Page 62 of 677 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162562 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 62

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    I wonder if it can go the other way, crack a Kindle for the Nook apps? My dad got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and I think he might enjoy fiddling with it. I just found a guide for how to root it to use Android Apps though, so that's pretty sweet for a cheap tablet option! [[repeats to self I don't need a tablet, I don't need a tablet...]]

Yesterday's food: 1/2 lb ground beef w/ seasoning for breakfast (boring I know, but didn't have time for the veggies). Peckish by later afternoon. Dinner was scrumptious chicken thighs with roasted onions & carrots. I was hungry after and had two sweet potatos with ghee (one was quite small) and then ate some Trader Joe's coconut oil straight out of the jar... I keep forgetting that I can't do that. I ended up feeling very nauseous and like barfing would be the best option, but I didn't. The TJ's CO is very good though, it reminded me of those Girl Scout cookies I used to like (ones with the hole in the middle, with coconut & chocolate?). I probably won't use it much until I am trying out eggs again. Anyway, I felt a bit off this morning still and my BM reflected some poor food choices (very soft and...a lot). I feel better now.

Symptoms: "digestive disturbances" as described above. Congestion is clearing minimally, but still have pressure in ears and runny nose, sore throat etc. Will do neti pot within an hour of bed tonight. Did not sleep well last night, I need to adjust the thermostat (bedroom was HOT).

I'm a bit tired of chicken and all we have are chicken thighs in the freezer!

Brain: Focus and mood are back to normal (good), especially now that I'm back on Tyrosine. I haven't had any problems with grinding gears while driving since adding back the Tyrosine either. Guess I'll be keeping that for a while! I probably will continue to take a week off every few months though. I don't think the 5-HTP is working for me anymore. I'm going to try taking 1 pill at dinner and 1 before bed tonight. If an increased dose doesn't help, I may just stop for a while.

Boyfriend and I are dreaming about a vacation over his spring break. Realistically we should be saving up for a cheap washer & dryer, but since we'd have to arrange for getting the moved and he's out of commission, it's likely that we won't be getting either for a while. It's nice to have another $ goal though. If we do go on vacation, we'll probably buy tickets soon, so it's even more important that I spend wisely this month! We'd really like to go somewhere warm.

BTW He's getting surgery. I went with boyfriend to his appointment this morning and got to see the MRI. The labral ligament has separated from the bone & bicep tissue, or something like that. Some people apparently opt to "live with it", but since his pain is constant (not just when he moves it), he's going for the surgery, next week on Friday. 1 week in a sling, 2-3 months of physical therapy, 6-8 months to full recovery (or being able to rock climb, since that's what he wants to do). I will probably join him in rock climbing once he's recovered. I hope my natural fear of heights (not really over the top, but the heart does get a-racing) doesn't hold me back!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I wonder if it can go the other way, crack a Kindle for the Nook apps? My dad got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and I think he might enjoy fiddling with it. I just found a guide for how to root it to use Android Apps though, so that's pretty sweet for a cheap tablet option! [[repeats to self I don't need a tablet, I don't need a tablet...]]

Yesterday's food: 1/2 lb ground beef w/ seasoning for breakfast (boring I know, but didn't have time for the veggies). Peckish by later afternoon. Dinner was scrumptious chicken thighs with roasted onions & carrots. I was hungry after and had two sweet potatos with ghee (one was quite small) and then ate some Trader Joe's coconut oil straight out of the jar... I keep forgetting that I can't do that. I ended up feeling very nauseous and like barfing would be the best option, but I didn't. The TJ's CO is very good though, it reminded me of those Girl Scout cookies I used to like (ones with the hole in the middle, with coconut & chocolate?). I probably won't use it much until I am trying out eggs again. Anyway, I felt a bit off this morning still and my BM reflected some poor food choices (very soft and...a lot). I feel better now.

Symptoms: "digestive disturbances" as described above. Congestion is clearing minimally, but still have pressure in ears and runny nose, sore throat etc. Will do neti pot within an hour of bed tonight. Did not sleep well last night, I need to adjust the thermostat (bedroom was HOT).

I'm a bit tired of chicken and all we have are chicken thighs in the freezer!

