Page 615 of 761 FirstFirst ... 115515565605613614615616617625665715 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,150 of 7605

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 615

ezeflier is offline Member
    Shop Now
    "I hate cooking in the morning, I always end up smelling like whatever I cooked all day. It's not that burger patties smell bad, but when the smell lingers on your clothes, it ends up smelling kind of rancid. "

I'm the same way...

Get an apron. Or wear an old long sleeved shirt while cooking. And a hat/scarf to cover your head.

Cheers,

Matt-

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ezeflier View Post
    "I hate cooking in the morning, I always end up smelling like whatever I cooked all day. It's not that burger patties smell bad, but when the smell lingers on your clothes, it ends up smelling kind of rancid. "

I'm the same way...

Get an apron. Or wear an old long sleeved shirt while cooking. And a hat/scarf to cover your head.

Cheers,

Matt-
    Hulky has a long-sleeved chef's coat I can wear from a cooking job he had a couple summers ago Guess I just need a chef's hat now...
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Maybe I should make an Odds & Ends post about this

What day trip should we do?

-Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath
    -Stonehenge, Salisbury, Bath
    -Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Oxford

Hulky wants to see a castle, so probably Windsor. I don't think we'll pay the entry fees anywhere, so it would just be walking tours and wandering around the cities/towns.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Maybe I should make an Odds & Ends post about this

What day trip should we do?

-Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath
    -Stonehenge, Salisbury, Bath
    -Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Oxford

Hulky wants to see a castle, so probably Windsor. I don't think we'll pay the entry fees anywhere, so it would just be walking tours and wandering around the cities/towns.

Stonehenge is rather dull. Last time I was there they had a fence around it. This may have changed. Outside of saying "Yeah, I saw it in person" it is not worth the trip.

Windsor Castle is cool. Warwick castle (near Oxford) is better.

Oxford rocks if you go on a day they are open (not Monday)

Bath I have not been too though Arya from GoT lives there and I have seen pictures of her dancing in the street. I would go just for that.

Salisbury has a nice cathedral so I hear. I have never seen it so have no idea how it rates compared to others.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

ezeflier is offline Member
    London is a hoot.

London favorites (not day trips):
    - It's pretty nerdy but our family really liked Greenwich. It's where the prime meridian is (where all longitude is referenced), along with a cool observatory / museum with some of the first reasonably accurate clocks. If it's a nice day, there's a great park that looks over the Thames.

- Victoria and Albert Museum (V&A): Decorative arts and design - which sounds kind of weird, but it's remarkable. They have a collection of Stradivarius instruments and a large Chihuli glass sculpture in the entryway. And lots of other stuff.

- British Museum: Home of the Elgin Marbles, and the Rosetta Stone. You can walk right up to the Rosetta Stone (in a large glass case). It's beautiful and was surprisingly impressive to me. The Reading Room is cool.

- The Cutty Sark - a cool old ship - also in Greenwich

- Liberty and Harrods: unique, immense department stores

My dad and I took a day trip out to Duxford Air Museum - just outside Cambridge. Mind boggling collection (and he and I have been to a lot of cool air museums). The train ride up there was fun too.

I think entrance is free to the big museums in London...

I recommend looking at Rick Steve's guide to London - if you haven't already. It's $10 for the Kindle (usable on smart phones, etc) and $13 for paperback.

I also recommend a travel clothesline - like the Lewis N Clark version shown on Amazon B00004SRAJ

Cheers,

Matt-

Sweeeeet thank you!

There was also a trip to Leeds castle, Canterbury Cathedral, and Cliffs of Dover (just a drive-by from the sounds of it).

Leeds Castle, Canterbury Cathedral and Cliffs of Dover Custom Day Trip - London | Viator
    That's the site I've been browsing. I should book any of our tour stuff soon...

Hulky wants to see a castle, the rest is mostly up in the air. I don't think we'd pay for entry at any of these places, so walking towns are probably best.

GARRRRRR

I woke up feeling more sick, just as I was starting to feel better. I'm sneezing my head off today. Can we blame it on the weather? At least I'm at home. I should get the slow cooker going soon, but need Hulky to clear the sink of dishes first.

Time for tea & vitamins.

Female issues - I feel more itchy than yesterday and I'm done with the treatment. The weather is probably going to prevent the gentian violet from getting here on time. If this approach doesn't work, I'm going the bacterial route, which is to supply bacteria to the vaginal environment in the hopes that something is missing and this will help to re-balance. Right now, I'm just trying to kill things off, but that might be overkill.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Stonehenge has just had a new visitors center opened up, the entry price has gone up threefold to 15 though, but they do run a shuttle bus right upto the stones, they took the fence down to appease the druids who see it as somewhere to go during the solstices.... Stonehenge also isn't that far from Bath, where there's Midford Castle, not the biggest, well nowhere near as big as Windsor anyway, but it is kind of cool!!

Salisbury cathedral is an impressive edifice, it's a nice place, but there ain't much else their, and again it's not that far from the stones....

I only live 12 miles away from Bath, so if you do come West....

The museums ezeflier mentioned are good, as is the Natural History museum.

Yayayay thanks for more suggestions! I don't think we'll pay to go into anything, this would be just to get to the various towns/locations and wander or do free walking tours.

We love natural history museums and it's definitely on our list

I just got in from over an hour of shoveling. Fortunately, the upstairs neighbors joined us this time. I did most of the sidewalk (wraps around one side of the house to the driveway at the back) on my own, then a good chunk of the apron. I like tackling it in that order because I feel like it gets the important stuff done first. Obviously the driveway length is needed too, in order to back out, but in an emergency, the apron is still more important.

I did intervals of quick shoveling with breath-catching breaks for the sidewalk portion. Good cardio! The apron was all slow "heavy" lifting. It's perfect snowball snow, not too dense and not too fluffy.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I get paid biweekly, but a monthly budget makes more sense to me than weekly or anything else because we have monthly expenditures.

I think cash for groceries might be wise... Nice thing about next month is we'll have a week out of the country so should spend less all around .
    If your bills are due at different times of the month (i.e. utilities and rent first two weeks, car payment, auto insurance, cell phones second two weeks) it might be beneficial to consider a bi-weekly budget. Since Brad and I get money weekly (we're both paid bi-weekly, on alternating weeks - this week, I get paid, next week he gets paid) we have a weekly budget. My spreadsheet is separated by month, presenting 4 or 5 weeks depending on how many weeks in that month. Bills are paid in order of their due date (unless there is a surplus of bills in that pay period that extends beyond our income for that week - if that's the case, things that can be paid early b/c they're regular monthly bills without an invoice/stub that have to be mailed (truck, car, etc) are paid early).

We used to do a monthly budget and just paid things as they came in the mail, but then we found we'd run out of money before pay day or have to be late on a payment b/c we'd paid something else first. Having our budget set up to correspond with pay dates helped immensely.

Just throwing those suggestions out there. After 2 years of very dutifully working on our budget, I've tried a lot of things. I've found that building your budget based on how often you get paid works the best for us. We're not good at holding onto money until it's needed (i.e. setting $200 aside for pay the city utilities bill in 3 weeks), so we set things up in our budget to coincide with the paycheck that is received closest to that due date. Intuitively, it makes sense to me. But, you gotta do what works for you. I wish you luck with it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)