Page 613 of 827 FirstFirst ... 113513563603611612613614615623663713 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 8263

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 613

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now

Look, my haiirrsssss getting longer! It's not green it's just the lighting, I promise. Bedhead is not my friend anymore, but showering in the AM isn't an option during cycling season. Maybe I'll get a silk pillow case. I <3 my Skullcandy headphones and my pashmina scarf & my thrifted grandpa sweater. If I could get a full-body picture, I'd share my whole outfit for the day. It's a bit hipster, I guess, but comfy so IDGAF.

Don't You Worry Child (Vintage 'Great Gatsby' Style Swedish House Mafia Cover) - YouTube
    1920s-style covers of modern songs
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

Okay, vent-time (got a lot on my mind today I guess).

[edit] Decided to scrap the vent. I figured some stuff out re: finances. The solution is to really combine our finances, I'm just not sure how to do that. I feel weird spending money from a joint account on things that are just for me. I buy a lot of random stuff that is all in the name of my health. I guess it's time to review my spending habits. The answer is probably to give each of us allowances based on our monthly (combined) income.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 02-03-2014 at 09:34 AM.
    Journal

Dammit there is just no way to make our separate accounts work. I think I'm going to have to ditch my solo account & just deposit my paychecks at the credit union. I hate that because my local bank has some nice perks (cash back on debit transactions, 2% savings rate, up to $15 back monthly in foreign ATM charges) and the credit union doesn't have those (plus is not right up the street, would have to drive about 20 min out of the way to make manual deposits).

Plus Mint.com would be pretty useless for me since the credit union site isn't compatible with it.
    Journal

Wow wow wow

George Bryant's interview for PaleoCon on eating disorders and such is REALLY tough. I teared up hard, nearly cried here at my desk at work. It was also uplifting and reminded me of why I like to write about my own mental shit in public spaces.

George Bryant's PaleoCon Session
    Journal

My shoulders crackle now when I move them since I started working on the pull-up bar. That's okay, right? It doesn't hurt. I'm not used to having a crackley body. Hulky, on the other hand... I think it's just that my shoulders are not used to being in this position so things are kind of noisy as my body adjusts to it.

I made turkey broth from the wings & bones I had in the freezer since Christmas, finally. It got super gelled and thick, probably from the skin on the wings . I bought some rice noodles at the grocery store yesterday and I think I'll make a soup using the stock and the noodles. I just have to decide what veggies I want. I feel like it has to be a turkey soup with the turkey stock, otherwise it might taste weird, but I don't know. Turkey is pretty mild, right?.

We went grocery shopping last night and I stocked up on potatoes. I think we are going to be eating a lot of chicken breast this month to keep the budget low. I'm probably going to start buying a whole chicken at least once a week and roasting it or using the crock pot. I got one last night and I am not sure what I want to do with it. It's barely 4 lbs, pretty small. I think I have an onion in the pantry still and I have plenty of carrots, so maybe I'll just slow cook it. Oooo if I'm home from work tomorrow, that'd be a perfect day for it! Then I can start some stock going from the bones .

Budget - Since neither my bank nor our credit union have an external transfer option, I am going to have to split my paycheck deposit between banks so I have my own spending money separate from the household money. It will probably be easiest to determine how much $$ I'm "allowed" to have and put the rest into the household account since I have to indicate a specific amount to deposit. Let's see... considering my essential expenses (groceries, electric payment, rent, loans, car & renters insurance) and my expected monthly income... I don't know, I guess I could start with $100 to my personal account and go from there. All I know for sure is that more of my money needs to become "our" money because Hulky's income has barely been enough for his regular expenses the past two months.

Female stuff (TMI) - I was INCREDIBLY itchy yesterday. This treatment is not helping. Last night was the last dose. I took a benadryl before bed so I could fall asleep easier and not scratch! I feel better this morning, but not hopeful. I'll give it a few days rest to see what happens, but then I'm moving on to other home remedies. I don't want to be dealing with this on the honeymoon!
    Journal

I'm so tired of Hulky being sick. HE is tired of being sick. We decided that step 1 is eating twice a day because he often does not. Step 2 is probably exercising more (starting to run would be ideal, but the weather is not going to allow that yet), but he needs to get better first.

So step 2 is maybe going to the doctor and getting some bloodwork to check for any deficiencies. I had hoped 10,000 IU of Vit D every day would help. I am not sure how often he remembers to take it. He is getting better about using the saline solution to clear his sinuses (note to self: start using neti pot again, much cheaper than buying those special rinuses even if those are easier to use), but that's only treating the symptoms.

Now I know I am definitely making that chicken in the crock pot because it will be easier to turn it into stock that way. Maybe I will make an effort to make a bunch of soups and stews soon so I know that he is at least getting some good nutrition at dinner if not for lunch.

