Page 608 of 793 FirstFirst ... 108508558598606607608609610618658708 ... LastLast
Results 6,071 to 6,080 of 7927

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 608

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's just the stress of the airport that gets me. I get really anxious around that many busy people and the whole authoritative thing with airport security. I was pulled out of line when I was 11 or so to have my bag searched. I had packed my Swiss Army knife, just for the tweezers, but forgot it was a knife. They took it. I didn't know you could ask to send it home or anything like that. My grandfather had given it to me (died a year or two earlier). It was a bit traumatic.

The only jewelry I wear is my engagement & wedding ring and a silver pendant of a tree. I never take out my earrings except to wash sometimes in the shower. I can't find a good picture of them in my photobucket account... They're stainless steel. The second set is horseshoe barbell, the first set is kind of spiral-y. I'm not big on accessories .

Scarf is a good idea for chilly planes. I have several pashmina scarves to choose from . I am not sure how many shirts to bring... I stink up shirts after one day of wear. Sweaters I can do two days. I don't think I'd be able to hand-wash sufficiently to get the smell out of the pits, but I can try at home with a little castille soap and see how it goes. I think for shoes, I am going to wear my Merrell's Barefoot Pace Glove and bring one pair of flats for a dressier evening.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    OH yes - the stress of that environment - I get it.

That sucks about the knife --- how frightening for a young person to have to experience!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

I'm idly listening to Dr. Kalish's PaleoCon interview on parasites. I will probably also listen to the Kettlebell interview tonight.

Dr. Kalish strongly encourages testing for proper treatment. There are so many different infections (overgrowths) or parasites one could have and may require different treatment in order to fully resolve. While I doubt my gut doc has the answer for whatever ails me, he can at least order the labs for me. I'll call this week about making an appointment with him to beg for stool testing. I just hope I can find someone to help me analyze the results if he cannot.

^Oh I missed that post! I don't think I've noticed bloat from other fruits, but I haven't been eating them solo much. Clementines are totally fine, with or without other food (so that might be all citrus?). I had been having mango with goat milk, but since I'm not doing dairy at all now, I will have to try it solo to see what happens. I don't remember melon being bloating, but I last ate it months ago, when I was possibly not eating as many carbs. I'll have to experiment with different fruits and see what happens. Pineapple burns my gums, so that is definitely out unless I puree it for a smoothie and use a straw heh

[edit] Wow I'm over 10k posts. I'm sure most of it is here in the ol' journal.

kmarie is offline Senior Member
    I think citrus is one that's okay almost anytime for us folks a sensitive tummies. I use lemon and/or lime in water and on salads, fish and veggies wo issues.
    K

kmarie is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on your upcoming honeymoon! Sounds like a fun trip!
    K

Gut - Two BMs yesterday, one in the morning (after getting to work) and one in the evening. I had a raw carrot first thing in the morning and upon getting home from work (had been 3-4 hrs since last eating, lunch was cold cooked potatoes). I took two mag citrate yesterday, if I'm remembering right, because I was nervous, but I don't think I needed it. I had a BM this morning, no trouble. I'm feeling hopeful (hopefully that will last into next week, weekends are always a test). The 1 tbsp potato starch in AM and PM seems to be going well for me. In the morning, I have it with supplements & the carrot. In the evening, I have it with dinner. I'm also giving Hulky 1 tbsp at bedtime and I think it's helping him sleep.

I plan on grocery shopping Friday night. I want to make sure I can make a tasty smoothie before heading off to donate blood and have some kind of juice with me to drink after.

Brain - The brain fog seemed less yesterday. My mood was stable up until the evening, then I felt restless. I kept fairly busy and that helped. I read the exercise Hulky and I are supposed to do for our couples session (it's the first part of that link, the relationship vision) and described it to Hulky. We are going to do it tonight. We're both feeling nervous about it. I feel like I will not be able to come up with enough material to make it work. I guess we can work out any difficulties with the exercise during our session on Friday. I hope to spend about an hour on this, which should give us both plenty of time to think.

