Page 585 of 863 FirstFirst ... 85485535575583584585586587595635685 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,850 of 8624

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 585

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Thrive Market
    I like the vit k from life extension (at least that's the best I've found). Have you used them for supps? Comments?

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I stayed up until 2 AM playing video games last night, which kept my mind too busy to fall asleep. Around 3 AM, Hulky and I watched an episode of Bob's Burgers and then I felt sleepy enough to try again. I set an alarm for 10 AM, but was awake before then and snoozed until 11. Note that "snooze" for me means awake, but trying to relax with eyes closed. It never really helps, but it at least mitigates the stumbling around completely uncoordinated part of waking up w/o enough sleep.

Today's agenda is very busy:
    -laundry (Hulky's sprained ankle means I don't want him going up and down the basement stairs)
    -Taking down the Christmas tree (something Hulky can help with!)
    -grocery shopping (need to make several lists for Stop & Shop, Trader Joes, and Whole Foods, plus a pit-stop to the pet store for cat food & a care package for my tattoo artist's cat [I tipped her last time, but it's always good to be a generous client])
    -Swing by parents' house to check out my dad's re-flooring project, drop off the wedding photo book so my mom can ship it to Baba, and get the digital photo frame so I can load it up with pictures for Baba (to be delivered in person sometime later)
    -Make lunch for at least the first part of the week (not super urgent b/c I'm going out to lunch on the company's dime [I think] tomorrow)

This week, I have solo therapy on Wednesday and couples therapy Friday. Saturday AM, a friend is coming over for breakfast and then accompanying me to the tattoo shop so I can get something touched up. Friday or Saturday evening, another friend is treating a group of us to dinner at this chocolate-centric restaurant in Boston .

Supplement list
    -Butyrate: I'm price-shopping still. Butyrate Series, Part 7 | The HSD This post taught me that there are a NUMBER of options available. I think I'm going with the Nutricology Butyraid, which is $9.99 for a 100-count bottle on Amazon.
    -Probitic: price-shopping still. Wondering if I should just use up the rest of my Threelac when I finish this Amazon.com: Jarrow Formulas Sacharomyces Boulardii & MOS, 90 Capsules: Health & Personal Care Also considering RePhresh, Culturelle, & Florastor, which I have heard recommended. I'm trying to get more than a month's worth at a time...but maybe I shouldn't right now since this month's expenses are pretty tight.
    -Vit D/K: for both Hulky and me. Thorne research seems to be the best option. One bottle for one person should be good for a month at 10,000 IU per day, or more, obviously, if using less. A rather expensive option, but I think the K component is important. If I get Hulky his own bottles & leave them by his desk, he would probably remember to take them everyday...it might be cheaper to get these separately. I'll have to do some hunting. For me personally, I'd rather use the drops because I take so many supplements already.

Current supplements
    -The occasional aspirin (just trying it out)
    -Iodine
    -Vitex
    -Ashwaganda (almost done with this, won't buy more for now)
    -Ginseng complex
    -Saccharomyces boulardii (linked above)
    -Potato starch
    -Zyrtec generic
    -B-complex
    -Vitamin E

Now that I've spent an hour on my computer doing nothing, I should probably eat & start the laundry.
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    I like the vit k from life extension (at least that's the best I've found). Have you used them for supps? Comments?
    I don't think I've used that brand much because it tends to be pretty pricey.
    Journal

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    *not so secretly looking forward to it* Hi Derp!
    Sup

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1394292
    nihil

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I don't think that this is the same person. Nameless was up against Ryanmercer I believe.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Oops, well I got at that guy last night anyway

I have a hard time discerning between personalities on here sometimes
    nihil

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I thought she had it out with " On the Bayou" as well. I think " RyanMercer" just pointed out that she is a mod and therefore should watch her language.

Oh.

Well then.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

Just went back and read the thread. I see indeed it was bayou.

Carry on... Don't mind me. I haven't had coffee yet today.
    ------

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hrrr my gut is still slacking from New Year's Eve. Maybe it's not still NYE and I am just eating like crap. Okay, that is at least partially true. I am continuing to not eat enough. If I don't eat much during the day, I tend to try to eat more at night and I think that volume of food is not working for my gut. The gluten-free pizza I made & ate this weekend probably messed with things a bit too (esp. considering it had cheese & pepperoni on it). I have been wanting to eat more fruit lately, but it is the complete wrong season for that. I got some more frozen mangoes at the grocery store yesterday though. Much cheaper at Stop & Shop than Trader Joes. I've been eating at least one clementine or mandarin orange every day, but they are too acidic for my gums. I never buy bananas at the right intervals to always have ripe ones on hand.

I had bacon & eggs for brunch yesterday. It's more fat than I'm used to these days and I had some heartburn after. If low-carbers avoid starchy carbs because they can't process them, I see no reason why I shouldn't avoid higher amounts of fat in one sitting if I can't process them. Maybe that is weird reasoning.

I'm sleepy today. I kept odd hours again this weekend. I need to stop doing that, but it's hard when Hulky is sleeping odd hours too. Did I mention he has yet another friggin' cold? I am making sure he is hydrating plenty and trying to make sure he eats at least twice a day. He agreed to get back on his regular sleep schedule this week, since classes start next week. I think I might have to buy his books for him (for financial reasons, not just because he seems to be in a mild depression that may or may not be seasonal affective disorder). I want to get out of this corner of the country so badly.

I feel...down. Not exactly depressed. I don't even feel motivated to book any day trips/tours for our honeymoon. Even if we don't book anything, I'm sure we'll get around to things while we're there and have fun. There's still a chance that we will miss out on things by not taking care of that now. I guess I'm stressing myself out by worrying about Hulky & feeling frustrated that I can't do more for him. Also afraid to try to do more because I don't want to mess up.

Today I am going out to lunch with some co-workers. The reason for the lunch is that someone re-joined the company. I think this means that lunch will be covered by the company, but I'm not sure. I feel anxious about asking because I'm afraid someone will offer to cover me (though I could go to an ATM before lunch). I didn't have breakfast, just a cup of milk w/ maple syrup & some supplements (forgot the probiotic).
    Journal