Page 613 of 747 FirstFirst ... 113513563603611612613614615623663713 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 7465

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 613

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Fo realz, we have practically no games for it!

So I worked at a Sony retail store as a technician for about 7 months. The store closed and I ended up at a better job (my c urrent one) so it's all good. Before it closed, they had this ridiculous trade-in sale where you could bring in old laptops, cameras (camcorder or regular digital), cellphones, and mp3 players for gift cards. We brought in the most decrepit old laptops that Hulky's dad had kicking around and ancient other electronics that *might* have worked. My parents got about 1/2 off a 40" HDTV. I got a good chunk off a D-SLR camera. Hulky got a PS3 and a couple of games for free AND had leftover on his card so I used it towards my stuff. They shut down the trade-in really quickly when they realized people were taking advantage of it with broken/old stuff. I mean we're talking bags and bags 15 yr old Nokia cellphones. There was a minimum value for a lot of it, but no real restrictions on what we could take other than "it turns on". We haven't really played many games on it, mostly used it for Netflix until we got a TV with a Netflix app (when the store was closing, got a 40" Google TV for 50% off), now just for the occasional blu-ray.

So. I recently bought a couple of used games: Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 and Rock Band 2. I plan on getting the other Lego HP game because it's just such easy fun. I will probably try to get Rock Band 3 as well, but it's still kind of expensive. I'm not really into RPGs or shooting games. Not really sure what's out there!

BTW, if anyone has a Steam account, add me. I'm namelessw0nder
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    assassin's creed? Dishonored? Both stealth games - the latter of which involves no killing if you play a certain way. It's pretty difficult, though.

I was gonna recommend GTA 5 and Red Dead Redemption, but maybe you wouldnt like them.

Ooh! What about the Batman games?

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Fallout. Play some Fallout. That sh*t is addictive.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    YES. Canio is on it.

Left 4 Dead? Maybe? (Just because I love zombies)

Dead Space is also awesome

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yeah, I've played them all, and even with nostalgia glasses on New Vegas was my favorite Fallout.

Catherine is the best game on ps3 btw. I can't really recommend much since I'm mostly an RPG/weeaboo fighting game guy, but both Dishonered and Red Dead Redemption were good.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Remember Me and Mirror's Edge too

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Little Big Planet. That shit is addictive, especially if you're like me and HAVE to get/ do every single thing in the game.
    Red Dead Redemption, although I haven't played much of it yet.
    The Final Fantasies.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Hulky played Red Dead Redemption & I think we still have it. He had a GameFly subscription for a little bit (like Netflix, but for games) and when he cancelled it, he forgot to send that game back. I watched him play a lot of it, but it looked kind of tedious (SO much riding around).

I love the Fallout games (though I have only played 3 and NV). To be clear, I usually play stuff on PC, so that is why my PS3 collection is so meager. I have Batman Asylum, City, and Origins on Steam. Currently re-playing City to get a bunch of the achievements. I suck at combat, so I mostly ignore those, just trying to get all the side quests.

Little Big Planet was on my list ages ago, might see if I can get a used copy. I am also working on getting ALL THE THINGS in Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 so, yeah, I'm an achievement whore.

I never played "classic" games growing up so I'm really not a fan of turn-based stuff.

Okay Catherine is rated really well, but all the screenshots are kind of freaking me out haha
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 02-03-2014 at 05:36 AM.

Health shizz

Sinfest
    Hopefully nobody here feels like this today

Saturday I ate well, but Sunday I under-ate. Seems like I'm only good at eating sufficiently one day out of the weekend. My gut was sluggish as a result.

I hate cooking in the morning, I always end up smelling like whatever I cooked all day. It's not that burger patties smell bad, but when the smell lingers on your clothes, it ends up smelling kind of rancid. Lunch today is the last of the potatoes I had in the cupboard with two burger patties. Grocery shopping tonight!

I felt kind of sick on and off this weekend. Increased post nasal drip, very tired, light cough. I guess I'm still working out whatever virus Hulky caught. He's still pretty sick. It's been at least 3 weeks and I am worried.

Last night, Hulky and I used some gift money from my aunt to go out to dinner. It was really nice to have some time with him outside of the apartment. We went to Legal Sea Foods, a seafood chain that originated in Boston and has a number of locations on the east coast. They have a good gluten-free selection. I had swordfish (with mashed taters & broccoli) and a chocolate mousse parfait (unsweetened with real whipped cream, soooooo rich and good). We chatted about the honeymoon and he offered to put any supplement/food-items I need in his bag so I don't have to be stressed if bags get searched . I think I would be stressed about it anyway, but I really appreciate the offer. Hulky said checking bags is up to me. He can definitely pack for a week in a carry-on, but I am not sure if I can.

After dinner, we watched the last two quarters of the Superbowl. That's as much as I've ever watched of it! Hulky spent a lot of time explaining things to me, but I think we both enjoyed the dedicated time together (as opposed to our usual cough-slothing to Netflix). Some of the commericials were kind of sweet, but I find myself overall unmoved by consumerism.

I haven't been doing my full pull-up workout because of being so tired. I want to do it at least twice this week. I'm still periodically doing 10-sec hangs on the pull-up bar and my upper back feels so good.

Female issues (TMI) - The itch is worse this morning and I am feeling down-trodden about finding the answers yet again. I can't see this doctor again until March 1st which means I need to go elsewhere if this treatment doesn't work. Just one more night of it =\. I have another at-home treatment in mind that I am probably going to try involving genetian violet (need to order some). Today, tomorrow or Wednesday, I need to go give the lab mah bloodz for hormone testing. I guess I'll try to split work early today to do that before it closes (5 PM). I hope I can get the results before March 1st!
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 02-03-2014 at 06:10 AM.

Look, my haiirrsssss getting longer! It's not green it's just the lighting, I promise. Bedhead is not my friend anymore, but showering in the AM isn't an option during cycling season. Maybe I'll get a silk pillow case. I <3 my Skullcandy headphones and my pashmina scarf & my thrifted grandpa sweater. If I could get a full-body picture, I'd share my whole outfit for the day. It's a bit hipster, I guess, but comfy so IDGAF.

Don't You Worry Child (Vintage 'Great Gatsby' Style Swedish House Mafia Cover) - YouTube
    1920s-style covers of modern songs