Brain: Focus and mood are back to normal (good), especially now that I'm back on Tyrosine. I haven't had any problems with grinding gears while driving since adding back the Tyrosine either. Guess I'll be keeping that for a while! I probably will continue to take a week off every few months though. I don't think the 5-HTP is working for me anymore. I'm going to try taking 1 pill at dinner and 1 before bed tonight. If an increased dose doesn't help, I may just stop for a while.

Boyfriend and I are dreaming about a vacation over his spring break. Realistically we should be saving up for a cheap washer & dryer, but since we'd have to arrange for getting the moved and he's out of commission, it's likely that we won't be getting either for a while. It's nice to have another $ goal though. If we do go on vacation, we'll probably buy tickets soon, so it's even more important that I spend wisely this month! We'd really like to go somewhere warm.

BTW He's getting surgery. I went with boyfriend to his appointment this morning and got to see the MRI. The labral ligament has separated from the bone & bicep tissue, or something like that. Some people apparently opt to "live with it", but since his pain is constant (not just when he moves it), he's going for the surgery, next week on Friday. 1 week in a sling, 2-3 months of physical therapy, 6-8 months to full recovery (or being able to rock climb, since that's what he wants to do). I will probably join him in rock climbing once he's recovered. I hope my natural fear of heights (not really over the top, but the heart does get a-racing) doesn't hold me back!
    Advice on the kindle fire: Kindle Fire Root! [New][6.2.1] - YouTube

Tell him good luck with the surgery. I would get the surgery too.

I hate surgery.

Brain: Focus and mood are back to normal (good), especially now that I'm back on Tyrosine.
    That's all that matters.
    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 01-03-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Neti pot: 0. Congestion: 1.

Yesterday's food: Chicken stock. Leftover crock pot chicken & onions (delicious). Steak and broc. Day 3 of Whole 30, another success. I ate too many nuts, but they're gone now. I absolutely HAVE to get back to 3 meals a day to stop the evening cravings.

Congestion is awful, took a shower last night and it helped clear me up a *little* and I bundled up in the spare bed and got a few hours of sleep in. I made the call and am staying home to rest today. I am going to suck up my pride and get something at CVS for the congestion today, I can't spend another night like that.

Slow start today, but that's okay. I'll take my supplements soon.

Period arrived this morning and cramps came along with it. I don't think I had any PMS symptoms this time around, which is nice, but it also means it kind of snuck up on me!

I started to worry a lot last night about my hair and how much I've lost. It wasn't until yesterday that I realized how much I've lost, when I pulled it back into a pony tail and was seeing scalp all over. I guess on the plus side, at least it's all over loss and not bald spots. I panicked, did some research, and came to the conclusion that it's probably linked to my low ferritin levels (symptoms mimic hypothyroidism). Sadly I can't start taking it (it arrives today) until I get my C supplement (no ship date yet)! I am anxious to stop losing hair . I am also excited to see what my hair is like when it's not falling out and it ALL feels as nice as the hair I currently have!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Good luck to the BF on the surgery! Hope it fixes him up so you can start harassing him about making the switch to Primal without guilt

I'm sorry you're sick- but it's great that you're able to stick with the Whole 30 anyway! I bet it'll help you feel better more quickly.

That sucks about your hair! Is there any way this might be from the dying? Not that I want you to ditch the blue hair- but it's a thought? I'm not sure how sensitive your hair is. Hope it grows back quickly!

It's not just blue hair that's coming out and it's coming out at the roots, no breakage. The Vitamin C comes next week I think.

I had some roasted chicken thighs for a late lunch. The trip through the grocery store was TRYING. I just wanted a fucking brownie! Boyfriend had fun teasing me and it kind of helped. "Can you eat this?" "No." about everything we passed haha.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    "Can you eat this?" "No." about everything we passed haha.
    That would drive me nuts haha.

I went like 4 days craving nothing but a huge pizza.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Well the good thing is I have absolutely 0 interest in eating those things (cereal is the thing I remember mostly from the aisles, and I never liked cereal that much because it wasn't filling). It's just the sugar and pizza that calls to me. I think he partly did it for his own entertainment because he realizes that I eat much healthier than he does, though I don't think he's convinced on the grain business yet (considering he bought bagels and sandwich bread at the store).

The sinus poop continues. Uh...sorry, I use poop as a general descriptor, there's not actually poop coming out of my nose.

