Page 580 of 868 FirstFirst ... 80480530570578579580581582590630680 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,800 of 8671

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 580

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Maybe I am lucky that I got Hulky wrapped around my finger before my eating habits changed Despite having a somewhat more restrictive diet than ever, he is the most accepting of it now. He questions most of my choices (which is good for me, gotta make sure I know why I'm doing what I'm doing), but is careful to find me things w/o soybean oil . He has probably just been witness to my grumpitude enough to realize I'm not kidding about painful joints.
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

I've got nothing profound here today, but was pleased to see my buddy writing about similar things on her blog:
    Hello 2014! | Paleo on a Budget
    (on New Year's resolutions)

So big family news: my sister-in-law is engaged! This would be Hulky's oldest sister, the middle sister being married and with 4 kids, and Hulky the baby. His brother is half and he has a half-sister as well, they are both older than the other kids (from FIL's first marriage). Anyway, so the plan originally was that the bf was going to propose tonight at Medieval Manor, the dinner theater place we were going to. We had missed out on buying tickets at the reduced price, but then FIL told us what was going down so we bit the bullet and got them at full price. FIL is friends with the people at the Manor ("friend of the King, with benefits!"), so we got the reduced price anyway even though we weren't supposed to . Not 5 minutes after that took place, turns out the bf had to report back to his troupe (or whatever military group term, he's in the Army & getting deployed to the Middle East somewhere I think, everyone else in his battalion is already there but he had gotten pneumonia) today at 10 AM! We all gathered at Hulky's parents' house while we waited for the bf & SIL to get back from an errand. Some drama ensued...nobody was sure if they were actually getting engaged or not...they came back...then emerged from her bedroom with the ring on her finger . Phew, all is well! AND the now-fiancÚ actually got permission to stay one more night so he still gets to go to the Manor tonight and I think they are going to do something special for the newly-engaged couple.

I really like the fiancÚ so I hope this works out for them. SIL can be pretty dramatic. It's funny because she can seem like the most volatile one in the family, but I can see exactly where she gets it from both her parents, and how her siblings are similar.

So Hulky got super drunk last night and kept me up a bit when he came home (I left so I could get to bed on time). I finally realized that I had to let him pass out so I could then move & get some sleep (can't sleep when he's becoming a vine on me). Once he was out, I moved to the other side of the bed since he'd taken mine over and I slept pretty well until he got up to pee and then puke this morning. He sounded much more coherent after that! Funny how that works. I don't think he'll be drinking tonight, which is honestly a relief. We talked about drinking on NYE last week but didn't come to any conclusions about who would drive etc. I don't think I want to risk exacerbating my female itchy issues so I was figuring I'd bite the bullet and be the DD if needed. Hopefully we can carpool though.

This AM, I made mango custard from water, three gelatin packets, coconut milk (or "cream" since I let it separate in the fridge for a few days), maple syrup, and frozen mango chunks. I posted terrible pictures over in turquoisepassion's journal. It's very tasty . I think my Ninja blender is dyeing though, it sounded like the blades were scraping something and there are gouges on the sides of the pitcher that correspond with the placement of the blades . At least it was cheap (refurbished)! I will save up for a new/better blender. That's definitely a downside to not having a more formal wedding: no fancy kitchen appliances. Though we did get that KitchenAid mixer from my aunt & grandma for our engagement .

My doctor's appointment is this afternoon with a different nurse practitioner. I'm going to ask her about some of the home remedies I've read about and other treatments I could maybe try. I think I'm close to clearing whatever this is up and I don't want to mess it up at this point.
    Journal

Journal

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Hope your new (relative in law x2 combo?) has a safe tour. Have a drink for me when 2014 comes your way (#at workkkk)....

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Safe travels and duty to your future brother-in-law. Deployments make me sad. But the good news is that the "war" is technically over so supposedly it's "safer" over there - if you can ever really truly be safe as a US Soldier in insurgent territory.

Have fun tonight and be safe!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I don't have a problem with people arguing and/or arguing in general. I think it's a healthy past time for people who enjoy it.

I think people who equate arguing with frustration or anger are probably less comfortable with it, and those who think that one or the other party is hurt or offended in the process might be uncomfortable with those folks going to it, but honestly, it's a lot of fun.
    Ahh. I learned something from the trainwreck thread in O&E. I do not like debate/argument because I can only equate it with anger. Even if someone is only frustrated, my heart rate jumps and my anxiety kicks in because I think they are getting angry. It is strange/interesting to me that I feel this way despite having no history of abuse. I guess my dad getting angry over what seemed (to me) like trivial things was enough to instill that response in me. I find it very difficult to believe that people can debate/argue without getting heated.
    Journal

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I grew up in an all female home........... my dad died in a car accident while I was still cooking in my mothers tummy (3 month pg). So.......... male emotions were a complete mystery to me. My Grandad was really the only man I had a relationship with - and his anger lasted about 5 seconds and always ended in a tickle or a joke! I was well into my adult years before I understood the male anger response and wasn't afraid of it. If my ex would show any sign of being angry with me I would instantly cower and become the meek submissive mouse that I thought I should be.

Still, at 53, male aggressiveness or angry makes me uneasy - but I am able to deal with it - and even stand up to it if necessary.

I'm not sure if that story really relates to what you were talking about concerning the thread in O&E - but I thought I'd throw it out there.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

It's just confrontation in general that screws me up. I mean, from men, it's definitely a stronger response. I tend to care less if I upset a woman than a man. I just don't understand where this stems from in me. It's completely involuntary and my only way out of it at this point is to try and realize that I am freaking out and remove myself form the situation.
    Journal

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    That (NW's) responce is mine as well. I'm a social coward in real life. On the internet I can take part in a healthy debate so long as it stays so, though once one side divolves into I/you I'm out. But in the real world it's a non question. I have really no idea where it came from either. There's no abuse, laking of social/gender role models, or anything really in my family. I had some bad boyfriends who definitly enouraged that fault, but they didn't start it. I honestly think I'm worse in the real world because getting out is often not an option, whether because you're seen as weak, dumb, (god forbid) wrong, or people holding onto things and grudges, but this could be me making anxiety where it isn't.

Clarkie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh man can I relate to this. I grew up in a household where Mom and Dad simply didn't speak to one another for WEEKS. I was the only one still at home (brothers 14 & 16 years older than me) so I never witnessed a healthy exchange of opinions/disagreements. They would literally use me as a go between, "tell your mother....... oh ya well tell your father......." Confrontation of any sort, internet or otherwise makes me completely unravel. My stomach is in knots right now just thinking about all that sh*t from years ago.

On a brighter note, hope everyone has a great NYE and a happy, healthy 2014.
    Last edited by Clarkie; 12-31-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: to add New Year's wishes