Page 593 of 931 FirstFirst ... 93493543583591592593594595603643693 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,930 of 9310

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

Shop Now
    Observations
    • I don't think taking 10,000 mcg (aka 1 g) of Biotin every day is making my hair grow any faster, but it does seem thicker to me. I have several bottles, so I'll probably just continue taking it. It's one of my few evening supplements. If I get my hair trimmed/tidied up every 6-8 weeks (I'm at around 8 weeks since last trim now, too shaggy in the back), my hair should be around chin-length by the end of the year. At that point, I'll have to think about what kind of cut/style I want to sport. Not much I can do as it's growing out.
    • Man, this RS & probiotic mix is a GODSEND for my constipation. For London, maybe I'll fill some capsules with potato starch and get a shelf-stable probiotic supplement so I can bring them on the trip. A bag of white powder probably wouldn't go over well with the TSA haha
    • Even though I'm about 15 lbs heavier, I feel like my waist is around the same size as it was this time last year. The slimmest I've ever measured my waist at is 29" and I don't think it gets smaller. I measured at 30" this past weekend. After my period, I'm going to measure again out of curiousity. I'm very interested in how my body shape has been changing this winter. Overall, I like it, but the sore boobs during PMS-week are obnoxious.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

OMG 3 pay periods this month!!!! Thanks for reminding me.

I had a weird dream this weekend as well which included a security guard at my HS that is married to another teacher. It all came rushing back to me this morning when I passed by him in the parking lot. I said Hello, remembered and then got very embarassed.

He probably wondered why I had a funny look on my face.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-13-2014 at 07:32 AM.

I am having weird dreams pretty much every night due to the potato starch. Serotonin is a weird thing!

Recently I've been having a lot of nudity dreams, which is odd because my sex drive has been pretty much shot this month. Again. Gr.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Oh, hey, today is our 6 month wedding anniversary .

I wanted to share this nice conflict-resolution moment from last night: Hulky asked me to get ground cumin at the grocery store because we ran out and he uses it fairly regularly. When I got home and was putting the groceries away, I saw a bottle of "cumin seed" in the cupboard. It looked ground and I immediately got annoyed because I thought he must have seen it. I showed it to him and he said he thought it was something different. Then I was mad because I thought he was being lazy by not looking it up and making me spend nearly $7 on a new bottle. He walked away saying something like, "Stop making me feel bad for not knowing!" I fumed in the kitchen. Then I realized this was a good time to cool off. I focused on how my body felt (tight throat, tension in eyes & shoulders). I focused on breathing. I washed some dishes. I realized that what happened with the cumin happened and couldn't have really been helped. I could have approached that situation better and educated him/myself on whether or not the cumin I found was the same thing or not. 15 min later and I was calm/embarrassed, and he was over it. I called him over, apologized, and admitted that I was not really mad at him, I was frustrated about how expensive the groceries were overall and how much we've spent so far this month. We talked about our budget for the month and how to cut some costs. Everything was fine.

Hulky tends not to apologize because he doesn't recognize situations where an apology would mean a lot to me. I can work on appropriately letting him know when I need it. That does not have to be an accusatory moment, either. I tend not to apologize because I get overwhelmed with this sense of always being wrong, always being a screw-up, and I don't want to admit to being wrong so I have to deal with those feelings. That is something I can work on too, but being able to remove myself & calm down/think it out is essential.

Holy crap, my brother is going to be 16 on Sunday.
    Journal

Depression Lies

90% off sale on ideeli.com today for coats.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Hoooly ssheeeettt thanks lady. I will poke around.

Nameless Wonders: Winter cleaning 2014
    Journal

Depression Lies

Nice job on the conflict resolution My best strategy for life........... don't sweat the small stuff! You have to learn to laugh off stuff that makes no difference in the big picture.

I love crazy ass dreams. I don't get them all the time, but when I do, I'm usually about to die 24/7 and something's going to splode and someone's trying to take over/has already taken over the world. I'm rarely the main character though; like the last dream I had a story character of mine was crossing a post apocalyptic desert with a very important blue scarf. Why the fuck was a blue scarf important? I have no idea.

Hulky is having a really hard falling asleep lately (for the past couple of months). He's had issues with insomnia his whole life. If my mind is too active at bedtime, an episode of Bob's Burgers focuses my head enough for me to use any tricks I need to fall asleep. That's my recent method anyway . It's the mind part, not the body, that's bugging him. Once he gets into bed, no matter how tired he is, everything perks up. I think it will be better once he's been on his back-to-school schedule for longer, but in the meantime, I'm reading around to see if there's something that might help. I'll probably try him on Theanine Serene for a few nights, as long as I can remember to have him take it. I don't think I have GABA anymore, otherwise I'd give him that. I have Inositol still, which is a B vitamin and I've read can be helpful for sleep, so we could try that too. Any thoughts?

Day 1 of potato hack was rough. I skipped breakfast and that made it difficult. Dinner was a bunch of pre-boiled potatoes, reheated with homemade turkey broth and some seasoning. It smelled great, according to Hulky, but was pretty bland. I was hungry after and had 16 oz of cottage cheese w/ honey & another mug of gelatin-cocoa. I was very tired in the evening & slept deeply. I don't remember my dreams. I didn't take any potato starch last night. I'm not sure if I should be taking it during the potato hack.

I had 3 eggs and 2 breakfast sausages this AM. I am starting to split some of my supplements up to take them in the evening so this morning was PS w/ Threelac, Vit D, Ginseng complex, Vit E, Zyrtec, and the last of the cal/mag butyrte. Today's lunch is microwave-baked potatoes rubbed in oil & sprinkled with salt (baked some this AM because I didn't want to hog the microwave at work). Dinner will be roasted red potatoes. I'll take the Vitex, B-complex, and Biotin at that time. I'll probably move the Vit E to the evening as well. When the Vit K arrives this week, that will be a morning supplement.

According to the period-tracking app I installed on my phone, I should get my period within the next two days. If it stays on schedule, I will get it during the last couple of days in London in March. If it's late, I might not get it till we're back from the honeymoon . I really hope it ends up being a little late because the first couple days would be a huge hassle to deal with while travelling, esp. on planes!

The fluctuating temperatures outside lately have my allergies acting up a lot. I've had a sinus headache for the past two days that nothing is helping. I did my best to irrigate my nasal passages this morning with the saline spray I have, but I think the neti pot would be more helpful. Maybe tomorrow AM, as long as I have time.

Digestion - one BM yesterday, mid-morning. I feel bloated this AM, possibly from the cottage cheese.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Shop Now
    I know that magnesium deficiency will cause insomnia. I have had difficulty sleeping as well but each night after an epsom salts bath I sleep very soundly. I will invest in some magnesium oil for topical application. Might help Hulky?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.