Page 576 of 679 FirstFirst ... 76476526566574575576577578586626676 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 6781

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 576

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    As we near the end of 2013 and approach another week hiatus for me from MDA (just going for 5 straight days this time instead of a full week, M-F next week), I just wanted to say thanks. Thanks to everyone who bothers reading my brain dumps. Thanks to anyone who posts anything to me. Thanks for being here. I am really grateful for your presence, patience, and friendship. MDA has been an exceptional resource for me to pick apart my brain & health, and it's all thanks to the people here.

----

Health things I want to jot down before I forget again:
    -My temperature runs a little low. At the doctor today, it was 97.2F, in the ear. At home, under the tongue, it's always 97.7. I wonder if that is a fault with the thermometer or my temp just doesn't vary much. I want to improve this and see if I am less prone to feeling cold. My hands & feet get cold very easily. I'm doing some searching how to do this with food, but I think the main thing is eating enough. Maybe I'll try a shot of coconut oil a day!
    -I skipped breakfast because I was busy. This is probably going to screw up my BM schedule. Darn (I almost wrote "crap" or "poop" but then thought better of it, but then decided to mention it anyway).
    -The last few times I've been to the doctor (over the past two months), my blood pressure has been lower than ever before. It used to be a steady 120-ish/80-ish. Now it's 110/70 (today was 72, but in that area, no lower than 70). I guess this is my new norm? I wonder why it changed. I'm interested to see if this goes back up as I improve my digestion & temperature or stays the same.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 12-18-2013 at 11:10 AM.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I like poop schedule better.

And reference body temperature - IODINE! lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I wish Grizz had never made that crazy iodine thread. It really IS a valuable supplement.

I was hesitant to say it, but now that you've brought it up: I haven't ruled out iodine . I am taking a low dose anyway because I was tested as deficient earlier this year. My doc told me to take the whole bottle, which contains about 600 doses worth! A couple of days ago, I decided to start taking two drops a day.

This is the one I take: Amazon.com: Iosol Formula Ii 1 fl oz Liquid: Health & Personal Care I have no idea how much is safe to take or how slowly to increase the dose.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I got some dried kelp capsules a while back but stopped taking it. I can't remember why. Something I read scared me so I stopped.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Eee merry Christmas now in case you don't stop on closer to the holiday (I don't blame you, who would if you actually had people around--it will be a regular old day plus Christmas music for me. Ah army life...). I definitely missed your journal last time, though, so don't forget about us.

Awesome on the doctor appointment and awesome on the therapy stuff. I would be way too... Shy? Embarrassed? Meh? To share stuff like it seems a lot of the people I know through here are lately. Maybe it's the end of the year, with the whole end and rebirth quickly approaching. Maybe I need to go get groceries and go to sleep because I work too much.

Anyway, I need to pick up some more vitamin D today because uuunghhh it's dark and the SAD is catching up with me. I think I will buy the Mood Cure after reading about it on your journal. Or at least look into it. Even if it's not something I think I'll apply, it sounds like a cool read.

Beeeeeed..... Food first though. Must brave the blizzard because it doesn't look like it's going to die down after all.

Today, I had an exercise in anxiety management.

I got out of the house to leave for work and voila, there is a car blocking my car. The upstairs tenants are allowed three parking spots, according to Coach (one spot per tenant, but one of them doesn’t have a car, so only 3 instead of 4), though there is technically a slot for a fourth car. I ring the bell a couple of times, one of them comes down & I say, “Hey, do you know whose car that is? They’re blocking my car & I have to leave for work.” She grumbles & I understand that it is probably not AT me, though I still feel, internally, like she is frustrated with ME. That is anxiety, folks. She says it’s her friend’s car and I say, “Okay, [Coach] told us that guests aren’t allowed to use the driveway.” I left out the part where he told us to have unknown cars towed. She gets huffy and says he never told THEM (upstairs tenants) that and I just repeat myself and add, “You might want to talk to [Coach] about it.” She gets the friend’s car keys, moves the car in enough so I can leave, and all is well. I got to work on time.

I still had to calm myself down over the entire car ride to work. I still feel agitated about it. I did nothing wrong. I am telling myself soothing things and trying to let this pass. In the past, I would have gone to Hulky to ring the bell & talk to them, or I would have shoveled into the snow drift to get past rather than talk to anyone, making me late to work. So this is a good achievement for me, however uncomfortable.

My stew is very veg-heavy. I forgot to add apple cider vinegar and I think that would have helped the flavor (very onion-y). Maybe it will be better as leftovers. Today is the holiday lunch so there will be plenty of me-friendly food w/ turkey & mashed tuber things & veggies. I even remembered to bring my cal-mag butyrate.

There is some serious drama going on among some of our friends. It’s all too complicated to explain except in a lengthy discussion using actual names. It is causing me some stress and I am considering cutting down contact with some of them. The drama is so bad that some people left Facebook for SAFETY purposes. It’s really ridiculous. We are having some people over to watch movies on Saturday, however, and make hot cocoa. We’re calling it a Not-A-Holiday-Party Holiday Party . I am going to talk to Hulky about this, but I want to make it clear that if the topic of recent drama comes up at all, we are going to encourage people to leave or forcibly evict them from the apartment.

RR: At the very least, The Mood Cure helped me keep in mind the idea of “false emotions”. Sometimes, it is the illness, the depression, that is dictating my moods. Being able to differentiate those from legitimate emotional responses is helpful. The book didn’t address SAD at all, I don’t think. Vit D seems to be enough for me, but I do want a sun lamp.

In other news, this article was really good and also kind of sad-making. I loved this movie, but this made me think about it in a new way.
    http://jezebel.com/i-rewatched-love-...-al-1485136388

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I just re watched "love Actually" because my SIL was gushing over it on FB. That article makes a lot of true points.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Even if it doesn't address my more present at the moment issue, you still make it sound worth reading. I would have done the second not so good option and wound up in a snowdrift. I don't people well. Good for you.

Looking back, I'm glad now I left the drama from my high school friends back in the states. At the time it sucked. I was lucky enough to discover one good friend among them. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see any of them on Jerry Springer. Yes, their drama is that crazy.

Not saying cutting ties is the only way. Or best way. I wouldn't have met my best friend or joined the army without those assholes. (So good and bad came from that I guess lol)

PrimalCon New York
    I think I'll find a happy medium of hanging with certain people together and it will be fine. I just need to make my boundaries clear to my friends. Hulky is happy to help enforce them, too. He has no qualms about literally giving someone the boot. This is a rather close knit group of college friends (mine, which became Hulky's). All pretty nerdy and each with their own variety of social awkwardness. It makes for an interesting dynamic at times.

But it is nice to see some of them grow from situations like this. One friend is being an amazing neutral party for the people who are actually in conflict. I've never seen him act so responsibly. I got a nice email from one of them, that doesn't have time to hang out with the group that much, this morning. I think I'd like to hang with him soon, without a bunch of people, to go thrift shopping or something. He is going through some rough stuff right now on top of the group drama.