The sinus-thing-that-I-have continues. My mom said my bro has a sinus infection so I bet I picked it up from him before he got any symptoms over the weekend. What a little jerk. Can I just say how HORRIFIED I am that he's turning 14 this month? Horrified in a humorous sense because it makes me feel old and I'm so proud of all that he's accomplished and how bright he is. Horrified is the true sense of the word because of all of the things lacking that he could be mastering with a little more focus, like working with someone to get him to eat vegetables, learning to tie his shoes, etc. And you know, turning him primal. He'd pretty much be a carnivore unless I could switch him to sweet potato fries, but I guess that works for some. My parents are too busy to provide the structure that he needs, I just hope that this new school can help with the day-to-day things he needs to learn, like how to shop and using money. Stop brain. Done.

Food yesterday: (this is a great exercise for my memory, so hard for me to remember what I do day to day, my alibi would be severely scrutinized) Broth in the morning, chicken thighs in the late afternoon, sushi for dinner. Day 4 down, onto day 5.

Mood/brain: Not feeling cranky from the sleep problems (not breathing well from sinus congestion), so that's a plus! Just not having very good focus or sentence structure. I don't like driving when I feel like this, my reaction times aren't great usually anyway. I took my first iron supplement last night because why not. If I get constipated, I'll wait till the vitamin C arrives!

My jeans are a bit loose today, and this pair usually fits very well. I'm hoping it's because I wore them once already this week (they seem looser than one-wear's worth) and not because I'm losing weight! I really don't want to go back to my high school weight. I like my small curves! Let me keep them!

Definitely slimming down more, based on visual assessment, though today's pants are loose enough that they're not helpful in determining how much. There's a scale at the office I can use, I might weigh in weekly out of concern. Can cutting nightshades (mostly) & the minimal amount of dairy I was eating really make that much of a difference or is it something related to this illness?

I have not had all the amazing luck that so many others have in not getting sick since going primal. Then again, I've got a few underlying issues that have been going on for a while that probably aren't helping (compromised good bacteria, yeast overgrowth, low iron). I took another iron supp yesterday, was a little constipated, but no bloating or pain as a result, so I might continue even without my Vitamin C... I want to heal! Estimated delivery is not till next Thurs, but it's only coming from Rhode Island. The probiotic is estimated for the 17th =\ I'm taking the lower probtiocs I have for now so I'm at least getting something, but I think it's only 1.5 billion cultures. I think I have another that has more, I'll have to check.

Sleep: Managed to clear up a nostril by walking around the apartment last night so I slept fine. I woke up once in anticipation of boyfriend coming to bed, but he was just going to the kitchen, and I fell back asleep. He stayed up all night, which helped me sleep because he wasn't smothering me with all the pillows (propping him up so he can sleep), but I worry about him not getting enough sleep. Surgery in one week. I want to drive him to and from the appointment, but we don't know what time it will be yet. I think he's more nervous than he lets on.

Mood/brain: More functional than yesterday, thank goodness, but still pretty tired. I haven't been thinking about carbs lately, just eating, and I don't seem to be suffering for it, so this is good.

Symptoms: Congestion with some post nasal drip. Sore throat is going away at least. Lots of sinus pressure. Nothing is coming out today Tea time! Uh..and one of my toes is numb? It was bright red this morning and it kind of hurts if I press it, but I can't really feel it otherwise. Wonder what I did to it.

Hair: My new conditioner is nice, it doesn't leave as much build-up as I think the last stuff did, but that might mean it has more chemicals that I don't want, I don't know. My hair dries faster, feels clean, and has volume as long as I only finger comb it after I shower (which is REALLY annoying, but I'll do what I have to). My hair no longer smells musty, which is excellent. The blue (now green) is still coming out faster than before, so I don't know if it reached it's life expectancy or it's the conditioner. I might try to find a more natural conditioner to use daily, like a bar-based one make from goats milk or something like that. I don't want this conditioner to take my color out after I dye it again!

I'm feeling a bit depressed and out of it. Kind of like my eyes can't focus properly and things are wiggling in my vision. Concerning. Maybe I needed that sweet potato with lunch after all (wasn't hungry for it). Going to try and escape work early so I can take it easy at home...