs felt really weak when I did my deadlifts.

I used the neti pot this morning *pats self on back*. As long as I remember to boil fresh water before bed, I can do this every morning. In the morning, I pour a bowl of water from the kettle, microwave until it's warm enough, then use. 40 sec seems to be the right time for this time of year. When the apartment is warmer, 25-30 sec is enough.

I want to make sure Hulky knows how proud I am of him. He is taking it really slow on the pull-up bar. His left shoulder, which had surgery on it for a labral tear 2 years ago, is still weaker than his right since he never exercised it much after healing. It gets sore faster than the other side, so he is basing all his efforts on how that side feels. Normally, he'd push through the discomfort and injure himself. He's been staying at around 7 pull-ups/chin-ups for the past week or so until his shoulder is more comfortable. He hasn't been keeping up with the physical therapy on his sprained foot/ankle, but it's getting better on its own. Habits like physical therapy and supplements are hard for him, otherwise I would get him his own canister of collagen hydrosylate to have at least 3T a day for his joints. I tried to get him to use it previously, but it was too much to keep reminding him.

I can hang on the pull-up bar for about 12 seconds now. I can hold myself up if I jump up to the top position of a chin-up for at least 5 seconds. Lowering myself from there doesn't go so well, but I can kind of do it, so that's something to work on . Even if it's just a little every day, every day helps!