Page 593 of 798 FirstFirst ... 93493543583591592593594595603643693 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,930 of 7977

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 593

olsonm67 is offline Junior Member

Where at in Wisconsin?

Tasha,
    I am from Wisconsin and love it up there. My mother and sisters and all the nieces and nephews still live there. Great place to live, I travelled with 2 cats from Colorado Springs CO to Lawton, OK. They both did pretty good, there is a medicine you can get from the vet that will dull them out so they aren't as hyper while in the car. It is well worth it.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by olsonm67 View Post
    Tasha,
    I am from Wisconsin and love it up there. My mother and sisters and all the nieces and nephews still live there. Great place to live, I travelled with 2 cats from Colorado Springs CO to Lawton, OK. They both did pretty good, there is a medicine you can get from the vet that will dull them out so they aren't as hyper while in the car. It is well worth it.
    I am reading nice things about WI, but I don't think I could stand the extreme cold. It's bad enough to me in Boston and I've lived here my whole life!

I will definitely look into something to make my cat sleepier for a long car trip if needed .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Yep, that's my coat!
    If you have a Wilson's Leather near you nad can wait, they have KILLER summer sales (as in, less than 25% of the original price.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Yep, that's my coat!
    If you have a Wilson's Leather near you nad can wait, they have KILLER summer sales (as in, less than 25% of the original price.)
    There are 3! Two are outlets Sssiiiggghh but summer is so far away.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I'm not nearly girly enough to speak fashion, but I totally with Turq on 50s style. I don't have the body type to pull off any real vintage though.

And my role model growing up was a hobbit, so NO fashion sense here.

Vests, cozy earthy stuff & hairy feet? I'm down with that.

I made the curry last night and it was tasty but could've used two cans of coconut milk. "Cracking" the coconut milk in the beginning was semi-disastrous. I was all "Yeah plumes of smoke!" and then "Fffuuuuuuuu *running around opening windows, calling for Hulky to take the fire alarm down* pluuumes of smmoookeeee". I took it off the heat, said screw it to mixed that for 3 min, and started dumping in everything else.

If I'd had another can of coconut milk & cut up more chicken, I could've made more than enough for one meal. I gotta get out of this one meal cooking habit.

I'm supposed to have breakfast with a friend this AM and then drag him to the tattoo shop with me so I can get something touched up (no cost to me except the kitty treats I got for the artist's cat). He's proving hard to get a hold of and my anxiety is kicking in about calling. Time for supplements, shower, and reassessment.

Tonight is dinner out with friends (on a friend's dime, hooray!), should be fun. I might have one chocolate themed alcoholic beverage, but I'm leaning towards a milkshake instead.

Hanging with my friend yesterday AM was fun. He had a lot of venting to do and I had to make excuses at some point to drive him home and get him out of the car haha. I don't mind letting people vent sometimes, but it does get tiring. That definitely added to my later frustration, when out to dinner with friends. They were talking about the same drama and I was not interested in putting such a negative blanket over the evening. The friend who paid for dinner was celebrating because he got a big raise and his dad got a kidney! Why start talking about loads of negative bullshit?! I asked them several times if we could not talk about it and finally had to say I was going to leave if they continued. It was fine after that. I feel good for asserting my boundaries though I also felt like a mega-bitch for doing it...

Hulky and I are going to see a Legend of Hercules matinee today. Time to shower, start laundry, and have something to eat.

Later, I'll go grocery shopping and get many pounds of potatoes to start my 3-day potato hack tomorrow! Tonight: maybe pizzas.

vh67 is online now Senior Member
    You shouldn't feel like a megabitch, it was actually impressive. It was to be a celebration and your friends needed to be reminded of that. Sometimes misery is easier than being happy. I am working on avoiding negativity and focusing on the positives of life.

I am looking forward to seeing how doing the potato hack helps your sleep and IBS. Good luck!

Liquid Gusto is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Why start talking about loads of negative bullshit?! I asked them several times if we could not talk about it and finally had to say I was going to leave if they continued. It was fine after that. I feel good for asserting my boundaries though I also felt like a mega-bitch for doing it...
    Actually, I think you displayed the opposite behaviors of a mega-bitch and were brave to assert your boundaries.

Think about it if someone else was telling the story: "She doesn't want to gossip about drama and would rather talk about the positive things in our lives we are here to celebrate.... What a bitch!" See? Makes no sense!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Haha yeah, I know. I realized that my discomfort comes from the ingrained perception of dudes standing up for themselves = manly & positive, women standing up for themselves = bitchy & negative. I know that me saying that only bothered me, but I do have this nagging feeling in the back of my head that at least one of those friends (the hugest drama-queen of a hetero-man I have ever met) is going to talk about me behind my back. I'm trying to let that feeling go because whether he does or not is unlikely to affect my relationship with my other friends. And I know Hulky will always have my back.