Page 567 of 807 FirstFirst ... 67467517557565566567568569577617667 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 8063

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 567

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Re: money, I don't think I said that he expects our money to be separate, but that is not the case if I did. He expects us to have joint finances and that is what I want too. We are just struggling with how to balance that, as I'm sure most people do when they start to combine finances. Right now, I have my personal account, he has a personal account (which he intends on retiring because he hates the bank), and we have a joint account at the credit union, which he is using as his primary (which is why it feels weird to use that money, I don't put anything into that account right now). I kept a spreadsheet of my income & expenses for a while last year and it drove me insane, though it did give me a sense of how much we spend on groceries etc. If it comes down to it, I'll suggest we both do it to see where we're spending excessively, but overall I think things are fine. The only thing I've had to use the joint account for is groceries and for now, that's all I want to use it for. We'll figure it out.
    I think I didn't explain my thought very well. No, you didn't say he wanted his money separate... and I didn't mean to infer that you did. I guess a better way to say what I was trying to relay is "IF he didn't want you to spend his money or expect you to use some of it, he'd keep it separate." Sorry for the confusion.

The spreadsheet I use isn't a spending tracking sheet - those drive me nuts too. This is a "PLAN" for what to do with the money. For instance, on ours, I have how much I plan to spend on groceries each week (currently $200), gas (currently $170), etc, etc, etc, how much I plan to put into savings, etc. It's not a spending log at all, but I guess once the bills have been paid it serves as a spending log, in a sense. It makes me feel more comfortable and feel like I have a better handle on the money if I know where it's going prior to it going, and if it's on paper so I don't forget anything. It works as a checklist that way too. Car payment made? Check (I shade the block when I've made the payment to indicate it's done. A completely gray spreadsheet indicates I've paid all of our bills for that month). It works very well for me - might seem tedious to some, but it's something I picked up when I was reading Dave Ramsey's books and I haven't felt comfortable with doing anything else. Dave Ramsey said to give each dollar a job and write that job down - that's what my spreadsheet does - it gives each dollar a purpose, leaving a zero balance in our checking account the way he prescribes (any extra dollars are supposed to be given to debt repayment).

Brad and I fell into a battle rhythm with our finances pretty easily when we combined them, so I'm not experienced with the struggles you feel... I can't imagine the concerns, but sympathize all the same. Good luck!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Question – Anyone need/want Maca root? I have two bottles of the supplement. One is definitely closed, the other may be missing a few capsules. I can get the details of dosage & brand if anyone is interested, just PM me. Shipping will be cheap, so this is at no cost to you, I just want to clear some cupboard space without letting them go to waste. I stopped taking them because they made my heart race and made me jittery, but some people take them for hormone regulation.

I really need to get more Vitex, but since I’m down to $40.05 in my checking account, I’m waiting until the weekend. Tonight, I hope we can go get the Christmas tree. Tomorrow night, we’re going to see a friend’s cover band play (not really looking forward to it, but I’m tired of being limited by my mood/energy levels). Saturday, I should be able to get the car inspected again. Maybe we can work on the Mustang.
    I also have some Maca Root I'd be willing to give away - it is opened, and a few capsules gone.

I have two bottles of vitex if you want them. I'm not using it anymore. It makes my periods TORTUROUS!

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I'll take them! Shoot me a message (I think you have my address for Christmas cards?) if you want something for them, I could mail a check or use Paypal.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I haven't been drinking juice lately. I want to get back into the habit so I can take more collagen hydrosylate every day. I take 1 tbsp in the morning, in my protein shake. 1 tbsp sometime during the day (in my custom cocoa mix) and lately have not been having more in the evening (previously, I'd have 1-2 tbsp in hot cocoa or hot milk drink at night). My nails are peeling a bit. I think I need at least 3 tbsp daily for benefits. Eventually, I'd like to take 4 tbsp consistently.

Supplement list for next month
    -Sacharomyces Boulardii
    -Potato starch
    -a b-complex
    -Vitex
    -on the fence on whether I want to continue biotin & niacinamide

You can have them. I bought them so long ago that I'm not missing the money. They weren't expensive anyway. I do have your address. I probably won't get around to mailing it until after I return from Tennessee. I get back Monday night, but the post office will be closed. My next opportunity to get to an open post office is the following Saturday. (Why does the Post Office have ot have the same working hours as me???). I'll probably send them flat rate USPS.

One is open, one is still sealed. Maybe there's a 3rd... idr. I'll look at let you know.

I have some 5-htp too. I offered it to Paula a while back and we decided not to ship it. I am checking with her to see if she would still like it. If she doesn't, I'll send that too. I believe there are two bottles of that (1-50mg and 1-100 mg).
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 12-05-2013 at 11:50 AM.

No worries, I am always super slow about shipping things so I don't hold it against anyone . If P doesn't want the 5-HTP, I'll take it. It will probably get used eventually.

Nameless Wonders: Permission to fail
    Things I talked about at therapy yesterday.

Someone Hulky was in the Army with died last week. Sounds like he did something stupid and got shot by the cops (I wasn't there, but based on the articles I'm reading, there was absolutely no reason to resort to shooting him, fuck Los Angeles), but he was only 23 and apparently a good guy. I can only imagine that he must have been going through a hard time. He might have been on leave from deployment at the time. I feel bad for everyone who was waiting for him, and of course, his family.

I got some Vitex to hold me over for now, a month’s worth. I’m due for my period the third week of December, so I don’t know this will be enough time to rid any chance of PMS, but I guess we’ll see!

I didn’t get to sleep on time last night. Fairly sleepy today, but that’s kind of the norm for me lately. I got paid today so I am going to look at my bank account & figure out what supplements I want to order for the month.

No Christmas tree yet. This weekend, definitely! It doesn’t feel like December or so close to Christmas at all. Maybe the tree will help.

This weekend, I’m going to spend time editing wedding photos with my mom. I just don’t feel motivated to go through them on my own and I need to put together holiday cards, photo books, and photos for Baba’s digital photo frame.

I forgot to mention that I have been eating more starches this week. The result has been a lot of painful gas!

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    So much dumb happened here last year some units weren't aloud to leave post. Call me antagonistic but I believe any death not caused by age, illness, war or weather is avoidable. Most issues were a failure of leadership or morals. What a waste of a young life. So sad.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    So much dumb happened here last year some units weren't aloud to leave post. Call me antagonistic but I believe any death not caused by age, illness, war or weather is avoidable. Most issues were a failure of leadership or morals. What a waste of a young life. So sad.
    Agreed. Hulky wisely held his tongue (fingers?) and didn't post about the stupid things that the soldier did that drew him to the police's attention, since folks are grieving. It all could have been prevented and deaths by police are too prevalent in this country, IMO.