Maybe. Definitely something to think about. Thanks, Tomi.
Primal since March 5, 2012
SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)
Second morning in a row that I woke up feeling nauseous. Maybe it's something to do with congestion & dry heat? I made a mango smoothie for breakfast.
(Non-TMI but references TMI things) I went back to the doctor this AM because they messed up a culture when I went last time. I've been symptomatic for the past two days. I saw a different person this time (a midwife), very nice & thorough. I should have results back tomorrow. I'm going to resume boric acid treatment tonight and keep using it until I get my period next week. I'd like to use it for a week straight to see if that helps. The doc said based on information I provided that there is likely no reason for Hulky to be treated for anything. She did discuss the possibility of getting a referral to a specialist, which I appreciated and may pursue if this continues to be an issue. My only concern is having to shift my work schedule around a lot to deal with appointments in Boston or not close enough to work/home.
Dinner last night was drumsticks & oven fries. I have a leftover drumstick and some microwave roasted potatoes for lunch. Probably not enough.
I'm making Thai curry tonight, not to be confused with Indian curry. I couldn't find curry paste at the grocery store, but still had some in the fridge from ages ago. I hope that's the kind of thing that lasts forever. Oh well! We don't have a wok, but hopefully I can make it work in some delicious manner with the pans we do have. Last time I made it, it was pretty tasty and Hulky liked it so here's hoping I can make that happen again. Last time we had it over cauliflower rice, but we're just using regular white rice this time.
My gut is still being lazy. I just don't know when to resort to Vit C to get things to pass and when I should wait it out!
- There is a chance that Hulky and I could move to Wisconsin later this year. I don't want to write more about this until we know more. I don't want to move there, but it may be a necessary step towards long term financial stability. I am equally terrified and excited (about the prospect of an adventure). Just in case, I've started reading about how to travel with a cat.
- I think I'm going to do a 3-day potato hack next week, just for the hell of it. I want to see if I can make it work and maybe use it every now and then for budget purposes. The only thing is I don't want to lose weight. At least if I do, I won't need to buy new clothes? But who knows how my body will change once I start cycling in the Spring.
Oh, that is a big change. You are right to mentally prepare, but not obsess.
I think preparation is kind of a keyword for me this year. I don't want to let my physical responses to emotional situations get in the way of me getting things done. Like updating my resume! That is on the to do list for the month. Once I get started, I don't think it'll be bad at all and I have no anxiety about writing it. It's the starting & the what-comes-after (the potential for change in our lives, new job for either of us, moving etc.) that scares me. I will probably ask my dad to review my resume once I get it updated with my current job. I think I have too many details in some of my old jobs that aren't really relevant for what I want to do.
The Stories We Tell Ourselves | Mark's Daily Apple
Wow, good blog today.
Just a dumping ground for some things I don't feel like putting on the blog.
I factored in buying a new winter coat in the honeymoon budget (we should have plenty if we mostly eat frugally, but still should be able to splurge on some nicer meals here & there). I'm sick of the peacoat I've had since middle school!
- The ultimate coat for me - Leopard Luxe Faux Fur Coat at PLASTICLAND | Outerwear I have seen coats like this on eBay made by overseas sellers (would probably arrive in time if I order soon). This particular coat is discontinued. If I get a completely faux-fur coat, I don't think I want black (I want an unnatural color or leopard print).
- New Hot Women Fashion Long Sections Fur Collar Leather ... | Outerwear Totally impractical for winter, but super sexy. I don't think I wear the right clothes to pull this off on a regular basis. This one is just a daydream.
- Women's NEW Warm Lush Fur Winter Cotton Padded Coat Black ... | Outer I like the faux-fur contrast collar on this one. No way of knowing how warm it would be though.
- Women Lady Long Winter Double Breasted Trench Coat Jacket ... | Outer I like the kind of peacoat-trenchcoat mix-up here. I want something that appears a bit more fitted, like this. I like double-breasted coats.
I do NOT like hooded coats, with the exception of some fur-trimmed styles.
Of course, I should check TJ Maxx and maybe Burlington Coat Factory. I could try thrift stores, but I doubt I'd be so lucky as to find something I truly love. I suppose the only way to find out is to look!
How exciting that you might be moving to Wisconsin! New adventures and new opportunities! I've always believed its a good thing for young married people to move away from family and friends and start a life on their own - even if its just for a short while. It makes you totally dependent on each other and helps solidify the marriage - IMO. Please share the details as they develop so we can all share in the excitement!
Traveling with a cat could have its challenges............. do they make travel friendly litter boxes?
Read post #2626
Wisconsin...hmm...well, they, uh, have cheese. :/
Sorry, but that is all I know of the place. If you do move I hope you find things there that you love.
As for the coats, I love the third one though the picture on the left makes the fur color look more browny-beige than cream which makes it less desirable in my mind (I prefer the lighter fur). The second one looks sexy but not warm (so yup, exactly what you said). I could totally see you rocking leopard though I am still holding out for the 'I just skinned a monster' look.