Page 590 of 797 FirstFirst ... 90490540580588589590591592600640690 ... LastLast
Results 5,891 to 5,900 of 7966

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 590

Refontai is offline Senior Member
    When I moved to NYC from Orlando, FL, we drove the cat with us. I got a disposable litter box that was pre-filled and we put it behind the driver's seat (this one but I got it at the grocery store for like $5). I also got a soft-sided carrier (this one) that the top unzipped on and she mostly just rode in there with the top open. I made sure she had a harness and leash seat-belted in though,so when we opened the door of the car she couldn't take off. Offered lots of kitty treats and water and she was fine. She didn't use the litter box until we got to our final destination but she knew it was there. My sister's cat doesn't handle stress well (my cat used to ride back and forth to my boyfriend's place in the car with me, I hated leaving her alone) so she stopped at the vet before she moved and got a stress supplement and sedative and just drugged up her cat. Your Fae seems pretty chill so that probably isn't necessary with her.
    You have to fall in love with the process of becoming great.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Refontai View Post
    When I moved to NYC from Orlando, FL, we drove the cat with us.
    Thanks for the input! Fae definitely doesn't like car rides, but she only ever goes in the car/carrier when we take her to the vet. I was thinking I might try getting her used to a carrier & then the car over time, just so that it's a less stressful event in general. We need a new carrier anyway, as I usually borrow my parents'. We'll see if this ends up actually being necessary though... I won't have any idea about WI until later in the summer, most likely. If I do drive Fae (and presumably some of our stuff), it would be at least a two-day trip, so we'd have to make a pitstop for sleep somewhere. Flying would be faster, but I would hate to put her on an airplane .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    So IMO decide on what you want the coat to be. One-coat-for-all-occasion or a "fun" piece? If you just only have a budget for 1, I wouldn't get the leopard one or the leather-looking one as they aren't versatile. My ranking would be 4, 3, 1, 2 for the following reasons.

The last one is the most basic, and hence you can wear as a topper to a professional outfit, to jeans-sweater casual. It can be your interview coat AND your going out coat AND your vacation coat. Navy, camel, black and white/cream are my go-to colors for building a "foundational wardobe" (1 coat, 3 nice blouses, 1 real leather belt, 1 pair business slacks, 1 pair casual pants, 1 suit, 2 skirts, 3 tees, 1 sweater, 3-4 casual/fancy dresses, 1 pair of work pumps, 1 pair of casual loafers, 1 pair sneakers).

Leopard is fun, same with bright red, for a coat, but it doesn't work with every outfit. If your underneath style is usually very simple (black/white/other neutrals) a leopard coat is great. Otherwise, I wouldn't get it.

Faux leather can look really cheap in person depending on the manufacturing so I would never get faux leather unless I can A. return it easily or B. examine it in person before purchasing. It could also rip easily.

Shearling hooded one is great if you don't need to look business-professional in it. I like that one a lot. I just picked the 4th one over it because the 4th one is more classic/less trendy.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Allie liked her carrier, which helped - she napped in it when it wasn't in use. She was like a dog and liked car rides too. Most inexpensive motels are pet friendly, when we had a dog we'd stay at Motel 6 or something for $40.

fingers crossed you won't actually have to move and that if you do it works out ok well with Fae!

Also sorry to be a stalker. I have major anxiety issues and have read your entire journal for advice (and started some supplements based on it). So... Thank you!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    The last one is the most basic, and hence you can wear as a topper to a professional outfit, to jeans-sweater casual.
    I agree with you but honestly, that coat is boring as hell. Every 20 something has one and I have yet to see anyone look good in it. Sure, no one looks bad and it fits any occasion but bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    The last one is the most basic, and hence you can wear as a topper to a professional outfit, to jeans-sweater casual. It can be your interview coat AND your going out coat AND your vacation coat. Navy, camel, black and white/cream are my go-to colors for building a "foundational wardobe" (1 coat, 3 nice blouses, 1 real leather belt, 1 pair business slacks, 1 pair casual pants, 1 suit, 2 skirts, 3 tees, 1 sweater, 3-4 casual/fancy dresses, 1 pair of work pumps, 1 pair of casual loafers, 1 pair sneakers).
    I think I am leaning towards something like this that could be fun with a casual outfit, or match with something fancier. Since this is replacing a peacoat, that probably makes the most sense. I do have a warmer (LL Bean) winter coat that I wear when temps require it, such as lately. Hopefully I can get some awesome vintage furs someday instead .

Generally speaking, I'll definitely poke around locally before resorting to online. I have broad shoulders so sizing can be iffy.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Refontai View Post
    Allie liked her carrier, which helped - she napped in it when it wasn't in use. She was like a dog and liked car rides too. Most inexpensive motels are pet friendly, when we had a dog we'd stay at Motel 6 or something for $40.

fingers crossed you won't actually have to move and that if you do it works out ok well with Fae!

Also sorry to be a stalker. I have major anxiety issues and have read your entire journal for advice (and started some supplements based on it). So... Thank you!
    We are going to get our own carrier soon since there is a possibility of getting another cat (I know, so smart when we're trying to budget, right? can't resist), so I will work on getting Fae more familiar with it. She likes cozying up on small spaces anyway.

Happy to hear that my ramblings are helpful to someone! Feel free to de-lurk more often .

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I agree with you but honestly, that coat is boring as hell. Every 20 something has one and I have yet to see anyone look good in it. Sure, no one looks bad and it fits any occasion but bleh.
    hahaha Well, I want a wool-ish coat that isn't TOO plain/boring. So maybe not that one, but a more fitted double-breasted kind of peacoat/trenchcoat thing? Yes.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Canio, it really is based on the person to STYLE it right. A basic black peacoat doesn't have to be boring. Clothes aren't supposed to just DAZZLE everyone on its own... unless we are talking about a Burberry leather jacket or Balenciaga couture dress. I think a black coat can look HOT with a slip lacy dress and some chandelier earrings and stilettos, demure with a white blouse and long black slacks, and casual with skinny jeans/converse/ striped tee. It would also look good with some tights, chunky scarf, and floral dress. You can layer cardigans and blazers underneath the coat to make it more interesting. I'm wearing 2 thin coats today...one gray tweed and one a b/w plaid one...on top of business slacks and blouse.

examples
    http://lamodellamafia.com/wp-content...glasses-11.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oRka6LvFuG...rcGe40zmkx.jpg

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A..._3gw3DEclBm9Y4

http://stylecab.com/wp-content/uploa...t-style-11.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aLOA5GnPwG...facehunter.jpg

http://www.ellecanada.com/blog/wp-co...ets-989896.jpg
    http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...6f3fb86e6a.jpg

http://www.happyfeel100.com/wp-conte...t-style-02.jpg

http://img1.stylesaint.com/tear/imag...rtorialist.jpg
    Last edited by turquoisepassion; 01-09-2014 at 12:16 PM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    hahaha Well, I want a wool-ish coat that isn't TOO plain/boring. So maybe not that one, but a more fitted double-breasted kind of peacoat/trenchcoat thing? Yes.
    Eh, maybe it is just my prejudices showing and I have a thing for fur collars

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Hopefully I can get some awesome vintage furs someday instead .
    I got a vintage white rabbit fur coat on ebay for about $30. I've been wearing it (only looking mildly ridiculous) in the -15 degree windchill lately!