Page 608 of 904 FirstFirst ... 108508558598606607608609610618658708 ... LastLast
Results 6,071 to 6,080 of 9039

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 608

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks for the tips! I'll see about getting some powdered detergent (Arm & Hammer is a good call, probably easier to find unscented) to bring along. I'll probably practice at home a couple of times to make sure I know how much to rinse to get the detergent out. I'd like to have some wool clothing with me as wool drys much faster than cotton.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Today's PaleoCon presentation on posture is great! Joshua Newman suggested getting two lacrosse balls, taping them together, and laying on them to work out the tense stuff in the back after sitting/hunching all day. Sounds like a nice cheap way to try and keep my back sorted out . Once laying on them (center on spine) becomes more comfortable, you roll yourself on the ball vertebra by vertebra, pausing at each one to rock back and forth. You can also lift your butt off the ground for extra weight to work things out. Maybe I can go to the local sports good store this weekend and get some lacrosse balls.

Hulky's PT for his ankle is simple: write the alphabet with each foot, two times a day, just moving at the ankle. Balance on each foot for 60 seconds at a time, also try to do 30-60 seconds balanced on each foot with eyes closed (VERY hard). This helps build up sufficient strength in the feet and ankles to help prevent ankle rolling and speed up recovery if it does happen.
    My PT had me do the same with tennis balls. Good alternative if you can't find lacrosse balls.
    yeah, but "hey i'm Khan the sword king" is not normal.... the universe is being fickle... this is a thing... ignore me for a few weeks.

Ze mood plummets once again as I arrive home from work and find the sink full of last night's dishes. Why am I so sensitive?
    grumble grumble grumble
    Journal

Depression Lies

I really want to vent about Hulky right now because I'm upset right now but I know I would regret it later. I also know it would not be productive and I'd be unlikely to get any positive feedback.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Journal

Depression Lies

edennperez1 is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry! Just stumbled on your journal. You're right in that if you put all "your business" out there, you'll likely regret it and some moron on this site will make you feel worse. Maybe you can type it up and then delete it? Sometimes that helps. Anyway, sending a hug your way or a punch to him - whichever is more helpful to you. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by edennperez1 View Post
    I'm sorry! Just stumbled on your journal. You're right in that if you put all "your business" out there, you'll likely regret it and some moron on this site will make you feel worse. Maybe you can type it up and then delete it? Sometimes that helps. Anyway, sending a hug your way or a punch to him - whichever is more helpful to you. ;-)
    Haha thank you. I've ranted about him on here before and I wish I could back and find those entries to delete them. It feels unfair to air his baggage without his permission/knowledge. But I really need to find a friend to vent to. When I've written about issues in the past, it's so one-sided since it's all my perspective and the feedback I got was painful. I think Hulky and I are an imperfectly perfect match, as good as it's going to get, and I don't want yet more people in my life telling me he's a jackass and he'll always be a jackass. Not that my family has said that outright, but it's obvious how they've felt about him at times. I thought about writing in my handwritten journal, but that feels too...permanent?
    Journal

Depression Lies

edennperez1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Haha thank you. I've ranted about him on here before and I wish I could back and find those entries to delete them. It feels unfair to air his baggage without his permission/knowledge. But I really need to find a friend to vent to. When I've written about issues in the past, it's so one-sided since it's all my perspective and the feedback I got was painful. I think Hulky and I are an imperfectly perfect match, as good as it's going to get, and I don't want yet more people in my life telling me he's a jackass and he'll always be a jackass. Not that my family has said that outright, but it's obvious how they've felt about him at times. I thought about writing in my handwritten journal, but that feels too...permanent?
    Unless he's an alien from another planet, he already knows that you complain about him to other people (friends, family, strangers). It's what girls do. One time I was on the phone with my sister and I was standing in the baby's room. I went into the other room to complain about hubby but forgot that the baby monitor was on!! I didn't even realize it until he walked in with this look on his face that basically said "jackass, the baby monitor is on!" Just a little comic relief for ya.... ;-)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, Tasha. Could be part of what you're going through is just the learning how to be a "partner" thing. I know you lived together for a couple years before you got married - but was it always you doing the cleaning and domestic type stuff??? Has Hulky every lived alone and had to shop and clean and DO all for himself??? If not - then he needs to learn how before he will just do it automatically. Some guys just aren't wired for the domestic stuff and it just doesn't even cross their minds to do - they honestly don't even SEE that the dishes need to be done or the floors are dirty.......... They need to develop the eye for it - and that comes only with 1. the desire, 2. the right kind of "mentoring". Hope you can get it worked out.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Refontai View Post
    And a washcloth. You might want to bring one just in case. Not common in the UK.
    Er, what now? You mean a face cloth/flannel to wash with, right? Did you go to Boots? Superdrug? Or any supermarket at all? Or the department stores that stock towels - BHS, M&S, Debenhams, John Lewis - and look around you?

The fridges are small compared with US/Aus, I grant you. Houses in general are smaller than you are likely used to...but flannels are rare? Come on now.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 01-29-2014 at 06:14 PM.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Shop Now
    deleted
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 04-01-2015 at 12:40 PM.
    Journal

Depression Lies