I wish there was a magical supplement he could take to cure him.
    Journal

I just wrote out some thoughts on feeling trapped and erased it. I felt like I got it out. I just wish money was less of a concern right now and that we could know for sure that moving was an option later this year.

This kind of thinking reads to me like internalized anxiety. I haven't been taking the ginseng complex for the past few days. That may be a factor.

I had hoped to get the Mustang inspected this weekend, but with the snow expected tomorrow, I don't think the roads will be safe enough for me to drive it. That engine is so overpowered that it's difficult to just back out of the driveway when it's wet out! Once inspected, it'll be up to Hulky to get it to a garage to have the exhaust checked out (since he is actually home during business hours on most days). The sooner the better, because then we can get the Civic taken care of. I'm so excited that it will be paid off soon. I could afford to do it now, but we need to hold onto those savings.
    Journal

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Figuring out the money situation is one of the hardest things to do when you first get married. Going from 2 to 1 "pot" of money is sometimes awkward and uncomfortable - especially when the weight falls more on one than the other. My best advice is to try to get out of the mindset of what is "mine" and what is "yours". IMHO once you get married - there is no more separation. It should all go in one account and budgeted accordingly. Each of you needs to have some "play" money to spend on whatever you want. A good rule of thumb is to decide on a set amount ................. say $100 if you can swing it - less if not. That can go into other accounts or just come out as cash and go in your pockets. When Hulky gets done with school and starts working everything will get easier. At least until the babies come and then there are bigger choices to make.

I think you're doing a good job working it out
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Thank you Tomi . Your reassurance is greatly appreciated. I think I'll talk to Hulky about the number crunching I've done so we can figure out what a good "play" amount is while still setting aside $$ for savings. Any extra money unspent at the end of the month that isn't needed immediately for groceries or urgent bills goes straight to savings!

A sweet post from Hulky on Facebook:
    Dear Weather Stations,

Please stop revising your estimates for expected snowfall tomorrow in the upwards direction, I dislike worrying about my wife having to drive with crazy drivers.

Love,
    Me
    I let him know that I'll be working from home tomorrow, so I will be safe .
    Journal

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post

Budget - Since neither my bank nor our credit union have an external transfer option, I am going to have to split my paycheck deposit between banks so I have my own spending money separate from the household money. It will probably be easiest to determine how much $$ I'm "allowed" to have and put the rest into the household account since I have to indicate a specific amount to deposit. Let's see... considering my essential expenses (groceries, electric payment, rent, loans, car & renters insurance) and my expected monthly income... I don't know, I guess I could start with $100 to my personal account and go from there. All I know for sure is that more of my money needs to become "our" money because Hulky's income has barely been enough for his regular expenses the past two months.
    You can use these PDF's to help figure out how much to allocate for 'allowance'. These are what I used with Brad and I were figuring our budget.

Real Debt Help - Get out of debt with Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover Plan - daveramsey.com

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Figuring out the money situation is one of the hardest things to do when you first get married. Going from 2 to 1 "pot" of money is sometimes awkward and uncomfortable - especially when the weight falls more on one than the other. My best advice is to try to get out of the mindset of what is "mine" and what is "yours". IMHO once you get married - there is no more separation. It should all go in one account and budgeted accordingly. Each of you needs to have some "play" money to spend on whatever you want. A good rule of thumb is to decide on a set amount ................. say $100 if you can swing it - less if not. That can go into other accounts or just come out as cash and go in your pockets. When Hulky gets done with school and starts working everything will get easier. At least until the babies come and then there are bigger choices to make.

I think you're doing a good job working it out
    I agree with Tomi. What was once Mine and Yours is now Ours. No matter who makes more or has more bills. Pile it all together, figure out what bills are due and when they're due, create a budget based off of due dates and how well they fit (for instance, if something isn't due til the 25th, but won't fit in that week's budget, write the check the week before). That's how I do it. And it works. With extra left over at the end of each pay period.

That extra is what you budget for each other's allowance. We get $50 a week to split between the two of us. I know you get paid monthly, but this could still work b/c if you KNOW what you'll have left at the end of the month, after budgeting out how much you plan for groceries, utilities, etc, you can just split that leftover money up over the 4 weeks in the month. Again, taking it out of the joint account and pocketing it, or moving it to a separate account - whichever you prefer. I prefer cash b/c once it's gone, it's gone, but debit works so much better for online purchases, etc, but it's easier to be irresponsible and "float" an intentional overdraft b/c you know there's a check that won't clear for a while.

Anyway, budgeting can be complicated, or it can be easy. Dave Ramsey makes it easy. The link I provided helps you to remember those easy to forget expenses, like taxes, vehicle maintenance (semi-routine oil changes, bi-yearly need for tires, etc).

I know you guys will figure it out. You're both educated and realistic people.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)