Yesterday's PaleoCon demo on kettlebell swings was really helpful to me. I went home and tried out the corrections shown in the presentation. So that's how you do the swing! I think I've got it now. A heavier kettlebell would probably be better for building muscle, but for now, I'll work on getting up to a high # of reps with my 15 lb KB. I'm sure it'll be good cardio.

Today, I'm going to watch The Sitting Solution presentation by Joshua Newman. It's about posture, esp. in relation to sitting at a desk all day.

I've been slacking on my pull-up bar workout. I hope to resume that tonight, with new rep #s.

Randomness: This designer on Etsy has the most amazing jackets. For anyone who knows me IRL, it would probably be surprising that I like the ruffles so much since my style is generally very not frilly. Urrgghhh I really want some vests. I found a great tutorial for making them, I just need to buy one from a thrift store to deconstruct (would be cheaper than getting the fabric).

Today's PaleoCon presentation on posture is great! Joshua Newman suggested getting two lacrosse balls, taping them together, and laying on them to work out the tense stuff in the back after sitting/hunching all day. Sounds like a nice cheap way to try and keep my back sorted out . Once laying on them (center on spine) becomes more comfortable, you roll yourself on the ball vertebra by vertebra, pausing at each one to rock back and forth. You can also lift your butt off the ground for extra weight to work things out. Maybe I can go to the local sports good store this weekend and get some lacrosse balls.

Hulky's PT for his ankle is simple: write the alphabet with each foot, two times a day, just moving at the ankle. Balance on each foot for 60 seconds at a time, also try to do 30-60 seconds balanced on each foot with eyes closed (VERY hard). This helps build up sufficient strength in the feet and ankles to help prevent ankle rolling and speed up recovery if it does happen.

Refontai is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    It's just the stress of the airport that gets me. I get really anxious around that many busy people and the whole authoritative thing with airport security. I was pulled out of line when I was 11 or so to have my bag searched. I had packed my Swiss Army knife, just for the tweezers, but forgot it was a knife. They took it. I didn't know you could ask to send it home or anything like that. My grandfather had given it to me (died a year or two earlier). It was a bit traumatic.

The only jewelry I wear is my engagement & wedding ring and a silver pendant of a tree. I never take out my earrings except to wash sometimes in the shower. I can't find a good picture of them in my photobucket account... They're stainless steel. The second set is horseshoe barbell, the first set is kind of spiral-y. I'm not big on accessories .

Scarf is a good idea for chilly planes. I have several pashmina scarves to choose from . I am not sure how many shirts to bring... I stink up shirts after one day of wear. Sweaters I can do two days. I don't think I'd be able to hand-wash sufficiently to get the smell out of the pits, but I can try at home with a little castille soap and see how it goes. I think for shoes, I am going to wear my Merrell's Barefoot Pace Glove and bring one pair of flats for a dressier evening.
    When i studied abroad (twice, while in school) I brought powdered arm n hammer because it has baking soda. Powdered, because it doesn't go against your liquid limit if you aren't checking a bag (and it doesn't leak). Soaking the clothes for a little while helped a lot. I never use powdered laundry soap at home but for the month I was there it was definitely worth it to be able to keep my clothes clean. I also did the layer thing - tank tops are take up no room and I would wear a different one every day under a blouse/cardigan/sweater (or blouse under sweater). Also if you have room, squeeze in an extra pair of flats (like foldable ones). If your shoes are wet (it's always wet) or rub you funny for some reason you'll be really glad for a second pair.

And a washcloth. You might want to bring one just in case. Not common in the UK.

Also this is super late but Sainsbury is a great grocery store, and expect the mini fridge to be like a tiny cube. Refrigerators there are tiny It might be bigger because it's a hotel but everywhere I went, normal size fridges are what kids have in their dorms here.
    You have to fall in love with the process of becoming great.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the tips! I'll see about getting some powdered detergent (Arm & Hammer is a good call, probably easier to find unscented) to bring along. I'll probably practice at home a couple of times to make sure I know how much to rinse to get the detergent out. I'd like to have some wool clothing with me as wool drys much faster than cotton.