Page 571 of 748 FirstFirst ... 71471521561569570571572573581621671 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 7474

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 571

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Goat's milk doesn't seem to be a problem, but it's expensive. We don't tend to have leftover meat, so getting out of the habit of cooking just enough for one meal is something I need to work on.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Super sleepy today. I got caught up messing with my epilator (hair removal tool, still trying to get the hang of it) last night and didn’t get to bed till 11. I slept like a rock, but was very groggy this AM. I snoozed for half an hour.

Last night, I roasted a turkey breast (slathered in butter, under the skin as well, with spices) with rice & broccoli. It came out pretty good! Hulky said he might make a turkey for Christmas dinner after all. This morning, I was too groggy to have an appetite, but I had my protein shake. Leftover turkey for lunch! I might buy more turkey soon, since it's so cheap right now.

We got some groceries last night so there will be stew this week. Just your standard onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, and beef variety. Hopefully we can get a few meals out of that, but I don’t think I got enough meat to make it stretch. We also got Trader Joe’s Egg Nog ice cream. If you love ice cream and egg nog, you will love the egg nog ice cream.

Hulky said that one of my Christmas presents might be a bit pricey. We agreed a long time ago that if he wants to spend money on me (and can afford it), I’m not allowed to complain. So I’m a little anxious, but also excited

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I tried the Aldi version of egg nog ice cream. It was ice cream and it definitely tasted like egg nog... a bit rich for me so I haven't had more than one bowl. I should probably finish it up.

I wonder what Hulky is getting you! I haven't even started Christmas shopping yet... not a single thing is bought. And our Christmas tree is still in the basement. I really need to get on the ball.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

You could always do tree decoration on Christmas Eve? That's a tradition for some folks, apparently. More of an option when you already have a tree. Our (live) tree has sadly dried out very quickly. When I was growing up, we'd cut down trees on my grandparents' property so they were always fresh and we'd keep them up till mid-January. I miss that.

I am going to ask my mom if there's a cheap education-themed gift I can get for my brother, but otherwise, nobody else is getting anything! Other than the photo books for various relatives & Hulky's gifts. So much simpler this way. Well, I want to make some applesauce for a co-worker because she gave me a gift card and a lottery ticket (nothing won from it). I have the apples, just have to stop being lazy.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Our families have stopped gifting also. It makes the holidays much less financially stressful!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

I tried to make one of turquoisepassion’s recipes last night & failed miserably because my reading comprehension decided to take a vacation & I used collagen hydrosylate instead of regular gelatin. I guess I’ll just mix it with milk for pumpkin smoothies!

Breakfast was meager, again. Toast w/ cheese and a bit of pumpkin glop (the failed custard). Hulky is starting to chide me for not eating breakfast, but since he doesn’t get up at the same time as me in the morning, I don’t really feel motivated to make food (without his presence). I have more turkey, spinach (think I mistakenly reported that yesterday) & rice for lunch today, as well as two clementines & bananas. Hulky is making pancakes over at his parents’ house tonight for his sister’s b.day (the married one w/ babies). I guess I’ll ask if he can pre-make mine (from the gluten-free mix) at the apartment so I can indulge too. His last final is this afternoon, for physics.

Last night, I did a barre workout on Youtube (from the Fitness Blender page). I am weaker than I expected. I took some breaks while it was going, but tried to make them minimal. I did skip some stuff. All in all, I probably made it 30 min instead of the full 39. I think I’ll try a yoga video Monday; that should be a bit less intense. I’m not very sore today though I was very sore after the workout.

On my way to work, I had a brief moment where I wondered why I was drowning in post nasal drip, then I remembered that I had ice cream last night. Mmmmm egg nog ice cream. One step at a time: I don’t think I can handle making myself get up at 6:30 every work day (didn’t today, unexpectedly tired)

Hulky’s bunny slippers arrived yesterday! I can’t wait to give them to him

TMI: The female issues are still an issue. During treatment, the symptom was gone, but I finished the course and the symptom is back. I guess I have to make another doctor’s appointment, but I’m hoping that the probiotics will help.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I hope you're feeling better soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    Murr same here! Where are you getting your workouts from on YouTube??

My best friend apparently learned trigonometry through YouTube. I didn't even have a clue the internet has half the things it does. (And I'm only 23!)

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Murr same here! Where are you getting your workouts from on YouTube??

My best friend apparently learned trigonometry through YouTube. I didn't even have a clue the internet has half the things it does. (And I'm only 23!)
    I think the page is Fitness Blender? They have a ton of workouts of all kinds. I did a 39 min barre workout and am still sore on the second day after.

I have a tendency to assume that when people are young, they are at least as old as me, but I thought you were older than me!